PDA

View Full Version : Officials!!

borstalboy
01-04-2010, 01:05 PM
It appears to me after watching numerous poor referring performances that

A) You are no longer allowed to contest a decision or air your views about it .... Brian Rice being the prime example last night, asked the question why it was/wasn't a foul (cant remember which way it was) to the 4th official and the referee comes across and tells him no more?1....what has the game come to if you cant shout for a foul etc.

B) The Linesman, sorry, Assistant's, do absolutely nothing, whenever a ball goes out for a thrown in or corner/goal kick, whether it is 2 yards away or 25 yards away from them, they await the referee's decision before putting there flag up?!

C) None of them could call offside if it ran up and slapped them in the face!!!

Everyone has to explain themselves except for officials.....we all know the standard is poor, however, this is spoiling games!!

Just had to air my views, getting really annoyed and frustrated!!

Phil D. Rolls
01-04-2010, 01:17 PM
It appears to me after watching numerous poor referring performances that

A) You are no longer allowed to contest a decision or air your views about it .... Brian Rice being the prime example last night, asked the question why it was/wasn't a foul (cant remember which way it was) to the 4th official and the referee comes across and tells him no more?1....what has the game come to if you cant shout for a foul etc.

B) The Linesman, sorry, Assistant's, do absolutely nothing, whenever a ball goes out for a thrown in or corner/goal kick, whether it is 2 yards away or 25 yards away from them, they await the referee's decision before putting upthere flag up?!

C) None of them could call offside if it ran up and slapped them in the face!!!

Everyone has to explain themselves except for officials.....we all know the standard is poor, however, this is spoiling games!!

Just had to air my views, getting really annoyed with these performances!!

It's part and parcel of the game, I'm afraid. Personally, I think officials have improved immensely since all games have been televised. In the old days there were some jaw droppingly crooked decisions by officials in OF games.