PDA

View Full Version : Hibs fans clamber for ticket in quest for Europe

Keith_M
22-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if that was the headline we were reading in the paper instead of warnings to some Hibbys enabling Bluenoses to watch in the home stands.

As sh*t as our season is unfolding, and quite incredibly enough, Hibs can still qualify for Europe. I'm not overly confident that we will but can't we all just get behind the team for the last few games whilst there's still a chance?

:dunno:

:notworthy:

Mag7
22-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if that was the headline we were reading in the paper instead of warnings to some Hibbys enabling Bluenoses to watch in the home stands.

As sh*t as our season is unfolding, and quite incredibly enough, Hibs can still qualify for Europe. I'm not overly confident that we will but can't we all just get behind the team for the last few games whilst there's still a chance?

:dunno:

:notworthy:

I know what you're saying, but compared to the last time we qualified for Europe there's a very different feel about things. Last time we made it by the skin of our teeth but we packed out the home sections against Rangers on the last day of the season because there was a feeling that over the course of the season we deserved that third spot and the fans were happy to show their appreciation of what the players had achieved under Mowbray. There was a far more positive spirit about all things Hibs.

This time the team have fallen away so badly and put the fans through such abject displays in recent months that any feeling of momentum in the push for Europe has been completely lost. There's a feeling that if we do scrape a European spot it will be in spite of the manager and the team rather than because of them. We're at the stage where we're keeping an eye on whether Motherwell and Hearts can pick up any more points rather than believing Hibs can get there by their own efforts. Hardly a scenario which is likely to entice many of us along on Sunday.

SloopJB
22-04-2010, 02:23 PM
That could well have been the headline the past week.

Kerry Katona:grr: