PDA

View Full Version : Darren McCormack

hibs is life
20-06-2010, 11:40 PM
just been told he has signed for ross county

Hainan Hibs
21-06-2010, 12:17 AM
Hopefully he can get his head down there and work hard in training and make his time there a success.

PaulSmith
21-06-2010, 07:06 AM
Hopefully he can get his head down there and work hard in training and make his time there a success.

Hopefully he can work hard and make training, that would be a start

greenlex
21-06-2010, 08:31 AM
Hope the laddie sorts himself out and does well.

H18sry
21-06-2010, 08:38 AM
Another promising youngster blows his chance at ER :grr:

blackpoolhibs
21-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Another promising youngster blows his chance at ER :grr:

I'd imagine for every one that makes it, 10 or more wont.

GraniteCityHibs
21-06-2010, 08:55 AM
I was just away to post a new thread about Ross County- when i saw this one.

My old man was down in Edinburgh at the weekend- he was in Starbucks in Ocean Terminal waiting fo my mum to hurry up with her shopping as usual.

He spotted George and Derek Adams sitting just behind him and on his way out George said hello- as he was the coach when my brother trained with Celtic Youth in Aberdeen.

anyway, my dad said that they were signing papers and talking contracts with some young lad but he didn't recognise him.

Looks like it was McCormack!

Feel free to lambast me as i've just read this back and it may be the most vacuous post i've ever seen!:blah::blah::blah:

MacBean
21-06-2010, 09:02 AM
pass me my car keys i'll take him up myself

Ell_Chrisso
21-06-2010, 09:07 AM

Il pick you up, then him also...

JE89
21-06-2010, 09:40 AM
I think we should have given him another year. Feel that this one might come back to haunt us one day.

Love the Green
21-06-2010, 10:53 AM
Glad to see daz has found a decent team to kick start his career.
Yes he was a bit wild and wayward but he is still young enough to do well..
Fact he is away from a big city might just calm him down and add to his chances of success.

These tossers that want to give him a lift might just cop a " Callum Elliot" if they bump into him.

Good luck Daz and
"Keep the Faith":wink:

Peevemor
21-06-2010, 11:00 AM
Fact he is away from a big city might just calm him down and add to his chances of success.

These tossers that want to give him a lift might just cop a " Callum Elliot" if they bump into him.

Good luck Daz and

:faf: You obviously don't know anyone from Dingwall!

Removed
21-06-2010, 11:06 AM
:faf: You obviously don't know anyone from Dingwall!

:agree: :faf:

I spent some time in that area and there is hee haw to do apart from getting pished

Kaiser1962
21-06-2010, 11:11 AM
I liked Daz and feel that, better focused, he would have provided just the bite we are looking for. Takes no **** and is a good hibbie to boot. Its a pity he wasnt just a wee big bigger or that he didnt fit into the right back role. A bit betwixt and between but I really do wish him well and hope he sorts his head out.

and not by putting it on a jambo....:cool2:

Danderhall Hibs
21-06-2010, 11:13 AM

Give him your keys and let him drive.

Danderhall Hibs
21-06-2010, 11:14 AM

He's not learnt his lesson then?

Hibstrooper
21-06-2010, 11:15 AM

Sounds like a changed man then :rolleyes:

Hibee_Lisa
21-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Give him your keys and let him drive.

:tee hee:

Hibstrooper
21-06-2010, 11:16 AM
He's not learnt his lesson then?
D'oh - too slow!

Andy74
21-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Not a guy I've ever taken to, I'm sure i'm not alone in not really caring what he does next. That's not a go at this thread, just stating that strangely I have no connection with the guy at all despite him having played here.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Given our defensive frailties at the moment and from last season, it speaks volumes that he is being released at a time when we need players in his position. That he could not apply himself and screw the nut at a time when a long run in the first team was a possibility is a real shame. Giving him another year, would have delayed the inevitable for him I think. Not too late for the penny to drop though as he can still be a decent footballer but I think that postings about him returning in other colours to haunt us are wide of the mark.

Hainan Hibs
21-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Hopefully he can work hard and make training, that would be a start

Haha, fair enough:greengrin

matty_f
21-06-2010, 12:55 PM
It's a shame that the most impressive thing he did in a Hibs jersey was to show that daft Yam what a proper headbutt looks like.

Even then, it wasn't a very sensible thing to do.

Ell_Chrisso
21-06-2010, 01:01 PM

Good luck Daz and

Someone getting a bit mouthy hardman?

RoYO!
21-06-2010, 05:20 PM
I think we should have given him another year. Feel that this one might come back to haunt us one day.

I think that we had to set the tone for the younger guys...

Act in that way and you're booted, even if you're on the verge of being a first team regular. He was a terrible role model for the rest IMO.

Judas Iscariot
21-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Someone getting a bit mouthy hardman?

Hibs.net online virtual pagger..

HibbyAndy
21-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Good luck at your next club Darren :aok:

3pm
21-06-2010, 05:57 PM
He's pish. Next.

Dashing Bob S
21-06-2010, 06:02 PM

Good luck Daz and

Good luck Darren. I find it hard to take some of the celebratory sneers on this thread, just because a young local lad, who supports the club, fails to make an impact here. I hope he realises his potential at Ross County.

seanraff07
21-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Good luck Daz.:aok:

Ell_Chrisso
21-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Judging him now after seeing him make the odd apperances for Hibs this season, i would say he is knowhere near what we need for RB. And yes, i know... he is naturally a CH? But he aint gonna get a game there. You have to stand out as a youngster in order to have a sniff at playing CH, an that just aint gonna happen with him im afraid, as he cost us a good few times when played at full back. That being said, i hope he does well at Ross County, and maybe finds his level. But i feel he may even end up dropping down further to find a potential week in week out game.