PDA

View Full Version : Puma

mightycabbage
04-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Not seen anything posted yet, I am not a regular poster, more of a keen reader. I have heard that our strips next season will be made by Puma, not sure when an announcement will be made. Don't know how long a deal has been signed or anything.

Come through somebody from the club.

Just hope we get sleeves on our strip :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
04-04-2010, 08:12 PM
I've heard different :wink:

MSK
04-04-2010, 08:13 PM
I've heard different :wink:Ive heard the same as the OP heard ..

HONG KONG PHOOEY
04-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Yip heard it was Puma from a coach at Easter Road a while ago, don't know why they are waiting to announce it but maybe a contract thing.

Scooter
04-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Yip heard it was Puma from a coach at Easter Road a while ago, don't know why they are waiting to announce it but maybe a contract thing.

maybe trying to make it a suprise :dunno:

we will no soon enough :wink:

Scooter
04-04-2010, 08:36 PM
I've heard different :wink:

hibs might actually look like a bunch of ... (womans genitalia) after all :wink:

hibsboy90
04-04-2010, 08:44 PM
hibs might actually look like a bunch of ... (womans genitalia) after all :wink:
Growler? (http://www.growlercouture.com/about.html)

:hide::duck:

Hainan Hibs
04-04-2010, 08:45 PM
I'd be really happy with getting Puma to do the shirts.

gobragh1875
04-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Some one better tell the firm making the seats for the east stand as it seems that a few are white and spell out ADIDAS

zlatan
04-04-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm more excited about the conclusion to this drama than I am the battle for 4th place.

EH6 Hibby
04-04-2010, 09:31 PM

As soon as it's announced sales of the Le Coq Sportif stuff will ground to a halt, so they'll be leaving it as late as possible to make the announcment! :agree:

sleeping giant
04-04-2010, 09:41 PM
As soon as it's announced sales of the Le Coq Sportif stuff will ground to a halt, so they'll be leaving it as late as possible to make the announcment! :agree:

Its nearly all away !

They just had a small top and HUGE shorts left in the yellow strip.:greengrin £3 each !!
Red Goalkeeper top £7 Shorts £3

Thats a cracking price for the Goalkeeping kit as it looks great with a pair of white gloves:greengrin

I was nearly tempted with the watches but ended up walking out and spending nowt:greengrin

EH6 Hibby
04-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Its nearly all away !

They just had a small top and HUGE shorts left in the yellow strip.:greengrin £3 each !!
Red Goalkeeper top £7 Shorts £3

Thats a cracking price for the Goalkeeping kit as it looks great with a pair of white gloves:greengrin

I was nearly tempted with the watches but ended up walking out and spending nowt:greengrin

:hijack:

You didn't happen to notice if they had the kids sizes in the goalie strip for that price did you? My son's been wanting one for a while but he's already got the home and away this season so he wasn't getting another one at those prices.

sleeping giant
04-04-2010, 09:54 PM

You didn't happen to notice if they had the kids sizes in the goalie strip for that price did you? My son's been wanting one for a while but he's already got the home and away this season so he wasn't getting another one at those prices.

I think they did !

I asked my son if he wanted it but he said he already had it :greengrin
Never seen it on him in ages :grr:

sleeping giant
04-04-2010, 09:55 PM

http://www.hibsshop.co.uk/list-60-prodlist-247

EH6 Hibby
04-04-2010, 10:03 PM
http://www.hibsshop.co.uk/list-60-prodlist-247 (http://www.hibsshop.co.uk/list-60-prodlist-247)

Excellent, I'll go up tomorrow and get him one, doesn't matter if it's out of date soon at that price! :thumbsup:

sleeping giant
04-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Excellent, I'll go up tomorrow and get him one, doesn't matter if it's out of date soon at that price! :thumbsup:

Its a very smart kit :thumbsup:

Thinking about getting one for myself :faf:

CFC
05-04-2010, 04:45 AM
When is the new kit being released?

bighairyfaeleith
05-04-2010, 07:08 AM
When is the new kit being released?

Wedensday morning 9am:wink:

Probably be a queue at the shop though so get in early!!

MyJo
05-04-2010, 09:23 AM

notice that the big "easter sale" this weekend was for Le Coq Sportif branded gear only :greengrin

and if it is puma.......:hmmm:
http://www.footballshirtculture.com/images/burnley-10-11-puma-home-kit.jpg

Cocaine&Caviar
05-04-2010, 09:36 AM
notice that the big "easter sale" this weekend was for Le Coq Sportif branded gear only :greengrin

and if it is puma.......:hmmm:
http://www.footballshirtculture.com/images/burnley-10-11-puma-home-kit.jpg

Can any of the graphic designers among us mock up a Hibs Puma Shirt from that template?

Just Jimmy
05-04-2010, 09:38 AM
If they have a contract with Le Coc, They'll have rights on Hibs gear until the last date on the deal.

Say it finishes on 1st May, they won't be able to flog new gear until 2nd May.

At least I'd imagine this to be the case.

bubblesmorrison
05-04-2010, 10:18 AM

dam it everyone go and buy sumthing from the shop so we can get rid of all the le coq sportif stuff and get a new brand in :greengrin

km2007
05-04-2010, 10:30 AM
I've heard different:wink:

and it's better than puma....

sleeping giant
05-04-2010, 10:31 AM
I've heard different:wink:

and it's better than puma....

:agree:

Matalan

Judas Iscariot
05-04-2010, 10:34 AM
:agree:

Matalan

Nope..

TK Maxx

MyJo
05-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Nope..

TK Maxx

Primark :greengrin

km2007
05-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Primark :greengrin

George.... at ASDA!:thumbsup:

Petrie's Tache
05-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Can everyone ITK spill the beans and we will see what pans out?

Scooter
05-04-2010, 12:38 PM
All I'll say is we will have a new kit sponcer.

Hibs will not be quick to announce it, trying to make it a big suprise :wink: we won't have to wait long.

I might post something on the PM board just before it's announced

km2007
05-04-2010, 01:14 PM

Hibs will not be quick to announce it, trying to make it a big suprise :wink: we won't have to wait long.

All I can say, if it's who I think it is, smart strip :D

Judas Iscariot
05-04-2010, 03:12 PM

This is like a JFK assination sized cover up :cool2:

DarrenSQH
05-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Was at the club shop today. Got the red goalie shorts and socks.

Also got the black third/goalie strip with short sleeves for a tenner. Didn't even think we sold the top with short sleeves.

The boy working said new kit will be announced at end of season and on sale in June.

jae
05-04-2010, 04:43 PM
FAO Marinello59 acronym?

bighairyfaeleith
06-04-2010, 01:30 PM
I reckon Nike

Teo10
06-04-2010, 01:48 PM

Sly eez a wee PM when you know Archie:greengrin

IWasThere2016
06-04-2010, 08:32 PM
I reckon Adidas .. Have said so before :cool2:

scoopyboy
06-04-2010, 08:34 PM
I believe it's Puma.

IWasThere2016
06-04-2010, 08:37 PM
I believe it's Puma.

That's a change from a near thing 10/11 months ago then :wink:

scoopyboy
06-04-2010, 08:41 PM
That's a change from n ear thing 10/11 months ago then :wink:

I had heard that Adidas were as good as signed up last season but the top blokes at Adidas HQ put a stop to it at the last moment due to recession.

LCS got a 1 year deal because of the late change of mind.

I'm positive LCS are history and as I said earlier I would bet Puma.

IWasThere2016
06-04-2010, 08:49 PM
I had heard that Adidas were as good as signed up last season but the top blokes at Adidas HQ put a stop to it at the last moment due to recession.

LCS got a 1 year deal because of the late change of mind.

I'm positive LCS are history and as I said earlier I would bet Puma.

You heard correct .. I haven't heard about recent developments but kind of expect Adidas back to the table.

Time'll tell ..

scoopyboy
06-04-2010, 08:54 PM
You heard correct .. I haven't heard about recent developments but kind of expect Adidas back to the table.

Time'll tell ..

Adidas are the best quality tops we have ever had IMO.

Still got all my Hibs tops and the Frank Graham Group one that I wore to Liege is still as good as new.

I would take Adidas in a minute.

IWasThere2016
06-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Adidas are the best quality tops we have ever had IMO.

Still got all my Hibs tops and the Frank Graham Group one that I wore to Liege is still as good as new.

I would take Adidas in a minute.

I've phoned a friend, used ma 50:50 and asked the audience and would like to change ma mind :wink:

HibbyKeith
09-04-2010, 02:41 PM
just watched hibs tv interview with yogi (part 2) towards the end yogi talking about next season,

"bigger pitch, better surface, new stand hopefully playing in europe, think we're going with Puma, you can see all the fans with all the new gear on, a right good.... you know.... i think you go adidas, nike, puma reebok, probably the four when your talking about sportswear, you know.. the same as totenham, puma"

Puma it is then. look forward to some decent stuff in the shop next season.

.Sean.
10-04-2010, 08:52 AM
just watched hibs tv interview with yogi (part 2) towards the end yogi talking about next season,

"bigger pitch, better surface, new stand hopefully playing in europe, think we're going with Puma, you can see all the fans with all the new gear on, a right good.... you know.... i think you go adidas, nike, puma reebok, probably the four when your talking about sportswear, you know.. the same as totenham, puma"

Puma it is then. look forward to some decent stuff in the shop next season.

No biggie signing with Puma. In the SPL it's worn by Falkirk and is adorned in the First Division by the might of Dunfermline and Raith Rovers.

CallumLaidlaw
10-04-2010, 09:29 AM
No biggie signing with Puma. In the SPL it's worn by Falkirk and is adorned in the First Division by the might of Dunfermline and Raith Rovers.

At the end of the day, they are a good, well recognized brand, and I dont care who else they make for as long as they do a good job.

MrSmith
10-04-2010, 09:34 AM
As long as is isn't nike! Would never buy a Hibs strip with nike on it!

MyJo
10-04-2010, 09:35 AM

would you rather we were sponsored by some of the EPL kitmakers then??

Like Vandanel, Errea, Canterbury, Xtep :dunno:

this is just the whole "McEwan Fraser" sponsorship snobbery all over again

Allant1981
10-04-2010, 09:36 AM
As long as is isn't nike! Would never buy a Hibs strip with nike on it!

why?

PC Stamp
10-04-2010, 09:46 AM
No biggie signing with Puma. In the SPL it's worn by Falkirk and is adorned in the First Division by the might of Dunfermline and Raith Rovers. That's a strange comment????

If it is Puma we go with, then by your take Adidas would be no biggie either being as they supply Ross County and a large number of teams in the lower English Divisions.

Puma for being "no biggie" will be supplying around a third of the teams in South Africa including the current world champions!

JON6207
10-04-2010, 09:55 AM
www.genesisgroup.co.uk/our-customers/

Allant1981
10-04-2010, 10:04 AM
www.genesisgroup.co.uk/our-customers/ (http://www.genesisgroup.co.uk/our-customers/)

looks like its a done deal then

Hibernia Na Eir
10-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Nike = hamilton and stranraer, adidas = ross county, puma = raith, umbro= small irish teams, so bloody what! Who gives a toss?, its what we do on the park that counts next season

MrSmith
10-04-2010, 10:11 AM
why?

Sweatshops, child abuse, murder, need I go on?

cocopops1875
10-04-2010, 10:11 AM
looks like its a done deal then

at the risk of sounding daft what does that mean exactly

zlatan
10-04-2010, 10:14 AM

Looks like one of those deals Aberdeen and Dundee United have with Nike.

edit - it definitely is, it's a 3rd party mob but with a Puma logo stuck on it. In saying that the new Burnley kit is nice and they seem to be using the same mob.

James.
10-04-2010, 10:22 AM
www.genesisgroup.co.uk/our-customers/ (http://www.genesisgroup.co.uk/our-customers/)

The lesser greens too? Thought they had a deal with nike.

Allant1981
10-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Sweatshops, child abuse, murder, need I go on?

thats a bit extreme, do you have evidence to back this up? im sure their lawyers would have a field day with you

Allant1981
10-04-2010, 10:33 AM

that a deal is in place for puma to sponsor the club seeing as they list hibs as a customer

cocopops1875
10-04-2010, 10:34 AM
The lesser greens too? Thought they had a deal with nike.

exactly why i was confused :confused: this company could do all manner of work for us , the various age groups all have different sponsors im fairly sure the sporty chicken dont do all the printing hence we had short sleeved black shirts with no sponsor for sale:wink:

cocopops1875
10-04-2010, 10:36 AM
that a deal is in place for puma to sponsor the club seeing as they list hibs as a customer what is the link with them and puma tho and what is the link with puma and celtic:confused:

cocopops1875
10-04-2010, 10:40 AM
is it not totally likely they do our range of polo shirts, tshirts, sweaters from their lesure range:wink:

hibeeboy
10-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Genesis have the rights to sell the puma brand to clubs that do not deal direct with the manufacturer. a bit like the nike/nike teamwear brands. nike sponsor celtic and nike teamwear sponsor aberdeen. 2 completely different companies.

Genesis have the rights to sell different products through different names, and this includes things from scarves throught to generic clothing.

IF ( ;) ) hibs sign with puma, they will not be dealing with Genesis on the Puma front

Hibernia Na Eir
10-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Fulham wear Nike :confused:

hibeeboy
10-04-2010, 11:07 AM
http://www.genesisgroup.co.uk/leisurewear/

watch the images on the right on this page. this will explain the tie with hibs and genesis

cocopops1875
10-04-2010, 11:13 AM
http://www.genesisgroup.co.uk/leisurewear/

watch the images on the right on this page. this will explain the tie with hibs and genesis

Fine spot sir :thumbsup: kinda what i said but you indeed brought the goods :greengrin

Bristolhibby
10-04-2010, 12:11 PM
I am a Bath rugby fan and I have to say I have been well impressed with the Puma gear. I have a couple of rugby jerseys and a polo shirt which I wear often. The polo shirt in particular is very smart.

This season there was a camouflage European shirt, which not to everyones taste sold very well.

http://www.bathrugby.com/news/8908.php

These are the players shirts, the replicas were about £45.

J

Scooter
10-04-2010, 12:28 PM
hibs leisure wear is made by Genisis