PDA

View Full Version : parking in dundee

libernian
30-05-2010, 08:45 PM
hey just wondered if anyone knew dundee at all and the parking areas...

does anyone know where you would be able to park for free or for a full day in dundee pretty cheaply? or even buy like a weekly permit?

cheers

PeterboroHibee
30-05-2010, 08:53 PM
You can park in the Queens Hotel which is right in the city centre for 4, for the whole day.

libernian
30-05-2010, 08:57 PM
You can park in the Queens Hotel which is right in the city centre for 4, for the whole day.

ah right, thank you!

that would be the queens accross from a pub called tonic? cant remember seeing a carpark there actually last time i was in dundee. or is it at the back?

PeterboroHibee
30-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Yeah its across from there, just before the front door theres a bit you can go down and the car parks behind it.

Apart from that, there are car parks around the University, about 5 minutes from the city centre, that you can get more or less the whole day for about 6.

libernian
30-05-2010, 09:03 PM
ok thanks very much mate

Sylar
30-05-2010, 11:13 PM
If you're not worried about being too central (i.e. 10 minutes walk from city centre) then free is pretty easy.

There's a car-park at the bottom of Roseangle (just off the Perth Rd.) which is free, but gets quite busy as a result of this - there's a footpath from the car park which directly walks you into the city centre.

You can also park on most residential streets out of the city centre - quite a lot of people seem to park in my street and walk down into town - it's only a 15 minute hike.

Phil D. Rolls
31-05-2010, 05:11 PM
From experience, a blue sign with a big white "P" on it is always a boon when searching for a space.

In Dundee, my favourite is the one opposite the Olympia pool, next to the Tay (should that be Teh?) Hotel.

Easy access to the shops.

libernian
01-06-2010, 07:49 PM
If you're not worried about being too central (i.e. 10 minutes walk from city centre) then free is pretty easy.

There's a car-park at the bottom of Roseangle (just off the Perth Rd.) which is free, but gets quite busy as a result of this - there's a footpath from the car park which directly walks you into the city centre.

You can also park on most residential streets out of the city centre - quite a lot of people seem to park in my street and walk down into town - it's only a 15 minute hike.

yeah thats where i went in the end. free of charge n no need to go into dundee town centre in the car!

cheers for all the help folks.

p.s. there actaully wasnt a "P" sign!