PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Eye Stye

.Sean.
12-04-2010, 06:18 AM
Anybody had one and if so what treatment was required and how long did it take to go away? Eye is currently half shut, painful and pretty bloodshot. An unpaid day off work I think :boo hoo: Absolute ****ing nightmare.

WeAreHibs
12-04-2010, 07:02 AM
Eye Stye

with my little eye.

WeAreHibs
12-04-2010, 07:11 AM
sorry fella - I couldnt resist.

This link tells you how to cure it using a teabag if you've not already tried, or should I say steyed :wink:

http://www.wikihow.com/Cure-a-Stye

.Sean.
12-04-2010, 07:41 AM
sorry fella - I couldnt resist.

This link tells you how to cure it using a teabag if you've not already tried, or should I say steyed :wink:

http://www.wikihow.com/Cure-a-Stye (http://www.wikihow.com/Cure-a-Stye)
Currently lying in bed with a warm and wet teabag on my left eye :faf:

I'll report back in a bit.

Betty Boop
12-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Anybody had one and if so what treatment was required and how long did it take to go away? Eye is currently half shut, painful and pretty bloodshot. An unpaid day off work I think :boo hoo: Absolute ****ing nightmare.

Golden Eye ointment, and stay off the computer. :greengrin

steakbake
12-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Currently lying in bed with a warm and wet teabag on my left eye :faf:

I'll report back in a bit.

GoldenEye is the stuff you want. It's a really small tube of eye ointment that you would get from the chemist. It costs a bomb (5-6 quid) for what it is (like 15mils) but it works. And dinnae rub it.

Other things to do would be to ensure you're getting enough fruit n veg, water, fresh air and sleep. Styes usually attack when the body is running on empty.

If its not fully gone away in around a week or two, come back. Now go out would you...

.Sean.
12-04-2010, 11:17 AM
I've actually used the 'tea bag trick'- left an Earl Grey on the eye and it is much better, though not perfect but i'll give it another bash in a bit. Since I started my work 3 years ago, i've only had one day off due to attending a funeral. I've been in to work with stinking hangovers, sickness bugs etc as as an apprentice i'm not yet entitled to sick pay, yet i'm too vain to go in with a minging-looking eye. My wages wil be about £60 down this week :boo hoo:

ArabHibee
12-04-2010, 07:41 PM
I've actually used the 'tea bag trick'- left an Earl Grey on the eye and it is much better, though not perfect but i'll give it another bash in a bit. Since I started my work 3 years ago, i've only had one day off due to attending a funeral. I've been in to work with stinking hangovers, sickness bugs etc as as an apprentice i'm not yet entitled to sick pay, yet i'm too vain to go in with a minging-looking eye. My wages wil be about £60 down this week :boo hoo:

Check you oot - isn't Tetley posh enough for you? :wink:

Liam89
15-04-2010, 01:41 AM
Eye Stye

with my little eye.

I immediately thought that :faf::faf: Overtiredness can make you laugh.

.Sean.
15-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Pleased to say that it's gone :greengrin