PDA

View Full Version : Try this ..

IWasThere2016
10-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Read this then try it ..

Close your eyes, count slowly to three. Open your eyes - you're at ER what is the first thing you see?

I'm in the Old West and watching Sauzee rattle that free-kick in to the top corner against Falkirk in the last game of the old First Division season :thumbsup:

poolman
10-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Read this then try it ..

Close your eyes, count slowly to three. Open your eyes - you're at ER what is the first thing you see?

I'm in the Old West and watching Sauzee rattle that free-kick in to the top corner against Falkirk in the last game of the old First Division season :thumbsup:

I'm in the enclosure, many, many years ago and Bobby Duncan has just let fly from about 28 yards and the ball has zoomed into the top corner against Napoli after 2 minutes :thumbsup:

greenlex
10-06-2010, 11:45 AM
I'm climbing the steps up the old terracing on a dark euro night with the light from the floodlights magically illuminating the inside of the stadium. The anticipation of the tornado's ripping someone is awsome. :thumbsup:

1two
10-06-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm in the famous five right behind the goals, paataleinan has just flicked on a 1-2 ball right in front of Russell latapy and he's about to volley hibs 6 goal of the evening into hearts net...

Hibby Kay-Yay
10-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Running onto the pitch with Gordon Rae to an awesome east stand support :agree:

lyonhibs
10-06-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm in the old East, going absolutely bonkers as Benji slams home the winner against Hearts, then proceeds to run 60 yards or so just to noise up the Yams.

Or, I'm in the Old West as Kenny Miller torments Amoroso and Craig Moore, before slamming home the winner under Mark Brown. Flicking the vickies at the full South Stand as a 15 year old from the lower West (South End) seemed so "radge" :greengrin

Aubenas
10-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Any number, but the recurring ones are:

I'm on the old high terracing but a ground level round about the half way line, Alex Edwards has just signed for us; having just come home after 12 years in England, I don't know much about him. he picks up the ball
in front of me and without looking pings a perfect diagonal pass into the path of Crops on the far
touchline :dizzy:

And, in any number of games, we're losing with ten minutes to go and Pat gets the ball in his own half, head up, and drives for the opposite area and scores with a cracker. Did it all the time!

Finally, and sentimentally, cos I couldn't actually have seen it.
It's 1925 and a slight dark haired left winger beats three men in front of the old stand and puts in a
perfect centre. He's my Uncle James, and I'm greetin!
GGTTH
:thumbsup:

Steve20
10-06-2010, 12:14 PM
I am at the back of the East stand and O'Connor has just scored an injury time winner against Hearts to give ten man Hibs the win. :thumbsup:

poolman
10-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Any number, but the recurring ones are:

I'm on the old high terracing but a ground level round about the half way line, Alex Edwards has just signed for us; having just come home after 12 years in England, I don't know much about him. he picks up the ball
in front of me and without looking pings a perfect diagonal pass into the path of Crops on the far
touchline :dizzy:

And, in any number of games, we're losing with ten minutes to go and Pat gets the ball in his own half, head up, and drives for the opposite area and scores with a cracker. Did it all the time!

Finally, and sentimentally, cos I couldn't actually have seen it.
It's 1925 and a slight dark haired left winger beats three men in front of the old stand and puts in a
perfect centre. He's my Uncle James, and I'm greetin!
GGTTH
:thumbsup:

Got Alex from Dunfermline :agree:

jgl07
10-06-2010, 12:24 PM
I am behind the goal of the FF stand into the last minute against Celtic at 2-2. A shot comes in that is going wide of the post. Boruc decides to save it and somehow scoops it towards the middle of the goal right onto Dean Shiels foot who scores. 3-2 and the whistle goes.

Sergy Pie
10-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Read this then try it ..

The stadium :rolleyes:

hibee4life1983
10-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Rods tache

LamontHFC©
10-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Boozy slotting in the first in the 2-0 unbeatable derby..then going beserk..:agree:

Aubenas
10-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Got Alex from Dunfermline

Ah ken!
It was me that had just come home from England!:rolleyes:

poolman
10-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Ah ken!
It was me that had just come home from England!:rolleyes:

:faf:

cheltenhamhibee
10-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Dec 16th 1972, ma first Hibs game, on ma dads shoulders on the east terrace watching us pump ayr utd 8-1:thumbsup:

Liam89
10-06-2010, 03:22 PM
I am watching Ian Murray running down the line and score in the last minute against St Mirren to make it 2 -1..

Why that game? :confused:

Jonnyboy
10-06-2010, 07:12 PM
I'm on the old East Terrace and all around me there's singing and cheering as Joe Baker walks out of the tunnel with a Hibs scarf in his hands. Joe gets down on his knees and kisses the turf. At that point I just know that the evil fat Tory from Gorgie will fail miserably to kill the team I love.

Www1875hfc
10-06-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm in the east terracin,just watched sauzee score with a header against our debt ridden neighbours,after sauzee receives treatment after losing his teeth,watching him run back clenching his fist...:thumbsup:

mim
10-06-2010, 07:30 PM
When I open my eyes............my eyes are still shut. I'm standing high on the old East terracing
while Bobby Kinloch steps forward to take a penalty.

I open my eyes when bedlam erupts.

Hibs 3 Barca 2. :thumbsup:

Ritchie
10-06-2010, 07:45 PM
I'm in the old cow shed behind the goals and my hero michael oneil connects with a sweet volley at the edge of the box to score a great goal against motherwell

sleeping giant
10-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Im in the Dunbar end singing "There only one Alan Sneddon" when it looked like he had his legs broken during the Videoton (i think) match.

One Alan Sneddon :thumbsup:

The bugger got up and walked away a few minutes later:greengrin

sleeping giant
10-06-2010, 09:39 PM
When I open my eyes............my eyes are still shut. I'm standing high on the old East terracing
while Bobby Kinloch steps forward to take a penalty.

I open my eyes when bedlam erupts.

Hibs 3 Barca 2. :thumbsup:

Super post :top marks

Wish i was there :top marks

sleeping giant
10-06-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm on the old East Terrace and all around me there's singing and cheering as Joe Baker walks out of the tunnel with a Hibs scarf in his hands. Joe gets down on his knees and kisses the turf. At that point I just know that the evil fat Tory from Gorgie will fail miserably to kill the team I love.

I too was in the terracing that day.

There was a feeling that day that we would survive. Very very emotional.

I had a Hands off Hibs T-Shirt :hilarious

OstKurve Hibs
10-06-2010, 09:44 PM
I'm in the east terracin,just watched sauzee score with a header against our debt ridden neighbours,after sauzee receives treatment after losing his teeth,watching him run back clenching his fist...:thumbsup:

Me to, what a man! Legend!

sleeping giant
10-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Great thread :thumbsup:

CropleyWasGod
10-06-2010, 09:48 PM
I can only see the ******* that's sat in my seat....

Lofarl
10-06-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm in the old cow shed behind the goals and my hero michael oneil connects with a sweet volley at the edge of the box to score a great goal against motherwell

This

steviecarnie
10-06-2010, 10:05 PM
im in the east, rob jones has just scored against the jambo's the place is going nuts "JONES JONES ALWAYS BELIEVE IN ROB JONES" i end up 6 rows from where i started.......but what a feeling.

Fantic
10-06-2010, 10:08 PM
17th August 2003. In the East Stand with my wee sister.

Gary o Conner scores the winner against Hearts and everyone goes absolutely *** mental.

Hainan Hibs
10-06-2010, 10:12 PM
I'm pumping Shakira in the centre circle.

FRes Hibbie
10-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Boozy slotting in the first in the 2-0 unbeatable derby..then going beserk..:agree:

This

btw, why isn't this on youtube!?!?!?!?!?

MWHIBBIES
10-06-2010, 10:14 PM
FF upper about 5 years ago when riordan scored a last minute screamer vs dunfermline and the place just went mental.

Dunno why just a goal ill never forget.

tbfhibs
10-06-2010, 10:23 PM
De la cruz v hearts, happy birthday 6-2.