PDA

View Full Version : Cilian Sheridan anyone??

Reaper
05-04-2010, 12:54 PM
If Celtic send him out on loan again or he gets emptied, would anyone like to see him at ER??? I've been impressed when I've seen him this season, holds the ball well, reasonable finisher. I know the ST J's fans like him??? Just a thought.

lucky
05-04-2010, 12:55 PM
No as he would not get a game

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2010, 12:58 PM
If we are to get a target man in, it has to be someone better than Nish. I have not seen a lot of sheridan, so cant comment on him, but we do need someone big/stong, who can bring our midfielders into the game better than we do at the moment.

houston1875
05-04-2010, 12:58 PM
If Celtic send him out on loan again or he gets emptied, would anyone like to see him at ER??? I've been impressed when I've seen him this season, holds the ball well, reasonable finisher. I know the ST J's fans like him??? Just a thought.

Is he left or right footed? scored the goal against the huns with left didnt he?

Westie1875
05-04-2010, 01:00 PM
I'd rather try to get O'Connor back.

houston1875
05-04-2010, 01:01 PM

Des?

Reaper
05-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Is he left or right footed? scored the goal against the huns with left didnt he?

I think he's left footed.

Reaper
05-04-2010, 01:03 PM

So would I, but are the board gonna pay 10k a week?? NO. Especially for a player who's hardly played for the last two years. Gary will be back in a Hibs shirt one day though according to my cousin.

Long suffering
05-04-2010, 01:59 PM
we dont need more strikers

Billychaotic182
05-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Would rather see kenny deuchar lol

Scotthibs1875
05-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Arguably the worst player in the SPL but always seems to score against us:bitchy:

HibeeDaz6270
05-04-2010, 04:09 PM
So would I, but are the board gonna pay 10k a week?? NO. Especially for a player who's hardly played for the last two years. Gary will be back in a Hibs shirt one day though according to my cousin.
And who's to say he wouldnt sign for less than 10k? Hibs could potentially be a very good move for O'Connor, it certainly hasnt done Stokes any harm. We all thought we had no chance to sign Stokes due to wages. If Garry O'Connor wants to come and we are interested, the 10k is irrelevant, He knows Hibs cannot pay that. I have no idea if he would be interested, but other people on here seem to think he is.

Reaper
05-04-2010, 05:39 PM
And who's to say he wouldnt sign for less than 10k? Hibs could potentially be a very good move for O'Connor, it certainly hasnt done Stokes any harm. We all thought we had no chance to sign Stokes due to wages. If Garry O'Connor wants to come and we are interested, the 10k is irrelevant, He knows Hibs cannot pay that. I have no idea if he would be interested, but other people on here seem to think he is.

He is interested but wants 8-10k a week, not necessarily basic but made up with appearance money etc. Would say that's still a step too far. Plus as I say he's struggled with injuries. He will move back to Hibs but it probably won't be his next move.

Reaper
05-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Arguably the worst player in the SPL but always seems to score against us:bitchy:

Eh????

Franck is God
05-04-2010, 06:05 PM

I think he's scored 2 league goals this season and has played most games for them too, I'm sure he works hard for the team but he's not a reliable or regular scorer.

Cocaine&Caviar
05-04-2010, 06:41 PM
I think he's out of contract in the summer.

PeterboroHibee
05-04-2010, 06:48 PM
If youre looking at St Johnstone players then wouldnt look past Liam Craig, looks alot better than alot of the midfielders at Hibs and isnt a midget.

noseyhibby
05-04-2010, 07:07 PM
How about nabbing a mixture of players from Ross County, St.Johnstone and Dundee United:wink:

hibsbollah
05-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Scored a great goal the other night. Unfortunately, his name counts him out. No 'Cilian' should ever get a game for Hibs.:grr:

SalfordHibs
05-04-2010, 08:56 PM

Think he would be a great signing, my mate who's a Celtic fan watched him playing for the reserves and he scored a barrell load of goals.

Scotthibs1875
05-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Eh????
He hadn't scored for over a year before he scored against in the 5-1 game. What have you seen that makes you think he is a good player?

HibbyKeith
05-04-2010, 11:08 PM
If youre looking at St Johnstone players then wouldnt look past Liam Craig, looks alot better than alot of the midfielders at Hibs and isnt a midget.

after tonights performance im begining to wonder if hes a :jamboid:

:greengrin

jae
05-04-2010, 11:55 PM
after tonights performance im begining to wonder if hes a :jamboid:

:greengrin

Was watching the game with my Jambo mate and was saying how I would fancy Craig at Hibs.

Goes on to miss a pen and then misses tackle for Utd goal.

Mate says "He's a player I'd like to see at Hibs too" :grr::grr:

CRAZYHIBBY
06-04-2010, 07:47 AM
from what ive heard Celtic are already trying to use Sheridan + cash in a deal for stokes. Obviously its to be taken with a pinch of salt, but riordan is suposedly interesting Rangers and Benji is suposedly wanted by Kilmarnock motherwell and st mirren.............................just rumours mind

PeterboroHibee
06-04-2010, 07:56 AM
Was watching the game with my Jambo mate and was saying how I would fancy Craig at Hibs.

Goes on to miss a pen and then misses tackle for Utd goal.

Mate says "He's a player I'd like to see at Hibs too" :grr::grr:

He did look good up until the penalty miss though, was causing the United RB so much trouble. The ref making him move the ball clearly played with his mind, maybe not the best quality if he loses it so easily, but every other time Ive seen him hes been quality, would still take him at Hibs.

Hes also got about 10 goals for them this season, while Im sure a few of them are penalties its still a good scoring record for a midfielder in the SPL, something we dont seem to have.

JackRegan
06-04-2010, 08:08 AM
Complete Dud. Avoid.

ahibby
06-04-2010, 08:30 AM
I don't think he is a great player even by forwards standards. Stokes is better. Sheridan does have more pace and was tenacious and constructive in our demolition up there but one swallow doesn't make a summer. If he is out of contract soon then expect him to play better than he does in average games so if he doesn't set the heather on fire in a similar way to Ian Murray in the six months leading up to his new contract, then alarm bells should sound. Maybe worth watching but I definitely wouldn't relish losing Stokes for him.

Hibs On Tour
06-04-2010, 10:27 AM
Would rather promote Byrne from our bench/recall from loan than bring in an average striker... what's the point in our having a training centre and producing cracking U19 teams if we bring in average players instead of promoting from within?... :bitchy: