PDA

View Full Version : Question Restaurants in edinburgh

shaun
13-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Am looking for a restaurant in edinburgh that does nice food but is not to expensive anybody got any suggestions on any nice places thanks.

SlickShoes
13-05-2010, 01:02 PM
It really depends on your budget, what sort of money are you looking to spend?

sauzee=legend
13-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Indigo Yard - 2for1 on main courses.

Really nice food and really nice place. I go here a few times a month and never once had anything bad to say about the place.

J-C
13-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Il Castillo in Castle Ter, really nice food at a decnt price, also handy for town centre for a few drinks after.

shaun
13-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Probably about 50quid for 3 people to eat. Is there anything near the bus station at st james centre thats decent my girlfriends pal is coming down and the 3 o us are going out ta

sauzee=legend
13-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Probably about 50quid for 3 people to eat. Is there anything near the bus station at st james centre thats decent my girlfriends pal is coming down and the 3 o us are going out ta

McDonalds :wink:

Speedy
13-05-2010, 02:13 PM
http://www.muangthai.co.uk/

I love the place :thumbsup:

Edit: It should cost £20-£25 each including starters and a drink(or 2).

Edit 2: You can see the menu on the website so you can work out how much you'd spend before you get there.

I'd highly recommend it!

J-C
13-05-2010, 02:13 PM

Nip down to Hanover St mate, there are about 4 Italian restaurants, all pretty reasonable in price, I think the Patio does a set price menu in the evenings, about 5 minutes walk from the bus station.

offshorehibby
13-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Howies at Waterloo Place, I always get a good meal and it's reasonable.

lyonhibs
13-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Howies at Waterloo Place, I always get a good meal and it's reasonable.

:agree: :agree:

As above - I went to their Victoria Street branch - on a whim pretty much - with a friend for lunch and it was excellent, in terms of both quality and price.

goosano
13-05-2010, 07:12 PM
The Dogs (http://www.thedogsonline.co.uk/sampledaymenu.html)-Hanover Street-excellent value, not expensive

Since90+2
13-05-2010, 07:16 PM
:agree: :agree:

As above - I went to their Victoria Street branch - on a whim pretty much - with a friend for lunch and it was excellent, in terms of both quality and price.

I'd second that.

Been to Howie's on many an occasion and ive always enjoyed it.

Betty Boop
14-05-2010, 11:00 AM
The Vittoria on Brunswick Street, or another branch has opened on George 1V Bridge. Great food and the added bonus of the owner being a Hibby. John Collins is also a regular in the Vittoria.

H18BYM
14-05-2010, 11:16 AM
There's a place called The Magnum on Albany Street (at the Dublin Street end). Excellent food and service, and also available to book on Top Table.

Isaac_Refvik
14-05-2010, 12:33 PM
The Dogs (http://www.thedogsonline.co.uk/sampledaymenu.html)-Hanover Street-excellent value, not expensive

Had a look at the menu. Don't fancy 'Arti's anal bread' much.:jamboak:

18/03/07
14-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Cafe Rouge on fredrick st,even better if you have a tesco club card as you can cash your tokens in for 4 times what there worth in cafe rouge

Jack
14-05-2010, 02:04 PM
If its on a budget you might want to arrange a lunch date. You'd get a much wider choice of places to go and even a couple of drinks included for your £50.

Kaiser_Sauzee
14-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Indigo Yard - 2for1 on main courses.

Really nice food and really nice place. I go here a few times a month and never once had anything bad to say about the place.

Full of poncy city types with their overpriced Martini's. I love it. :greengrin

City ponce.

shaun
14-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Cheers for all the suggestions gonna check them out for menu and price. Now chinese manor house just next to drumbrae roundabout anybody been here is it any good and reasonable for price.

Wembley67
14-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Cheers for all the suggestions gonna check them out for menu and price. Now chinese manor house just next to drumbrae roundabout anybody been here is it any good and reasonable for price.

Not been for a while but I found it to be over expensive and nothing to write home about - cool twirly tables though :greengrin

Hiber-nation
14-05-2010, 09:41 PM

Yep, worst Chinese I've had for years - nice place, nice staff but food was like the stuff you get from the freezer in Tescos.

shaun
15-05-2010, 12:26 AM
Aww well chinese manor house out the windown then lol. Well thanks for the help with places to eat will decide on one to go to cheers

Bayern Bru
15-05-2010, 12:42 AM
If it's not too late, the Living Room at the West End of George Street has a decent atmosphere both at lunchtime and dinner, reasonably priced and the food is superb. (Also offer a cracking Estonian beer called Viru).

Think you could probably have a decent meal and a couple of drinks each for £50 or so.

Been there a lot and never been disappointed - both for lunch, dinner and drinks.