PDA

View Full Version : Racenight

Gus
24-03-2010, 04:54 PM
RACENIGHT - following on from the other thread, but we always seem to get a good response for games but not alot else.

John/Fenton/Deek and to a certain extent I are putting in alot of effort & in some cases a chunk of money to make this night a success. WE NEED EVERYONE to help out, so far this has not been the case, as soon as we know it, the 1st of may will be upon us.

Below are a list of players - sorry if i have forgot anyone, who have played/been involved for us in 2010 & will hopefully stay on as we go amatuer......but if folk cant be bothered helping out/getting numbers along etc then i would be keen to say :bye:

Geoff
Muzzy
Gus
Pete M
Josh
Tarq
Fonz
Ritchie
Archie
Drysdale
Deek
Fenton
Sean
Colin
Bruce
Nick
Ben
Teo
Ali
Danny
Chuckie
Paul
Janetta

thats 23 lads - out of that i know of only 2 who cannot make it (archie/ritchie, although aarchies missus is coming)

So already we have 21 bodies, we need everyone to bring 4 people each - thats not alot & anymore is :thumbsup:

Come on laddies, let us know whats happening are you in or are you out.......

lyonhibs
25-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Didn't realise this was quite so pressing what with it being over a month away.

I'm definitely in, and will most likely buy a horse just for the banter.

Regarding flogging tickets, the vast majority of my mates who are likely to be interested in this kind of event either work weekends or are out-of-towners (i.e. Glasgow and beyond)

Regarding additional contributions through club funds, which other folk with more Hibby mates than I will be making through ticket sales, if I can't flog my "quota", I'm more than happy to just contribute £30 to club funds (not Fenton's "Booze Jar" :greengrin) in lieu of this, a proposal which will doubtless just add fuel to the fire that I'm "loaded" and "David Cameron's love child"!! :greengrin:grr::greengrin

To summarise, Gus, I'm in!!

Mister P
25-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Didn't realise this was quite so pressing what with it being over a month away.

Right let me make this absolutely clear to ALL our players.

It's a month or so away...BUT.

we have 56 horses to sell
we have 7 race sponsors to sell.

we need to have all the money collected in within about "2 weeks before the raceninght"

WHY?
because we need the cash to buy the buffet, pay for the disco, rent the projector (mibby)...and we also need a week or so to complete the program/racecard and get them printed.

So, can all the above named players please respond NOW to let me or Fenton know that you will be there, how many entry tickets you'd like, how many horses and/or race sponsors you have managed to shift.

TBH guys, I know it seems like Fenton and me are being a bit bullyish and pushy about this, but it's only because no-one is making the effort and if people dont get the finger out this it all gonna go t!ts up. we will lose the £300 already paid out by our own pockets and will not be able to enter the league.

so there its is, Ive laid it on the line, this can't happen without you!!!!

craig1875
25-03-2010, 11:49 PM

we need to have all the money collected in within about "2 weeks before the raceninght"

I don't have any chance of getting race sponsors.

I will be re-asking people this week about attending, had a good response first time round but no-one was wanting to part with money, so long before the event. I will also see about selling horses at the same time.

I will have definit numbers by 4th april and the money paid on or before 13th apriil.

Delboy*
26-03-2010, 08:23 AM
Right let me make this absolutely clear to ALL our players.

WHY?
because we need the cash to buy the buffet, pay for the disco, rent the projector (mibby)...and we also need a week or so to complete the program/racecard and get them printed.

So, can all the above named players please respond NOW to let me or Fenton know that you will be there, how many entry tickets you'd like, how many horses and/or race sponsors you have managed to shift.

TBH guys, I know it seems like Fenton and me are being a bit bullyish and pushy about this, but it's only because no-one is making the effort and if people dont get the finger out this it all gonna go t!ts up. we will lose the £300 already paid out by our own pockets and will not be able to enter the league.

so there its is, Ive laid it on the line, this can't happen without you!!!!

How can 2 nancy-fairy-boys be bullyish???:faf: oh Fonz!!:faf:

:greengrin

Judas Iscariot
26-03-2010, 08:25 AM
How can 2 nancy-fairy-boys be bullyish???:faf: oh Fonz!!:faf:

:greengrin

:bitchy:

I'll beast you :agree:

cocopops1875
26-03-2010, 06:10 PM
right i should be good for some tickets would imagine at least myself nick bruce and van laddie will come so there is a starter for four will also speak to the boss about sponsoring a race :thumbsup: its a hard sell for me and my lot as to them its pretty much in glasgow :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
26-03-2010, 09:30 PM
right i should be good for some tickets would imagine at least myself nick bruce and van laddie will come so there is a starter for four will also speak to the boss about sponsoring a race :thumbsup: its a hard sell for me and my lot as to them its pretty much in glasgow :greengrin

Nice one Col :thumbsup:

Will give you a sheet to sell some horses too :wink:

MacBean
27-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Right I'll buy two horses. I'll see if i can sell a few more to anyone who wants to come. I'll do my best but as you know i'll be in the sick bin for a wee while.

Mister P
27-03-2010, 02:29 PM
as long as ur no too sick to get yer wallet oot:greengrin

in all seriousness tho, well done bud.