PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Ladies

Mikeystewart
08-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Just seen the article on the hibs site the ladies beat aberdeen 9-0 not bad had a nosey at the league table in the link too 31 goals in 3 games also not bad:top marks

http://www.footballcentral.org/sfa/associations/scottish-womens-football/swpl/league-table.cfm

Gatecrasher
08-04-2010, 12:03 PM
:top marksa credit to the club

Allant1981
08-04-2010, 12:05 PM
im guessing they play a summer league rather than stupidly playing through the winter, if so it makes you wonder why the guys dont play in the summer also. wouldnt have all the problems of games being called off due to frozen pitches etc

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Get them on for Hamilton, can't be any worse than fannies we have now

:rolleyes:

:cool2:

bob12345
08-04-2010, 02:58 PM
im guessing they play a summer league rather than stupidly playing through the winter, if so it makes you wonder why the guys dont play in the summer also. wouldnt have all the problems of games being called off due to frozen pitches etc

They're running it for the ladies game for the first time this year, will be interesting to see results.

Andy74
08-04-2010, 03:35 PM
They're running it for the ladies game for the first time this year, will be interesting to see results.

Will it? :confused:

What's it going to tell anyone about senior men's football as a spectator sport?

With scorelines like we've seen so far it's not going to tell anyone much about the standard of football in the summer compared to the winter is it?

basehibby
08-04-2010, 05:22 PM
What a result for the ladees - good luck to them for the coming season!

bob12345
08-04-2010, 10:33 PM
Will it? :confused:

What's it going to tell anyone about senior men's football as a spectator sport?

With scorelines like we've seen so far it's not going to tell anyone much about the standard of football in the summer compared to the winter is it?

It's probably more relevant to youth level and amateurs than the professional game, because you are right - it's not a well spectated sport. But it can show the lower levels whether it is sustainable and if so, whether those who played in it preferred it - taking into account the pros, like playing in warmer weather and less postponements, against the cons - such as losing the majority of the summer break.

Sergy Pie
09-04-2010, 07:51 AM
The match report can be found on the home page here: http://www.hibsgirls.co.uk

This is the new site/content management system i've been developing for the club (I help coach the u17s). It's just gone live in the last month or so.There's a few features still to add and a couple of snags here and there but it's finished in the main.

cleanyman
09-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Good stuff from the Hibernian Ladies.
I think ill go and watch them during the Summer.

Hibee-Rocker
09-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Do they swap shirts at the end?

Sorry couldn't resist

RIP
09-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Ladies football is continuing to grow across the world. It's the fastest growing sport in the UK.

Cammy's team Letham Fc started their first lassies team in 2008 - now they have 5 teams across the age groups

Lassies will eventually start the game earlier and the standards will rise. My niece Lyndsey is 14 and has been playing for 8 years. She started in New Jersey, USA and now plays for the Pars.

Anyone else noticed that every Hollywood movie that features kids playing sport usually shows 'soccer'?

I saw 6 kids playing fitba in the park yesterday - 4 lads and 2 lassies

The times they are a changin!