PDA

View Full Version : Best man speech

Jamesie
26-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Doing the honours in July but the groom has two best men - myself and one of his school pals, who I won't meet until the stag do (a week before the wedding).

Anyone seen a best man "double act" and how did it work? It seem that this is more common, but a wee bit tougher given I've not met the other boy yet.

Any help appreciated!

J

HibeeMG
26-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Doing the honours in July but the groom has two best men - myself and one of his school pals, who I won't meet until the stag do (a week before the wedding).

Anyone seen a best man "double act" and how did it work? It seem that this is more common, but a wee bit tougher given I've not met the other boy yet.

Any help appreciated!

J

I was part of a double best man wedding a couple of years ago. It was different to yours as the three of us have been friends for a long time (they were best man and usher at my wedding).

We decided that Chris (the other best man) would do the main speech. I gave a smaller speech and read the cards, proposed the toast etc.

It will be a lot harder for you given that you don't know the other guy. Is there any chance of you contacting him?

Wembley67
26-06-2010, 06:09 PM
I had two best men.

One did the sincere stuff and the other one did the jokes...went down pretty well :cool2:

Jamesie
26-06-2010, 06:23 PM
It will be a lot harder for you given that you don't know the other guy. Is there any chance of you contacting him?

I'm friends with him on facebook so there's a chance we can thrash something out, difficulty is not knowing his personality etc!

Allant1981
27-06-2010, 12:56 PM
i had two best men, my brother and my best mate, my brother done the churchy stuff ie rings and signed the register and my mate who is the more confident of the two done the speech, after he done his speech my brother actually done his own as well which was a bit surprising but it was a bit more personal than my mates who done nothing but rip into me

Gus
28-06-2010, 09:10 AM
I had two best men.

One did the sincere stuff and the other one did the jokes...went down pretty well :cool2:

I hope that wasn't one of the jokes :wink:

JimBHibees
28-06-2010, 09:40 AM
Saw this a couple of years ago. The bride and groom had moved to Australia a few years back and there were 2 best mans, one a mate from over here and the other an Aussie mate. Both went down pretty well as they were good storytellers and were concentrating on different parts of the guys life. As you say pretty important that you both agree on what both of you are going to cover. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Sylar
28-06-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm doing the same thing to 2 of my friends' - same problem for them too, as one lives in Ohio and the other in Edinburgh - they met whilst on holiday though, when the 3 of us were in Orlando for a fortnight - we had some good craic, so hopefully that'll have helped them!

Again, both are fairly good story-tellers, so hopefully they should be well received!

KWJ
29-06-2010, 05:19 PM
Joint best man for a wedding on Saturday. Me and his brother. He's doing his early life growing up with him, bro is still just 16. I'm doing later life and have the pressure to be more funny.

I've not to say anything inappropriate, that's just about everything!

Pressure. Need some coffee.

Frazerbob
30-06-2010, 12:24 PM
I'm best man for my mate next weekend. Speach is all but done but I need to come up with a fake telgram to lighten that part. Anyone heard any crackers?