PDA

View Full Version : 11-1: OF Dominance Personified

Sylar
06-05-2010, 10:47 AM
I read an article in todays Scotsman that Alistair Johnston (current chairman of Rangers) has said they will only vote for SPL reformation IF it doesn't threaten the status of the Old Firm.

This got me to thinking: what status? Winning the league without competition every year? Running away with 1 or 2 cups in addition?

This is the epitomy of the Old Firm mentality - they want OUT of Scottish Football to receive more competition on an annual basis. They want to be "challenged" at a higher level. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting the SPL IS challenging, but doesn't this sum them up to a tee?

Rangers and Celtic pillage players who show ANY potential threat to them and don't use them for years.

As a result, with their financial (debt-based) clout, no other club can come close to spending what is required to compete.

Rangers and Celtic fans moan that the league is too easy, yet when their sides regularly lose to "smaller" clubs, they start boycotting games, demanding money to be spent and blasting the fact that their dominance is challenged - the finances usually allow their cries to be appeased, thus leading to a continuation in the imbalance of the top league

Rangers and Celtic continue to hold the other clubs to ransom, dictating TV deals, because their oversized fanbase shadows the rest of us - this oversized fanbase being built on a foundation of biggotry and hatred - which ensures "majority" is satisfied, with SKY/ESPN paying a significantly larger chunk of money to the Glasgow duo.

A report identifies the need for change and promotes the idea of modifying the league to ensure that no team plays each other more than twice - this would reduce money received by the Old Firm, thus reducing their spending capacity, forcing them to invest in youth and a spending budget like everyone else. Because of this, it's likely that BOTH the Old Firm will vote "no" to any change, as it's not in their interest, despite the fact that EVERY single Scottish Football fan can see (and has voiced) their willingness for change to the stale format.

This is evident for ALL to see, including the beaks at the top, yet they appease the fact that Rangers and Celtic maintain a stranglehold by maintaining a 11-1 voting system, meaning that unless both of these cancerous institutions are in favour of something, it will not go ahead.

Democratic majority my a*se! :grr:

H18sry
06-05-2010, 11:22 AM
There will never be any change as long as an 11-1 majority is needed, who ever brought that decision in, closed the democratic right :agree:

The_Sauz
06-05-2010, 11:34 AM
I read an article in todays Scotsman that Alistair Johnston (current chairman of Rangers) has said they will only vote for SPL reformation IF it doesn't threaten the status of the Old Firm.

This got me to thinking: what status? Winning the league without competition every year? Running away with 1 or 2 cups in addition?

This is the epitomy of the Old Firm mentality - they want OUT of Scottish Football to receive more competition on an annual basis. They want to be "challenged" at a higher level. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting the SPL IS challenging, but doesn't this sum them up to a tee?

Rangers and Celtic pillage players who show ANY potential threat to them and don't use them for years.

As a result, with their financial (debt-based) clout, no other club can come close to spending what is required to compete.

Rangers and Celtic fans moan that the league is too easy, yet when their sides regularly lose to "smaller" clubs, they start boycotting games, demanding money to be spent and blasting the fact that their dominance is challenged - the finances usually allow their cries to be appeased, thus leading to a continuation in the imbalance of the top league

Rangers and Celtic continue to hold the other clubs to ransom, dictating TV deals, because their oversized fanbase shadows the rest of us - this oversized fanbase being built on a foundation of biggotry and hatred - which ensures "majority" is satisfied, with SKY/ESPN paying a significantly larger chunk of money to the Glasgow duo.

A report identifies the need for change and promotes the idea of modifying the league to ensure that no team plays each other more than twice - this would reduce money received by the Old Firm, thus reducing their spending capacity, forcing them to invest in youth and a spending budget like everyone else. Because of this, it's likely that BOTH the Old Firm will vote "no" to any change, as it's not in their interest, despite the fact that EVERY single Scottish Football fan can see (and has voiced) their willingness for change to the stale format.

This is evident for ALL to see, including the beaks at the top, yet they appease the fact that Rangers and Celtic maintain a stranglehold by maintaining a 11-1 voting system, meaning that unless both of these cancerous institutions are in favour of something, it will not go ahead.

Democratic majority my a*se! :grr:
I agree with what you are saying, apart for the git in bold!
First and foremost, the old firm want out off Scotland for more money :agree:

Thanks to Hibs, the other clubs in Scotland have now got wise to the OF when it come to selling it's better players..