PDA

View Full Version : Europa Cup qualifying.

KWJ
08-05-2010, 06:34 AM
It's not pretty really.

If we finish 5th and the Arabs win the cup we'd enter Europe in the first qualifying round which begins on 1st July.

If we finish 4th and County win the cup it'd be the same as above I think. But if we're 4th and Arabs win cup then we'd enter the 2nd qualifying round which is still a scary 15th July 1st leg.

At least it'd be 4 days after the World Cup final!

If we're in from the first qualifying round it'd take 4 ties to qualify for the group stages.

Fun huh!

Actually ignore that, it's pish. motherwell got in to the first round last year because of the fair play!

Okay better news. Worst scenario County win cup and we are 5th, no qualify.

Or County win cup, we come 4th, first european match is 2nd round at 15th July.

Come 4th, Utd win cup. Enter in 3rd round when the first leg is 29th July.

Win that tie (where Aberdeen were embarassed) and we'd be in the very VERY difficult play off round to face someone like Dnipro on 19th August, with 2nd leg at 26th August.

Any chance of having ER ready fir Euro fitba on 26th August? Ambitious but damn I want it bad :thumbsup::thumbsup:

To sum up much more simply.

12. Dundee United will play Ross County in the 2009–10 Scottish Cup final. If Dundee United win they will enter the Europa League in the playoff round, the 4th placed team of 2009–10 Scottish Premier League will enter 3rd qualifying round, and 5th placed team of 2009–10 Scottish Premier League will enter 2nd qualifying round.

Nando™
08-05-2010, 06:43 AM
Who embarassed Aberdeen?

KWJ
08-05-2010, 06:47 AM
Sigma Olomouc. Something liket that. Beat them about 4-0 at Pittodrie.

HH81
08-05-2010, 06:52 AM
Hmmmm 1st July :no way:

'I think I will still make both legs but that's too early to be back playing!!!!

Would the pitch even be ready for then? :confused:

Cluny Hibs
08-05-2010, 06:53 AM
This might help:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/access2010.html

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/calendar2010.html

Cheers

KWJ
08-05-2010, 06:59 AM
Hmmmm 1st July :no way:

'I think I will still make both legs but that's too early to be back playing!!!!

Would the pitch even be ready for then? :confused:

Sorry, I should have deleted the first bit. Got it wrong, read the 2nd half.

Earliest would be 15th July if we come 5th or if we're 4th and County win cup.

HH81
08-05-2010, 07:02 AM
Sorry, I should have deleted the first bit. Got it wrong, read the 2nd half.

Earliest would be 15th July if we come 5th or if we're 4th and County win cup.

Oh right, thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

If we get in it will come round soon.

KWJ
08-05-2010, 07:06 AM
Wasn't happy when I thought we were playing during the World Cup.

At least we've barely got any time without football.

seanraff07
08-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Wasn't happy when I thought we were playing during the World Cup.

At least we've barely got any time without football.

Isn't that a bad thing?

Nando™
08-05-2010, 08:17 AM
Sigma Olomouc. Something liket that. Beat them about 4-0 at Pittodrie.
Aww aye forgot about that one.

5-1 at Pittodrie then lost 3-0 away. Horrible.

KWJ
08-05-2010, 08:43 AM
Isn't that a bad thing?

When you've been away for it for a year mate you'll understand! Cannae wait for the World Cup :)

Delboy*
08-05-2010, 08:51 AM
It's not pretty really.

If we finish 5th and the Arabs win the cup we'd enter Europe in the first qualifying round which begins on 1st July.

If we finish 4th and County win the cup it'd be the same as above I think. But if we're 4th and Arabs win cup then we'd enter the 2nd qualifying round which is still a scary 15th July 1st leg.

At least it'd be 4 days after the World Cup final!

If we're in from the first qualifying round it'd take 4 ties to qualify for the group stages.

Fun huh!

Actually ignore that, it's pish. motherwell got in to the first round last year because of the fair play!

Okay better news. Worst scenario County win cup and we are 5th, no qualify.

Or County win cup, we come 4th, first european match is 2nd round at 15th July.

Come 4th, Utd win cup. Enter in 3rd round when the first leg is 29th July.

Win that tie (where Aberdeen were embarassed) and we'd be in the very VERY difficult play off round to face someone like Dnipro on 19th August, with 2nd leg at 26th August.

Any chance of having ER ready fir Euro fitba on 26th August? Ambitious but damn I want it bad :thumbsup::thumbsup:

To sum up much more simply.

12. Dundee United will play Ross County in the 2009–10 Scottish Cup final. If Dundee United win they will enter the Europa League in the playoff round, the 4th placed team of 2009–10 Scottish Premier League will enter 3rd qualifying round, and 5th placed team of 2009–10 Scottish Premier League will enter 2nd qualifying round.

Thank god for that bit!!
until then i thought it was one of those "why bother" posts which got me to thinkin of all the posts if we even actually get 4th but have a poor start to next season n people blaming Yogi for havin the brass neck to get us into europe and burning us oot!!

How good tho, World Cup then Hibs in Europe....:thumbsup: