PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Pre-Season training!

Mister P
16-06-2010, 11:13 PM
nothing decided yet, but it will be happening.

most likely once Craigmount Mondays close down we will begin some kind of pre season training in prep for next season. possibly on mondays but not certain yet.

What we will be doing is:devil::
we will be measuring every players fitness levels with specific drills and recording the results. then there will be a few sessions of training, then a few weeks down the line we will re-assess the fitness and see what progress everyone has made. This is not to grill or put anyone under pressure but will alert each individual to any extra effort thats needed from themelves if progress is not efficient enough.
might seem a bit OTT to some people but my feelings can be summed up by the words of John Collins who's company I was in the other week:wink:

good players get excited about a tough challenge, weaker players fear it.

We're a fairly well established team lads, we've been going for just over 4 years now and will be joining a league of startup teams. i want to hit the ground running in every department, fitness, organisation, squad availability. Who knows we may be playing better opponents than we're expecting :wink:

so, in short, make yourselves available. get ready!

Mister P
16-06-2010, 11:17 PM
oh aye, just to clarify. pre season training will not be all about running you into the ground....far from it.

the guys who got a taster of Deeks sessions (ooh er missus) last month will testify that it was fun, organised and very insightfull. When we get EVERYONE together for this the understanding between us on the park will be evident. coupled by enhanced fitness and an able squad pool to choose from should see us become the team we believe we should be.

Wysie8
17-06-2010, 06:21 AM
Bring it on Fonzy Boy!! Can't wait personally!! Totally agree, that the session deek took was the mutts nuts!

Ritchie
17-06-2010, 07:45 AM
John Collins is a goof!

bring it OOOOOOAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!

the more training the better! :agree: