PDA

View Full Version : The Fall

Frazerbob
26-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Anyone at The Fall gig at Studio 24 on Saturday? I hear it was a bit of a farce.

YehButNoBut
26-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Anyone at The Fall gig at Studio 24 on Saturday? I hear it was a bit of a farce.

Was going to go but did not in the end.

Why was it a farce?

Frazerbob
26-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Was going to go but did not in the end.

Why was it a farce?

MES walked off after 6 songs. The band continued for 2 or 3 more then left.

Chuckie
26-04-2010, 09:51 PM
MES walked off after 6 songs. The band continued for 2 or 3 more then left.

2 songs that they could barely play....
Crowd promised a refund (25jibs)...
Promoter did a bolt...
Nae refund...

Frazerbob
27-04-2010, 06:56 PM
2 songs that they could barely play....
Crowd promised a refund (25jibs)...
Promoter did a bolt...
Nae refund...

They played my venue in Aberdeen on Sunday. Full hour set, band excellent and MES on good form (for him). I was a bit nervous when he walked off stage after 3 songs but thankfully he came back. Everyone seemed delighted with the gig! MES even gave me a bottle of champers because "the sound was the best he's heard in years".

All in all a lot different from what I expected.

Carheenlea
29-04-2010, 10:41 PM
I was at Studio 24 on Sat and was disappointed with a curtailed show, but it must be said that the crowd was very tame, not as raucous as the Ferry crowd in Glasgow, you wonder if this had anything to do with his decision to call it a night early. Elena mumbled something about the stairs to the stage being too steep, so with his bad hip and the likes, may have been a problem (but if the steps are too steep in the venue, why leave stage in first place..??!!)

1. YFOC
2. Strangetown
3. Chino
4. Cowboy George
5. Hot cake
6. Bury (MES departs)
7. Band starts Mexico Wax Solvent, no sign of MES returning, so they depart after an instrumental version
8. I've been duped (Band departs)
9. A dire Mr Pharmacist with Safi standing in (the VJ guy pre gig?)

To be honest, as disappointing as it was to experience a curtailed gig, I have actually been to worse Fall gigs (one in particular where MES was that drunk he fell into the drum kit.. and one in the Edinburgh Venue where they came on at midnight..) and what we did get, except the farcical Mr Pharmacist, was pretty good.

Heard Aberdeen was excellent, and that`s the risk you take when buying Fall tickets, you have no idea what your going to get . Roll on the next one..!