PDA

View Full Version : Team Vs Falkirk

Chuck Rhoades
25-03-2010, 12:00 PM
I would like to see the following team and formation.

Brown (Stack/Smith both had their turn IMO)

Hanlon (If fit, if not Murray)
Murray (If not playing LB)
Bamba
Wotherspoon (I know he is not a natural RB, but has played his best Football this season in that position)

Riordan (Some will disagree because he is a ST)
Miller
McBride
Zemamma (If fit, if not Spoony RM, Hogg RB)

Stokes (Scores goals, end of.)
Benji (Everytime he comes on he does not win the games but IMO changes them. He is strong, can hold the ball up and hopefully play in Stokes/Wingers. I honestly think he needs to start games in a 4-4-2 with Stokes. Got a feeling it could be a great partnership.

Bad feeling about the game, but hopefully a Hibs win. Clean sheet would be lovely.

GGTTH

7heaven
25-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Wotherspoon needs a rest.
On Tuesday he left Thicot exposed most of the game.
Thicot had two players to contend with because spoony kept moving towards the middle of the pitch.
As the players came off at half-time Yogi gave Thicot a right mouthfull.
It should have been Wotherspoon that got the mouthfull.
Yigi was out of order.

Aldo
25-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Brown
McCormack hogg hanlon(or bamba) Murray (or Hanlon)
Wotherspoon Miller Bamba (or Murray) Galbraith
Stokes Riordan (or benji)

Brown deserves his chance and if fit both Hogg and Hanlon should come back into the frame.

We need leaders on Sat and a team that plays for each other and chases every lost cause.

GreenPJ
25-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Brown
McCormack hogg hanlon(or bamba) Murray (or Hanlon)
Wotherspoon Miller Bamba (or Murray) Galbraith
Stokes Riordan (or benji)

Brown deserves his chance and if fit both Hogg and Hanlon should come back into the frame.

We need leaders on Sat and a team that plays for each other and chases every lost cause.

:agree: I would put Bamba in midfield for two reasons, the dig and drive but also I do think he can be a liability at the back. Its the Rob Jones/Colin Hendry school of defending at times going diving in and going into areas that are not his to cover and as a result is out of position and other defenders don't know what is going on.

Galbraith and Wotherspoon would hopefully allow us to keep some width. McCormack should be told that this is his opportunity to start to make right some of his previous wrongs and hopefully have him focussed.

Judas Iscariot
25-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Stack

Wotherspoon Thicot Hanlon Murray

Zemamma Bamba Miller Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

That team would pump Falkirk :agree:

SalfordHibs
25-03-2010, 12:22 PM
Stack

Stokes Riordan

I like that team, i just hope Yogi goes with the formation of 442. Do you think Smith will be dropped, it cant be doing him or Stack any great confidence if they are being dropped after one game.

MB62
25-03-2010, 12:23 PM
As the saying goes, If it ain't broke don't fix it, well unfortunately we have some severe fractures appearing and can't buy a new team until the summer, some superglue is needed to hold our season together until then.

Assuming/hoping that everyone selected below is now fit, this would be my team and shape for Saturday.

Brown

Hogg Hanlon Murray

Thicot Bamba

Wotherspoon Miller Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

Reasons for this is, Brown now deserves his chance, otherwise there was no point in signing the man and he has been a waste of a wage.

We need Bamba away from the centre of defence, he has become a liability in there (I actually think it was him that scored the winner on Tuesday, it looked like an O.G. to me). Last season, he and Thicot formed quite a good partnership in that particular role, IMO, and nullified a good Celtc midfield at ER.
I feel we have to get back to 'not losing goals' then build on that and the Thicot/Bamba combination gives us extra defensive cover when needed, but also toughens up the midfield too.
Wotherspoon/Miller/Galbraith gives three football players who should be able to support our front TWO whilst also again add defensive cover.
Our TWO strikers (Two strikers Yogi, through the middle mostly please) deserve a chance to play alongside each other and form a partnership, and both certainly know where the goals are.

I didn't include Zoumma, kind of written him off for this season, whether that's down to injury or the state of the pitches, he just seems to be 'unavailable' these days.

Anyway, that's my thoughts on how to try and stop the rot and until we can bring new players in during the close season, it's about the best I can come up.

Diclonius
25-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Brown

Thicot Hogg Hanlon Murray

Miller McBride Bamba Galbraith

Stokes Nish

Ritchie
25-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Stack

Stokes Riordan

:top marksnever happen though cause yogi dont do change!

actually id make one change.... swap thicot with mccormack.

Ken
25-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Brown

McCormack Hogg Bamba Hanlon

Galbraith Miller McBride Murray

...........Stokes Riordan

MB62
25-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Oops, you beat me to the punch there by the time it took for me to put my teat etc down.
Hopefully admins will bundle the two together.

Franck is God
25-03-2010, 12:33 PM
My team to play Falkirk and send a message to the players that think they're a bit better than they are.

Brown

McCormack---Hogg---Hanlon---Murray

Zemmama---Cregg---Rankin---Galbraith

Nish--Benji

All the above players (apart from Murray but I don't think we have a better option at LB) have been dropped, left out and appeared mainly from the bench this season. You can argue if a few of them have enough quality but certainly none of them are lacking in heart and determination (ok not Benji and Zemmama but I think they have a point to prove...)

SalfordHibs
25-03-2010, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=Rawr.rar;2402887]
Smith

McCormack Thicot Hanlon Murray

Zouma Miller Bamba Galbraith

Stokes Benji

That would be my team

MB62
25-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Assuming/hoping that everyone selected below is now fit, this would be my team and shape for Saturday.

Brown

Hogg Hanlon Murray

Thicot Bamba

Wotherspoon Miller Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

Reasons for this is, Brown now deserves his chance, otherwise there was no point in signing the man and he has been a waste of a wage.

We need Bamba away from the centre of defence, he has become a liability in there (I actually think it was him that scored the winner on Tuesday, it looked like an O.G. to me). Last season, he and Thicot formed quite a good partnership in that particular role, IMO, and nullified a good Celtc midfield at ER.
I feel we have to get back to 'not losing goals' then build on that and the Thicot/Bamba combination gives us extra defensive cover when needed, but also toughens up the midfield too.
Wotherspoon/Miller/Galbraith gives three football players who should be able to support our front TWO whilst also again add defensive cover.
Our TWO strikers (Two strikers Yogi, through the middle mostly please) deserve a chance to play alongside each other and form a partnership, and both certainly know where the goals are.

I didn't include Zoumma, kind of written him off for this season, whether that's down to injury or the state of the pitches, he just seems to be 'unavailable' these days.

Anyway, that's my thoughts on how to try and stop the rot and until we can bring new players in during the close season, it's about the best I can come up.

Part/Time Supporter
25-03-2010, 01:19 PM
I would agree with the sentiments of dropping one of Riordan / Stokes / Nish and going to a more "solid" shape. Personally I would drop Stokes because I thought he was utter pish on Tuesday night, making some ridiculous decisions (ie shooting from positions that only van Basten could score from), and I think they look even more vulnerable defensively without Nish in the team.

I also think Wotherspoon needs dropped because he's just not at the pace of the games now. This could be due to burnout as under-19s tend to play less games at a lower pace than senior players.

Something like:

GK Smith

RB Thicot (ugh)
CB Hogg
CB Hanlon
LB Murray

RM Miller
CM McBride
CM Bamba
LM Galbraith

ST Riordan
ST Nish

Obviously that's out of the window if Hogg and/or Hanlon are still injured.

hibby84
25-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Smith

Hanlon, Bamba, Hogg, Murry

Rankin

Zemmama Galbraith

Nish

Stokes Riordan

Wotherspoon needs to be dropped for his own good, he's a young lad with loads of potential but is getting played every week no matter how well he plays. We are burning him out and doing his confidence no good.

Zemmama, Nish and Galbraith as they go in the right direction and can link up with the front to (Nish a target for long balls to knock onto Stokes and Riordan, Zemmama and Galbraith to give us some width, something we've not had in a long time.)

Rankin was playing his best football he has played for hibs before being dropped?! obviously not in Yogi's fan club with the likes of Miller and Mcbride.

McCormack and Thicot are simply not good enough, we need some new defenders asap.

In case you thought I had forgotten about Miller, I couldn't find him as he is so good at hiding!!!

Part/Time Supporter
25-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Thicot had two players to contend with because spoony kept moving towards the middle of the pitch.
Yigi was out of order.

Noticed this as well and agree with you. The only thing that Thicot really did wrong in the first half was pass a ball across the defence to a RC player. I thought he did reasonably well considering the amount of times he ended up in a 2v1 situation (through no fault of his own).

BT58
25-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Stack

Stokes Riordan

raise you ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
1 brown in goals,cant be any worse :cool2::cool2:
2 spoony,[needs a rest, but he can rest at end of season]
4+5 hanlon +maccormack,[both centre halves, play them in their true positions
3 murray[capt]

7 zemmamma,[if fit]
8 bamba [he plays for hibs first,,not the ivory coast first]
6 miller
11 galbraith, about time he showed us what he can do

stokes
byrne [lets see what he can do]

usual suspects fer subs
this team WILL NEVER be picked as yogi has his favorites who never seem to do anything wrong and will NEVER be dropped
hb

Speedway
25-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Stack

Thicot
Hogg
Hanlon
Murray

Zoumer
McBride
Bamba
Miller
Galbraith

Deek
Stokes

BT58
25-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Stack

Thicot
Hogg
Hanlon
Murray

Zoumer
McBride
Bamba
Miller
Galbraith

Deek
Stokes

so we cant win when playing with 11,,,,,,,,you want us to cheat and play with 12,,,,,,,,,,thats a yams plan is it not:greengrin:greengrin
:top marks:top marks
hb

Speedway
25-03-2010, 02:02 PM
so we cant win when playing with 11,,,,,,,,you want us to cheat and play with 12,,,,,,,,,,thats a yams plan is it not:greengrin:greengrin
:top marks:top marks
hb

I wondered if anyone would notice :greengrin

BT58
25-03-2010, 02:06 PM
I wondered if anyone would notice :greengrin

its these new glasses from specs savers,[especially when you wear two pair at once]:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin
hb

hibeemarley
25-03-2010, 02:53 PM
-------------Brown------------

Wotherspoon--Hanlon----Murray

--------------Bamba-----------

Zemamma--Miller--McBride--Galbraith

------------Stokes--Nish-----------

Riordan on as a Sub if neither of the front two are playing well enough

PeterboroHibee
25-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Brown
McCormack Hogg Hanlon Murray
Zemmama Bamba McBride Galbraith
Stokes Nish

MrRobot
25-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Brown
McCormack Hogg Murray
Bamba
Wotherspoon Miller Stevenson Galbraith
Stokes Benji/Bryne

subs
Smith
Nish
Hanlon
Deek
Cregg
McBride
Benji/Bryne

Team gives us shape. The Wingers can drop back to help defend and push in into a 5-3-2 when on defence, but back up to 3-5-2 on attack. Have Bamba playing in DM, if the worst comes to the worst then drop him into defence to make a 4-4-2.

HibeeDaz6270
25-03-2010, 04:01 PM
-------------Brown------------

Wotherspoon--Hanlon----Murray

--------------Bamba-----------

Zemamma--Miller--McBride--Galbraith

------------Stokes--Nish-----------

Riordan on as a Sub if neither of the front two are playing well enough
wotherspoon in a back 3? no thanks

HELMIE-HIBEE
25-03-2010, 05:55 PM
BROWN

SPOONNY BAMBA HOGG MURRAY

RANKIN MILLER MCBRIDE GALBRAITH

STOKES NISH

WE NEED TACKLERS AND WORKERS IN MIDFIELD, IMO YOGI SHOULD HAVE PLAYED BROWN AND RANKIN AGAINST COUNTY AS BOTH HAD SOMETHING TO PROVE AGAINST THEIR OLD RIVALS.(BOTH BEING EX CALEY PLAYERS)

HOWEVER IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO BEAT FALKIRK IT SHOULD BE YOGI SO I'LL ULTIMATLY AGREE WITH HIS TEAM FOR SATURDAY:agree:

Wotherspiniesta
25-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Smith

Galbraith McBride Miller Riordan

Stokes Nish

Bench: Stack Thicot Bamba Rankin Cregg Benji Byrne

It really is becoming hard to pick the team. Even for me, a fan. No wonder Hughes has problems doing it! D needs a rest, seems burnt out and short of confidence. Riordan is a goal threat (even from LM). Galbraith will be fresh, and needs a run out. One of the only out and out wingers we have in the whole squad! Nish gives us a presense up top ( just stay onside FFS :grr:) Stokes is guaranteed a goal against his old club IMO. I never thought I'd say this but I hope to god Hogg is fit. Him and Hanlon for that matter. Bamba may be a good defender, and his attributes are there for all to see (except the blind man tramp) but the defence has been leaking goals since his return and CH and PH could form a good CHP :wink:. I've Been saying it for weeks now, but Miller owes us a performance, step it up man, wheres the player from earlier this season?! McBride same goes to you. This might sounds silly, but we need guys with a bit of an attitude like McCormack ( not that I condone some of his behaviour), Goalkeepers? Who knows? Maybe not time to Bring Maka back quite yet, but they need to improve their decision making, Stack AND Smith. Let's go with the latter though. Byrne can come on up top or in the wide positions if we need to change things and Benji on for Nish if hes' offside more than 3 times.

I could pick about 6 different teams TBH, but what matters is the spirit. Falkirk will be at it from the first whistle, they will know we will be short on confidence and they're scrapping for survival. If the players aren't willing to dig deep and fight for the cause then they will lose. Simple as that. I just hope that whoever is involved on Saturday, they are willing to pull together as a team and not accept defeat.

MrRobot
25-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Smith

Galbraith McBride Miller Riordan

Stokes Nish

Bench: Stack Thicot Bamba Rankin Cregg Benji Byrne

It really is becoming hard to pick the team. Even for me, a fan. No wonder Hughes has problems doing it! D needs a rest, seems burnt out and short of confidence. Riordan is a goal threat (even from LM). Galbraith will be fresh, and needs a run out. One of the only out and out wingers we have in the whole squad! Nish gives us a presense up top ( just stay onside FFS :grr:) Stokes is guaranteed a goal against his old club IMO. I never thought I'd say this but I hope to god Hogg is fit. Him and Hanlon for that matter. Bamba may be a good defender, and his attributes are there for all to see (except the blind man tramp) but the defence has been leaking goals since his return and CH and PH could form a good CHP :wink:. I've Been saying it for weeks now, but Miller owes us a performance, step it up man, wheres the player from earlier this season?! McBride same goes to you. This might sounds silly, but we need guys with a bit of an attitude like McCormack ( not that I condone some of his behaviour), Goalkeepers? Who knows? Maybe not time to Bring Maka back quite yet, but they need to improve their decision making, Stack AND Smith. Let's go with the latter though. Byrne can come on up top or in the wide positions if we need to change things and Benji on for Nish if hes' offside more than 3 times.

I could pick about 6 different teams TBH, but what matters is the spirit. Falkirk will be at it from the first whistle, they will know we will be short on confidence and they're scrapping for survival. If the players aren't willing to dig deep and fight for the cause then they will lose. Simple as that. I just hope that whoever is involved on Saturday, they are willing to pull together as a team and not accept defeat.

Problem straight away there; with Riordan in a 4 man midfield, we are effectively playing with 3 there and will be overrun again.

fife hfc
25-03-2010, 07:50 PM
.................................Brown............ ...................
McCormack........hogg..................hanlon..... ...Murray
.......................bamba................miller .................
zemmama*.......................................... .....Galbraith
.......................stokes................Riord an.................

*Wotherspoon if Zemmama still not fit.

richard_pitts
25-03-2010, 08:18 PM
I think we have to play to the strengths of the players we have and that best suits a 3-5-2

Smith

Hanlon Hogg Murray

Wotherspoon Stevenson

Bamba McBride

Miller (Zemamma?)

Stokes Benji (Riordan - think is too tired)

I think Wotherspoon and Stevenson are best suited to playing wing-backs and Miller was most effective for Celtic in behind a front two, one of whom was Chris Sutton as a physical presence. If we need to Chase the game, Zemamma, Riordan and / or Galbraith can turn that into 3-4-3 / 4-3-3 I also think 4-3-3 the way we play it places too much emphasis on the full backs to get forward whilst leaving gaps behind them and Murray and Hanlon have the pace to cover any gaps with Hogg as a spare man. I also think it would allow Murray to step into midfield with the ball to instigate things and widen his influence over the park in general as our natural leader.:agree:

James Connolly
25-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Noticed this as well and agree with you. The only thing that Thicot really did wrong in the first half was pass a ball across the defence to a RC player. I thought he did reasonably well considering the amount of times he ended up in a 2v1 situation (through no fault of his own).

Apart from constantly drifting infield; that's why Hughes was bollocking him!

Long suffering
25-03-2010, 08:47 PM
all i know is that bamba or murray has to be acomodated into midfield

Hiber-nation
25-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Just give Spoony a rest, give Galbraith a chance and don't play Riordan at left mid.

I honestly don't give a monkey's who else plays and where.

The_Todd
25-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Stack

Murray Murray Murray Murray

Rankin Rankin Rankin Rankin

Stokes Stokes

That team would at least try from the first to the final whistle and not give up.

DH1875
25-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Can't beleive so many of you have Thicot in your team:bitchy:.

Sir David Gray
25-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Smith

Murray
Hanlon
Bamba
Thicot

McBride
Miller
Zemmama
Galbraith

Stokes
Riordan

Hibbyradge
25-03-2010, 11:57 PM
11 Ivan Sproules please.

Or else we're doomed. :agree:

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
26-03-2010, 12:10 AM
Amazes me why people have McBride anywhere near the 1st team, complete passenger of late.

Stack (#1 keeper, don't drop him again Hughes)

Spoon (Offers more than the alternatives, McCormack and Thicot)
Hogg (Unfairly criticised for the most going by the last two displays without him)
Hanlon (Young guy is going to be a player, start him)
Murray (The only option at left back, certainly not Stevenson!)

Zouma (a must if fit)
Miller (must play central where he can dictate)
Bamba (will put some real spine into that midfield that's been missing of late)
Galbraith (we need pace and width, and I beleive this guy has waited long enough for his chance)

Stokes (say what you like but he scores goals)
Riordan (play the guy where he should be Yogi, FFS)

Hibbyradge
26-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Amazes me why people have McBride anywhere near the 1st team, complete passenger of late.

Stokes (#1 keeper, don't drop him again Hughes)

Spoon (Offers more than the alternatives, McCormack and Thicot)
Hogg (Unfairly criticised for the most going by the last two displays without him)
Hanlon (Young guy is going to be a player, start him)
Murray (The only option at left back, certainly not Stevenson!)

Zouma (a must if fit)
Miller (must play central where he can dictate)
Bamba (will put some real spine into that midfield that's been missing of late)
Galbraith (we need pace and width, and I beleive this guy has waited long enough for his chance)

Stokes (say what you like but he scores goals)
Riordan (play the guy where he should be Yogi, FFS)

If Stokes was good enough, and fast enough, to play in goals and, at the same time, up front with Deek, he'd be in the EPL or with Barcelona by now.

Mair likely in a circus.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
26-03-2010, 12:22 AM
If Stokes was good enough, and fast enough, to play in goals and, at the same time, up front with Deek, he'd be in the EPL or with Barcelona by now.

Mair likely in a circus.

:greengrin

500miles
26-03-2010, 12:25 AM
...........................Smith
...McCormack..Hogg........Hanlon.Murray
.........................Bamba
.........Rankin.....Miller......Galbraith
................Stokes.....Nish

It's a shame to be dropping Wotherspoon, but there is a section of the Hibs support that can't be trusted to support a youngster through the inevitable rocky patch that tends to occur at this point in one's first season, and there is no reason to expose a flair player, dependant upon bags of confidence, to something so damaging to a youngsters game.Sadly some fans are too concerned with thier right to do this, that and the next thing probably.

JimmyL
26-03-2010, 12:45 AM
Yigi was out of order.

Spoony needs a rest!!!! give us a break sick of hearing that yes he's not a right back so i dont expect him to tackle like a defender but if he's a midfielder he will sometime need to have some passing/distrubution skills which he has not got!!!

Speedway
26-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Stack

Wothers
Hogg
Thicot
Murray

Zoumer
Bamba
McBride
Miller

Gow
Stokes

Darren1875
26-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Brown

D Wotherspoon
C Hogg
P Hanlon (if fit)
I Murray

S Bamba

Zemmama
Miller
Galbraith

Riordan
Stokes

Subs:

12. Stack
13. McCormack
14. Benji
15. Rankin
16. Gow
17. Nish
18. McBride

:wink:

Long suffering
26-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Id go for

--------------------Brown-------------------------

Thicot-------Hogg---------Hanlon--------Stevenson

--------------Bamba-------Murray-----------

Zemamma------------Nish----------Miller

---------------------Stokes-------------

A strong bench of:

Stack,Benji,Riordan,Galbraith,Rankin,McBride,Gow

HibbyAndy
26-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Am up for any formation or Thicot at RB or CH or Or Murray at LB or CB etc etc...But please please *****ing please Hughes play Riordan upfront with Stokes!

***** this LM nonsense..Stokes get starved of service uptop on his own..get the 2 uptop together and the goals will come.

Am actualy a 4-4-2 guy:agree:

Pretty Boy
26-03-2010, 07:36 PM
......................Smith.....................

McCormack....Hogg.....Thicot......Murray

................Bamba.......McBride.......

.....Zemmama.......Miller..........Galbraith

.......................Stokes..................

Subs
Stack
Hanlon
Wotherspoon
Nish
Riordan
Benji
Rankin

McCormack may not be a natural right back but he's at least a defender and he does an ok job in there. Thicot has generally been decent when he's played in the centre of defence so let's see him get a chance there. Hogg and Murray pretty much pick themselves if fit. Bamba and McBride sitting to give us a bit more stability in the middle of the park. Zemmama and Galbraith to inject a bit of pace with Liam Miller hopefuly getting time to dictate the game if he has the protection Bamba and McBride should give him. Stokes up front on his own but getting support all the time from galbraith and/or Zemmama.

Hainan Hibs
26-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Brown

Hogg

Wotherspoon Zemmama Miller Bamba McBride Thicot Murray Galbraith

Stokes

Would give us a fighting chance in midfield.

noseyhibby
26-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Wotherspoon needs to be dropped for his own good, he's a young lad with loads of potential but is getting played every week no matter how well he plays. We are burning him out and doing his confidence no good.

Hmmmm. Did youngsters like Best and Giggs and Rooney get dropped because they were too young and in danger of getting burnt-out? Teenagers usually have vast reserves of energy and a swagger. I'm not convinced that dropping someone does their confidence any good. This appears to be a modern phenomenon in football in this molly-coddle age. If the guy's good enough then he's in. A few defeats and poor performances will mould a young player better than a period on the sidelines. Maybe it's because I grew up in the age of Clough and Stein and Bremner and Greig and....well, you get my drift.

soul_driver
26-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Smith

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Thicot
Murray

Zemmama
Miller
McBride
Galbraith

Stokes
Riordan

Onceinawhile
26-03-2010, 09:14 PM
assuming no injuries I would go with

Brown
Zemmama Bamba McBride Galbraith
Riordan Stokes

I don't expect Zemmama to be fit, or indeed 4 in the middle.

I think we will see

Brown
Wotherspoon Hogg Bamba Murray
Rankin Miller Mcbride Stevenson Riordan
Stokes

noseyhibby
26-03-2010, 09:50 PM
I've all but given up on naming line ups. I simply want to see 11 commited, motivated, fired-up individuals taking the field and doing the business against the worst side in the SPL.

KB1
26-03-2010, 10:02 PM
What a find most refreshing about this thread, apart from the fact that we cannot agree the best formation...in my view this shows we have a good squad which is quite inter-changeable,

but also people are now posting the previously unthinkable, i.e. Riordan does not have a god given right to be in the team...don't get me wrong he can be a match winner and can do things others players can't but just now we need battlers who play as a team, all muck in and get a result no matter how unattractive the quality of football is...

Deek is a luxury which when we are winning we can afford but when we are playing as we are now, we cannot afford!!!

truehibernian
26-03-2010, 10:04 PM
I have just seen big Nishy trying to master the offside trap between two parked cars at Ocean Terminal. He must be a shoe-in for a start tomorrow. Seems to have mastered it too. Linesman flagged a couple of times and there must have only been a windscreen wiper in it to be fair to the big fella :agree:

Judas Iscariot
26-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Hanlon defo won't play..

pandahfc
26-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Brown (worth a go)

McCormack Hanlon Hogg Murray

Miller McBride Bamba Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

RB still a liability though.

Westie1875
26-03-2010, 10:19 PM
I just want a 442 with midfielders in midfield and strikers upfront.

scoopyboy
27-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Hanlon defo won't play..

Correct.

Out for minimum of fortnight.

Golden Bear
27-03-2010, 08:32 AM
I've no idea what the team will be, but reading between the lines I've a feeling Danny Galbraith will be getting his first start today.

bighairyfaeleith
27-03-2010, 09:09 AM
I'd like to see four established first team players dropped and four youngsters given a chance.

The team needs shaking up, let hungry youngsters show them how to fight.

Any yogi sort the fekking formation:grr:

Captain Trips
27-03-2010, 09:30 AM
Stack

Stokes Riordan

Yeah I like that