PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Oxford from Edinburgh........

lyonhibs
13-05-2010, 07:46 AM
Basically, I've got an assesment centre down there - midweek - at the beginning of June, and was wondering the best/most cost effective way to get there (as I'm not a driver) from Edinburgh.

Flight to London then train out, or train all the way?

I'm sure some on here will live in/have travelled to that neck of the woods a lot more than me - I'm assuming the former option is better?? :confused: :dunno:

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
13-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Basically, I've got an assesment centre down there - midweek - at the beginning of June, and was wondering the best/most cost effective way to get there (as I'm not a driver) from Edinburgh.

I'm sure some on here will live in/have travelled to that neck of the woods a lot more than me - I'm assuming the former option is better?? :confused: :dunno:

IIRC there is a direct train from Gatwick to Oxford.

(or was it Heathrow???)

J-C
13-05-2010, 01:25 PM

GNER prices in this link.

http://tickets.eastcoast.co.uk/ec/en/JourneyPlanning/MixingDeck (http://tickets.eastcoast.co.uk/ec/en/JourneyPlanning/MixingDeck)

aazza91
13-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Few of my mates go to Uni in London - They travel back up via megabus i think. Its through the night though but once one of them got up for like £5. Might not be the most suitable but can't complain with them prices!

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Trains probably best, WAV - WOL with VT then WOL - OXF I think its XC takes about 5.5 hrs.

Gus
13-05-2010, 08:18 PM

alright geezer, i am from tory country.....:wink:

I usually get an easyjet flight edinburgh to london luton & then you can get a train in an hour to oxford.....or you can get a national express bus in 90 minutes...

you have any questions then i will see you at footie on sunday or monday