PDA

View Full Version : New East Plans

Keith_M
06-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Doe anyone have a link to the architect plans for the new East Stand?

I've got one for the previous plans, for the two tier stand (Edinburgh Council Planning) but can't find an updated one for the single tier.

Thanks, Keekaboo.

:thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
06-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Try this.

http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/portal/submissions.do?action=ViewPublicCaseDetails&applicationRef=04/03230/VAR2

Keith_M
06-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Try this.

http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/portal/submissions.do?action=ViewPublicCaseDetails&applicationRef=04/03230/VAR2

Thanks

:thumbsup:

(Can't seem to open it at work but I'm sure it's the right one :wink:)

Antifa Hibs
06-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Works fine here. You'll need to PDF viewer to open it :agree:

fiolex1
06-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Just noticed on the drawing that the pitch will be below ground level.:confused:

clerriehibs
06-04-2010, 12:55 PM
I know there's no facilities or whatever planned, other than catering and toilets, but what will it be like inside the stand? It's going to be pretty cavernous, if it's just going to be a shell. With just a ground floor, there's going to be a bit of a premium on space for catering and toilets, and room to queue.

Peevemor
06-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Just noticed on the drawing that the pitch will be below ground level.:confused:

:agree: There are 4 (?) rows of seats between the existing pitch level and the concourse of the new stand.

Billy Whizz
06-04-2010, 01:32 PM
I know there's no facilities or whatever planned, other than catering and toilets, but what will it be like inside the stand? It's going to be pretty cavernous, if it's just going to be a shell. With just a ground floor, there's going to be a bit of a premium on space for catering and toilets, and room to queue.

I am presuming that the new East is fully enclosed in the Catering area's unlike Tynecastle?
It's hard to tell from the drawings but it looks it's not open at the back?

robinp
06-04-2010, 01:37 PM
I am presuming that the new East is fully enclosed in the Catering area's unlike Tynecastle?
It's hard to tell from the drawings but it looks it's not open at the back?

When I last looked at the drawings I got the impression it would pretty much be a large equivalent of what you get at Falkirk, or like the PBS but fully enclosed. It's going to be a no frills stand, but fully enclosed.

Billy Whizz
06-04-2010, 01:39 PM
When I last looked at the drawings I got the impression it would pretty much be a large equivalent of what you get at Falkirk, or like the PBS but fully enclosed. It's going to be a no frills stand, but fully enclosed.

Thanks.
If it's like Falkirk's new Stadium that will be fine unlike Tynecastle:thumbsup:

Leithenhibby
06-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Thanks.
If it's like Falkirk's new Stadium that will be fine unlike Tynecastle:thumbsup:

Nowhere on earth is like tynecastle, thank god...:wink:

It will be closed in as the Hearts have their servery on the first floor, only without windows...:greengrin

Ours will be very much like the lower West, North and South stands...:cool2:

jae
06-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Looks like the stand could be segregated between grid lines 8 and 9 if required for maybe a future semi final or international match etc.

A set of male and female toilets each and seperate catering facilities.

God forbid it could be handed over to one of the bigot brothers if they were going for title, depending on season ticket allocation of course.

The last option I would strongly oppose BTW.

joejoefaemexico
06-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Looks like the stand could be segregated between grid lines 8 and 9 if required for maybe a future semi final or international match etc.

A set of male and female toilets each and seperate catering facilities.

God forbid it could be handed over to one of the bigot brothers if they were going for title, depending on season ticket allocation of course.

The last option I would strongly oppose BTW.

the swinging doors along grid line 10 IIRC suggested that to me too mate.