PDA

View Full Version : Burnistoun

Phil D. Rolls
21-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Got to admit I don't really get a lot of the jokes on this, although I find it very entertaining. I reckon it must be my age; who gets it and who doesn't?

Biff Tannen
21-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Got to admit I don't really get a lot of the jokes on this, although I find it very entertaining. I reckon it must be my age; who gets it and who doesn't?

I watched the 2nd episode first and thought it was pap the i watched the 1st one on iplayer and found it funny...the strange boy on the radio was brilliant..".....and there you are"!!! and the bottle o ginger one was good. Not so much in jokes just a lot of them are really pretty poor and i reckon i could put together a better sketch show!!

the ice cream van one is soooooo annoyin but i cannae help find the fat(ter) one strangely funny but its such a nippy sketch!!

Calvin
21-03-2010, 08:05 PM
I think it's oddly brilliant, with the exception of the Ice Cream Van.

Phil D. Rolls
23-03-2010, 06:47 PM
I think it's oddly brilliant, with the exception of the Ice Cream Van.

How about councillor Roderick Portseton? I'm watching it again to see if he's on.

That guy that got elected on the Deepbone roundabout single issue ticket was a hoot.

.Sean.
23-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Personally I think it's a pile of steaming ****** :agree:

Lofarl
23-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Weegie comedy reflecting on weegie life. Tv methadone.

ArabHibee
23-03-2010, 10:23 PM
It's no bad. Have seen worse.

Calvin
24-03-2010, 01:28 AM
How about councillor Roderick Portseton? I'm watching it again to see if he's on.

That guy that got elected on the Deepbone roundabout single issue ticket was a hoot.

I had to rewind about three times to see if my ears were deceiving me with that one!

The roundabout guy was fantastic, was a good final punchline too after a long build up. I think their single sketch characters are their strongest ones.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Weegie comedy reflecting on weegie life. Tv methadone.

I concur, we could do with an extra transmitter round about Harthill so we don't need to be subjected to that pish! :grr:

Killiehibbie
24-03-2010, 11:28 AM
2 or 3 mildly amusing bits but far more very unfunny bits. I wont be staying in to watch it.

SlickShoes
24-03-2010, 01:15 PM
I love it but im a big fan of the earlier stuff they done with VideoGaiden and Consolevania

Phil D. Rolls
25-03-2010, 05:04 PM
I concur, we could do with an extra transmitter round about Harthill so we don't need to be subjected to that pish! :grr:

In fairness, I think this could be set in any smallish town in the Central Belt. Just because they've got Lanarkshire accents, I wouldn't say it's a weegie comedy like Rab C.

Ironically, I get the impression they are inspired by the work of Edinburgh based comedy factory "Absolutely". Those guys in the ice cream van, petty and officious councillors a la Stoneybrige. If only they could have a McGlashen character to round of the set.

I think there is a stong Abbot and Costello, and Lewis and Martin influence as well. All those rambling dialogues about who is wearing whose shoes, is very reminiscent of "Who's On First".

Calvin
26-12-2010, 03:06 AM
Ironically, I get the impression they are inspired by the work of Edinburgh based comedy factory "Absolutely". Those guys in the ice cream van, petty and officious councillors a la Stoneybrige. If only they could have a McGlashen character to round of the set.

Got the complete box set of 'Absolutely' for Christmas. Missed it first time round due to only being born in '91 but it's promising if it was a precursor to shows like Burnistoun.

Phil D. Rolls
29-12-2010, 10:27 AM
Got the complete box set of 'Absolutely' for Christmas. Missed it first time round due to only being born in '91 but it's promising if it was a precursor to shows like Burnistoun.

Have you seen the one where McGlashen reads the news yet?