PDA

View Full Version : McKay The Business Brain of Britain

Phil D. Rolls
25-03-2010, 09:07 PM
Following Gary McKay's revelation that Hibs have the best business model in Britain, I've been trawling the internet to find out how he arrived at this conclusion.

After visiting accidentally visiting some embarassing "adult sites", which I can fully explain to the missus and police. I decided to alter my search terms from "talking+fanny+Yam+bollocks", to "civilisation West Edinburgh".

I stumbled upon this:

I've been following football long enough to know what goes around comes around.

That's why, I can say with 110% certainty that, if I am right today, I'll be wrong tomorrow. It's the nature of the game, and so the best thing to do is say nothing.

That's why I was delighted to be given this column in the Gorgie and Area Supporters of Hearts (GASH). Because let's face it, what's life if you can't offer your opinions.

That's why I think it is better to keep your own counsel, and let the phone ring when the press call. Let's face it - when opporchancity calls you pick it up on the first ring. It makes sense.

Take running a football club, of which Championship Manager has given me lots of experience. If you've never done it, you don't know what it's like. If you have done it, you know only too well.

That's why I say, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. If I was on Come Dine With Me, I'd say the same thing. It's not about who you know it's what you know. Who can argue with that?

Anyway, when they asked me what I thought would be the best way to run a business model for a football club. I naturally had to think about it.

My answer comes with qualifications, of which I have a few, including a life savers badge from the BB in Portobello. What I say is, if a Hibs fan asks you, you say it's Hibs way. If a Hearts fan asks you, you say it's Hearts.

And if the press ask you, you say - would you like me to pose for an amusing picture demanding that fans buy season tickets. It makes sense and it gives everyone a chuckle, whilst raising awareness of serious issues that affect wur community.

Hibs definitely have the right business model (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=760681&sec=scotland&root=scotland&cc=5739) I've been saying that for years. Ever since I said that you have to borrow heavily if your team is to progress.

Just ask Mr Romanov, and if he asks who sent you, just tell him it was Carlos. Everybody knows me, I am a popular and respected Hearts legend, and once scored a goal for Scotland.

That's why I have no comment to make whatsoever. I think that's right, and will continue to do so until another journalist gets my number.

Bad Martini
25-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Following Gary McKay's revelation that Hibs have the best business model in Britain, I've been trawling the internet to find out how he arrived at this conclusion.

After visiting accidentally visiting some embarassing "adult sites", which I can fully explain to the missus and police. I decided to alter my search terms from "talking+fanny+Yam+bollocks", to "civilisation West Edinburgh".

I stumbled upon this:

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

Vintage radgeness mate. :thumbsup:

BroxburnHibee
25-03-2010, 09:11 PM
:top marks

Phil D. Rolls
26-03-2010, 05:22 PM
:faf::faf::faf::faf:

Vintage radgeness mate. :thumbsup:

You couldn't make it up.