PDA

View Full Version : Jay_McEveley

eastmainsmsh
19-05-2010, 12:18 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_McEveley

anyone reckon :confused: it could let ian murray go in the midfield holding role good player imo

KWJ
19-05-2010, 02:57 AM
Would be a great signing IMO. Haven't seen much of him in the last 2-3 years but he was a big prospect at Blackburn and I mind him playing fairly well for Scotland up at Aberdeen.

Doesn't miss many tackles and has a great left peg. Bit like David Murphy but i can't mind him getting forward as much.

Perspective
19-05-2010, 07:22 AM
He's a good player but Derby only released him because they couldn't afford to re-new his contract - somewhere in the region of £25,000 a week.

Mikey
19-05-2010, 07:31 AM
He's a good player but Derby only released him because they couldn't afford to re-new his contract - somewhere in the region of £25,000 a week.

Are you trying to suggest that we can't afford him!

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-05-2010, 07:45 AM
Good player but we can't compete with the wages. Darn sarf, you don't really need to be that great, to get great money.

seanraff07
19-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Very decent player and thought he done well whilst playing for Scotland but obviously the wages he's demanding are way out of our league.

Dunbar Hibee
19-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Good player but we can't compete with the wages. Darn sarf, you don't really need to be that great, to get great money.

:agree: Pretty unreal wages for a player like Jay Mceveley tbh.

Franck is God
19-05-2010, 11:39 AM
He is a decent left back but was found wanting at Premiership level and doubt he would end up higher than mid-table Championship so if he was able to negotiate £25k per week when he went to Derby he must have had the best agent in the world or some kind of leverage against the Derby chief exec at the time....

The Championship is a well paid league compared to the SPL but there are very few players outside perhaps a relegated club from the Prem that will be on wages anything like that high.

He might be considered a good addition to our squad but I'd rather a young prospect like Booth was given an opprtunity to deputise for Murray next season rather than sign a player that may block his development.

Dr_Regal
19-05-2010, 07:14 PM

That cannae be right!
Would be a great signing for us. for 5,000 a week

essexhibee
19-05-2010, 08:25 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_McEveley

anyone reckon :confused: it could let ian murray go in the midfield holding role good player imo

No thanks! :bitchy: If im honest i think Murray is past it now. Brilliant man in terms of effort and heart and passion for the jersey but the skill and pace just arent there.

EH.

HibeeMcGinn1
19-05-2010, 08:48 PM
When did Ian Murray ever have great pace? He always gets up and down the wings and never shys out of a tackle. He has been by far the best player for us this season.

Dunbar Hibee
20-05-2010, 01:27 PM
No thanks! :bitchy: If im honest i think Murray is past it now. Brilliant man in terms of effort and heart and passion for the jersey but the skill and pace just arent there.

EH.

Ian Murray is certainly not past it. IMO our player of the season:agree:

seanraff07
20-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Ian Murray is certainly not past it. IMO our player of the season:agree:

Agree with both things you said, he was arguably our best player this season, definitely for determination and effort anyway. And he's not past it, he might lack a bit of pace but he's not even in his 30's yet, players get classed as 'past it' much earlier on in their careers now.:bitchy:

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-05-2010, 12:15 PM
Is this the guy who won X factor lst yr? If so would be a good signing :agree: