PDA

View Full Version : Motherwell ('We shall fight them on the beaches') - Who's going?

Erinfly
03-05-2010, 04:59 PM
What a massive game on wednesday. Win and we are in europe as cant see motherwell winning at ibrox on sunday. Its Cup final time and the players (for once) need to be right up for it, roll up the sleeves and fight, bite, pull hair, win by any means possible. It wont be pretty especially on that pitiful excuse of a playing surface. Sadly I cant see as it happening as it seems like the majority of the team have completely given up the ghost, dont give a flying ******, or however we see it:boo hoo: Only a tenner to get in though and with what is at stake should the team reastically expect to run out to a completely undeserved good support on wed night? :confused:

PISTOL1875
03-05-2010, 05:08 PM
What a massive game on wednesday. Win and we are in europe as motherwell wont win at ibrox on sunday. Its Cup final time and the players (for once) need to be right up for it, roll up the sleeves and fight, bite, pull hair, win by any means possible. It wont be pretty especially on that pitiful excuse of a playing surface. Sadly I cant see as it happening as it seems like the majority of the team have completely given up the ghost, dont give a flying ******, or however we see it:boo hoo: Only a tenner to get in though and with what is at stake should the team reastically expect to run out to a completely undeserved good support on wed night? :confused:

How do you know that ???

--------
03-05-2010, 05:10 PM
I suppose I might as well...

Unless someone offers to pull out my finger- and toe-nails one by one from the roots with a pair of rusty pliers.....

:rolleyes:

K.Marx
03-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Wheres the "I'd rather watch Man City v Spurs" option?? :greengrin

Erinfly
03-05-2010, 05:11 PM
How do you know that ???

Edited :greengrin

skipster7
03-05-2010, 05:13 PM
its a long summer so yes:wink:

Erinfly
03-05-2010, 05:13 PM

mmm may come under the 4th one :thumbsup:

PISTOL1875
03-05-2010, 05:14 PM

That's the option I am going for ...........

Darth Hibbie
03-05-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm going even manages to persuade a couple of neutral mates to come along and shout on the cabbage.

iwasthere1972
03-05-2010, 05:34 PM
What a massive game on wednesday. Win and we are in europe as cant see motherwell winning at ibrox on sunday. Its Cup final time and the players (for once) need to be right up for it, roll up the sleeves and fight, bite, pull hair, win by any means possible. It wont be pretty especially on that pitiful excuse of a playing surface. Sadly I cant see as it happening as it seems like the majority of the team have completely given up the ghost, dont give a flying ******, or however we see it:boo hoo: Only a tenner to get in though and with what is at stake should the team reastically expect to run out to a completely undeserved good support on wed night? :confused:

Why do we have to have the "silly" options. :confused:

Would have thought

Yes
No
Undecided

would have been better.

Anyway I fall into the undecided. :cool2:

blackpoolhibs
03-05-2010, 05:38 PM
That's the option I am going for ...........

Well done.

PISTOL1875
03-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Well done.

???

Frazerbob
03-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Got home on Saturday and chucked my scarf into the spare room thinking "I'll no be needing that again until next season".

Then yesterday I saw it lying on the floor out of the corner of my eye and I thought "maybe just one more game". Just need to break it to the ball 'n' chain that I'm away to the game and won't get home til about 1.30am!

WHUHibs
03-05-2010, 05:47 PM
After saturday no way!!!!!

Sunday I couldnt even look at the newspapers....and thought no chance!!!

Monday...optimism,,,muted...but thinking maybe!!

So have changed my flight to come back a day early ...landing at Edinburgh at 5pm,,,cost me 50 euros to change ticket!

Now theirs committment.....I hope I see that on the pitch,,,

Come on the cabbage!!!

Sir David Gray
03-05-2010, 05:55 PM
I'll watch it on Sky but I won't be back until next season.

MountcastleHibs
03-05-2010, 06:00 PM
The poll needs another option. I would've been going (through the good and the bad and all that). But have an exam on Friday. Some things, although not much ha, are more important than football. My future career prospects being one of them. Same reason for my non-attendance at Tannadice on Sunday. Exam Monday.

seanraff07
03-05-2010, 06:17 PM
I'm going.:agree:

hibs0666
03-05-2010, 06:24 PM
I'll be there, despite it all.

Albanian Hibs
03-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Option 5: I live in Alaska and won't be able to watch it as I will be on my husband's bus driving to a wee *****y place called Tok, and won't know the score until I am home

:greengrin

WeAreHibs
03-05-2010, 06:32 PM
me and 7Hero will be there:thumbsup:

Leith Green
03-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Saturday really knocked the last of the stuffing out of me, if we were at home i'd be there as ever but have to say I'm delighted we got the 2 away games last, it's a bonus that at least one is live on the telly.. I have hated going to the games since they knocked down the East, too wierd at times..

lyonhibs
03-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Not on yer *****in nellie after the Derby. Merely the culmination of a period of intense frustration and disappointment with Hibs, not so much with the results per se, but in the manner in which the team have gone about chucking results away and/or playing with such a lack of pride/commitment as to get horsed by 3+ goals by 2 bottom 6 sides.

It's a shame, because I know that - in theory - the team needs the biggest away support possible, but do I think they a) deserve it or b) would even react positively to it and use it to drive themselves on to actually performing for 90 minutes???

Sadly, no.

Penrith Hibee
03-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Me and mini me are going to cheer the team on.....

TheMentalHibees
03-05-2010, 07:06 PM
I'll be going. Did somebody not mention making it a fancy dress game? Although I highly doubt anybody will be in the mood for that after Saturday.

jordanhibs1
03-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Ill be there with 3 of my mates. :agree:

houston1875
03-05-2010, 07:49 PM
im heading there,no told the wife yet tho

:Ummm:

hibeedonald
03-05-2010, 08:11 PM
I'll be going. Did somebody not mention making it a fancy dress game? Although I highly doubt anybody will be in the mood for that after Saturday.

yeah me but theres no incentive for it just now, maybe at united if wednesday goes well

NAE NOOKIE
03-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Thinking about it. But then again, could hold out for Tannadice on Sunday in the hope that we will get a result on Wednesday.

Thinking I will hope against hope that we go to Tannadice with something to play for and if so I will be there.

For the season is over camp. ... Ask a Killie or Falkirk fan if the would prefer to be in our shoes or their shoes.

Its all about perspective. If we had been toiling all season and had suddenly put together a run which got us to within European qualification we would all be getting worried about missing out on a seat at Fir Park coz of the size of support we might take.

This is a game with a lot riding on it, surely that is what we moan about with the SPL too many games with nothing at stake. No matter how tom kite Hibs have been over the last weeks surely we can be up for it for this and Tannadice ?

iwasthere1972
04-05-2010, 12:27 PM
Thinking about it. But then again, could hold out for Tannadice on Sunday in the hope that we will get a result on Wednesday.

Thinking I will hope against hope that we go to Tannadice with something to play for and if so I will be there.

For the season is over camp. ... Ask a Killie or Falkirk fan if the would prefer to be in our shoes or their shoes.

Its all about perspective. If we had been toiling all season and had suddenly put together a run which got us to within European qualification we would all be getting worried about missing out on a seat at Fir Park coz of the size of support we might take.

This is a game with a lot riding on it, surely that is what we moan about with the SPL too many games with nothing at stake. No matter how tom kite Hibs have been over the last weeks surely we can be up for it for this and Tannadice ?

:top marks Whatever happened to "We'll support you ever more"?

Two cup finals on the way. We should all be up for that.

Allant1981
04-05-2010, 12:31 PM
im going, cant make sunday's game so will be my last game of the season

GGTTH

iwasthere1972
04-05-2010, 12:33 PM
im going, cant make sunday's game so will be my last game of the season

GGTTH

Is that you Colin? :greengrin

patlowe
04-05-2010, 12:40 PM

I really wish I could share your enthusiasm but things have been SO dire for the past few months that I find it difficult to even care if we qualify or not. I know that's likely to change by the time the game comes round, but right now, apathy rules. Of course Killie and Falkirk would rather be in our position but that doesn't change the fact that we have been unable to halt a four month nosedive in form (form that was never that convincing in the first place!). I'd rather be in Dundee Utd's position.

Lmc2105
04-05-2010, 12:48 PM
I shall be there :thumbsup:

Still seats left on the bus guys
pm me if interested

Keith_M
04-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Two cup finals on the way. We should all be up for that.

You've been reading too many interviews from Yogi.

:wink:

Anyway, Hibs, Cup Finals...

:hmmm:

iwasthere1972
04-05-2010, 12:54 PM
You've been reading too many interviews from Yogi.

:wink:

Anyway, Hibs, Cup Finals...

:hmmm:

1972. :agree:

iwasthere1972
04-05-2010, 12:57 PM
I shall be there :thumbsup:

Still seats left on the bus guys
pm me if interested

Whereabouts in town do you pick-up and what time?

If I can get away from work a wee bit early tomorrow then I'm interested,

Just about to get kicked out the work computer :grr: so will read your response when I get home and pm you if going. That's if there's a seat left.

:notworthy: :notworthy:

CMac1988
04-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Friday - Renewed my season ticket, and couldn't wait for tommorows game

Saturday (morning) - Had a good sleep and a wee nosey on Hibs.net too see what the crack is. Got the missus wee one up for his first Hibs game (He was @ the Hearts v Motherwell game the week before with his dad... Cheered on Motherwell :thumbsup:).

Saturday (afternoon) - Was so pumped for the game couldn't wait! Was like my 1st holdiay going to Disney World, caouldn't believe I was so excited after the last few months of dross... However I was optimistic with our game's against the OF and thought this would be the turning point.

Saturday Evening - Was so ******* ****** off, I ******* couldn't ****** believe that pile of ***** was the ********** team I followed. After a good 1st half aswell :grr:. Couldn't believe I renewed my season ticket, but worst of all, the wee yin will forever remember his 1st Hibs game as a lose against his **** head dads side.

Sunday - Decided **** Hibs, I'm not going to the Motherwell game, £10 or not.

Monday - Thinking about going again, still not over our lose though.

Tuesday - After thinking a wee bit about it and seeing sense again I've decided I'm there. Many have posted simple facts such as 'how often do we get too see our team with a chance of getting into europe' (or something like that).

Ofcourse there was tons and tons of moaning and raging in-between, but I Suppose thats the Ups and Downs of being a Hibs supporter :greengrin.

Lmc2105
04-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Whereabouts in town do you pick-up and what time?

If I can get away from work a wee bit early tomorrow then I'm interested,

Just about to get kicked out the work computer :grr: so will read your response when I get home and pm you if going. That's if there's a seat left.

:notworthy: :notworthy:

you have a pm mate :thumbsup:

khib70
04-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Not on yer *****in nellie after the Derby. Merely the culmination of a period of intense frustration and disappointment with Hibs, not so much with the results per se, but in the manner in which the team have gone about chucking results away and/or playing with such a lack of pride/commitment as to get horsed by 3+ goals by 2 bottom 6 sides.

It's a shame, because I know that - in theory - the team needs the biggest away support possible, but do I think they a) deserve it or b) would even react positively to it and use it to drive themselves on to actually performing for 90 minutes???

Sadly, no.
Have to agree with you on all points here. Basically a win means being embarrasingly horsed by a Bulgarian pub team in the middle of July, so after all I've put up with this season, I'm not trekking over there on a Wednesday night. And the Man City Spurs game is a biggie......

Allant1981
04-05-2010, 02:44 PM
Have to agree with you on all points here. Basically a win means being embarrasingly horsed by a Bulgarian pub team in the middle of July, so after all I've put up with this season, I'm not trekking over there on a Wednesday night. And the Man City Spurs game is a biggie......

so im guessing if we get into europe and get a decent side at ER you wont be going?

khib70
04-05-2010, 02:48 PM
so im guessing if we get into europe and get a decent side at ER you wont be going?
Oh I'll be going. To ER, probably not Bulgaria. But I would be more motivated to nip off to Swamp Park on a Wednesday night if we'd managed more than two wins against the worst two teams in the league in the last 18 games. With the start we had we should be solid in third place now, not scrabbling for the Europa qualifiers.

I don't like, or enjoy the current state of Hibs, but it's all we've got just now.

California-Hibs
04-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Me + 4 are going.

hibbymark
04-05-2010, 04:25 PM
Going. Habit i suppose.saves pacing up and down in the livingroom when the games on and anyway ive just bought a new tele and dont want to put my foot through it if we are lilian gish again! talking of lilian gish he wouldnt hear me booing the bassa if i didnt go:wink:

krobertson12
04-05-2010, 04:39 PM
I had a wee chuckle at the title of this thread as i kept getting the image of Churchill (not the nodding dog 1) in a hibs strip. Im working tomorrow night so wont be able to go, but i do hope that we scrap for every ball and fight for every inch to win the game. i couldnt care if its ugly, i couldnt care if we get a few cards and a few bruises, i want to see pride and commitment to win for the fans and to deserve their bloody wage packet!

Speedway
04-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Song for tomorrow night:

'You're going home with three points in the bag'

or

'What was it like to see Hibs lift the Scottish Cup Paw Broon?'

Personally, I'm not going back until I return.

iwasthere1972
04-05-2010, 05:01 PM
you have a pm mate :thumbsup:

So do you.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:notworthy:

Owain_1987
04-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Seeing as am moving abroad in the summer I will defiantly be there hopefully we can get the win :greengrin:greengrin

iwasthere1972
04-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Song for tomorrow night:

'You're going home with three points in the bag'

or

'What was it like to see Hibs lift the Scottish Cup Paw Broon?'

Personally, I'm not going back until I return.

Song for tomorrow

:singing: Where the phook is all the grass
Where the phook is all the grass :singing:

ronaldo7
04-05-2010, 05:12 PM
The season started for me in Selkirk and our 0-7 win. We then moved onto Norn Ireland, and then to the South and Dublin.

Great Pre season under the belt. Let the real stuff begin.

Charging up the league and taking them all on, we found ourselves playing well, and with a wee bit luck on our side, in third place at the turn of the year.

Implosion:grr::grr::grr:

Down the slippery slope to 5th:greengrin

I'll be there tomorrow, shouting on my team for a place in Europe:notworthy:

GGTTH

we are hibs
04-05-2010, 05:14 PM
ill be there

Lmc2105
04-05-2010, 05:19 PM
So do you.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:notworthy:

Our Star Guest!!!:cool2:

iwasthere1972
04-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Our Star Guest!!!:cool2:

:hilarious

Tully
04-05-2010, 06:05 PM
i'll be there

Toaods
04-05-2010, 08:45 PM
not only am I now going, BET365 are paying me in(placed after half time when Celtic had 6)...

04/05/2010

Celtic v Rangers (Race To 9 Corners)

Celtic 4/9

Stake: 24.00

To Win: 10.67

took them until 85 to get to 9 though...:greengrin

offshorehibby
04-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Undecided, mate going through and I'm swithering. Tamsons good be a better bet.