PDA

View Full Version : Gigs in 2010

Sylar
21-05-2010, 09:43 AM
What does everyone have coming up event/gig wise this year then?

I just got 2 tickets to see the Lostprophets at the O2 in Glasgow in August 23rd, which is exactly one week before I got to see Blink 182 at the AECC in Aberdeen :thumbsup:

Hoping to squeeze You Me At Six into the list in December, as well as Kids in Glass Houses in October, FFAF in November and Billy Talent in November too.

I was hoping to go to Proms in the Park in September, but it's been moved from Glasgow Green to the Caird Hall (indoors!) in Dundee. Will probably go to the Glamis Castle Proms in August instead!

Good year for live music! :thumbsup:

SlickShoes
21-05-2010, 09:57 AM
I have Rage Against The Machine, Gogol Bordello and The Gallows at finsbury park in London on the 6th June

Alkaline Trio on Monday in Glasgow
The Get up Kids at the end of June again in Glasgow
And Bad Religion at the end of August in Glasgow!

Sick Boy
21-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Went to see Pendulum at the Corn Exchange last night. :rockin:Going to Download in a couple of weeks where I'll be seeing AC/DC, Rage Against The Machine, Aerosmith, Wolfmother and Them Crooked Vultures to name but a few.:thumbsup: Got Faithless on Tuesday at the Corn Exchange and The Dead Weather at the ABC on the 27th of June but that's it for the foreseeable future.

May/June/July is usually pretty quiet on the gig front as most bands are doing the festival circuit. Hopefully The Edge Festival in August has a decent line up this year.

Hillsidehibby
21-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Going to see Muse at Wembley. Not travelling especially to see them but will be down there then and my mate has tickets.

Not even sure I want to go!:confused:

MountcastleHibs
21-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Paul McCartney on 20th june, T in the Park if you can count that. Kids in glass houses in October, Paul Weller and You Me At Six in December. Busy year ha.

Darth Hibbie
21-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Kiss a couple of weeks ago, Slayer next week, and Alestorm in October. Wanted a day ticket for Download for AC/DC but there was no chance of getting the time off. Waiting till I get back from Holidays in July to see if I will try and catch Iron Maiden at Sonisphere and Guns N Roses at Leeds.

Ryan91
21-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Was at Pendulum last night at the Corn Exchange, it is a sauna in there, even more so when 3000 people are crammed in there and all dancing about like mad men, but still it was incredible, the live set up they have is just incredible.

OtterHibee
21-05-2010, 08:16 PM
So far I've got Cara Dillon in Glasgow next Thursday, The Christians :thumbsup: and possibly one other in September, and Emily Smith in November.

Hopefully there will be a few more to add to the list by the end of the year.

Gatecrasher
21-05-2010, 08:31 PM
going to colours fest in a couple of weeks, you cant beat a good Rave :party::partyhibb

Hibby70
21-05-2010, 09:49 PM
just wickerman in july on the horizon but waiting for the edge fest lineup.

GhostofBolivar
22-05-2010, 05:13 AM
Going to see Muse at Wembley. Not travelling especially to see them but will be down there then and my mate has tickets.

Not even sure I want to go!:confused:

Muse are effin amazing live. I'm probably going to see them at Wembley too.

Going to see The Gaslight Anthem in Glasgow next month.

Bayern Bru
22-05-2010, 06:00 AM
Teenage Fanclub next month - in a couple of weeks actually, at the picture house. Hopefully a few more gigs towards the end of the year as I'm studying in Edinburgh next (academic) year :thumbsup:

Frazerbob
22-05-2010, 07:46 AM
So far I've seen Depeche Mode several times around Europe, Gill Scot-Heron, Candi Staton, The Fall and loads more (the bonus of running a gig venue!).

I saw Lostboy AKA Jim Kerr last night which was amazing. Superb gig and a great album. Tonight I've got Crowded House at the Music Hall in Aberdeen. Looking forward to Rod Stewart at The Castle and will maybe head to Rock Ness for Leftfield.

Happy gigging kids!

.Sean.
22-05-2010, 08:32 AM
So far I've seen Depeche Mode several times around Europe, Gill Scot-Heron, Candi Staton, The Fall and loads more (the bonus of running a gig venue!).

I saw Lostboy AKA Jim Kerr last night which was amazing. Superb gig and a great album. Tonight I've got Crowded House at the Music Hall in Aberdeen. Looking forward to Rod Stewart at The Castle and will maybe head to Rock Ness for Leftfield.

Happy gigging kids!
What venue's that mate?

This year I have YM@6 and The Complete Stone Roses in December. Been offered tickets to the Charlatans at the Barrowlands too. I'll certainly get to another couple gigs before the year is out.

Also got The HOH concert next month.

My mate had a spare ticket for Airbourne last month, at the Picture House. It was ****ing *****. The place was rammed full of pissed-up sweaty rockers with their baggy jeans and greasy hair, then I walked in wearing a bloody cardi and a pair of Replays... Never again.

I'm hoping for a good line-up for The Edge Festival this year. I remember going to see The Kaiser Chiefs at Meadowbank a couple summers back (T on the Fringe then) and the were supported by The Pigeon Detectives and The View. That was cracking! :greengrin

Baw Baggio
22-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Gonna see the Damned next Saturday :thumbsup:

Frazerbob
22-05-2010, 11:05 AM
What venue's that mate?
:greengrin

The Warehouse in Aberdeen. Same folk that own the HMV Picture House.

www.aberdeen-warehouse.com

Frazerbob
22-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Gonna see the Damned next Saturday :thumbsup:

They're playing my work next Sunday. Looking forward to it!

Storar
22-05-2010, 10:37 PM
The Libertines..! oh yes!

GlesgaeHibby
23-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Went to see 'Transatlantic' in Manchester last night. Unbelievable gig. No support band, they just played for nearly 4 hours with only a 15 minute break.

Up there in the top 3 best gigs I've ever been to.

Hermit Crab
23-05-2010, 10:34 AM
Complete Stone Roses i see every year also going to see Squeeze at Carling Academy Glasgow in November who are being supported by the Lightning Seeds. Jackpot! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sylar
25-05-2010, 07:20 AM
May as well add Paramore at the AECC in Aberdeen to the list, also for November - busy month!

Ants
27-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Just seen the Black Eyed Peas at the O2.
One of the best.
Down side wiz Cheryl Cole/Tweed.

poolman
28-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Complete Stone Roses i see every year also going to see Squeeze at Carling Academy Glasgow in November who are being supported by the Lightning Seeds. Jackpot! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:thumbsup: me too

Calvin
28-05-2010, 12:01 PM
also going to see Squeeze at Carling Academy Glasgow in November who are being supported by the Lightning Seeds. Jackpot! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Got a ticket to see them at Aberdeen Music Hall. Lucky it was payday yesterday at £33.50 a pop!

Going to see Blink182 as well even though I don't much care for them anymore.

Unicorn Kid at Cab Vol, shortly before TITP.

Biffy Clyro at the AECC too.

Not many gigs really, not a lot coming up that it's worth going to.

Tyler Durden
28-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Foals at the Picture House but it's not til the 31st of October.

Otherwise a barren calendar!

Would love to go to Rock Ness on the Sunday for the Strokes but can't motivate myself to go for just 1 day and can't really afford the whole weekend.

Hiber-nation
28-05-2010, 08:46 PM
:thumbsup: me too

Me three!

And Feeder in October at the ABC Glesgae.

Steve-O
29-05-2010, 09:06 AM
Metallica - Auckland Vector Arena - 14th October :rockin:

Groathillgrump
29-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Going to see The Damned tonight. :thumbsup:

Ed De Gramo
29-05-2010, 04:05 PM
May as well add Paramore at the AECC in Aberdeen to the list, also for November - busy month!

Likewise :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Aiming to see them in Newcastle as well

Carheenlea
31-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Was at Villagers on Friday night at King Tuts, absolutely magnificent.

Going to Teenage Fanclub on Thursday, and aready this year been to Malcolm Middleton, Laura Gibson, Port O`Brien, God is an Astronaut, Butterfly Explosion, The Fall, Archie Bronson Outfit, Woodpigeon, Mick Flannery and John Spillane.

Frazerbob
31-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Was at Villagers on Friday night at King Tuts, absolutely magnificent.

Going to Teenage Fanclub on Thursday, and aready this year been to Malcolm Middleton, Laura Gibson, Port O`Brien, God is an Astronaut, Butterfly Explosion, The Fall, Archie Bronson Outfit, Woodpigeon, Mick Flannery and John Spillane.

They're playing my gaff tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Frazerbob
31-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Going to see The Damned tonight. :thumbsup:

How were they?

Bunter
31-05-2010, 10:09 PM
How were they?
Very good. They were really tight compared to the gig with the Alarm & Henry Cluney.
The set list was a mixed bag though. Some real oddities/rarities making an appearance for the first time in ages. "Fan Club" for one.

On a different note, I'm going to see Goo Goo Muck on Friday night at the Citrus Club. Cramps tribute band well worth catching.

Sylar
05-10-2010, 07:31 PM
I can now add Pendulum to this list :thumbsup:

Off to see them at the AECC in December - never heard a bad word about them live and their performances always seem absolutely sensational, so I'm utterly delighted!

Also have 30 Seconds to Mars, supported by Enter Shikari at the AECC exactly one week before - looking forward to both gigs!

Bunter
05-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Caught the Manics in Glasgow last Wednesday; the Fun Lovin' Criminals in the Picture House on Thursday and Steve Ignorant on Saturday. Twas an excellent week of gigs.
Going to see the Virginmarys this Saturday night in Bannermans.
I've got Gun, the Pogues, Echo & the Bunnymen, Sex Pistols Experience, Killing Joke and Bowling For Soup before the year's out.
The Stranglers in March next year too. :thumbsup:

Calvin
05-10-2010, 10:54 PM
I can now add Pendulum to this list :thumbsup:

Off to see them at the AECC in December - never heard a bad word about them live and their performances always seem absolutely sensational, so I'm utterly delighted!

Also have 30 Seconds to Mars, supported by Enter Shikari at the AECC exactly one week before - looking forward to both gigs!

Was tempted for both gigs but I'm quite skint at the moment to afford AECC gigs! I've seen Pendulum a few times and I think that's enough for me, they are good to see live but quite samey after seeing them more than once.

30STM are one of the worst bands I have heard in my life, but I love Enter Shikari and don't think I could bear sitting in the house when I know they are playing just up the road!

Went to see The Xcerts twice yesterday. How they have not achieved more success than they have is totally beyond me. Their first album was track after track of musical and lyrical excellence and their new second album sounds fantastic too. Snafu was a great wee venue for them to play, and it was probably in my top 5 gigs of the year.

Got General Fiasco at Tunnels next Monday, The Sunshine Underground at the Lemon Tree in December and We Were Promised Jetpacks at the QMU on Dec 18th.

Might go and see the Wedding Present at Tunnels too on my Dad's recommendation, seems quite a wee venue for an iconic band. Delays are playing next week too, Valentine was a great song but I'm gonna have to spotify them to see if it's worth going to.

Lulo Reinhardt as well, ticket was only £5!

GhostofBolivar
05-10-2010, 11:09 PM
Marina and the Diamonds, The Gaslight Anthem and Klaxons all next month. Imelda May too, but that's not until February.

Newhaven
05-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Its all about Leftfield and Underworld in November :agree:

Steve-O
06-10-2010, 10:21 AM
I can add U2 to Metallica now :thumbsup:

Metallica, next week.

U2, next month.

Iron Maiden, March 2011.

:cool2:

Darth Hibbie
06-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Was at the Classic Grand in Glasgow on Friday night to see Ricky Warwick. Was a fantastic night just him and his guitar. Got my photo taken with him afterwards as well. Will probably go and see him in Jan when he fronts Thin Lizzy.

Going to see Alestorm on Tuesday night. Looking forward to that one should be good fun.

Following week of to Manchester to see GnR. Can't wait.

Going to see Maiden Scotland in December.

Waiting on new shift coming through and if it works out will go and see Ginger and friends just before Christmas.

wpj
06-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Ticket arrived today for Primal Scream playing Screamadelica @ London Olympia on 27 November, can't wait, they are playing it live next year as well:thumbsup:

H18SScottW
07-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Fish

Haddington

23 October

:notworthy:

hibsdaft
07-10-2010, 09:49 PM
36, but still got it. no doubt about it. more than deserved his POTY.

Don-hibee
07-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Madness in November :thumbsup:

Ally
08-10-2010, 01:38 AM
Twilight Sad on Tuesday and Unwinding Hours on Sunday.

Kerrplunk
08-10-2010, 11:38 AM
The Charlatans at the Picturehoose tonight....can't wait :thumbsup:

Hibby70
09-10-2010, 10:51 AM
dogs and 10:04s 31 oct, shed7 and the law 11 dec, big country 2 jan.