PDA

View Full Version : Im looking to put on a few pounds

HibbyAndy
29-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Awrite people, Im looking to put a few extra pounds on and im going to start using my dumbells aswell to turn my body into muscle.

Ive had a wee deek to find out the best protein foods, carbs, vitamins,etc.

Now here's the thing, I normally get hame from work everyday about 1pm, now should i do an hour using my weights before lunch or after? Im pretty sure your better to do it beforehand..Also what kind of lunches can i have every day and what dinners can i have?.

Pretty sure chicken and rice is good for a dinner and pasta and fruit would be good for lunch.

Any info would be gratefull.

I currently do 150 situps twice a day aswell :greengrin

.Sean.
29-04-2010, 06:29 PM
I'd like to ''beef up'' a wee bit too. I'm not skinny or under-weight, but I wouldn't mind putting on a bit of bulk.

I can honestly eat and eat and eat, but the problem seems to be that i'm some sort of calorie burning machine :confused:

sambajustice
29-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Work out before you scran. Then eat your chicken, rice, fish, (especially tuna), steaks, eggs, all reall high protein stuff!

Dont train the same muscles every day or even every other day.

Choose one or two areas and beast that then leave it for a few days, maybe even a week. The next day work something else then the next day work something else.

In terms of lifting weights to get maximum gains, **** knows, heavy weights and low reps are meant to pack on the muscle. Lighter weights and many reps give muscle definition!

By the way, i'm just skinny radge too thats just started all this caper, i cant get disciplined enough, i do the weights but i also eat too many mars bars, have too much sugar, eat too much crap basically to actually be looking much different!! Meh!

All the above info has come for a couple of mates who are pretty built now after doing the weights!

.Sean.
29-04-2010, 06:48 PM
What size of weights are we talking about?

Killiehibbie
29-04-2010, 06:53 PM
All depends on the guy lifting them.

sambajustice
29-04-2010, 07:04 PM

Well it depends on what you want to work!

Heavy meaning you cant do any more after 5 or 6 reps!

Houchy
29-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Ideally you should be looking to do between 8 and 12 PROPER FORM reps ie controlled, and not jerking to try and lift the curl bar for a bicep curl. Any less than 8, it's too heavy, any more than 12, it's too light (for what you're looking to do). Get some Maximuscle Cyclone too and on days that you're training, drink one at break time (around 11ish), train around 1ish then drink another straight after training (at about £40 for a tub supply it's too expensive to take 2 per day every day).
I done all that for about 2 months and people thought I was on roids:agree:

Oh, and get the Chocolate Cyclone or actually, any one of them other than orange:jamboak:

HibbyAndy
29-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Cheers guys :aok:

So basically do my reps then have lunch.

HibbyAndy
29-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Ideally you should be looking to do between 8 and 12 PROPER FORM reps ie controlled, and not jerking to try and lift the curl bar for a bicep curl. Any less than 8, it's too heavy, any more than 12, it's too light (for what you're looking to do). Get some Maximuscle Cyclone too and on days that you're training, drink one at break time (around 11ish), train around 1ish then drink another straight after training (at about £40 for a tub supply it's too expensive to take 2 per day every day).
I done all that for about 2 months and people thought I was on roids:agree:

Oh, and get the Chocolate Cyclone or actually, any one of them other than orange:jamboak:

How long does this stuff last?..Take its powdered stuff?..Nae point shelling out £40 if it lasts a week :greengrin

Hamilton_Hibs
29-04-2010, 08:10 PM
[QUOTE=HibbyAndy;2444312]How long does this stuff last?..Take its powdered stuff?..Nae point shelling out £40 if it lasts a week :greengrin[/QUOTE

Slightly cheaper version of Maximuscle Cyclone is Hurricane XS from www.myprotein.co.uk. Very reputable company with good quality products. A 2.5kg bag of hurricane xs is approx £31 including delivery. Without knowing too much about it, it contains everything you need to be increasing strength/size (carbs, protein, creatine and oats).

It should last you approx a month (if you are having 1/2 shakes a day). From experience the choc smooth flavour is the most drinkable (although not particularly enjoyable!)

Ed De Gramo
29-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Awrite people, Im looking to put a few extra pounds on and im going to start using my dumbells aswell to turn my body into muscle.

Ive had a wee deek to find out the best protein foods, carbs, vitamins,etc.

Now here's the thing, I normally get hame from work everyday about 1pm, now should i do an hour using my weights before lunch or after? Im pretty sure your better to do it beforehand..Also what kind of lunches can i have every day and what dinners can i have?.

Pretty sure chicken and rice is good for a dinner and pasta and fruit would be good for lunch.

Any info would be gratefull.

I currently do 150 situps twice a day aswell :greengrin

Pizza & Lager......:wink:

HibbyAndy
30-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Pizza & Lager......:wink:

:hilarious :hilarious

Trust you :greengrin

Houchy
07-05-2010, 07:50 AM
How long does this stuff last?..Take its powdered stuff?..Nae point shelling out £40 if it lasts a week :greengrin

Lasts you about a month. I got 2 tubs on ebay for about £50 odd quid (think it was about £57 with a free shaker).

The stuff I got was powdered but you can buy bars aswell to take into work (although the bars may have been promax rather than cyclone). Chocolate orange ones were really nice.

Bars worked out really expensive though:agree:.

J-C
07-05-2010, 03:06 PM
1.5-2g of protein per lb of bodyweight is what you should be looking at, try eating chicken, tuna, and some protein drinks. Eat porridge every morning, around 70-90g(dry weight) and have another 4 small meals the rest of the day, having around 100-150g of protein per meal.

Don't train straight after eating food, give it an hour or so to digest your food, have a protein drink with 150g of simple carbs( banana) straight after training and then a meal around an hour after.

Don't over train and work each bodypart once a week.

I'm a personal trainer mate, so PM me if you need anymore help.

This is me in 2006 Scottish Championships, so I know what I'm talking about.