PDA

View Full Version : So

SalfordHibs
26-04-2010, 10:12 AM
If Hibs dont win another game from the split does Hughes get his P45?

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-04-2010, 10:15 AM
There have been managers before him that have went for more or less the same but I have a sneaky feeling Yogi and the tache are the best of pals. I want Hughes out and get someone in with no previous connections with Hibernain but think he is here for at least another season

Long suffering
26-04-2010, 10:17 AM
no, while things are obviously worrying, tactically esecilly. I think yo have to give him the summer window and say 10 games next season. If we dont get what every an can see we need in a right back, a ig midfielder (giles coke comesto mind) and a replacement for Bamba then i will really worry.

SalfordHibs
26-04-2010, 10:18 AM
There have been managers before him that have went for more or less the same but I have a sneaky feeling Yogi and the tache are the best of pals. I want Hughes out and get someone in with no previous connections with Hibernain but think he is here for at least another season

Surely when ST dont get re-newed and fans stop going the board need to take action, This is all down to one person and i cant see us getting on any further with Hughes in charge.

bobbyhibs1983
26-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Surely when ST dont get re-newed and fans stop going the board need to take action, This is all down to one person and i cant see us getting on any further with Hughes in charge.

imo st's will be in and around the same number for this season for next season.

I tihnk yogi has to be given til maybe december, if things dont inprove then he can go,imo

Craig_in_Prague
26-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Remember though, we have an Innovative thinker of the game in charge of the team....

:Ummm:

ahibby
26-04-2010, 11:16 AM
I think season ticket sales will be down unless the payment plan appeals to non season ticket holders. Walk up supporters will probably increase for certain games and if things are looking up they might convert to half season tickets. I've said before that we have accrued 5 points after the split during the last two seasons. Last year we drew at home to both sides of the OF and picked up two points and this season having played both we haven't any points. I wouldn't be surprised if Yogis team pick up six points by winning two of the final three games and surpass the last two seasons. However, if the unthinkable happens and we don't get any points after the split, then in my view we should have a change in management but probably wouldn't as he would likely be given the first couple of months to show a turn around.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-04-2010, 11:24 AM
He has already stamped his ticket for next season by achieving top six. If he has done all that the board asked him to, there are no grounds to ask him to leave. If we had achieved the same position through win and draw and lose rather than win, win, win then lose, lose, lose we would all be fairly happy I think. I would have taken where we are now, at the start of the season. But where we are now, after where we have been is almost unacceptable. McLeish had us in the same situation, and he could not turn it around but the Cup Final and AEK Athens kept him onside. I think that if RFC had not come calling for him, he could have been shown the door. I still think we will get european football though. We are capable of taking something from both Hearts and ' Well. United will have their sights set on the Cup Final, so it could be a fringe team that they put out against us.

OstKurve Hibs
26-04-2010, 11:26 AM
What pi$$ed me off aswell was the exuse that "we already have improved on last seasons points total". So as long as that happens we jus stop playin cos we av bettered it. *****in joke! :grr:
After building a points good points total n lookin solid in 3rd, all the hard work was jus wasted! Fair enough we did get a bit luck and won we prob barely deserved a draw and were outplayed ( thats how the old firm win things!) But As far as i'm concerned the season is a failure, blown such a gid start so tamely with no fight or passion from the majority of the team!

Speedway
26-04-2010, 12:19 PM

He's had long enough to build a squad right enough and he's not recorded big wins this year right enough and we like to dole out compo year after year right enough. :yawn:

I can.

What pi$$ed me off aswell was the exuse that "we already have improved on last seasons points total". So as long as that happens we jus stop playin cos we av bettered it. *****in joke! :grr:
After building a points good points total n lookin solid in 3rd, all the hard work was jus wasted! Fair enough we did get a bit luck and won we prob barely deserved a draw and were outplayed ( thats how the old firm win things!) But As far as i'm concerned the season is a failure, blown such a gid start so tamely with no fight or passion from the majority of the team!

Nope we hit our peak in the early part of the season and delivered reality in the 2nd. The arabs did it the other way around.

Shaggy
26-04-2010, 12:29 PM
:yawn:.................. no

cabbage07
27-04-2010, 07:49 AM
He's had long enough to build a squad right enough and he's not recorded big wins this year right enough and we like to dole out compo year after year right enough. :yawn:

I can.

Nope we hit our peak in the early part of the season and delivered reality in the 2nd. The arabs did it the other way around.

I CAN

Please enlighting me what you can see in 2 wins in 15 against the bottom two clubs ,that yogi is the man Speedway?
A man that knew we needed a CH ,RB in jan and got neither.
A man with no tactical awareness .
You come on here with your boring :yawn: responds to anyone who says anything against yogi.

Auckland Hibs
27-04-2010, 08:11 AM

Maybe :devil:

dangermouse
27-04-2010, 08:17 AM
I CAN

Please enlighting me what you can see in 2 wins in 15 against the bottom two clubs ,that yogi is the man Speedway?
You come on here with your boring :yawn: responds to anyone who says anything against yogi.

OK we all know we need a right back but what if the only players available were no better than what we already had. Would you be happy if Yogi had gone out and brought one in not really improving the squad? I wouldn't.

As for a centre half, I think Bamba's replacement is already on our books.

Beefster
27-04-2010, 08:33 AM

So reality under Hughes is 2 wins, 3 draws and 10 losses in 15 games? A win ratio of 13%?

Dundee Utd are 12 points ahead of us, already secured their European place and about to play in a Scottish Cup Final against a lower league team. There's no comparison in our season to their's.

offshorehibby
27-04-2010, 09:03 AM
So reality under Hughes is 2 wins, 3 draws and 10 losses in 15 games? A win ratio of 13%?

Dundee Utd are 12 points ahead of us, already secured their European place and about to play in a Scottish Cup Final against a lower league team. There's no comparison in our season to their's.

And since when has the league been decided over 15 games.

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2010, 09:07 AM
I'd give him another contract, one for a further 5 years. Just to annoy the **** out of some folk on here.

hibbymac
27-04-2010, 09:08 AM

:agree: ... 14 wins, 8 draws, 13 losses, 35 games, .. loss rate 37.15% :dunno:

basehibby
27-04-2010, 09:14 AM

I don't understand why people put this up as if it's some sort of qualification.
I don't think that Hughes' Hibs background had an awful lot of bearing on him getting the job and neither does it have any significant influence on his ability to carry out his duties - so why should someone's NON-Hibs background be such a brilliant qualification??? NOT having played for Hibs at any time in the past does NOT somehow allow someone to spot a player or take a coaching session any better after all - so what's the big deal with the manager having to be non-Hibs :confused::dunno:

PS - in reply to the OP - if Hibs don't win again before the end of the season it certainly won't help keep Yogi's job secure. How much of a bearing that would have would depend on the the actual results and performances and where that leaves the team though.
EG - if we played well and drew our last three games and finished 4th and in Europe then it would be crazy to do anything other than persevere with Hughes.
- if on the other hand we got comprehensively gubbed in every remaining match including an embarassing horsing at home to the the Yams - well in that case there would be an argument for removing the present incumbent.

cabbage07
27-04-2010, 09:18 AM
OK we all know we need a right back but what if the only players available were no better than what we already had. Would you be happy if Yogi had gone out and brought one in not really improving the squad? I wouldn't.

As for a centre half, I think Bamba's replacement is already on our books.

I doubt very much there wasnt a Rb available who wasnt better than we had considering the only Rb we had was injured ,who trying to convince me or yourself ?
Tell you what but we certainly didnt need another Gk or a forward.

basehibby
27-04-2010, 09:39 AM
I doubt very much there wasnt a Rb available who wasnt better than we had considering the only Rb we had was injured ,who trying to convince me or yourself ?

Hughes had only just removed DVZ in the summer - a move agreed with by the vast majority of Hibs fans who reckoned that DVZ was not good enough for Hibs and therefore a waste of a wage who was only holding up the development of the youngsters at the club.
So - what you are saying is that we should have held onto DVZ maybe??? Or would any mediocre player have sufficed???

PS - I would have rather seen a quality RB or Centre back arrive in Jan as well. But can you spot the crucial word in that sentence??? QUALITY - Hughes I'm sure would have snapped up a QUALITY RB or CH if they had become available in Jan at the right price. But it would appear that none did (if you know differently then please enlighten us).
What DID come up was the opportunity to sign two quality goalies and wipe out what had been a massive weakness in the side at a stroke. Right now, with two GKs out for the rest of the season I don't think that was such a terrible idea.
Re the loan signing of Gow - I can't help thinking that was an opportunist move made after it was clear other targets were not going to materialise. I agree that I'd have rather seen defensive areas reinforced, but I wasn't aware of any suitable player's availability at the time.

darwenhibby
27-04-2010, 09:50 AM
IMO if yogi can address the right back situation, ie competition for a fit Kevin McCann. The Centre Back position is not a major issue with the emergence of Paul Hanlon and probably Thicot alongside. Ian Murray can slot in there with injuries to the pair as could Hogg and possibly Darren McCormick.

Booth at left back should get the preseason friendlies to see if he is ready for regular first team action. Which would also allow us to perhaps utilise Murray in the midfield in games such as St Johnstone Hamilton were we seem to lose the battle. Spoony on the right Galbraith, Deeks poss Gow on the left. Choice of centre mids in McB Miller Rankin.

If Deeks can move forward with Stokes. Nish, Benji, Byrne on the bench may give Hughes a Plan B & C which he seems to lack at the moment and options to change tactics for different games which we don't have and hence the mid/ end of this season slump because we have become so predictable.

Andy74
27-04-2010, 09:56 AM

If there was anything available worth going for then we would have had.

Building a quality squad takes time and I'd rather we got the right people in for the long term.

Over the longer term yes we did need another keeper and we now have 3 keepers of good quality, 2 of which would not have been available had we waited. It's about planning.

If we don't get a right back in the summer I'd be amazed and I am certain we will get one.

But we need better players all over the park, and we will hopefully get them but it won't ever be finished so to say our sqaud should have been complete in two windows is daft really.

Beefster
27-04-2010, 10:00 AM

Who said it was? I was challenging the notion that the second half of the season has been 'reality' and that Dundee Utd's season is like ours in reverse.

HFC 0-7
27-04-2010, 10:00 AM
The problem with Hughes is his lack of ability to halt or slow a large slide in form. In the first 17 games of the season, Hibs were 3rd and took 32 points from those 17 games. In the next 18 games Hibs have only taken 18 points which is only better than kilmarnock and Falkirk how took 15 and 16 points.

Dundee Utd took 28 points from the first 17 games and 34 from the last 18, Motherwell 20 and 31, Hearts 20 and 24.

In fact Hibs are the only team that have taken less points from the last 18 games from the first 17, and its not just a few its 14 points less!

these stats show that there are big problems with hughes and the team. A small drop off in form and points taken could be put down to a weak squad of players, the drop off in form and points taken that Hibs have just taken, IMO shows a weakness in the managers ability in player choice but most importantly tactics!

If a manager cant get the performances turned around in 18 games what is a closed season going to for him? There is scope to get new players in, but these are the same players that managed a good first 17 games so whats changed?

HFC 0-7
27-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Who said it was? I was challenging the notion that the second half of the season has been 'reality' and that Dundee Utd's season is like ours in reverse.

Dundee Utds season hasnt been like ours in reverse at all. They are basically in the same form in the first 17 games of the season as the last 18 games. All teams have either stayed the same or improved in terms of points taken. Hibs are the only team that have taken less points.

Darth Hibbie
27-04-2010, 10:11 AM

Think I will worry about it if it happens not 3 weeks before it does.

Speedway
27-04-2010, 10:58 AM
I CAN

Against the boring anti Yogi comments from those legions who don't have a clue what they're talking about. So I'll challenge you on your points.

1. A man that knew we needed a CH and RB and got neither.

Ok, how do you know he knew we needed them and why didn't we get them?

2. A man with no tactical awareness.

How do you know he has no tactical awareness? How do you know what he knows? Every manager since McLeish has been levied with the same accusation on here and go for a quick tour around any club messageboard who isn't on a good run and read about how their manager is also tactically clueless. So all we have, is tactically clueless managers in the UK, if we're not winning.

Answers please.

Expecting Rain
27-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Yogi predicted a season of ups and downs, his performance as a manager follows along the same lines.
Season ticket sales will be influenced by who remains and which type of players arrive at the club, if Yogi can still bring in players of the calibre of Stokes and Miller this will be seen as a sign of ambition, as regards moving players on, that might be the hardest part.

Woody1985
27-04-2010, 11:45 AM
What's the internet equivalent of a P45? Maybe we could do with a few of those being dished out.

matty_f
27-04-2010, 12:52 PM
If there was anything available worth going for then we would have had.

Building a quality squad takes time and I'd rather we got the right people in for the long term.

Over the longer term yes we did need another keeper and we now have 3 keepers of good quality, 2 of which would not have been available had we waited. It's about planning.

If we don't get a right back in the summer I'd be amazed and I am certain we will get one.

But we need better players all over the park, and we will hopefully get them but it won't ever be finished so to say our sqaud should have been complete in two windows is daft really.

:agree:

The problems with the quality in the squad were evident for some time, expecting Yogi to finish the season winning against the 5 other best teams, with the same players, is unrealistic.

I don't expect any real improvement this season. I hope we've enough about us to pick up a couple of wins, but it's hope more than expectation.

That said, I think we'll see some movement in and out of the club and things will have to be better next season.

It absolutely has to be Yogi in charge next year though. Emptying a manager who can still achieve 4th place after one season is idiotic.

Cropley10
27-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Ask the question another way. What if we get beaten in the next 3 games?

Answer: well we've picked 3 more points than last season of course.

Yogi needs another 3 or 4 more years to get things right. Remember he's an innovative thinker.

My worry is that Yogis record at Falkirk without Latapy ain't very good. Add to this that his Captain, Barr, preferred to go elsewhere and you begin to wonder.

I'd love to be proved wrong but he's a tactical mouse and a poor man-manager.

HFC 0-7
27-04-2010, 01:23 PM
:agree:

The problems with the quality in the squad were evident for some time, expecting Yogi to finish the season winning against the 5 other best teams, with the same players, is unrealistic.

I don't expect any real improvement this season. I hope we've enough about us to pick up a couple of wins, but it's hope more than expectation.

That said, I think we'll see some movement in and out of the club and things will have to be better next season.

It absolutely has to be Yogi in charge next year though. Emptying a manager who can still achieve 4th place after one season is idiotic.

I dont think its the league position that is worrying people, its the way that the team has collapsed and the fact there is no change. The team since January has been underperforming all over the park from team performances to individual performances, these are all the things that Yogi should be managing.

Managers get the bullet for underperforming teams, yes we need better players but that still doesnt hide the fact that the team is underperforming and that tactics are suspect. If it was just down to the players we have how could we do so well at the start of the season with the same players?

I think Yogi is at a loss at what to do, I also think there a good few players not happy for one reason or another. Yogi perhaps wants to play in a certain style, which is fair enough, but if you dont have the players for that style then you have to adapt, something that Yogi seems to be refusing to do.

From what I have seen on the pitch, organisation seems to be missing, player passing to no one, players losing the ball and immediately looking for someone else to blame rather than getting the bal back. These are things that needs to be instilled by a manager.

matty_f
27-04-2010, 01:56 PM
I dont think its the league position that is worrying people, its the way that the team has collapsed and the fact there is no change. The team since January has been underperforming all over the park from team performances to individual performances, these are all the things that Yogi should be managing.

Managers get the bullet for underperforming teams, yes we need better players but that still doesnt hide the fact that the team is underperforming and that tactics are suspect. If it was just down to the players we have how could we do so well at the start of the season with the same players?

I think Yogi is at a loss at what to do, I also think there a good few players not happy for one reason or another. Yogi perhaps wants to play in a certain style, which is fair enough, but if you dont have the players for that style then you have to adapt, something that Yogi seems to be refusing to do.

From what I have seen on the pitch, organisation seems to be missing, player passing to no one, players losing the ball and immediately looking for someone else to blame rather than getting the bal back. These are things that needs to be instilled by a manager.

I don't think I've seen that for the last few weeks, to be honest. I think you're believing the hysteria rather than watching the games.

Beefster
27-04-2010, 02:01 PM
I don't think I've seen that for the last few weeks, to be honest. I think you're believing the hysteria rather than watching the games.

Hibs fans have never been able to count an improved level of performance against the Old Firm as a sign of things to come. Even Duffy and Williamson could get their teams to raise their game against them.

If we show an improvement in performance and form in the last 3 games, I'll start to believe it.

HFC 0-7
27-04-2010, 02:12 PM

The last couple of games have been against the old firm, where players from whatever club raise their game. Even still, there was a lot of misplaced passes against Rangers, a lot of wrong option passes and there was afew instances of moaning at other places when a pass goes wrong.

If you havent seen this, then how can a team made up of roughly the same players as the start of the season be so poor then?

Yogi has made 6 or 7 signings this season and yet we are 3 points ahead of where we were last season, is that improvement? Not IMO, especially when the old firm, Hearts and Falkirk are much weaker than the previous season.

If you look at Yogi's achievments this season you can only say that he has got 3 more points than last season. You could also say that he has brought in some big names.

His underachievments this season would be not getting the best out of these players regularly and not having the team benefitting enough from them.

Knocked out of the league cup early.

Knocked out of the Scottish cup to a mid table division one team after the draw had been very favourable all the way through.

Failure to bring in players for positions where there was a need and letting existing ones go before replacements found.

Failure to stop an alarming slump of form for the past 18 games where we have only managed to pick up 18 points, 3rd worst in the league.

In summary, yogi is in danger of having us finish in 5th which through luck will still qualify for europe should Dundee Utd win the SC. He is not providing much more in terms of points despite having purchased many players some of which are big name signings. He is now not going to achieve his goal of 3rd place.

Managers are measured against current success, if they werent any manager that had a successful spell would still be in charge. I expected a slump in form in the second half of the season, but the way we have crumpled is very very worrying. How can Yogi turn this around now? He can bring other players in, but he will still have the same problem of under performing players.

steakbake
27-04-2010, 02:17 PM
What's the internet equivalent of a P45? Maybe we could do with a few of those being dished out.

An e-45?

Andy74
27-04-2010, 02:27 PM
The last couple of games have been against the old firm, where players from whatever club raise their game. Even still, there was a lot of misplaced passes against Rangers, a lot of wrong option passes and there was afew instances of moaning at other places when a pass goes wrong.

If you havent seen this, then how can a team made up of roughly the same players as the start of the season be so poor then?

Yogi has made 6 or 7 signings this season and yet we are 3 points ahead of where we were last season, is that improvement? Not IMO, especially when the old firm, Hearts and Falkirk are much weaker than the previous season.

If you look at Yogi's achievments this season you can only say that he has got 3 more points than last season. You could also say that he has brought in some big names.

His underachievments this season would be not getting the best out of these players regularly and not having the team benefitting enough from them.

Knocked out of the league cup early.

Knocked out of the Scottish cup to a mid table division one team after the draw had been very favourable all the way through.

Failure to bring in players for positions where there was a need and letting existing ones go before replacements found.

Failure to stop an alarming slump of form for the past 18 games where we have only managed to pick up 18 points, 3rd worst in the league.

In summary, yogi is in danger of having us finish in 5th which through luck will still qualify for europe should Dundee Utd win the SC. He is not providing much more in terms of points despite having purchased many players some of which are big name signings. He is now not going to achieve his goal of 3rd place.

Managers are measured against current success, if they werent any manager that had a successful spell would still be in charge. I expected a slump in form in the second half of the season, but the way we have crumpled is very very worrying. How can Yogi turn this around now? He can bring other players in, but he will still have the same problem of under performing players.

Only Smith, McBride, Cregg and Stokes from the team at the weekend were Hughes' signings and to be fair Cregg was signed as better back up than we had with the likes of Chisholm or Keenan.

When you look at it I don't think the loss of form has been that worrying if looking at the future.

At the start of the year we had a fairly settled team but a number of them hadn't played much football recently.

We had youngsters like Wotherspoon and guys who have been out of plans elsewhere like Miller and Stokes. I think it is natural that over the course of a season you are not going to continue to get performances from these guys.

We have had Stack, Zemmama and McBride out for large stretches of the last few months and we had the upheaval of Bamba being away and coming back out of the swing of things.

We've been fairly reliant on kids when you look at Wotherspoon, Hanlon and McCormick all getting a fair bit of game time.

We've also had to reach into the squad to play guys like Stevenson, Rankin and Thicot regularly when none featured in our team during the better spells.

The pitch like it or not has also been a big factor and the way our team is balanced we've really struggled to get results with the type of players we have.

People talk about Yogi not being able to change things but I'm not seeing many options given the situations above to do much about it right now.

The younger players are getting more experience all the time, they will get fitter, the new players we have brought in have a full season under their belts for the first time in a long time and we will surely be adreessing the limitations we have in terms of size and presence and the lack of a natural right back.

We will always get injuries but maybe our two key players from the first half of the season can last longer or have some back up brought in?

I might be in a minority but I can see past the form we are in and see that the signs are still good in terms of this sqaud developing.

Dashing Bob S
27-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Don't think the issue is quality in terms of the squad, but balance. Too many players play out of position and are unsuitable for the graft and thunder of a heavy-pitch second half SPL season, where teams come into the third round of games having sussed each other out and you need harder, less fancier players.

Quality wasn't an issue when we were 3rd with the same players.

As much it breaks my heart, and I love him dearly, players like Benji are a luxury in SPL. (Our tragedy, not his.) Not to go all Yam, but a carthouse like Kyle would be more effective in this rather grotesque competition.

We need a right-back (sad to say I think his injuries make it unlikely Kevin McCann will meet that role, especially if Yogi want fb's to be wing backs) and we need a hard, holding midfielder with an engine, particularly in the second half of the season when the going gets tough.

McBride did a magnificent job the first half of the season, protecting the defence and enabling Miller and Zemmama, but he ain't the biggest and will always succumb to injury. So we need a hard assassin in there, possibly found abroad or the lower leagues in Engerlund.

matty_f
27-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Only Smith, McBride, Cregg and Stokes from the team at the weekend were Hughes' signings and to be fair Cregg was signed as better back up than we had with the likes of Chisholm or Keenan.

When you look at it I don't think the loss of form has been that worrying if looking at the future.

At the start of the year we had a fairly settled team but a number of them hadn't played much football recently.

We had youngsters like Wotherspoon and guys who have been out of plans elsewhere like Miller and Stokes. I think it is natural that over the course of a season you are not going to continue to get performances from these guys.

We have had Stack, Zemmama and McBride out for large stretches of the last few months and we had the upheaval of Bamba being away and coming back out of the swing of things.

We've been fairly reliant on kids when you look at Wotherspoon, Hanlon and McCormick all getting a fair bit of game time.

We've also had to reach into the squad to play guys like Stevenson, Rankin and Thicot regularly when none featured in our team during the better spells.

The pitch like it or not has also been a big factor and the way our team is balanced we've really struggled to get results with the type of players we have.

People talk about Yogi not being able to change things but I'm not seeing many options given the situations above to do much about it right now.

The younger players are getting more experience all the time, they will get fitter, the new players we have brought in have a full season under their belts for the first time in a long time and we will surely be adreessing the limitations we have in terms of size and presence and the lack of a natural right back.

We will always get injuries but maybe our two key players from the first half of the season can last longer or have some back up brought in?

I might be in a minority but I can see past the form we are in and see that the signs are still good in terms of this sqaud developing.

Agree with all of that. :agree:

Cropley10
27-04-2010, 05:04 PM

And the award for the Happiest Clapper Post of the Year Award goes to....

Defeat, after defeat, after defeat, after Cup exit, after Derby embrassment etc etc - but oh aye, things are 'progressing'. We can make up all the excuses we want but this is FIRMLY relegation form. Unacceptable, relegation form.

Don't worry Andy you were resolutely behind Mixu too as I recall. Yogi's progressing with 3 more points than the Finn managed last season and he was shown the door!!

HFC 0-7
27-04-2010, 05:25 PM

Agree with some of that, however, this isnt just a small slump in form, its half a season which has been terrible. Almost all the players on the pitch are the same ones at the start of the season. The first 17 games of the season had quite a lot of variations of players if you look back and yet we still performed better than now. From what you are saying there is a lot of deadwood in the squad and you rightly mention youngsters. Yogi should have been able to see this and should have brought in players to accomodate instead of goalkeepers, or, should have went for a few experienced loan signings which I am sure he could have got. Our last 18 games have given us the 3rd worst points total in the league, that means that we either have the 3rd worst team or the players we have are not performing. i would say its a mixture, but the fact is the players are underperforming and its yogis job to sort it out.

Bad patches last 4, 5 or 6 games, the run we have had points to something more. Yogi's big problem for me was that he didnt seem to buy players for the positions we needed. Height was something that needed to be addressed and didnt, instead he brought in Miller, McBride, Cregg and Stokes all 4 being small. I am not saying that these players are bad, however, he should have addressed the height issue. The RB was a problem area and he let Van Zanten go before he had a replacement. Now I didnt rate Van Zanten highly, however he knew how to play it and would have been better than McCormack.

He bought a good forward in Stokes but is now struggling to utilise him, he bought 3 good goalkeepers when 2 would have done.

Yogi seems to have a problem of standing back to see the big picture. He is predictable in his tactics, he seems intent on playing a way that isnt working and clearly has his favourites.

I wish Yogi would succeed, but it is becoming ever more apparent that he doesnt have the skills. Letting the season dwindle away so that he can buy players in the transfer window isnt good enough, he should be trying to get the best out of what he has and to do this he needs to try and halt the slide. he should be setting a solid formation and firstly trying to stop us shipping goals.

If you think Yogi has what it takes then please answer this. He has made 8 signings, the squad is capable of being the 3rd best in the league as proven in the first 17 games, however, he has now gone through a transfer window after the 17 games and never strengthened, we have taken the 3rd lowest points total in the second half of the season and the form isnt showing signs of improving. We are the only team in the SPL to have taken less points in the second half of the season against the first (14 points less) what is he showing that proves he has what it takes?

Cropley10
27-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Agree with some of that, however, this isnt just a small slump in form, its half a season which has been terrible. Almost all the players on the pitch are the same ones at the start of the season. The first 17 games of the season had quite a lot of variations of players if you look back and yet we still performed better than now. From what you are saying there is a lot of deadwood in the squad and you rightly mention youngsters. Yogi should have been able to see this and should have brought in players to accomodate instead of goalkeepers, or, should have went for a few experienced loan signings which I am sure he could have got. Our last 18 games have given us the 3rd worst points total in the league, that means that we either have the 3rd worst team or the players we have are not performing. i would say its a mixture, but the fact is the players are underperforming and its yogis job to sort it out.

Bad patches last 4, 5 or 6 games, the run we have had points to something more. Yogi's big problem for me was that he didnt seem to buy players for the positions we needed. Height was something that needed to be addressed and didnt, instead he brought in Miller, McBride, Cregg and Stokes all 4 being small. I am not saying that these players are bad, however, he should have addressed the height issue. The RB was a problem area and he let Van Zanten go before he had a replacement. Now I didnt rate Van Zanten highly, however he knew how to play it and would have been better than McCormack.

He bought a good forward in Stokes but is now struggling to utilise him, he bought 3 good goalkeepers when 2 would have done.

Yogi seems to have a problem of standing back to see the big picture. He is predictable in his tactics, he seems intent on playing a way that isnt working and clearly has his favourites.

I wish Yogi would succeed, but it is becoming ever more apparent that he doesnt have the skills. Letting the season dwindle away so that he can buy players in the transfer window isnt good enough, he should be trying to get the best out of what he has and to do this he needs to try and halt the slide. he should be setting a solid formation and firstly trying to stop us shipping goals.

If you think Yogi has what it takes then please answer this. He has made 8 signings, the squad is capable of being the 3rd best in the league as proven in the first 17 games, however, he has now gone through a transfer window after the 17 games and never strengthened, we have taken the 3rd lowest points total in the second half of the season and the form isnt showing signs of improving. We are the only team in the SPL to have taken less points in the second half of the season against the first (14 points less) what is he showing that proves he has what it takes?

We have 3 more points 'already' than we got last season. That is the only progress. Oh we did win 3 games in a week once.

As I said what if we lose another 3?

Beefster
27-04-2010, 06:04 PM
The pitch like it or not has also been a big factor

I don't buy this. We've won once in our last 8 away games. Is every pitch a problem?

As for our pitch, which games do you think that it's been a problem for us but not the away team?

cabbage07
27-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Exactly obviously andy doesnt know we play away from home as well :greengrin

WindyMiller
27-04-2010, 07:28 PM

We do now though.

brydekirk
27-04-2010, 07:29 PM
this is poor. cant any of the whingers see what yogi is trying to do. trying to create a hunger and desire that is missing in the team and has been for long enough. J C will tell you how hard it is to make changes, when your working with a bunch of spoilt brats that dont want to work or change. Maybe the players are scared of change becuase IMO at least half of them will be found lacking, as if we dont already know this. Even Fletcher remarked on the differance in training when he moved to burnley. If you want hibs to win derbies, play in europe and win scottish cups, we need to change. Yogi needs another couple of windows to make the change without a revolt on his hands.

marinello59
28-04-2010, 09:37 AM
this is poor. cant any of the whingers see what yogi is trying to do. trying to create a hunger and desire that is missing in the team and has been for long enough. J C will tell you how hard it is to make changes, when your working with a bunch of spoilt brats that dont want to work or change. Maybe the players are scared of change becuase IMO at least half of them will be found lacking, as if we dont already know this. Even Fletcher remarked on the differance in training when he moved to burnley. If you want hibs to win derbies, play in europe and win scottish cups, we need to change. Yogi needs another couple of windows to make the change without a revolt on his hands.

I just wish the transfer window system was scrapped.

greenlex
28-04-2010, 09:45 AM
We have 3 more points 'already' than we got last season. That is the only progress. Oh we did win 3 games in a week once.

As I said what if we lose another 3?

If the performances are substandard in the final three games of the season then questions should be asked. Results till the next transfer window are irrelevant IMO. Now is not the time to be sacking anyone as there is still a lot to play for. If Hughes cant get the players up for the final three games then the board must be asking questions of him.

SalfordHibs
28-04-2010, 09:47 AM

Funny how you all jump to his defence yet you dont answer any of the questions that is being asked of the current management.

1. He has no tactics - Playing players out of position, not making subs when it is required, or making the right subs to fill in positions that were needed i.e. at Parkhead recently.

2. Formations, why not a 442 we look far more comfortable in that position.

3. Getting beat easily by the likes of Ross County who he had watched 5 times yet he still struggled to cope with their formations.

4. Sticks with the same dire players Nish, Rankin, Hogg, Stack, Stevenson, McCormack etc.

IMHO i cant see us winning another game, and i personally dont think that is acceptable and changes need to be done throughout the club, playing staff and management.

basehibby
28-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Funny how you all jump to his defence yet you dont answer any of the questions that is being asked of the current management.

1. He has no tactics - Playing players out of position, not making subs when it is required, or making the right subs to fill in positions that were needed i.e. at Parkhead recently. - while maybe not a master tactician much of what you're saying here is a matter of opinion - I didn't have a problem with the subs at Parkhead - he went to 4-4-2 while introducing pace in switching Riordan for Galbraith - decent ruse which didn't quite come off this time. Players are being played somewhat out of position through necessity.

2. Formations, why not a 442 we look far more comfortable in that position. - We were playing 4-4-2 vs the huns or didn't you notice

3. Getting beat easily by the likes of Ross County who he had watched 5 times yet he still struggled to cope with their formations. I'll agree with you - that was a stinker - we weren't the only ones to get humped by them but tha doesn't make it feel any better.

4. Sticks with the same dire players Nish, Rankin, Hogg, Stack, Stevenson, McCormack etc. - Rome wasn't built in a day. I'm sure if Petrie had let Hughes bring in Messi and Ronaldo in January while giving all these guys a free transfer then that's what would have happened. Meanwhile in the real world these guys are Hibs players for the time being which leaves Hughes little option other than to play them.

IMHO i cant see us winning another game, and i personally dont think that is acceptable and changes need to be done throughout the club, playing staff and management. - That's your opinion - lets wait and see eh?!?.

erskine-hibby
28-04-2010, 10:11 AM

1. He has no tactics - Playing players out of position, not making subs when it is required, or making the right subs to fill in positions that were needed i.e. at Parkhead recently.

3. Getting beat easily by the likes of Ross County who he had watched 5 times yet he still struggled to cope with their formations.

4. Sticks with the same dire players Nish, Rankin, Hogg, Stack, Stevenson, McCormack etc.

IMHO i cant see us winning another game, and i personally dont think that is acceptable and changes need to be done throughout the club, playing staff and management.

Totally agree:agree:

He has a much better squad than Mixu ever had and done exactly what?...got 3 more points, big deal!
As someone has already pointed out the form we are showing now is defo relegation material. Why carry on and give him time at the start of next season, we could easily end up the same way as we did under duff jimmy:agree:

I can see no reason why we should stick with him what so ever. He can talk the talk alright, but fails, miserably, to walk the walk.

SalfordHibs
28-04-2010, 10:54 AM

Parkhead why didn't he bring on Thicot to tighten up the back when we were leading 2-1

Ok how many times this season did he play the 442 system...

Deluded if you think things are going to change mate, we got lucky at the start of the season, in all games i would say we have played decent in 4 games the rest have a been a complete blur.

Why not play all the young lads for the remaining games, at least they would roll their sleeves up and fight for the cause, Rangers won on Sunday without even breaking a sweat.

Speedway
28-04-2010, 11:09 AM

1. Show me a manager who doesn't play players out of position, required or otherwise. Not making subs when required or the 'correct' subs is entirely subjective.

2. Prove we've looked more comfortable in a 4-4-2 since we've rarely employed it this season - for a reason.

3. 'Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't word hard'. Not definitely a tactical problem.

4. 'Sticking with the same rank players'. Is that opposed to replacing them with the galaticos we've got waiting for their chance. Who on the bench would you put in?

SalfordHibs
28-04-2010, 11:16 AM
1. Show me a manager who doesn't play players out of position, required or otherwise. Not making subs when required or the 'correct' subs is entirely subjective. So the subs he has been making or lack of is acceptable :bitchy:

2. Prove we've looked more comfortable in a 4-4-2 since we've rarely employed it this season - for a reason. Think you answered your own question, we have been beaten from teams due to our lack of formation.

3. 'Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't word hard'. Not definitely a tactical problem. Maybe if the talent was in their correct position i.e. Riordan then we may have been talking about something else eh, and if the correct players were playing.

4. 'Sticking with the same rank players'. Is that opposed to replacing them with the galaticos we've got waiting for their chance. Who on the bench would you put in? Byrne would have been a better choice than Nish, Galbraith in place of Rankin, Hanlon in place of Hogg, Smith should never have been dropped.

Speedway
28-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Byrne would have been a better choice than Nish, Galbraith in place of Rankin, Hanlon in place of Hogg, Smith should never have been dropped.

Why would Byrne, who has played around 90 minutes first team football in his life, have been a better choice than Nish?

Why would Galbraith (a winger) be a better bet in a midfield three than a more central player?

Why would Hanlon (a left sided defender) be a better bet at Right Centre Half than the Club Captain and right sided defender, Hogg?

Why should Smith, who shipped 5 versus St Johnstone and was at fault for Ross County's winner, not have been dropped for the keeper who was in place during our unbeaten run this season?

SalfordHibs
28-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Why would Byrne, who has played around 90 minutes first team football in his life, have been a better choice than Nish?

Byrne wouldn't fall about the place waving his arms, Byrne wouldn't make stupid tackles leaving his team mates down to 10 men, Byrne has a better first touch.

Why would Galbraith (a winger) be a better bet in a midfield three than a more central player? Galbraith can play on the wing or in the middle, he has alot more to give than Rankin

Why would Hanlon (a left sided defender) be a better bet at Right Centre Half than the Club Captain and right sided defender, Hogg? Hogg captain :bitchy: Hanlon was playing for the Scottish under 21's at centre half and has done for us, much better player than Hogg.

Why should Smith, who shipped 5 versus St Johnstone and was at fault for Ross County's winner, not have been dropped for the keeper who was in place during our unbeaten run this season?

So the 5 goals were Smith's fault, Smith is a far better keeper than Stack, Bamba cries to Hughes i cant play at the back with Smith, what does he have them doing in training, we have looked really unfit, no balance in the set up either.

Must be doing the confidence great, your in this week no your dropped this week :bitchy:

carry on thinking it is going to change mate :yawn:

SalfordHibs
28-04-2010, 11:43 AM
I don't buy this. We've won once in our last 8 away games. Is every pitch a problem?

As for our pitch, which games do you think that it's been a problem for us but not the away team?

Exactly blamming the pitch :bitchy: it's the same for both teams, it just happens to be the ones we are playing against that come out on top.

The pitch :faf:

SalfordHibs
28-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Why would Hanlon (a left sided defender) be a better bet at Right Centre Half than the Club Captain and right sided defender, Hogg?

Why should Smith, who shipped 5 versus St Johnstone and was at fault for Ross County's winner, not have been dropped for the keeper who was in place during our unbeaten run this season?[/QUOTE]

Smith

Wothers
Thicot
Hanlon
Murray

Cregg
Miller
Stevenson
Riordan

Stokes
Gowser

Speedway's team...

Danderhall Hibs
28-04-2010, 12:03 PM

Tell you what if changes are made I hope it's not sacking the manager and bringing Cilian Sheridan in to solve our goalscoring problems along with a load of tall gadgy's to pack the midfield.

bawheid
28-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Byrne wouldn't fall about the place waving his arms, Byrne wouldn't make stupid tackles leaving his team mates down to 10 men, Byrne has a better first touch.

How do you know this? How much 1st team football have you seen him play?

Galbraith can play on the wing or in the middle, he has alot more to give than Rankin.

Your proof for this is?

Hanlon was playing for the Scottish under 21's at centre half and has done for us, much better player than Hogg.

Aye, playing at left centre half. You didn't really answer Speedway's question.

Speedway
28-04-2010, 12:27 PM
So the 5 goals were Smith's fault, Smith is a far better keeper than Stack, Bamba cries to Hughes i cant play at the back with Smith, what does he have them doing in training, we have looked really unfit, no balance in the set up either.

Based on what? clean sheets, size of club/pedigree?

Must be doing the confidence great, your in this week no your dropped this week :bitchy:

Unlike guaranteeing him a first team place as you seem to be criticising the manager for doing in other positions. Make your mind up.

Where did you get the impression that I thought things would change?

Smith

Wothers
Thicot
Hanlon
Murray

Cregg
Miller
Stevenson
Riordan

Stokes
Gowser

Speedway's team...[/QUOTE]

Have you brought this up to prove my point? I have Hanlon in at LCH.

HFC 0-7
28-04-2010, 12:46 PM
The thing that really gets to me is that Yogi isnt really trying anything new. we have been pretty rank since January and yet he keeps playing riordan out left, still plays the same midfield, doesnt give Galbraith a decent run, doesnt give Benji a real chance and only played Thicot when he absolutely needs to.

When things are not working on the pitch, managers change it. They change the formation, they change the players. Yogi seems to just keep playing the same players in the same positions in the same formations when it isnt working.

Good managers need to be able to adapt in situtations, yogi had a good start, as soon as it went wrong it stayed wrong. Yogi seems to have no idea how to change a game or a team apart from buying new players, which is fair enough but as the transfer window is only open once during a season, waiting until then to change things isnt an option, you have to get the best out of the players you have and Yogi certainly hasnt been doing this since we started playing badly.

Barney McGrew
28-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Playing players out of position

Byrne would have been a better choice than Nish, Galbraith in place of Rankin, Hanlon in place of Hogg

Those two quotes completely contradict themselves.

You have a go at Yogi for playing players out of position, then suggest he should be making changes that do exactly that.

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Those two quotes completely contradict themselves.

You have a go at Yogi for playing players out of position, then suggest he should be making changes that do exactly that.

I think it probably worked on football manager, and if its good enough for the computer game, its good enough for Hibs.

Cropley10
28-04-2010, 05:29 PM
I think it probably worked on football manager, and if its good enough for the computer game, its good enough for Hibs.

3 more games - 9 more points.

Lets see how we go - and where we end up, then we can end this conversation.

In the meantime I'm just trying to work out when the excuses run out, exactly? Certainly after 3 home games of next season - with a NEW pitch, a NEW East Stand, NEW players (Yogi will be able to weave his magic again in the 'window') and more time for the players to get onboard with our innovative thinker/tactical mouse (delete as appropriate) of a manager.

I know what my money's on...

TowerHibs
28-04-2010, 06:07 PM
It's all down to the tactics and shape of the team. We play so narrow and our play is predictable. It takes a long time for the midfield to support the attack, we don't have a single midfielder who runs beyond the front man, dragging defenders away from the action and creating space. Thus giving the man is posession limited options!

Without Zouma, the creativity in the squad is embarrissing, would like to have seen Galbraith and Wetherspoon play right and left wing as they look to run at opponents and not just pass the ball in short triangles going nowhere (see rankin)

Falkirk were the same with yogi in charge, nothing exciting going forward, just neat passing, no runners from midfield and no options for the man on the ball.

Full back is the most vital position if ur looking to play expansive football, they have more space and freedom to start things off. Unfortunately we've got a complete Tit in McCormack (court appearances, sending offs, can't defend, can't kick the ball, 3 bookings in last 5 weeks after 90mins when game is beyond us) at right back and an out and out defender at left back (who actually does well most weeks but he's a CH or Def Mid)

the team were average at start of season bt pretty solid at the back and our stirkers can score from anything! Only thought it was a matter of time before the bubble burst.

IWasThere2016
28-04-2010, 08:31 PM
It's all down to the tactics and shape of the team. We play so narrow and our play is predictable. It takes a long time for the midfield to support the attack, we don't have a single midfielder who runs beyond the front man, dragging defenders away from the action and creating space. Thus giving the man is posession limited options!

Without Zouma, the creativity in the squad is embarrissing, would like to have seen Galbraith and Wetherspoon play right and left wing as they look to run at opponents and not just pass the ball in short triangles going nowhere (see rankin)

Falkirk were the same with yogi in charge, nothing exciting going forward, just neat passing, no runners from midfield and no options for the man on the ball.

Full back is the most vital position if ur looking to play expansive football, they have more space and freedom to start things off. Unfortunately we've got a complete Tit in McCormack (court appearances, sending offs, can't defend, can't kick the ball, 3 bookings in last 5 weeks after 90mins when game is beyond us) at right back and an out and out defender at left back (who actually does well most weeks but he's a CH or Def Mid)

the team were average at start of season bt pretty solid at the back and our stirkers can score from anything! Only thought it was a matter of time before the bubble burst.

Great post Kev - we have too many doing too little behind the ball. Hence it goes too long too often to a too isolated Stokes

SalfordHibs
29-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Tell you what if changes are made I hope it's not sacking the manager and bringing Cilian Sheridan in to solve our goalscoring problems along with a load of tall gadgy's to pack the midfield.

Far better player than Nish INHO :agree:

Why shouldn't Hughes be sacked he is only 3 points a head of Mixu and he has had a much better squad.

SalfordHibs
29-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Where did you get the impression that I thought things would change?

[/B]

Smith

Wothers
Thicot
Hanlon
Murray

Cregg
Miller
Stevenson
Riordan

Stokes
Gowser

Speedway's team...

Have you brought this up to prove my point? I have Hanlon in at LCH.[/QUOTE]

You said why didn't Smith deserve to be dropped in your other post yet you have picked him against the Yams or was that only because Stack is injured.

My post pointed out that Hanlon is a much better Centre half than Hogg or do you disagree :greengrin

marinello59
29-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Far better player than Nish INHO :agree:

Why shouldn't Hughrs be sacked he is only 3 points a head of Mixu and he has had a much better squad.

Is it a much better squad though? We might be able to put out a team that looks stronger when everybody is fit but is the pool of players significantly better?

SalfordHibs
29-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Is it a much better squad though? We might be able to put out a team that looks stronger when everybody is fit but is the pool of players significantly better?

Of course it is, Stokes, Miller, McBride, Smith are they not better players than what Mixu had to work with.

marinello59
29-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Of course it is, Stokes, Miller, McBride, Smith are they not better players than what Mixu had to work with.

Fletcher left. Jones left. I am not saying that the squad isn't better but much better?

SalfordHibs
29-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Fletcher left. Jones left. I am not saying that the squad isn't better but much better?

Jones is a big miss mate i'll give you that, Stokes IMHO is a better player than Fletcher.

Phil D. Rolls
29-04-2010, 12:34 PM
I CAN

Not bein' funny :faf:, but what is a respond? :confused:

SalfordHibs
29-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Not bein' funny :faf:, but what is a respond? :confused:

:faf:

HFC 0-7
29-04-2010, 12:40 PM

If its not a better squad then its Yogi's fault, he has brought in 7 or 8 new players so its his fault if we dont have a better squad.

blackpoolhibs
29-04-2010, 12:41 PM

We lost jones and fletcher, McBride has been injured for ages. The squad is weak, although our 1st 11 is better, that was evident when they were all fit. Now we are seeing the strength of our squad.

SalfordHibs
29-04-2010, 12:43 PM
We lost jones and fletcher, McBride has been injured for ages. The squad is weak, although our 1st 11 is better, that was evident when they were all fit. Now we are seeing the strength of our squad.

They players i mentioned were better than anything Mixu had to work with, taking out Jones of course.

blackpoolhibs
29-04-2010, 12:56 PM
They players i mentioned were better than anything Mixu had to work with, taking out Jones of course.

Fletcher is better than stokes imho, and Bamba was played in midfield, McBride is not better than Bamba. We did not replace Jones.

Andy74
29-04-2010, 01:04 PM
If its not a better squad then its Yogi's fault, he has brought in 7 or 8 new players so its his fault if we dont have a better squad.

We have a better first team, being 3rd for most of the season shows that.

We really don't have a better squad though because we have relied on guys like Rankin, Stevenson and Thicot and youngsters like Hanlon, Wotherspoon and McCormack far more than we would have liked.

Hughes can't be responsible for the overall quality and depth of the squad after only 2 transfer windows.

Brizo
29-04-2010, 01:05 PM
On the plus side when they became managers much was made of JC and Mixus connections on the continent and in England to identify and bring in hidden gems at Hibs prices. The reality is that by and large they brought in a procession of sub standard journeymen. Yogi on the other hand has brought in some real quality and if its inconsistent flawed quality if they didnt have those shortcomings those players wouldnt be here.

On the negative side the Falkirk fans main gripe was lots of pretty passing but going nowhere with no end product. Thats been evident here under Yogis leadership. As have the tactics seen vs RC and recently at Darkheid of being in a winning position and instead of making tactical changes to bolt the door, the team pressing for more goals and coming unstuck. The lack of any midfield physical presence is also a concern. Who he brings in during the summer will tell whether he has identified that weve been bullied and outfought too often in midfield or whether his "vision" of how the game should be played is out of step with the realities of the SPL.

Im willing to give Yogi another season but whether im willing to commit to a ST for next years debatable. And its the ST renewal factor which will imo determine his future.

HFC 0-7
29-04-2010, 01:20 PM

We really don't have a better squad though because we have relied on guys like Rankin, Stevenson and Thicot and youngsters like Hanlon, Wotherspoon and McCormack far more than we would have liked.

Hughes can't be responsible for the overall quality and depth of the squad after only 2 transfer windows.

Hughes has brought in 8 players and 1 or 2 through from the youth set up. He only lost 2 players that he had to sell through Fletcher and Jones.

Stack
Smith
Brown
Stokes
Miller
McBride
Cregg
Gow

Wotherspoon.

he has brought all these players in, how does that not improve the squad? if it doesnt then it means that Yogi is guilty of buying duff players, either way its Yogis fault if the squad is stronger. You mention that the first team is better, if thats the case then the players that were in the first team last year are now part of the squad and therefore the squad must be better?

erskine-hibby
29-04-2010, 01:25 PM

Yes he can, it's his job.
He can also be held responsible for the team he puts out on the pitch.
He can also be held responsible for the tactics (ha,ha) and the attitude of the players.
He is ultimately responsible for how the team performs.

He fails on all the above.

blackpoolhibs
29-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Hughes has brought in 8 players and 1 or 2 through from the youth set up. He only lost 2 players that he had to sell through Fletcher and Jones.

Stack
Smith
Brown
Stokes
Miller
McBride
Cregg
Gow

Wotherspoon.

he has brought all these players in, how does that not improve the squad? if it doesnt then it means that Yogi is guilty of buying duff players, either way its Yogis fault if the squad is stronger. You mention that the first team is better, if thats the case then the players that were in the first team last year are now part of the squad and therefore the squad must be better?
3 keepers, that we are only now seeing the benefit of. Stokes replaced fletcher, McBride replaced Bamba and Bamba went into defence replacing Jones. Cregg was a replacement for Rosa/Chisholm. Not as good a Rosa, better than Chisholm. Gow has been injured virtually from day 1. Miller has done well. When all fit, the team showed just how well they could do. Sadly thats not the case since February, and results have shown, the squad is not nearly good enough.

blackpoolhibs
29-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Yes he can, it's his job.
He can also be held responsible for the team he puts out on the pitch.
He can also be held responsible for the tactics (ha,ha) and the attitude of the players.
He is ultimately responsible for how the team performs.

He fails on all the above.

Was he a roaring success when we were 2 points from 2nd in the middle of February?

HFC 0-7
29-04-2010, 01:30 PM
3 keepers, that we are only now seeing the benefit of. Stokes replaced fletcher, McBride replaced Bamba and Bamba went into defence replacing Jones. Cregg was a replacement for Rosa/Chisholm. Not as good a Rosa, better than Chisholm. Gow has been injured virtually from day 1. Miller has done well. When all fit, the team showed just how well they could do. Sadly thats not the case since February, and results have shown, the squad is not nearly good enough.

Yogi brought in 8 players and only had to lose 2 or 3. Its his fault if the squad isnt better. whats the point of bringing in 8 players if it doesnt improve anything or are you saying that he hasnt improved the squad since Mixu?

erskine-hibby
29-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Was he a roaring success when we were 2 points from 2nd in the middle of February?

I suppose he was if you look purely at league position...there again what has happened since then and what looks likely to happen by the end of the season given our recent performances??

One question though, how many games this season have we actually played well in, dominated and ultimately looked good???

Not many and in a p1ss poor league that is a p1ss poor indictment of Yogis tenure to date.

Leith Green
29-04-2010, 02:02 PM

Got to be judged at the end of his first season..

For me there have been slight improvements made, far more worrying though is the evident lack of team spirit and will to win... Jury is definetly out for me, the coming close season will make or break him, who he signs and who he bins are crucial, for me it determines wether or not he is seeing the same things most other folk are seeing.
If a physival presence isnt brought into the spine of our team then I doubt he will be manager come xmas, as it has been one of our major flaws this season, his formations and game changing tactics will also show wether or not he has learned anything.

FWIW, I genuinelly would love big Yogi to be the man to be a success for Hibs, fingers crossed but a lot of hard work required over the summer if he is to prevail..

SalfordHibs
29-04-2010, 02:26 PM
I suppose he was if you look purely at league position...there again what has happened since then and what looks likely to happen by the end of the season given our recent performances??

One question though, how many games this season have we actually played well in, dominated and ultimately looked good???

Not many and in a p1ss poor league that is a p1ss poor indictment of Yogis tenure to date.
:top marks

Totally agree mate, we have played decent in 4 games all season, its not good enough and it isn't going to change either.

BoltonHibee
29-04-2010, 02:37 PM

Nope. Although you were creaming into your hankie, there were plenty around on here and elsewhere to see that second place at the end of the season was pure fantasy, as was 3rd, as was 4th.........

SalfordHibs
29-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Nope. Although you were creaming into your hankie, there were plenty around on here and elsewhere to see that second place at the end of the season was pure fantasy, as was 3rd, as was 4th.........

Spot on fella we were lucky at the start nothing else.

blackpoolhibs
29-04-2010, 02:43 PM

It was actually your hankie.:greengrin By the way, i received your cheque and application form, for the new season ticket. I will hand it in on Saturday. In yogi ( Bolton and Blackpool) we trust.:thumbsup:

BoltonHibee
29-04-2010, 02:44 PM
It was actually your hankie.:greengrin By the way, i received your cheque and application form, for the new season ticket. I will hand it in on Saturday. In yogi ( Bolton and Blackpool) we trust.:thumbsup:

:confused:

You must be mistaken

Dashing Bob S
29-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Jones wasn't missed at all in the first half of the season, when, for a time, we had one of the best defensive records in Britain.

However, in the second half of the season, when McBride was injured, the need to defend deep, teams had sussed us out, pitches were heavy, we could have done with his 'backs-to-the-wall' style.

blackpoolhibs
29-04-2010, 02:47 PM
:confused:

You must be mistaken

Yes sorry, the boltonhibs who sent me his cheque and application form for next seasons, season ticket, is older than 47.