PDA

View Full Version : no skill, no flair,no surprise !!!!

sauzee
04-04-2010, 02:17 PM
as it says on the tin

Pedantic_Hibee
04-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Sniff.

I thought we played well today, plenty graft, plenty endeavour and no shortage of neat passing moves.

Both teams struggled for the majority of the game on that pitch but we did well I thought and only a very unlucky penalty decision (albeit a correct decision) was the difference between ourselves and the team in 2nd place.

Carheenlea
04-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Sniff.

I thought we played well today, plenty graft, plenty endeavour and no shortage of neat passing moves.

Both teams struggled for the majority of the game on that pitch but we did well I thought and only a very unlucky penalty decision (albeit a correct decision) was the difference between ourselves and the team in 2nd place.

Absolutely, decent effort and matched Celtic throughout. Still a defeat, but not one to get too despondant over. A performance that points in the other direction :agree:

Liam89
04-04-2010, 02:34 PM
I thought we played brilliant today, determination within the team to win. They were swarming the celtic players and we were unlucky to lose.

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2010, 02:36 PM
as it says on the tin

No yams in Europe either.

hibeemikey21
04-04-2010, 02:38 PM
I thought we played brilliant today, determination within the team to win. They were swarming the celtic players and we were unlucky to lose.

To quote john McEnroe, "you cannot be serious!". I think it was a mediocre performance by two distinctly average teams. Mediocre however is a marked improvement for us so I'm not complaining!

Gettin' Auld
04-04-2010, 02:39 PM
That was a much improved display today.

bubblesmorrison
04-04-2010, 02:39 PM
as it says on the tin

take it you never watched the game mate? :bye:

bboy
04-04-2010, 02:43 PM
hibs were great today, what game were you watching,no luck in the game all that was missing:bitchy:

Westie1875
04-04-2010, 02:44 PM
as it says on the tin

Were you at the game caller?

What a load of pish :bye:

Hibs were much improved today and gave the smellies a fright, a draw would have been a very fair result but Richmond sorted that out.

Mikeystewart
04-04-2010, 02:52 PM
I thought we played a hell of a lot better than we have in recent weeks only thing we didn't do was put the ball in the net. Dealt with celtic's world beating threat of robbie kean rather comfortably other than the pen i dont remember him having a shot.

Booked4Being-Ugly
04-04-2010, 02:53 PM
OK, Hibs played better today but ffs we were still beat at home by a crap team that got humped 4-0 off of St Mirren!

TheMentalHibees
04-04-2010, 03:01 PM
Having actually been to the game (the OP definitley hadn't), today was a marked improvement compared with recent weeks. Showed the fight that has been seriously lacking, and looked composed on the ball at times. Second half we faded a little bit, and the penalty knocked the wind out of us a tad. We still seem to lack bite up front, and the hoof is still being used.

Penalty decision looked highly dubious. I had a great view of it, and it looked very harsh on Stokes whose eyes were firmly on the ball. Having said that, the referee couldn't wait to point to the spot. He had a good first half, I thought "finally, a consistent and coherent performance from Richmond". Safe to say my opinion changed dramatically during the second half. He seemed to be stifling play, on a number of occasions he pulled it back for a freekick when we had an advantage. Got a tad card happy as well, some needless bookings were given out in what wasn't a dirty game at all.

Overall, it was disappointing to lose in a game we at least deserved to draw, but it was a much much better performance.

Hibs90
04-04-2010, 03:08 PM
as it says on the tin

No brain, no class, no clue. Cheerio. :bye:

Hibby 2005
04-04-2010, 03:09 PM
There was a lot of industry but precious little skill and adventure bar Deek's one piece of magic.
We probably deserved a draw but I thought we were meant to be going for a win to try and get 3rd spot?
Yogi's line-up, which looked all too familiar, pretty much dictated that a draw against a poor, poor Celtic team was all we could hope for and he probably would have hailed it as a great result.

Bobo
04-04-2010, 03:11 PM
I thought it was a much improved performance as we had a lot more fight about us and deserved more.

If it hadn't been for the pathetically inept performances of the officials we would definitely have taken at least a point but some of the decisions today were unbelievable.

Our passing let us down badly and put us under unnecessary pressure at times but other than that it was a big improvement. I Thought Bamba & Murray were our best players and was surprised at how unfit (lazy) Stokes was?

Everything about Celtic is detestable they are corrupt institution full of cheats, a disease within Scottish Football that everyone has to tolerate and suffer.

I hate seeing them and their unwashed illiterate supporters at Easter Road and find it hard to stomach as I really do despise everything about them. :bitchy:

vahibbie
04-04-2010, 03:13 PM

Hardly brilliant.
We played better than usual in the first half at least.
Second half I thought we fell away badly and were pretty much back to recent standards.

Delboy*
04-04-2010, 03:14 PM
as it says on the tin

Utter p*sh pal, Far improved performance fi the cabbage today.

Disco Dave
04-04-2010, 03:29 PM
No brain, no class, no clue. Cheerio. :bye:

Indeed :top marks

Liam89
04-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Hardly brilliant.
We played better than usual in the first half at least.
Second half I thought we fell away badly and were pretty much back to recent standards.

Sorry, brilliant compared to recent performances.

Ritchie
04-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Was certainly an improvement today, just hope it's not a case of us raising our game for the old firm.

Time will tell......

Hibby 2005
04-04-2010, 03:39 PM
We tend to up our game for the OF, hopefully we'll see the same fight and determination against Hamilton.

lyonhibs
04-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Today's performance as a team was an improvement, no doubt. Having Cregg at the heart of things made a big difference, and I don't know if that's a sign of how pish things have become, or more because Cregg is actually grabbing his chance with both hands.

There was a lot of nice shuttling the ball from the wings to the centre of midfield and back again, but as neither Murray nor McComarck are much good at crossing the ball or beating their man, and Cregg/Rankin don't have that killer pass in them, there was precious little - dare I say it - penetration and service making its way through to Stokes/Riordan.

Hamilton away will be an excellent test to see whether that was just Hibs getting fired up for the OF, or if it actually represented a permanent and positive change in approach.

down-the-slope
04-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Big Big improvement - but one swallow does not make a spring :wink: - Thought the players really worked for each other and even where there were poor passes or the odd below par performances skill wise the effort was there with no one hiding.

Also good to see a bench with a few recent injured players getting back.

McCormack, Cregg, Thicot of teh 'fringe' players did themselves no harm either which is good as we need those in possesion of the jersey to know they have a fight to hang onto it

Keith_M
04-04-2010, 03:51 PM
I'd say that overall the performance was an improvement, certainly over recent games.

Still need Root and Branch surgery of the team for next season, though, if Hibs have any pretensions of challenging for Europe.

Phil D. Rolls
04-04-2010, 03:51 PM
as it says on the tin

Christ will somebody open a window?

euro Hibby
04-04-2010, 03:57 PM
I thought it was a bit huff and puff , certainly better than of late against the worst Celtic team for at Least 9 years ! Such effort might have got us a few points from other games but really 2 wins out of 12 have left the team a shadow of its former self. Possibly we did play above ourselves earlier in the season but with this lot we are likely not to see too much better. Assume Bamba and Miller are suspended now for a few games ??

HFC 0-7
04-04-2010, 04:04 PM

Brilliant? Dont think so! I thought we put in effort, something which has been seriously lacking for a while now, the team seemed to actually be up for this game, whether that was the manager or just because it was the old firm I dont know. I take these sorts of defeats when the team tried all over than the ones where we just throw the towel in!

sh00byd00
04-04-2010, 04:10 PM
OK, Hibs played better today but ffs we were still beat at home by a crap team that got humped 4-0 off of St Mirren!

Barring around 60 mins in total, Ross County played us off the park, so where does that leave us?

So what they got humped from St Mirren, that was in the past. It's safe to say if that fixture was to be replayed umpteen times they wouldn't get humped 4-0.

Mikeystewart
04-04-2010, 04:12 PM

sorry but anyone who thinks we are better than celtic are kidding themselves on most of there players would get into ours in an instant and the league table doesnt lie.

Sir David Gray
04-04-2010, 04:20 PM
The workrate was there but we lacked quality up front and rarely tested Zaluska.

It was an improvement on recent weeks, that's for sure, and I think we deserved a draw out of the game but that's really only because Celtic had the same lack of quality that we had. It was two mediocre sides out there today, I thought.

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2010, 04:29 PM
sorry but anyone who thinks we are better than celtic are kidding themselves on most of there players would get into ours in an instant and the league table doesnt lie.

I think you will find it does, apparently we are not 4th.

Golden Bear
04-04-2010, 04:30 PM
The performance was in keeping with what I'd expect after reading this in a Sunday paper. A direct quote from Yogi by the way:-

"Sometimes you just have to work harder. We've cut training down to an hour - short sharp, intense sessions to keep them fresh but making sure they're working at a high standard.

That doesn't mean they can't come back and do gym work, do their homework or watch football together"

Well all I can say it's nice to see that the lads are maximising the use of the facilities at East Mains in order to realise their full potential. I just hope the long working day does not interfere with their social lives.

paxtonhibby
04-04-2010, 04:39 PM
There was a lot of industry but precious little skill and adventure bar Deek's one piece of magic.
We probably deserved a draw but I thought we were meant to be going for a win to try and get 3rd spot?
Yogi's line-up, which looked all too familiar, pretty much dictated that a draw against a poor, poor Celtic team was all we could hope for and he probably would have hailed it as a great result.

Playing 433 against the smellies,and we were after a draw!Dont talk so much *****e.A much improved performance,maybe due to the fact the smells gave us plenty of room.It would have been a good result getting a draw because,believe it or not,celtic have better players than us.
Can we not cut them a bit of slack.....oh no sorry,its the Hibs Net:confused:

mikethehibee69
04-04-2010, 04:55 PM
:top marks
I thought it was a much improved performance as we had a lot more fight about us and deserved more.

If it hadn't been for the pathetically inept performances of the officials we would definitely have taken at least a point but some of the decisions today were unbelievable.

Our passing let us down badly and put us under unnecessary pressure at times but other than that it was a big improvement. I Thought Bamba & Murray were our best players and was surprised at how unfit (lazy) Stokes was?

Everything about Celtic is detestable they are corrupt institution full of cheats, a disease within Scottish Football that everyone has to tolerate and suffer.:faf:

I hate seeing them and their unwashed illiterate supporters at Easter Road and find it hard to stomach as I really do despise everything about them. :bitchy:

bighairyfaeleith
04-04-2010, 04:57 PM
much better, ok we where playing a fairly crap celtic side but apart from the penalty I never felt they were going to score.

I actually think the split might be good for us as every game will be important and something for the players to get up for.

Phil D. Rolls
04-04-2010, 05:21 PM
The performance was in keeping with what I'd expect after reading this in a Sunday paper. A direct quote from Yogi by the way:-

"Sometimes you just have to work harder. We've cut training down to an hour - short sharp, intense sessions to keep them fresh but making sure they're working at a high standard.

That doesn't mean they can't come back and do gym work, do their homework or watch football together"

Well all I can say it's nice to see that the lads are maximising the use of the facilities at East Mains in order to realise their full potential. I just hope the long working day does not interfere with their social lives.

You know a lot about training athletes then?

Aubenas
04-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Getting seriously fed up with all this negativity.
What we saw today was a team who have been stuttering, making an effort against a side who cost hundreds of thousands more than us and doing enough to gain a draw if it hadn't been for a dodgy decision. It's not where we would want Hibs to be, but given recent times, especially the performance v Dundee Utd, it showed a much improved attitude. Yes the forwards are still too slow, and yes the passing is woeful at times, but there was a bit of dig and a determination about them which bodes well. You have to give credit where credit's due. Keane has scored against some of the best teams in the world, yet he needed a penalty to get past our defence. Murray was absolutely immense today and I defy anyone on here to say Hibs means more to them than to him; Bamba played well, Rankin ran his heart out, McCormack didn't look overawed. It wasn't a bad effort; I think the soaps only had about 3 or 4 shots.

Some folk only seem happy if they're slagging Hibs. I feared a gubbing today, but the boys went head to head with Celtic and gave as good as they got. You can't legislate for Richmond's decisions.
GGTTH
:thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
04-04-2010, 05:26 PM
What we saw today was a team who have been stuttering, making an effort against a side who cost hundreds of thousands more than us and doing enough to gain a draw if it hadn't been for a dodgy decision. It's not where we would want Hibs to be, but given recent times, especially the performance v Dundee Utd, it showed a much improved attitude. Yes the forwards are still too slow, and yes the passing is woeful at times, but there was a bit of dig and a determination about them which bodes well. You have to give credit where credit's due. Keane has scored against some of the best teams in the world, yet he needed a penalty to get past our defence. Murray was absolutely immense today and I defy anyone on here to say Hibs means more to them than to him; Bamba played well, Rankin ran his heart out, McCormack didn't look overawed. It wasn't a bad effort; I think the soaps only had about 3 or 4 shots.

Some folk only seem happy if they're slagging Hibs. I feared a gubbing today, but the boys went head to head with Celtic and gave as good as they got. You can't legislate for Richmond's decisions.
GGTTH

:top marks Serious reality check for some is needed, and extermination of all the undercover Yams. This place has been hellish for weeks now.

Golden Bear
04-04-2010, 05:27 PM
You know a lot about training athletes then?

Can't honestly say i do. However I do know that the professional players in the top European leagues train both mornings and afternoons.

It stands to reason that the more you practice your skills then the better player you'll become.

But maybe not in Scotland it would seem.

Aubenas
04-04-2010, 05:27 PM

GGTTH

BEEJ
04-04-2010, 06:21 PM
What we saw today was a team who have been stuttering, making an effort against a side who cost hundreds of thousands more than us and doing enough to gain a draw if it hadn't been for a dodgy decision. It's not where we would want Hibs to be, but given recent times, especially the performance v Dundee Utd, it showed a much improved attitude.

You can't legislate for Richmond's decisions.
GGTTH
:agree: Today was not about getting a result, first and foremost.

It was about putting in a team performance that would give evidence that we were finally re-discovering our early season form; one on which we could build and move forward.

It sounds like we achieved that. Let's hope we can do the same next Saturday against Hamilton.

lyonhibs
04-04-2010, 06:44 PM
:agree: Today was not about getting a result, first and foremost.

It was about putting in a team performance that would give evidence that we were finally re-discovering our early season form; one on which we could build and move forward.

It sounds like we achieved that. Let's hope we can do the same next Saturday against Hamilton.

Really???

So home games against mis-firing Old Firm teams are to be taken as a loss before the game starts, and as long as the performance on the park in "achieving" that defeat is an improvement on the outright unacceptable dross we've been seeing recently, then that's ok is it??

I think not. Today had its positives, no doubt, but it is an ultimately dissappointing day, because yet again we come away with hee-haw from a home again and Dundee United's grasp on 3rd place becomes that little bit firmer.

Next Saturday will really tell whether that performance today was anything to build on, or just an improvement for the cameras against the Old Firm.

I'm hoping for, and expecting the former, but wouldn't be all that shocked if it was the latter to be honest.

Atalanta
04-04-2010, 06:52 PM
The team showed much more grit and determination than we have seen for many weeks. Just a shame that too often the accuracy on the final pass just wasn't there which meant that the Celtic goalkeeper didn't really have that much to do particularly in the second half.

Jonnyboy
04-04-2010, 07:26 PM
as it says on the tin

Tosh. Utter tosh ............... unless of course you're talking about the lesser greens?

Phil D. Rolls
04-04-2010, 07:29 PM
The team showed much more grit and determination than we have seen for many weeks. Just a shame that too often the accuracy on the final pass just wasn't there which meant that the Celtic goalkeeper didn't really have that much to do particularly in the second half.

It was the number of forced, and unforced errors with our final ball that let us down. The team certainly rolled up its sleeves, and with a bit of luck, Derek's audacious shot would have been six inches lower.

Much improved, IMO.

Alfred E Newman
04-04-2010, 07:40 PM

What do you know about a long working day? :wink:

basehibby
04-04-2010, 07:43 PM
as it says on the tin

SNIFF SNIFF - I smell a decidedly foosty Yam

WindyMiller
04-04-2010, 07:54 PM
It was the number of forced, and unforced errors with our final ball that let us down. The team certainly rolled up its sleeves, and with a bit of luck, Derek's audacious shot would have been six inches lower.

Much improved, IMO.

Precisely FR, hopefully something to build on for the next seven matches.

basehibby
04-04-2010, 07:55 PM
To quote john McEnroe, "you cannot be serious!". I think it was a mediocre performance by two distinctly average teams. Mediocre however is a marked improvement for us so I'm not complaining!

You spend too much time watching Sky telly - the top teams in the EPL/Spain etc are international all-stars teams these days - you live in Scotland - get used to it!
I saw a very competitive game between two sides deteremined to play enterprising football despite the state of the pitch - they succeeded in playing out a very entertaining game which we were unlucky to lose.

I will agree with you though in that the Hibs put out a markedly improved performance compared to their recent efforts - onwards and upwards???? We can live in hope!

Phil D. Rolls
04-04-2010, 08:09 PM
SNIFF SNIFF - I smell a decidedly foosty Yam

I think the use of the word "flair" in the title was a giveaway.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-04-2010, 08:14 PM
I think the use of the word "flair" in the title was a giveaway.

as an undercover agent, it's a performance on a par with the Polisman in 'Allo 'Allo!

Phil D. Rolls
04-04-2010, 08:15 PM
as an undercover agent, it's a performance on a par with the Polisman in 'Allo 'Allo!

:faf:

MSK
04-04-2010, 08:15 PM
SNIFF SNIFF - I smell a decidedly foosty YamWill you & the others gie it a rest please !!

Jonnyboy
04-04-2010, 08:17 PM

He posted because he was "pissing by the door" :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
04-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Can't honestly say i do. However I do know that the professional players in the top European leagues train both mornings and afternoons.

It stands to reason that the more you practice your skills then the better player you'll become.

But maybe not in Scotland it would seem.

I honestly don't know much either. I would have thought by this stage in the season, it would be time to leave off the intense physical stuff though.

The Harp
04-04-2010, 08:22 PM

GGTTH

I salute you, sir.:top marks You've stated everything I'm feeling about today's performance from the Hibees, but you've expressed it much more eloquently than I would have managed. Well done!
Just want to add that I was proud of them collectively today. That hasn't quite been the case recently.

basehibby
04-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Will you & the others gie it a rest please !!

Why?

Thee Op is well wide of the mark IMO and smells very smelly

Anto the Hibernian
04-04-2010, 08:34 PM
as it says on the tin

good post, infact what am i saying, you are mistaken and clearly a faceless wonder who knows brussel sprout :dummytit:

sauzee
04-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Why?

Thee Op is well wide of the mark IMO and smells very smelly

once again,cause an opinion is voiced that's in the minority on this site,they're singled out as being a jambo,:bitchy::bitchy:

Jonnyboy
04-04-2010, 08:47 PM
once again,cause an opinion is voiced that's in the minority on this site,they're singled out as being a jambo,:bitchy::bitchy:

You may not be a Jambo, I don't know but if you object to contrary opinion then posting may not be an option :wink:

MSK
04-04-2010, 08:51 PM
once again,cause an opinion is voiced that's in the minority on this site,they're singled out as being a jambo,:bitchy::bitchy:Just ignore them mate ..

sauzee
04-04-2010, 08:56 PM
You may not be a Jambo, I don't know but if you object to contrary opinion then posting may not be an option :wink:

it aint me who objects to cotrary posting,thats what a FORUM is for is it not:wink:

Jonnyboy
04-04-2010, 08:59 PM
it aint me who objects to cotrary posting,thats what a FORUM is for is it not:wink:

Indeed.

You have clear views on our performance today and your opening post and thread title display those but I'm afraid I disagree. We weren't brilliant today but we were good enough for a point and would have earned one if Richmond hadn't rewritten the rules :grr:

Anto the Hibernian
04-04-2010, 09:02 PM

People dont object to cotary posting , just the increasing amount of doh balls who post nonsense and ill informed paroachial views..of which this is one.

Your views are what makes the forum what it is though. :yawn:

sauzee
04-04-2010, 09:06 PM
People dont object to cotary posting , just the increasing amount of doh balls who post nonsense and ill informed paroachial views..of which this is one.

Your views are what makes the forum what it is though. :yawn:

aye ok,good son! maybee just not a blinkerd view

MSK
04-04-2010, 09:07 PM

Your views are what makes the forum what it is though. :yawn:So the guy posts his negative views & its deemed wrong ...how ****ing dare he on a discussion forum !!!!!

Perhaps we should ban everyone who posts negative views ...or at the very least tar tham as yams !!

chorley_fm
04-04-2010, 09:09 PM

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/11/19/article-1229244-0747D86C000005DC-254_468x626.jpg

'Good moaning'

BroxburnHibee
04-04-2010, 09:10 PM
So the guy posts his negative views & its deemed wrong ...how ****ing dare he on a discussion forum !!!!!

Perhaps we should ban everyone who posts negative views ...or at the very least tar tham as yams !!

Main board would be a ghost town if we did that....................

and I would never post :devil:

Anto the Hibernian
04-04-2010, 09:14 PM
So the guy posts his negative views & its deemed wrong ...how ****ing dare he on a discussion forum !!!!!

lol...calm down happy one!

I was merely mocking his view point, not his right to air his view point. I do think he is wrong.

No one should be banned , just pulled up for their misguided views. That is all.

MSK
04-04-2010, 09:26 PM
lol...calm down happy one!

I was merely mocking his view point, not his right to air his view point. I do think he is wrong.

No one should be banned , just pulled up for their misguided views. That is all.Apologies Anto ..dont know why i quoted you ..:confused:

monktonharp
04-04-2010, 09:43 PM
as it says on the tinyou canny have been at the match,surely? today was a much improved performance all round,and IMHO we never deserved to lose that match.the penalty descision,well I'll need to look at replays, but at the time I thought it was an unbelievable descision. we had some sterling performances out there today, back four were immense,midfield with Rankin,whom I dont rate were good,and given a wee break overall our front players could have won it for us. Deek's shot that hit the bar,would have been worth the entrance fee alone had it gone in.

basehibby
04-04-2010, 09:59 PM
aye ok,good son! maybee just not a blinkerd view

OK pal - your not a Yam - just thought your initial synopsis of the match was well wide of the mark - I thought the Hibs performance in open play today was better than that against Celtic at parkhead earlier in the season when we won!

Skill and Flair??? I thought we matched Celtic in that department today anyway but is that what we were really looking for? More belief and determination IMO and I was happy with that side of the performance - your OP so much ignores this that I thought you might be a Yam interloper trying to stir things up - so I said so - not that I give a sheight anyway :dunno:

MSK
04-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Why?

Thee Op is well wide of the mark IMO and smells very smellyI will tell you why ..the guy posted his opinion on a forum ..negative to you & negative to others on this thread ..however straight away he is tarred wi the yam brush ..

I agree wi a lot o negative threads these days, however does that make me a yam .?.perhaps im undercover !!!..well your the expert ..you would know !!

I know folk who have been driven away from hibs.net because of this pish ...some of you really need tae have a good look at yersels !!!

lEXO
04-04-2010, 10:43 PM
as it says on the tin
A lazy negative post that gives the team no credit for a better performance than they have given of late.Not good enough on the day but better than you give them credit for.The teams lost their way a bit, but they are not the only ones eh.

BEEJ
04-04-2010, 11:24 PM
Really???

So home games against mis-firing Old Firm teams are to be taken as a loss before the game starts, and as long as the performance on the park in "achieving" that defeat is an improvement on the outright unacceptable dross we've been seeing recently, then that's ok is it??
:rolleyes:

After the utter shambles of the last two months with team performances that have been utter dross (including most recently Wednesday against The Arabs) to expect a win today against a Celtic side under a new management team was, I believe, highly unrealistic. To have got a result would have been a bonus and we almost did.

Frankly I'm much more disappointed by our displays against lesser sides of late. It's against them that we have created this prolonged slump. To pull the team out of a steep dive against an OF side (even a fairly poor one) was a big ask.

I think not. Today had its positives, no doubt, but it is an ultimately dissappointing day, because yet again we come away with hee-haw from a home again and Dundee United's grasp on 3rd place becomes that little bit firmer.
This is undoubtedly where we differ. I no longer believe that we have a chance of 3rd this year. I think the problems in the side are far too deep-rooted and we need to start building for next season.

As ever, it's about expectations. A month ago I would have been angry about today's result; now it matters much less.

Next Saturday will really tell whether that performance today was anything to build on, or just an improvement for the cameras against the Old Firm.

I'm hoping for, and expecting the former, but wouldn't be all that shocked if it was the latter to be honest.
I agree with you there. I'm more in hope than expectation of three points at New Douglas Park.

Steve-O
05-04-2010, 12:34 AM
First game I have seen in a while and if that was as big an improvement as you are all saying I can't even imagine what the last few games must've been like.

Hibs looked to me like a team who were battling to avoid the drop, not a team who are supposed to be going for 3rd place. Yes there was a bit of 'fight' but there just seemed to be a total lack of quality all over the park and it was pretty depressing to watch at times.

Celtic were also utter guff.

basehibby
05-04-2010, 01:54 AM
I will tell you why ..the guy posted his opinion on a forum ..negative to you & negative to others on this thread ..however straight away he is tarred wi the yam brush ..

I agree wi a lot o negative threads these days, however does that make me a yam .?.perhaps im undercover !!!..well your the expert ..you would know !!

I know folk who have been driven away from hibs.net because of this pish ...some of you really need tae have a good look at yersels !!!

Not until page 2 - hardly straight away so give some credit whare it's due :wink:

My take is that the OP was responded to in a similar tone to the way it was put down - slightly hysterical while under the influence of alcholol and jumping to all the wrong conclusions.

MSK
05-04-2010, 02:25 AM
Not until page 2 - hardly straight away so give some credit whare it's due :wink:

My take is that the OP was responded to in a similar tone to the way it was put down - slightly hysterical while under the influence of alcholol and jumping to all the wrong conclusions.

Sniff.

.Post 2

No yams in Europe either.Post 5

If you are gonna challenge my points at least get yer research right ..:wink:

I cant disagree wi the second part of your post ..however my point is there are many folk out there who may register for hibs.net but get put off wi the constant "Sniff" or "LTYF" pish or if you dont post regularly but dare say something negative about the team then yer pounced upon..its pathetic & is gonna have to stop ..

IWasThere2016
05-04-2010, 05:56 AM
First game I have seen in a while and if that was as big an improvement as you are all saying I can't even imagine what the last few games must've been like.

Hibs looked to me like a team who were battling to avoid the drop, not a team who are supposed to be going for 3rd place. Yes there was a bit of 'fight' but there just seemed to be a total lack of quality all over the park and it was pretty depressing to watch at times.

Celtic were also utter guff.

S - you might not have noticed :wink: but I've been a prophet of doom for weeks now and that was an improvement at least in application, commitment and fight. Our best bits were still a ball over the top for Stokes, and the usual bit of Deeko magic as we are not creative enough.

IMHO there was skill on show, not enough flair and the result was no surprise although we were unlucky and it wasn't the capitulation/gubbing many would have expected.

I thought Cellic were mince, and Lennon hadn't done his homework by playing 4-3-3. Had he had 4 or 5 in midfield we'd have toiled.

However, doom-laden I've been for anyone to say there wasn't improvement is kidding only themselves - it was a better performance :agree:

That said, I don't see where the next win - via a decent convincing performance or not - is coming from.

alfieboi75
05-04-2010, 06:14 AM
Hibs did well. Although the team was disorganised on the pitch which annoyed me! Again!!!!:grr:

I felt positive after the game, and to lose the game based on THAT kind of penalty decision is shocking.

Hamilton on Saturday is a must win....I'm not accepting a draw and definitely not a DRAW!!

The team did well today, and must WIN against Hamilton!!!

:notworthy:

lyonhibs
05-04-2010, 09:16 AM
Hibs did well. Although the team was disorganised on the pitch which annoyed me! Again!!!!:grr:

I felt positive after the game, and to lose the game based on THAT kind of penalty decision is shocking.

Hamilton on Saturday is a must win....I'm not accepting a draw and definitely not a DRAW!!

The team did well today, and must WIN against Hamilton!!!

:notworthy:

So a defeat would be ok then??? :greengrin

It was a stick on penalty though - what Stokes thought he was doing trying to take that down in the box instead of just emptying it is beyond me.