PDA

View Full Version : Brands You Insist On

Scouse Hibee
17-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Some cheaper brands or supermarkets own may do the job in some cases but there are certain things that only the brand will do for me. What brands do other people always insist on?

For me it always has to be:

Colmans English Mustard

HP Brown Sauce

Heinz or Branston Baked Beans

Heinz Tinned Soup

Heinz Tomato Ketchup

Lea & Perrins Worchester Sauce

Sean1875
17-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Irn Bru, like it says original and best :agree:

ArabHibee
17-05-2010, 07:34 PM
I am deffo a Heinz addict.

lyonhibs
17-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Some cheaper brands or supermarkets own may do the job in some cases but there are certain things that only the brand will do for me. What brands do other people always insist on?

For me it always has to be:

Colmans English Mustard

HP Brown Sauce

Heinz or Branston Baked Beans

Heinz Tinned Soup

Heinz Tomato Ketchup

Lea & Perrins Worchester Sauce

I'd agree with all of the above, except for the tinned soup bit. I'm not a beans fan at all either.

In addition Kellogs cornflakes and Branston pickle are two ones I insist one.

CB_NO3
17-05-2010, 08:36 PM
HP brown sauce is the only sauce for me. I can only drink Irn Bru, Real Coca Cola or Orangina. And if its beans then its only Heinz or Branston.

Pete
17-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Before the downturn I was always sticking to my favourite brands but financial dificulties have forced me to "experiment" with supermarket own brands....and for a lot of things there is hardly any difference. At the very least I've found the difference in quality doesn't justify the difference in price.

However, Colemans mustard and Fairy washing up tablets etc...are brands I wouldn't budge from.

One thing I have learnt is to stay away from the "value" brands. You get what you pay for when it comes to them.