PDA

View Full Version : Hogg's sub?

Hibernian Verse
25-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Was it an injury?

After the game yogi was ripping into Hogg so might've actually been taken off for being pish. About time if so. I used to be a fan but not anymore after being shoved off the ball by that elephant up front.

hibee_girl
25-04-2010, 04:57 PM
I'd imagine it was his back injury flaring up again as he was doing well in 1st half.

Allant1981
25-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Was it an injury?

After the game yogi was ripping into Hogg so might've actually been taken off for being pish. About time if so. I used to be a fan but not anymore after being shoved off the ball by that elephant up front.

what did he say, i actually thought it was more of a dig at the full back, might have been a different interview though

col02
25-04-2010, 04:59 PM
I assume you mean the comment about his full back having to tuck in when the centre back ie Hogg was getting battered about on the wing? That was not Hughes ripping into Hogg just saying McCormack could have done better there for the goal maybe. Fwiw Hogg is still injured imho as his movement was very laboured today. Rest him till next season and hopefully see him recapture the form of last season.

Hibernian Verse
25-04-2010, 04:59 PM
what did he say, i actually thought it was more of a dig at the full back, might have been a different interview though

BBC. Had a go at McCormack then at Hogg for being pushed off the ball easily.

He was doing ok until then, but Thicot was a massive improvement.

brydekirk
25-04-2010, 05:01 PM
BBC. Had a go at McCormack then at Hogg for being pushed off the ball easily.

He was doing ok until then, but Thicot was a massive improvement.
thicot :agree:

BSEJVT
25-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Even making allowances for his "injury" Hogg is absolute murder.

Far too easily knocked of the ball, outjumped, couldnt pass water.

Hogg should never get anywhere near a Hibs team ever again.

Aldo
25-04-2010, 07:20 PM
I didnt watch or go to the game cos I was working however Listened to the last 25 minutes of the first half. The only defenders name that cropped up time and time again was Hogg.

Covering his RB all the time. Blocking this and that.

Hogg should not take the blame it is a team game FFS.

Jonnyboy
25-04-2010, 07:29 PM
I'd imagine it was his back injury flaring up again as he was doing well in 1st half.

K you're loyalty to the Hoggmeister is admirable :wink:

In my view he was hopeless today and not for the first time either. No doubt some will point out the two good block tackles he made but I would simply counter with the number of times he was beaten in the air, misplaced passes and allowed Laugherty to waltz past him without even the hint of a challenge.

hibee_girl
25-04-2010, 07:30 PM
K you're loyalty to the Hoggmeister is admirable :wink:

In my view he was hopeless today and not for the first time either. No doubt some will point out the two good block tackles he made but I would simply counter with the number of times he was beaten in the air, misplaced passes and allowed Laugherty to waltz past him without even the hint of a challenge.

Nothing to do with loyalty, I just say it like I see it. If he was awful I'd say, today wasn't one of those days

Newhaven
25-04-2010, 07:32 PM

:agree:

Never a million years is he a captain :bye:

Jonnyboy
Nothing to do with loyalty, I just say it like I see it. If he was awful I'd say, today wasn't one of those days

Opinions eh :greengrin

hibee_girl
Opinions eh :greengrin

Indeed :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
25-04-2010, 07:36 PM
I didnt watch or go to the game cos I was working however Listened to the last 25 minutes of the first half. The only defenders name that cropped up time and time again was Hogg.

Covering his RB all the time. Blocking this and that.

Hogg should not take the blame it is a team game FFS.

Hogg was crap as ever and the 2 young laddies Hanlon and Thicot showed him up again..

Hibbyradge
25-04-2010, 07:40 PM
We looked more solid after Thicot came on. Lafferty had a field day in the first half, but was innefectual after the break.

It saddens me to say it, but I do hope we replace Chris Hogg in the summer.

Aldo
25-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Like I say I wasnt there but from what I heard he was running about covering the back 4.

Hanlon would be a first choice at Left CH along with Murray at LB..we now only need to find another commanding CH and a RB?

Cannot wait for the season to finish TBH.

Judas Iscariot
25-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Like I say I wasnt there but from what I heard he was running about covering the back 4.

Hanlon would be a first choice at Left CH along with Murray at LB..we now only need to find another commanding CH and a RB?

Cannot wait for the season to finish TBH.

The commentators on the tranny haver pish 99% of the time and whatever you heard today was no different..

He was flapping around the back 4 covering for himself as he continually let the ball bounce, go over his own head, fail to track his man and just generally be *****!

Ready made and better replacement for Hogg in Steven Thicot, who was immense in the 2nd half today..

Hermit Crab
25-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Thicot to start against the yams at centre half alongside young Hanlon. That could be our new CH pairing leaving bamba free to move into midfield or be sold in the summer :wink:

lEXO
25-04-2010, 08:07 PM
If i was making a sub at half tIme for any of our defence being crap,it would have been Mcormack by a mile.Another centre half playing full back.Who is to blame?The centre half playing full back, or our manager not having a right back?I know what i think, what about you guys?

Allant1981
25-04-2010, 08:12 PM
i didnt think hogg was that bad today, seen him play a lot worse and he was obviously injured which wouldnt have helped him.

KiddA
25-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Even making allowances for his "injury" Hogg is absolute murder.

Far too easily knocked of the ball, outjumped, couldnt pass water.

:agree: Unfortunately it looks like he will. The guy is a time bomb and I hope he moves on soon. I am hoping Yogi moves him on but after making him captain can't see it :grr:

sunshine1875
25-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Was this how he got injured? They really are cheating bar-stewards!:grr:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/47713000/jpg/_47713410_miller_hogg.jpg

From picture 9 from the attached.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8642674.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8642674.stm)

Allant1981
25-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Was this how he got injured? They really are cheating bar-stewards!:grr:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/47713000/jpg/_47713410_miller_hogg.jpg

From picture 9 from the attached.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8642674.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8642674.stm)

nah hogg was to blame here, he should be out jumping miller to start with dont you know