PDA

View Full Version : Take advantage of United's financial position ?

Earl of Currie
15-05-2010, 05:35 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1278563/Dundee-United-sell-chairman-admits-Thompson-family-financial-support-unsustainable.html (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1278563/Dundee-United-sell-chairman-admits-Thompson-family-financial-support-unsustainable.html)

After reading the story in todays Mail , it does not look rosy for Dundee Utd.
Even though they won the cup , the money generated from that win and current league position will only stave off the inevitable years of hardship for about a season. I cannot see them being able to attract players of the like of Webster , Weaver , Cadamateri or hold onto Goodwillie , Kenneth & Gomis.

Apart from the excellent opportunity to move above Utd in the league , would now be good opportunity to move for a few of their players ?
I think the likes of Dixon , Kovacevic or Robertson would improve our defence.

Chuckie
15-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Steady on there shipmate...

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-05-2010, 06:15 PM
I think that the dundee united board would be parochial enough to see that selling goodwilie and kenneth may bring in the thick end of 3 million which would plug a few gaps without the need for a fire-sale.

bighairyfaeleith
15-05-2010, 06:29 PM
I don't really rate the utd players individually, but as a whole unit they are very good. I think they are great example of a real team. Where we are a great example of individual brilliance.

I think most would be too expensive though and there are probably better options out there.

Hibercelona
15-05-2010, 06:37 PM
I don't really rate the utd players individually, but as a whole unit they are very good. I think they are great example of a real team. Where we are a great example of individual brilliance.

I think most would be too expensive though and there are probably better options out there.

Spot on.

If we could play as a unit at the same level as Dundee Utd with the players we have at our disposal, we'd be right up there with the uglies.

But its typical for Hibs to always be missing something from the equation.

If its not lack of team work, its lack of individual skill.... and if its not a lack of individual skill its a lack of consistency.... etc. :blah:

HibeeDaz6270
15-05-2010, 06:45 PM

I agree to an extent. Dundee Utd have a very good balance to there team and have a team that works there socks of for each other. However i do also rate alot of there players individually. Goodwillie, Kenneth, Gomis, Swanson, Robertson , Bauben are all good players from what i have seen.

I wouldnt say for Hibs to go for them, as majority will demand a fairly big transfer fee for a club like us, however there is a few bargains in there if your a club down south. If many of they players played for Hibs , we would value them at £2million + so from an investment point of view maybe it would be worth it if we could beat of interest from other clubs, which i doubt.

Gomis inparticular is a fantastic player. Bought from cowdenbeath, Levein could certainly spot a player.

bighairyfaeleith
15-05-2010, 06:58 PM
I agree to an extent. Dundee Utd have a very good balance to there team and have a team that works there socks of for each other. However i do also rate alot of there players individually. Goodwillie, Kenneth, Gomis, Swanson, Robertson , Bauben are all good players from what i have seen.

I wouldnt say for Hibs to go for them, as majority will demand a fairly big transfer fee for a club like us, however there is a few bargains in there if your a club down south. If many of they players played for Hibs , we would value them at £2million + so from an investment point of view maybe it would be worth it if we could beat of interest from other clubs, which i doubt.

Gomis inparticular is a fantastic player. Bought from cowdenbeath, Levein could certainly spot a player.

Your right about levein, he is fairly expert when it comes to scouring the lower leagues.

franco
15-05-2010, 08:23 PM
At the end of the day at this moment in time there a better team than us

darwenhibby
15-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Just to add another team to the equation.

Preston North End are in the doggy doo doo aswell down here.
Could be one or two pickings from there. ie Michael Hart, and although a wee bit old Callum Davidson

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 09:52 PM

Could be one or two pickings from there. ie Michael Hart, and although a wee bit old Callum Davidson

What about Parkin, he'd beef up the attack.:wink:

darwenhibby
15-05-2010, 10:18 PM
What about Parkin, he'd beef up the attack.:wink:

You tell me mate. I only follow Blackpool and the Riordan/Almond deal.
Depending on next weeks result:wink:

Cropley10
16-05-2010, 02:01 PM

What's this then??:confused:

blackpoolhibs
16-05-2010, 02:09 PM

Ah that old chestnut.

SvenNeil
16-05-2010, 11:28 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1278563/Dundee-United-sell-chairman-admits-Thompson-family-financial-support-unsustainable.html (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1278563/Dundee-United-sell-chairman-admits-Thompson-family-financial-support-unsustainable.html)

After reading the story in todays Mail , it does not look rosy for Dundee Utd.
Even though they won the cup , the money generated from that win and current league position will only stave off the inevitable years of hardship for about a season. I cannot see them being able to attract players of the like of Webster , Weaver , Cadamateri or hold onto Goodwillie , Kenneth & Gomis.

Apart from the excellent opportunity to move above Utd in the league , would now be good opportunity to move for a few of their players ?
I think the likes of Dixon , Kovacevic or Robertson would improve our defence.

Kenneth :thumbsup:

chrisski33
17-05-2010, 10:21 AM
interesting to see how houston gets on if they do sell players as couple of players said after final that it was leveins team that one the cup.

MacBean
17-05-2010, 10:33 AM
there are only two players from United i would like to see in our Green. Swanson and Conway

blackpoolhibs
17-05-2010, 10:35 AM
there are only two players from United i would like to see in our Green. Swanson and Conway

I'd take all of them if it was a straight swap.

BullbreedHFC
17-05-2010, 01:55 PM
I'd take all of them if it was a straight swap.

with a bit of fine tuning (and a few new faces) we shouldn't be too far away from them next season :greengrin good thinking though :faf:

Barney McGrew
17-05-2010, 02:01 PM
interesting to see how houston gets on if they do sell players as couple of players said after final that it was leveins team that one the cup.

That depends on whether Houston is there next season or not

blackpoolhibs
17-05-2010, 02:37 PM
with a bit of fine tuning (and a few new faces) we shouldn't be too far away from them next season :greengrin good thinking though :faf:

:wink:

mjhibby
17-05-2010, 02:43 PM

I was thinking that myself.Hart may be the right back yogi is waiting for.He said in the paper that wotherspoon wont be playing in an unfamiliar rb role so we can assume he is signing a recognised rb.

Musselbound
17-05-2010, 02:55 PM

Those two and Kenneth and Dixon would enhance the current Hibs squad without a doubt.

Del Boy
17-05-2010, 08:59 PM
I'd take any of united's starting 11 from saturday, definetely their keeper FFS, you seen the state of ours!!!???:grr:

ArabHibee
17-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Kenneth :thumbsup:

:faf:

No thanks.