PDA

View Full Version : NHC (bi)Cycle parking at ER

speedy_gonzales
22-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Anyone know of safe cycle parking at or near to ER?
I'm out and about on Sunday morning with my bike and wonder if there is anywhere near by where I safely chain it up. The nearest place I can think of is Waverley Station, anywhere nearer that is suitable to leave a bike that "aint cheap" would be greatly appreciated!

Sammy7nil
22-04-2010, 12:12 PM
I would not leave it anywhere near ER however if you must leave it near the ground next to where the Police hang out :greengrin

Disc O'Dave
22-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Anyone know of safe cycle parking at or near to ER?
I'm out and about on Sunday morning with my bike and wonder if there is anywhere near by where I safely chain it up. The nearest place I can think of is Waverley Station, anywhere nearer that is suitable to leave a bike that "aint cheap" would be greatly appreciated!

I think there are also secure bike spaces in the Omni Centre car park, but last time I looked the "coin deposit" keys were all knackered on level -3. They are next to the lifts. Slightly closer than Waverley, but not much, granted.

MartinfaePorty
22-04-2010, 12:20 PM
There's a cycle rack in front of the building across from the Main Stand (enter via the car park) that I have used on a number of occasions and have had no trouble. Admittedly, my bike 'aint worth much, but other folk use it also.

sahib
22-04-2010, 12:29 PM
There's a cycle rack in front of the building across from the Main Stand (enter via the car park) that I have used on a number of occasions and have had no trouble. Admittedly, my bike 'aint worth much, but other folk use it also.

I have parked there when I had a season last year and left it too late for other means of transport. The stewards let me out at halftime to check. There is often people in that building on match days so thieves can't assume the bikes all belong to people at the match. It is risky, so best if your bike is old and keep some busfares incase it just gets kicked in. :wink:

Hibby70
22-04-2010, 12:50 PM
take it to bits, smuggle it into the stand, rebuild it, then chuck it at the huns.

Frogga
22-04-2010, 12:51 PM
When you cross the wee foot bridge over the railway on the way to the ground and are facing the West Stand there's a wee set of red brick flats to your left... Its got a wee 'tunnel'/underpass for cars and once you go underneath you'll see there's a cycle rack which is out of view of the main street.

Removed
22-04-2010, 12:55 PM
When you cross the wee foot bridge over the railway on the way to the ground and are facing the West Stand there's a wee set of red brick flats to your left... Its got a wee 'tunnel'/underpass for cars and once you go underneath you'll see there's a cycle rack which is out of view of the main street.

Any room for mobility scooters as well?

Frogga
22-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Any room for mobility scooters as well?

Yeah I think so. Best not take my word for it though :wink:

Wembley67
22-04-2010, 01:02 PM

perfect cover for it to be nicked....guess where I'm going :cool2:

Removed
22-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Yeah I think so. Best not take my word for it though :wink:

Jakki, sorted :thumbsup:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-04-2010, 02:30 PM
I've used my old bike a few times and chained it on the rail in view of the burger van on hawkhill ave, not had any probs.

The Tubs
22-04-2010, 03:13 PM
I've used my old bike a few times and chained it on the rail in view of the burger van on hawkhill ave, not had any probs.

Seconded

speedy_gonzales
22-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Think I'll leave it at the waverley where there are proper bike racks and cameras.
Normally I could roll out my old boneshaker but I'm out on my 'fast' bike in the morning, nearly £1000 for the frame alone, not gonna take my chances with that, especially as the knuckle draggers from the west are expecting a party!
I don't wanna leave anything nice and shiny in their view, their 'urges' run deep and the poor wee lambs can't be expected to behave themselves like civilised people!

givescotlandfreedom
22-04-2010, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Think I'll leave it at the waverley where there are proper bike racks and cameras.
Normally I could roll out my old boneshaker but I'm out on my 'fast' bike in the morning, nearly £1000 for the frame alone, not gonna take my chances with that, especially as the knuckle draggers from the west are expecting a party!
I don't wanna leave anything nice and shiny in their view, their 'urges' run deep and the poor wee lambs can't be expected to behave themselves like civilised people!

If you leave it at the (quieter) spaces at platform 3 you'll be right by the Calton Road exit to head to ER.

steviecarnie
22-04-2010, 09:30 PM

you usually need to have a key for the underground car park as my mate lives in those flats.

chrisski33
22-04-2010, 09:51 PM
i wouldnt risk waverley! Mate had his 2grand bike nicked there! Use two top of range locks if u do!

jakedance
22-04-2010, 10:10 PM

I've used the same one many times. There is plenty security round and if the car park is good enough for the players cars it should be safe enough for bikes.

Frogga
23-04-2010, 01:13 AM
you usually need to have a key for the underground car park as my mate lives in those flats.

Hmmm the one I used was open-air parking.

Its just a wee underpass to a car park. Didn't need a key.