PDA

View Full Version : Think about how rediculous it is...

Rivers Cuomo
19-04-2010, 08:34 AM
That we dont actually have a senior right back at the club. Its actually mystifying when you think about it :confused::confused::confused:

Perspective
19-04-2010, 08:54 AM
It's a farce.

Presumably Yogi must have felt he had a signing in the bag before letting David van Zanten go.

I know he wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but he was at least steady and dependable in his natural position.

Wotherspoon has been fine, but he probably has the best delivery out of anyone in the team and is wasted that far back the pitch.

What I'd give for a Murphy or Whittaker in this team...

noseyhibby
19-04-2010, 08:56 AM
That we dont actually have a senior right back at the club. Its actually mystifying when you think about it :confused::confused::confused:

I can only think that most players are right-footed and could adapt to the right back slot. There would appear to be a lot less left-footed players, making the left back slot more a priority.

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2010, 09:02 AM
I suppose McCann's our right-back with Wotherspoon, McCormack, Thiciot and Cregg (sure I read that on here) all able to play there.

Yogi probably didn't expect McCann to keep picking up so many niggles.

Biffa Bacon
19-04-2010, 09:52 AM
I suppose McCann's our right-back with Wotherspoon, McCormack, Thiciot and Cregg (sure I read that on here) all able to play there.

Yogi probably didn't expect McCann to keep picking up so many niggles.

What's the latest with McCann anyway? Is he ever going to full recover considering he has played about one competitive game in about 2 years?

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2010, 09:53 AM
What's the latest with McCann anyway? Is he ever going to full recover considering he has played about one competitive game in about 2 years?

I think he's been on the bench the last few weeks so must be about ready to make a comeback.

rainman
19-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Did Michael hart end up signing for somebody else? I thought he wouldve been a great signing for us.

J-C
19-04-2010, 09:56 AM
I think he's been on the bench the last few weeks so must be about ready to make a comeback.

Yep on the bench on saturday, obviously needing to get his fitness levels up before getting his start, not great to fling him into the deep end against McGeady in his first start of the year.

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Yep on the bench on saturday, obviously needing to get his fitness levels up before getting his start, not great to fling him into the deep end against McGeady in his first start of the year.

Having no reserve league doesn't help.

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Did Michael hart end up signing for somebody else? I thought he wouldve been a great signing for us.

I think he stayed where he was - they changed manager and he decided to give it another crack IIRC.

seanraff07
19-04-2010, 03:07 PM

Yep, i remember Dorrans absolutely ripping him, still a good RB with pace and would be a good signing.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-04-2010, 03:16 PM
We should have had someone in at right back, even on loan. We were never going to get a whole season out of Wotherspoon in his proper postion but to burn him out at the back was not a great idea. Taking McCann into account, I would have rather had two right backs than four goalies.