PDA

View Full Version : Bevvy.

Antifa Hibs
02-05-2010, 09:56 AM
Why do we do it? Most Saturday and Sunday mornings I wake up 'never drinking that much again' 'thats me off the bevvy' etc etc.

Yesterday I took a ton out on Junction Street. I went straight to the pub, then straight to Easter Road then back to the pub. I woke up this morning with about 8 quid in smash. So i've spent £92 and the only thing I have to show for it is a dodgy belly and a banging headache. This time, i'm defo off the drink :greengrin

Sylar
02-05-2010, 10:12 AM
I've never understood why folk do it either.

I have perfectly great times without drinking whilst out :agree:

Wembley67
02-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Sounds extremely familiar. I cant actually remember the last time I went to the pub and never got pissed...is it the British mentality? (majority)

lyonhibs
02-05-2010, 10:27 AM
The worst thing about a hangover is that you've only got yourself to blame!!!

I've been getting a lot better - i.e. just having a few at a reasonable pace whilst watching a football match with mates, like I'll be doing this afternoon.

Back in the glory days of my early years at Uni, and my ERASMUS year in Lyon, an outside observer might have been well within his/her rights to believe I had a bit of a bevy problem :greengrin

Just little things, like making your 1st and last drink a soft drink can make a difference, but the notion of going to a pub and not having primarily pints is very weird to me.

Hermit Crab
02-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Why do we do it? Most Saturday and Sunday mornings I wake up 'never drinking that much again' 'thats me off the bevvy' etc etc.

Yesterday I took a ton out on Junction Street. I went straight to the pub, then straight to Easter Road then back to the pub. I woke up this morning with about 8 quid in smash. So i've spent £92 and the only thing I have to show for it is a dodgy belly and a banging headache. This time, i'm defo off the drink :greengrin

Sounds like open wallet surgery to me :greengrin or maybe the mrs has dipped your pocket when lying in a drunken slumber:greengrin

Biff Tannen
03-05-2010, 05:17 PM

I know, thats me just finished 3 nights on the bevy....Friday i went for a few but ended up melted, sat i had to go to a 50th...6am finish and last night i went to see Foals in Glasgow, another 6am finish.....no drinkin again!! To old for that cairy on.....there seems to be an avent you have to go to every week so its almost impossible to no drink...goin alon when everyone else is pished is a nightmare....you see how nippy folk are when yer sober, but if yer drunk ye dinnae seem to notice.

Wotherspiniesta
03-05-2010, 06:26 PM
I've never understood why folk do it either.

I have perfectly great times without drinking whilst out :agree:

Boring Bassa :greengrin

.Sean.
03-05-2010, 07:15 PM
I didn't think I would be alone in basically dying today.

Yesterday was my pals 20th birthday so we were well up for a bevvy. Left my house yesterday afternoon and I arrived in the boozer just in time for the Chelsea game and I returned just before 5 this morning.

I'm 90 quid lighter and I have NEVER had a hangover like this. I was absolutely ****ed. Never again.

Still, least I got a ride :devil:

Judas Iscariot
03-05-2010, 07:28 PM
I didn't think I would be alone in basically dying today.

Yesterday was my pals 20th birthday so we were well up for a bevvy. Left my house yesterday afternoon and I arrived in the boozer just in time for the Chelsea game and I returned just before 5 this morning.

I'm 90 quid lighter and I have NEVER had a hangover like this. I was absolutely ****ed. Never again.

Sare arse still aye :cool2:

.Sean.
03-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Sare arse still aye :cool2:
You'd need to ask her :wink:

JE89
03-05-2010, 11:51 PM

Shows are a bit early this year are they no?

seanraff07
04-05-2010, 12:10 AM
I can get away with drinking a fair bit and not being hungover the next day required that i drink pint after pint of water when i'm back home, although i rarely do it it seems to do the trick.

Allant1981
04-05-2010, 09:51 AM
i hardly ever drink but had a race night last week at work, man did i suffer that night, threw up at least 9 times coming home then fell asleep in the bathroom for about 5 hours. The wife said she came to check on me and i had my head down the loo but was out cold. Next day the wee boy was jumping all over me much to my wifes delight.

Woody1985
05-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Every Monday/Tuesday when I'm feeling better from the weekend sessions I tell myself that it's over, I'm not drinking and going to do something constructive with my weekends and money yet when it hits that Friday afternoon the following week I'm ****ed.

It's like the pub has some kind of magnet that just draws me there, if one of my mates asks me to go out I literally cannot say no.

I went out on Saturday afternoon, stayed up for the Mayweather fight, got about 3 hours kip and then went to the boozer again for 11:45 and was out til 23:30ish on Sunday night.

The other week my mates were in a boozer (that I don't have many friends in...) so I stayed in. On their way back the phoned me at 1am and I went out with a litre of vodka to a mates party. We got home at 5pm the following afternoon and had made two other trips to the shops for drink, one of them at 8am :greengrin (and yes, we know that's illegal!).

So this Saturday we've decided to go to Glentress cycling and stay in on Friday. We tried this three weekends ago and we still went out. I don't think we'll make that mistake again!

Hibs90
05-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Don't mind staying in Friday/Sunday but just can't not go out on a Saturday for some reason.

CB_NO3
05-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Am also staying off the drink for a while. I was reaking on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and I have spent around £200 with nothing to show for it. My only problem is, what else is there to do on a Saturday night?. I cant just sit in the house whatching X Factor on Saturday night TV, that would really depress me. I think I need a hobby. Anyone got ideas what to do that does not involve Football and Booze.

.Sean.
05-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Every Monday/Tuesday when I'm feeling better from the weekend sessions I tell myself that it's over, I'm not drinking and going to do something constructive with my weekends and money yet when it hits that Friday afternoon the following week I'm ****ed.

It's like the pub has some kind of magnet that just draws me there, if one of my mates asks me to go out I literally cannot say no.

I went out on Saturday afternoon, stayed up for the Mayweather fight, got about 3 hours kip and then went to the boozer again for 11:45 and was out til 23:30ish on Sunday night.

The other week my mates were in a boozer (that I don't have many friends in...) so I stayed in. On their way back the phoned me at 1am and I went out with a litre of vodka to a mates party. We got home at 5pm the following afternoon and had made two other trips to the shops for drink, one of them at 8am :greengrin (and yes, we know that's illegal!).

So this Saturday we've decided to go to Glentress cycling and stay in on Friday. We tried this three weekends ago and we still went out. I don't think we'll make that mistake again!
Your weekend sounds like mine- Too much bevvy, football, fast food, birds and not nearly enough sleep?

Bloody awesome eh! :greengrin

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Am also staying off the drink for a while. I was reaking on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and I have spent around £200 with nothing to show for it. My only problem is, what else is there to do on a Saturday night?. I cant just sit in the house whatching X Factor on Saturday night TV, that would really depress me. I think I need a hobby. Anyone got ideas what to do that does not involve Football and Booze.
Birds?

And no, not the type with wings and feathers... :cool2:

Chuckie
05-05-2010, 05:03 PM

It's a familiar pattern and routine, one which invariably ends in self loathing, which causes one to drink more and repeat til death.

Look at guys in their 30's and 40's who look like they are in their 60's, with bloated bellies and burst blood vessels in their nose. Ask yourself if that's what you want to become.

There are a thousand things more satisfying and wholesome you can do of an evening, and if you can't think of at least one, then maybe you should have a think about where your life is going.

Just advice, not having a pop at you brother.

x

.Sean.
05-05-2010, 05:18 PM
It's a familiar pattern and routine, one which invariably ends in self loathing, which causes one to drink more and repeat til death.

Look at guys in their 30's and 40's who look like they are in their 60's, with bloated bellies and burst blood vessels in their nose. Ask yourself if that's what you want to become.

There are a thousand things more satisfying and wholesome you can do of an evening, and if you can't think of at least one, then maybe you should have a think about where your life is going.

x
You're trying to say there are other, equally as fun, activities to do at the weekend that don't involve women and the bevvy?! :bitchy:

Examples required please! :greengrin

Chuckie
05-05-2010, 05:25 PM
You're trying to say there are other, equally as fun, activities to do at the weekend that don't involve women and the bevvy?! :bitchy:

Examples required please! :greengrin

YouTube - Capoeira Fight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMX9KKzG4-0&feature=related)

Killiehibbie
05-05-2010, 07:54 PM

Sounds like my typical weekend of many years ago, except didn't get home that early on a Sunday. Something must change or you end up in a box or wishing you were in one. Good at the time but knocks ***k out of you eventually.

LancashireHibby
05-05-2010, 09:33 PM

Could say much the same of Hibernian FC! :boo hoo:

Hainan Hibs
05-05-2010, 10:07 PM
I was thinking of getting on a high horse and spouting about how I don't drink these days.

And then Hibs played Motherwell.

I'll be picking up a 24 pack tomorrow.

Woody1985
06-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Your weekend sounds like mine- Too much bevvy, football, fast food, birds and not nearly enough sleep?

Bloody awesome eh! :greengrin

That's the problem, I love it!

When I'm too ****ed for work on a Monday or my muscles are killing me through lack of sleep and next to nothing to eat for two days, an inability to play football cos I'm blowing out my arse, slowly getting fatter, worse hangovers as each weekend ticks by, the odd bit of bother, making an arse of yourself, being skint and borrowing to go out each weekend (monthly pay = ****), falling out with the burd 'cos you'd rather go out getting pissed with your mates than spend time with me', I really do wonder why the **** I do it, but as I say, I love it. :greengrin

I have tried to stay in but it's not really possible, especially when I'm on my own.

I was in the house with the GF a few Friday's ago and my mates were phoning me to go out. She then got pissed off and said she wanted to leave because she knew I'd rather go out than stay in with her (she's right!) and then I had to pretend that I didn't and I wanted to spend time with her and stayed in and watch BGT. Gutted. :LOL:

Like others, I really do not know of any other alternatives to going out to the boozer on a weekend. I've tried the pictures but that gets gash after going twice (despite really liking films). My only real interests are drinking, football and burds so...

I've tried go-karting/gigs/gym but they just turns into a big sesh immediately after. I played Saturday amatuer for a couple of years and that didn't stop me going out on a Friday.

What do non drinkers do at the weekend and what the hell do they do on the continent where drink isn't so prevalent?

Wembley67
06-05-2010, 11:39 AM

When I'm too ****ed for work on a Monday or my muscles are killing me through lack of sleep and next to nothing to eat for two days, an inability to play football cos I'm blowing out my arse, slowly getting fatter, worse hangovers as each weekend ticks by, the odd bit of bother, making an arse of yourself, being skint and borrowing to go out each weekend (monthly pay = ****), falling out with the burd 'cos you'd rather go out getting pissed with your mates than spend time with me', I really do wonder why the **** I do it, but as I say, I love it. :greengrin

I have tried to stay in but it's not really possible, especially when I'm on my own.

I was in the house with the GF a few Friday's ago and my mates were phoning me to go out. She then got pissed off and said she wanted to leave because she knew I'd rather go out than stay in with her (she's right!) and then I had to pretend that I didn't and I wanted to spend time with her and stayed in and watch BGT. Gutted. :LOL:

Like others, I really do not know of any other alternatives to going out to the boozer on a weekend. I've tried the pictures but that gets gash after going twice (despite really liking films). My only real interests are drinking, football and burds so...

I've tried go-karting/gigs/gym but they just turns into a big sesh immediately after. I played Saturday amatuer for a couple of years and that didn't stop me going out on a Friday.

What do non drinkers do at the weekend and what the hell do they do on the continent where drink isn't so prevalent?

Seem to drink sensibly and dont go out to the boozer purely to get blindingly drunk...Britain is **** :agree:

Woody1985
06-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Seem to drink sensibly and dont go out to the boozer purely to get blindingly drunk...Britain is **** :agree:

What do non drinkers do?

Peevemor
06-05-2010, 12:57 PM
What do non drinkers do?

Wake up in the morning knowing that's the best they're going to feel all day. :greengrin

The Mook
06-05-2010, 01:14 PM
I started calming right down on the bevvy when I bought my own gaff, and put it down to this:

1) being skint due to mortgage etc so cant afford 2/3 big nights oot a week
2) living in your own gaff you dont mind staying in with a few cans/wine on a weekend cos your in your own space etc
3) not living in a shared (usually sh*t hole) where you feel you have to go out cos you dont want to spend time in said sh*t hole and all your mates/flat mates are going out to get hammered.

Thing is once your out of the habit of getting hammered every w.end without fail you dont really miss it as long as you get a good session every now and again. or maybe Im just past it :hmmm:

Godsahibby
06-05-2010, 03:40 PM
I started calming right down on the bevvy when I bought my own gaff, and put it down to this:

1) being skint due to mortgage etc so cant afford 2/3 big nights oot a week
2) living in your own gaff you dont mind staying in with a few cans/wine on a weekend cos your in your own space etc
3) not living in a shared (usually sh*t hole) where you feel you have to go out cos you dont want to spend time in said sh*t hole and all your mates/flat mates are going out to get hammered.

Thing is once your out of the habit of getting hammered every w.end without fail you dont really miss it as long as you get a good session every now and again. or maybe Im just past it :hmmm:

I'm the same as you but possibly gone to far the other way, I hardly to nights out any more but when I do they turn into benders 2 days solid with very little if any sleep in between. All good though!

Sylar
06-05-2010, 04:56 PM
What do non drinkers do?

Go out and don't drink - why is alcohol deemed a necessary pre-cursor to a good night out in this country?

I listened to so many idiots throughout high-school and undergraduate uni come in on a Monday, raving about how "they were so pished at the weekend, that they don't remember what they done" - how is that a "good" weekend?

Each to their own, but folk who drink with the intention of getting blasted are complete tools IMO - nothing wrong with social drinking amongst friends, but this whole "binge" culture is laughable.*

*Not aimed at you Woody.

.Sean.
06-05-2010, 05:25 PM

Sounds familiar...

My typical weekend:

I finish work at half two on a Friday, so I get home, have a shower, get changed and do my hair. I'll be in the Boozer for 6, straight on the bevvy and that's me in the Pub until shutting. I'll usually find somewhere to go after they shut and this will always involve even more drinking and, with a bit of luck, other 'nocturnal' activities :greengrin

I'll wake somewhere on a Saturday, but I always ensure i'm home in plenty time to get ready for the Hibs game. I'll either wake up still steaming or feeling utterly disgraceful and racked with guilt. Assuming Hibs are away, i'll meet up with my mates and get straight on the bevvy. A trip away usually becomes an all-day drinking session and I usually end up home afterwards pretty steaming. I'll have a shower, get changed, do the hair then head straight back out. Saturday is similar to Friday, only a helluva lot messier. I never go home on a Saturday night, there's always somewhere to go at shutting time. These parties are always extremely messy. Awesome :drunk:

So Sunday I return home. Usually around 11. By now i'll probably be starving and shattered. I'll have an hours sleep, a shower, a change of clothes and head to the Pub. I'll usually start on a juice because i'm so hungover, but then it dawns on me that i'm working the following morning, work isn't very enjoyable, but i've money to get pissed so I may aswell start drinking again. That's usually me out until about 12, then I drag my sorry arse home.

Monday, i'm basically dying. I've barely had 15 hours sleep since Thursday, the food i've eaten at the weekend has came from a chippy, the chinky or McDonalds and the majority of my fluid intake was alcohol. Great. That's my body ruined until Wednesday. ''Never again'' is the cry on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Then Thursday comes... ''Ya Dancer, pay day!!! Plans for the weekend then lads?!''

And we start again. And I wouldn't change any of it. I've tried staying in, but it's, to be perfectly honest, boring. Even moreso when you realise that your mates are out getting wasted and firing right into birds.

You're only young once. Enjoy it. PARTYYYYY!!

:party:

Wotherspiniesta
06-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Go out and don't drink - why is alcohol deemed a necessary pre-cursor to a good night out in this country?

I listened to so many idiots throughout high-school and undergraduate uni come in on a Monday, raving about how "they were so pished at the weekend, that they don't remember what they done" - how is that a "good" weekend?

Each to their own, but folk who drink with the intention of getting blasted are complete tools IMO - nothing wrong with social drinking amongst friends, but this whole "binge" culture is laughable.*

*Not aimed at you Woody.

Why do you think that?

I occasionally go out with the intention of getting rat arsed. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, if you've had a stressful week its some peoples idea of letting loose and having a good time. Hardly makes us "tools." :rolleyes:

JE89
06-05-2010, 08:04 PM

*Not aimed at you Woody.

I have never been in a nightclub without alcohol. I actually hate clubs when I feel a wee bit sober never mind no drink at all. I am also a total hypocrit as I hate drunk people and I am usually one of the drunker people.

I usually go out with the intention of getting drunk and if I wake up and remember everything I feel I didn't drink that much but that can be 10+ drinks.

Occasionally I go out with the intention of getting totally rat arsed and won't remember anything. Awful but I am not going to change that. My attitude is that I am young and can get away with it without getting fat, losing my job or getting an earful from my other half. I love being young :greengrin

I realise I quoted you but only the start relates to what you've said just thought I'd give my two cents.

Hainan Hibs
06-05-2010, 09:12 PM
I try to avoid clubs because I don't like the absolute knobends that go ( of course, I'm no talking about the people on here:greengrin)

The places are full of you've been tangoed women and guys who think they are hilarious jumping in front of a camera and screaming "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeey", and then they will all pop 100000000 photo's up on facebook everyone has to see:grr:.

Also the fact I look like I'm having a fit or a heart attack when I dance makes going to nightclubs really stressful:greengrin

The last reason is my old group of mates were complete dicks who wouldn't keep their mouths shut, would cause a whole lot of bother, and then try to get out of it because they would be ****ting themselves. Wasn't worth the hassle.

If I had a group of alright mates, could shake off my dance "fit", and had an attraction to the oompa loompa women, then I'd probably go:greengrin

Biff Tannen
06-05-2010, 09:41 PM

x

Patronising coint:grr: dinnae listen tae him bomber:bitchy:, Neils a BEVY MERCHANT!!!:faf:

Biff Tannen
06-05-2010, 09:46 PM

All i can say is.........:top marks!!!!!! BRILLIANT!! No matter what happens come Friday...clock ticks 5...you are THRIVING!

Teo10
07-05-2010, 10:17 AM
IMO people are too uptight about everything these days. I rarely drink, regularly go to a club sober and have had some of the best nights. I wasn't brought up on this "you have to drink to have fun culture" that alot of my friends have. Yes there is the odd occasion that I do drink, tonight for example is one of my best mates 19th and I have a crap week! due to not drinking so often I am ridiculously lightweight but it means I spend next to no money and enjoy the rare occasion I drink.

Im with The Story So Far... on this one. The worst is when your out and see girls completley out their face not being able to hold themselves up, trying to get with as many guys as possibly is a complete turn off! And how so many guys think once they have had a drink they become the hardest man in the world! Fair that alot of this is due to the places I go out.

Instead of going out drinking I see no problem in just relaxing with friends/family/the girlfriend, having a night in, getting a chinese and watch a couple movies or play a bit of Xbox or go out on a random drive somewhere. Many of my friends think it's boring because they aren't out drinking and getting hammered?! They don't even give it a chance! If they go out and spend £40 on a night out then why not try going bowling or something? You spend atleast half of what you normally would and can actually have fun at the same time....

Woody1985
07-05-2010, 10:31 AM

*Not aimed at you Woody.

I understand that they don't drink but what do they 'do'. Do they still go to pubs? Do they stay in with the family, go to the pictures etc.

I mean activities, unfortunately, I can't think of many activities that I'd like to do at the weekend that can draw enough interest. You can go go-karting but it needs numbers and is generally expensive, all of my mates would rather go to the pub and spend their cash there.

So what do you do if you want to pursue other interests if all your mates are pissheads as well?

I completely understand where you are coming from about binge drinking, I go out to socialise and the drink is a bonus that adds fuel to the fire, I have the best laughs getting drunk with my mates, everyone loosens up and you get a great craic that will never be beaten by 6 guys sitting around in a coffee shop sober.

The drink also makes you talk about the funniest **** that makes you embarrased to go out the house and face your mates the next day but when it hits that Friday you do it all again.

I understand where you're coming from about the Monday morning, trust me, I know, I went with a burd that I wouldn't do sober with someone elses **** and then got myself barred from a bowling club for being excessively loud! They didn't kick me out, they just told the guy who signed me in that I wasn't allowed back!

On Sunday about 7pm I nipped down to my aunts for a lend of cash to stay out and my wee cousin (18) was boxing training out in the garden, I decided it would be a good idea to have a wee sparring session despite knowing that he's had a few fights and won them, a sare gut and a burst lip later means lesson learned on that idea!

But it was still a great weekend and I genuinely can't think of a sober activity that can rival it.

Teo10
07-05-2010, 10:41 AM
I understand that they don't drink but what do they 'do'. Do they still go to pubs? Do they stay in with the family, go to the pictures etc.

I mean activities, unfortunately, I can't think of many activities that I'd like to do at the weekend that can draw enough interest. You can go go-karting but it needs numbers and is generally expensive, all of my mates would rather go to the pub and spend their cash there.

So what do you do if you want to pursue other interests if all your mates are pissheads as well?

I completely understand where you are coming from about binge drinking, I go out to socialise and the drink is a bonus that adds fuel to the fire, I have the best laughs getting drunk with my mates, everyone loosens up and you get a great craic that will never be beaten by 6 guys sitting around in a coffee shop sober.

The drink also makes you talk about the funniest **** that makes you embarrased to go out the house and face your mates the next day but when it hits that Friday you do it all again.

I understand where you're coming from about the Monday morning, trust me, I know, I went with a burd that I wouldn't do sober with someone elses **** and then got myself barred from a bowling club for being excessively loud! They didn't kick me out, they just told the guy who signed me in that I wasn't allowed back!

On Sunday about 7pm I nipped down to my aunts for a lend of cash to stay out and my wee cousin (18) was boxing training out in the garden, I decided it would be a good idea to have a wee sparring session despite knowing that he's had a few fights and won them, a sare gut and a burst lip later means lesson learned on that idea!

But it was still a great weekend and I genuinely can't think of a sober activity that can rival it.

That's the thing though, people can't just sit and relax at the weekends. As I previously said people can easily just get a chinese or whatever then go watch a movie somewhere or go bowling or play Xbox or whatever. I admit there is nothing much to do at the weekends but it does not mean that the things you can do are boring. I am one of these people who likes to make the most of my weekend and free time yet I dont go out and get hammered. I can easily spend my saturday nights in with the girlfriend or my friends just having a laugh and watching a movie or two....

PiemanP
07-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Virtually all of my funniest / best nights have been when i've been out on the bevvy...some of these nights just cant be done sober!

plus id probably still be waiting to get my Jamie Mole for the first time without bevvy :hilarious

Chuckie
07-05-2010, 11:58 AM
Patronising coint:grr: dinnae listen tae him bomber:bitchy:, Neils a BEVY MERCHANT!!!:faf:

Such a bevvy merchant that I've never seen a drink fae you..

Short airms and deep poakits this coint..

:dizzy:

.Sean.
07-05-2010, 03:51 PM

You're lifestyle is scarily similar to mine :hilarious

Some of the things i've done when i've been on the lash is unreal. Some of it goes down as 'legendary' by those who know me, other things are quite simply embarassing.

Some of the best times i've ever had have been when i've been absolutely blitzed off the bevvy by the way :agree:

Anyway, who else's weekend will comprise being pissed tonight, tomorrow evening/night and an all day session on Sunday for the Hibs game?! :greengrin

Hibs90
07-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Reading this thread makes me want to go out :boo hoo:

Woody1985
07-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Reading this thread makes me want to go out :boo hoo:

I'm choking on a pint but I MUST stay in! Going to glentress cycling tomorrow at 9am with a couple of mates (we're going back to play 11s and this is part of our plan!). This will be the 2nd time, the last time we all went out on the Friday before it. :bitchy:

Danderhall Hibs
07-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Anyway, who else's weekend will comprise being pissed tonight, tomorrow evening/night and an all day session on Sunday for the Hibs game?! :greengrin

How have you even got time to post this? Are you not doing your hair? :hilarious

:greengrin

Marabou Stork
07-05-2010, 05:13 PM
How have you even got time to post this? Are you not doing your hair? :hilarious

:hilarious

Woody1985
07-05-2010, 05:43 PM

:tee hee:

Biff Tannen
08-05-2010, 01:18 AM
Such a bevvy merchant that I've never seen a drink fae you..

Short airms and deep poakits this coint..

:dizzy:

Same goes for you ya jaaaake..........stayed in the night and postin on Hibs.net at the back o 2.....sad...shoulda went for a bevy!:wink:

.Sean.
08-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Is it really worth it? I feel like death...

Chuckie
08-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Is it really worth it? I feel like death...

Poor me, poor me, pour me another drink.... :wink:

Did you get any Shareen this week ?

Chuckie
08-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Same goes for you ya jaaaake..........stayed in the night and postin on Hibs.net at the back o 2.....sad...shoulda went for a bevy!:wink:

I stayed in last night myself Biffster, watching Air Crash Investigations then a few episodes of Curb, and in my bed at 11p.m..

They Air Crash Investigations are an hours worth of self harm likes.

Read this and try and not reach for a drink...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kegworth_air_disaster (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kegworth_air_disaster)

The captain shut down the wrong engine cos he couldn't tell which one was on fire, and nobody on the plane, not even the crew thought to tell him, cos they trusted his judgement, but he hadn't had the correct training on the brand new aircraft - Ultimately leading to 47 fatalities.

Anyway I take back my earlier gripe about you not buying the rounds. I vaguely recall 1 night at yours when I drank you out of house and home then ****ed off when the bevvy ran oot.

Joints on taxi floors ?

:dummytit:

IWasThere2016
08-05-2010, 02:23 PM

REAL men don't get hangovers :wink:

Wotherspiniesta
08-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Any of you tools going out to get pished the night? :devil:

Hibs90
08-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Any of you tools going out to get pished the night? :devil:

Actually staying in for once! The weather is braw tae. :grr::boo hoo:

Pretty Boy
08-05-2010, 07:30 PM
I cut down on the bevvy about 8 months ago because it was so closely linked to another addiction i was/am dealing with(not drugs). I still enjoy a beer now and then and on special occasions i will still enjoy one too many but my days of losing entire weekends to getting off my face are finished.

There is plenty to do that doesn't involve getting absolutely wasted if your willing to use your imagination. I go out for meals regularly at the weekends now, go to the pictures, go away hill walking for the whole weekend, go mountain biking all weekend, i also do a bit of charity work some weekends.

I don't think it's right to have a go at people that do spend most of their weekend getting wasted as it's so much a part of British culture it's pretty much the norm. However i find that whilst i thought i was having the time of my life when i was doing it since i've stopped and after the first couple of weekends i really don't miss it at all. The nights when i do go out and have a few are much more enjoyable now because it's less of a ritual and more of an event. I can happily content myself staying in at the weekend and have found that since stopping binge drinking every weekend and finding new interests i have actually met considerably more women, most of whom are more interesting and more of a laugh than the amber traffic lights that frequent clubs in town.

CB_NO3
08-05-2010, 10:05 PM

x

Cheers for the advice dude. I stayed in tonight hence this post, I ended up watching some rubbish on ITV tonight auditioning for a part in a West End Show. It was dire to say the least. Man I could do with a pint.

Pete
08-05-2010, 11:28 PM
It's quite funny reading all these accounts of mad weekends from the younger guys. I'm thinking that at 34 I'd toil big time but it was only 15 years ago I was doing the same thing...along with most other people.

It's mainly about socialising with mates at that age and the pub/drink is intertwined.

However, The older you get the less opportunity you will have for nights out...and it's so important to try and separate the alcohol aspect from the actual good times you had. In the future you might associate alcohol with good times and drink to try and get the "good times" back.

Sorry for sounding like an old fart but alcohol is damn dangerous. There are certain things you need to look out for that little bit later in life....little indicators that something is wrong like finding yourself regularly going to pubs on your own.

There's nothing wrong with mad weekends when you're young....as long as you change your outlook and realise that these days are over when your older and have responsibilities.

Woody1985
09-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Here's a little update on my weekend and how I managed. I stayed in on Friday night, played around on the net & watched Sons of Anarchy.

Saturday morning, got up and went to Glentress, left here at 09:00. When I got there I couldn't be arsed and wished I'd just stayed in my bed.

I did one run down, I did a big jump (about 5/6ft) and went over the edge of one of the steep drops down the side of one of the trails, over the handle bars, just missed a massive tree stump and came to rest against another tree with my legs tangled in the bike with it on top of me and lots of jaggy bushes. I don't think I've ever flapped it so much in my life (I never had a helmet on either).

Anyway, I continued with the run and then when we got to the bottom and returned to the top car park I just wasn't in the mood for cycling so I came home for around 12:30pm although I felt really fresh and in a good mood.

I text my mate on the way home, he was in the boozer and asked me to come along but I refused! I met him around 3pm and we got a carry oot and sat in his back garden with a few cans when the sun was out. I was home by half 10 last night and had just completely lost interest in drinking/

I don't know if that was because it ended up with just 3 or us and we were in a house and not out but the point is, I managed to drink far less than I would any other weekend and I felt great on Saturday. I might give it another try!

Sylar
09-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Why do you think that?

I occasionally go out with the intention of getting rat arsed. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, if you've had a stressful week its some peoples idea of letting loose and having a good time. Hardly makes us "tools." :rolleyes:

Perhaps that's where I differentiate - I agree that it "blows the hair back" every now and then - my point was more in reference to people who do it every week. Sorry for the lack of clarity.

I don't drink at all, but find plenty to do and have a great time doing it. I'm very active, and as a result, I tend to be out and about through the day on the weekends (when time/work permits). I like golfing, so if the weather is decent, I'll try and squeeze a couple of rounds in over the weekend. I also enjoying going hill-walking, surfing, cycling etc through the day - in the evenings (which seems to be the most acceptable period for "getting bevvied aff yer tits"), I don't feel my life is missing anything because I don't drink.

I've never been into the whole "sitting in the pub" thing - I don't mind going and having a couple of drinks, watching the football through the week etc, but sitting drinking for the sake of drinking (again, in relation to severe excess and not just socially) makes no sense to me. Night-clubs tend not to cater for my rather obscure musical tastes and I despise most of the pish which gets played in these places - perhaps if I were drunk, It wouldn't bother me so much, but I don't see it as a worthwhile sacrifice.

I enjoy going out for dinner with my other half, going to the cinema, going to the theatre (cue the cries of "homo!" :greengrin), having BBQ's, cooking for mates, movie nights, xbox nights, spending time with friends/family (who do drink, but if the company/conversation is good enough, drink just isn't necessary (for me anyway)).

I don't feel there's any way that drinking would enrich my social life - I'm better off financially, remember how I spend my weekends, never suffer from these infamous hangovers and don't fall victim to a culture where weekends without alcohol are deemed as wasted. No doubt I'll be branded as dull, boring etc because I chose NOT to drink, but each to their own - I chose not to drink, but I hold no opinions on those who do (unless, as mentioned above, it's consistent binging).

ArabHibee
10-05-2010, 08:09 AM
Sounds familiar...

My typical weekend:

I finish work at half two on a Friday........

..........You're only young once. Enjoy it. PARTYYYYY!!

:party:

:yawn: You're young. You'll learn.

.Sean.
10-05-2010, 05:55 PM
:yawn: You're young. You'll learn.
:yawn:

You were young once, no?