PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson

Long suffering
31-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Sorry, but how bad has this guy become? It is truelly staggering how far back Stevenson has gone since his break through year. I actually think he does nothing. Looking at him today, he adds nothing in the way of physical presence (obvious I know), he appears anxious and nervous on the ball and looks for the first we safe pass to get rid of it, he doesn't get stuck in instead of making a challenge like rankin or cregg, he meerly shepherds the ball and player, and he never looks for the ball exemplified at throw ins where he makes a wishy half hearted attempt at pretending to call for the ball and then backs away.
I Still believe he is a limited player but I know he can show more than what he is showing but he just seems to be struck in box of fear at the moment.

Judas Iscariot
31-03-2010, 09:38 PM
He's ***** aye

Hibee_Lisa
31-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Never rated him,can't see what he brings to the team.

Judas Iscariot
31-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Never rated him,can't see what he brings to the team.

He tries :rolleyes:

vahibbie
31-03-2010, 09:43 PM
I forgot he was playing until he shyed away from the ball on their second goal:grr:
Sorry but he needs to move on.

Baader
31-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Sadly he has gone backwards and it's quite obvious he isn't really up to it.

Shame as I always want players who come through to be stalwarts for years. Don't really see much point in keeping him on after the season's end.

Long suffering
31-03-2010, 09:50 PM
the thing is i was thinking to myself, Id expect literally anyone within range of the first team to produce more than that. taggart on the bench or hogg playing in midfield would give us more than that.

Hainan Hibs
31-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Always wanted to give him a chance but enough is enough. He isn't good enough for us and his level is bottom six/Div 1 regular.

California-Hibs
31-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Said this for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages, the guys mince!

noseyhibby
31-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Sorry, but how bad has this guy become? It is truelly staggering how far back Stevenson has gone since his break through year. I actually think he does nothing. Looking at him today, he adds nothing in the way of physical presence (obvious I know), he appears anxious and nervous on the ball and looks for the first we safe pass to get rid of it, he doesn't get stuck in instead of making a challenge like rankin or cregg, he meerly shepherds the ball and player, and he never looks for the ball exemplified at throw ins where he makes a wishy half hearted attempt at pretending to call for the ball and then backs away.
I Still believe he is a limited player but I know he can show more than what he is showing but he just seems to be struck in box of fear at the moment.

:agree:

Bayern Bru
31-03-2010, 10:08 PM
He's got a lack of presence that hinders him. He's not nippy enough either to really be able to use that as a counter for his lack of presence.

Hibee_Lisa
31-03-2010, 10:10 PM
He tries :rolleyes:

True,wish I could get paid just for trying.

Judas Iscariot
31-03-2010, 10:13 PM
True,wish I could get paid just for trying.

My 2 dogs would try loads too, will see if I can get them a trial..

Hibee_Lisa
31-03-2010, 10:16 PM

My 2 dogs would try loads too, will see if I can get them a trial..

Would know doubt add abit of bite into the midfield is nothing else.

Jamesie
31-03-2010, 10:19 PM
You don't go from man of the match in the CIS Cup Final to playing like he is at the moment for no reason at all.

Another player who excelled under John Collins; oh how I wish JC was still in charge.

scoopyboy
31-03-2010, 10:53 PM
You don't go from man of the match in the CIS Cup Final to playing like he is at the moment for no reason at all.

Another player who excelled under John Collins; oh how I wish JC was still in charge.

He isn't good enough I'm afraid.

Never progressed in 3 years.

Rankin's bad enough but Stevenson is worse than him, at least Rankin is two footed. Stevenson is so one footed it is embarassing.

Don't even know what he's even meant to be, left back or midfielder. Who knows for that matter, even him.

Edinburgh Green
31-03-2010, 10:56 PM

You can if the final was a once off. The boy would struggle to get onto a first division teams midfield yet strolls into ours, jeez he actually makes chisolm look like essien!

Hainan Hibs
31-03-2010, 10:56 PM
You can if the final was a once off. The boy would struggle to get onto a first division teams midfield yet strolls into ours, jeez he actually makes chisolm look like essien!

You've just taken that too far:greengrin

Hibbyradge
31-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Lewis has played exactly one good game for us.

Hibbie_Cameron
31-03-2010, 10:59 PM
You would think because he is a defender that he would be able to put a tackle in, when playing in midfield

monktonharp
31-03-2010, 11:01 PM
He isn't good enough I'm afraid.

Never progressed in 3 years.

Rankin's bad enough but Stevenson is worse than him, at least Rankin is two footed. Stevenson is so one footed it is embarassing.

Don't even know what he's even meant to be, left back or midfielder. Who knows for that matter, even him.:agree:brings nothing to the table,in our present set up. i've tried to like him but he's making it veeeery hard.

The_Horde
31-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Lewis has played exactly one decent game for us.

Fixed that.

Hakim Sar
31-03-2010, 11:09 PM
There is not one feature of his game that makes you think he has enough to stay with us

I'd happily sell him for 30k to a 1st division team.

Del Boy
31-03-2010, 11:21 PM
bin him, he's destined for Morton/Airdrie or worse:grr:

lEXO
31-03-2010, 11:34 PM
You could bin half the guys that played tonight.Any coincidence that him and Thicot havent played most of the season and are brought in to a side that is struggling.i dont think he is any worse than any other player at the moment.Another thread is slating Miller, another Rankin and probably more on other players.The team is struggling and that is down to more than one player.
I,m more hacked off with our one dimensional style of play, and lack of pace in the team.That is not just Stevensons or whoevers fault.It is down to the team.The manager signs the players and picks the team.How about a right back for a start.Somebody over 5 foot 9 for a start.

Perspective
31-03-2010, 11:36 PM
He's a much better player than he's showing.

On form - and, crucially, confident - he's a good midfielder. Good first touch, tidy passing with good movement to show for the ball.

Sadly he's unrecognisable from that guy at present. He's clearly devoid of confidence, sticks to playing 'safe' passes and will probably have to take a step backwards to move forwards again.

Interesting that the much-maligned JC managed to win at Ibrox (only us and Lyon did that season), dominating with a team featuring the likes of Lewis, Chisholm, Morais, MAC and O'Brien.

NOLA
31-03-2010, 11:46 PM
He's a much better player than he's showing.

On form - and, crucially, confident - he's a good midfielder. Good first touch, tidy passing with good movement to show for the ball.

Sadly he's unrecognisable from that guy at present. He's clearly devoid of confidence, sticks to playing 'safe' passes and will probably have to take a step backwards to move forwards again.

Interesting that the much-maligned JC managed to win at Ibrox (only us and Lyon did that season), dominating with a team featuring the likes of Lewis, Chisholm, Morais, MAC and O'Brien.

the fact is, he has no confidence, spoken to guys that were there, he,s trying, but is scared, the cancellation of the reserve league might just have hit us the most,add to that wer'e not playing well, the player himself knows that, scary stuff, glad for some players the east wasn't there!