PDA

View Full Version : Remaining fixtures and other stuff.

Mister P
23-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Right guys.

I need everyone to keep a close eye on OUR WEBSITE as this is where I'll be listing upcoming fixtures. they will also be listd on here off course but our site is gonna be kept 100% bang up to date, where as on here can get a bit all over the place sometimes.

I have the dates for our 2 ties V DASFC confirmed, only have to get our home game V rangers agreed and thats all our Jan-June tourney games taken care of, except for the semis etc if we've done enough to get through. the continuation of this tournement, providing we can progress, will give us a decent run of pre-season games.

Trial match.
As some of you may be aware, Fenton and me have been doing a recruitment campaign, always trying to bolster and better the team:agree: we have had our gumtree effort very well received, and the online application form has brought some results as well with regards to applications. What we're gonna do now is organise a match for all the applicants, with a few of the existing lads making up the numbers. this will allow us to get a good look at any possible newbies in a full 90 minute match. There will be a separate thread for the arrangements for this though so dont discuss anything on here...but, who would like to be involved to make the numbers up? when this goes ahead it would still be good to have everyone there, just watching on.

pre-season training
Yes this WILL be happening. some good sessions from Deek will be held through the summer, most likely a monday night as Craigmount will be closed during the summer hols. These sessions will be good ball work, some team shape lessons, and a decent bit of fitness trainning. this will be done 110% serious, we will be having assessments on EVERYONES fitness, results will be recorded, then assessments will be done a few weeks down the line and all players progress will be recorded and monitored. It is HUGELY important that everyone attends these as this will be our proper pre season training, and non attendance will hinder your personal fitness progress, most likely leaving you at the bottom of the selection list. Again, a thread of its own for this will be posted soon.

We're about to embark on a new chapter in the history of the team, and Im sure everyone agrees it's been a good journey so far, but we need to step it up now and actually develop. It'll be sad to leave the SSML which has existed mainly due to us, we'll the organisiation of it anyway, but I honestly believe this is the best direction for the club now:agree:

Future of the SSML.
at the moment, Dave Black from Livi and Marv from Athletico have opted to take on the admin side of the SSML, thankfully as Id hate to see it just dissapear. the SSML genuinely has a role to play within sunday football, giving teams a platform to create themselves etc, and it's a small hope that the Beers one day may be able to get an SSML team active that could continue to fly our flag:dunno: so theres always opportunities for more players to be part of the club.

Ritchie
24-05-2010, 07:06 AM
I'll come to the trial match and will play if needed.

sauzee=legend
24-05-2010, 09:51 AM
I will play in the trial match.

Scooter
24-05-2010, 11:02 AM
depending on date and time. ill play. it would be good to get a run out

cocopops1875
24-05-2010, 04:26 PM
assuming a keeper is needed id play in the trial match:agree:

Mister P
24-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Aye, we'll most likely have 2 of our keepers involved, maybe even a half each so we can accomodate all 4 of them. who would have thought a year and a half ago that we'd be holding onto 4 goal keepers.

in fact, one (maybe 2 actually) of the trialists has applied as a GK.

Nando™
24-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Mon then...

The Green Man
28-05-2010, 08:57 PM
i'd play