PDA

View Full Version : Sport Diving

Hibernian Verse
09-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Anyone else on here do the hardcore Scottish Stuff? Just wondering what experiences others have had in the North Sea, or even PADI's on holiday?

Seen a few amazing things in the past year I've been doing it but there's rarely been a better sight than seeing a 3m Moray free-swimming, which is quite rare. That was in the Red Sea rather than up here.

Allant1981
10-06-2010, 07:34 AM
Anyone else on here do the hardcore Scottish Stuff? Just wondering what experiences others have had in the North Sea, or even PADI's on holiday?

Seen a few amazing things in the past year I've been doing it but there's rarely been a better sight than seeing a 3m Moray free-swimming, which is quite rare. That was in the Red Sea rather than up here.

Im currently doing a course to be a qualified diver, have you done this course?

Hibernian Verse
10-06-2010, 11:28 AM
Im currently doing a course to be a qualified diver, have you done this course?

Yeah I finished mine last year. You doing it with Scotsac or Lotsac?

Allant1981
10-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Yeah I finished mine last year. You doing it with Scotsac or Lotsac?

Yeah Scotsac in stirling, its only one day a week tho which is pretty crap and will take ages

Hibernian Verse
10-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Yeah Scotsac in stirling, its only one day a week tho which is pretty crap and will take ages

Yeah that's what I did, it took me a couple of months to get the pool ones done then a further 6 months to get the necessary sea qualifications. When it's done it's great though, you get much more freedom when diving abroad, they don't keep such a strict eye on you as they do with PADIs so you get more free roam on the reefs. At least that was my experience in Egypt and Mexico.

And plus!! It's a much higher qualification that PADI and it's FREE apart from kit hire and travel costs etc. I've never understood PADI.