PDA

View Full Version : Potential friendly opponents.........

lyonhibs
11-03-2010, 06:14 PM
I've got a mate whose works team might be interested in a friendly. They are from Falkirk, but would be willing - I'll confirm this of course - to travel to Edinburgh for a weekend match.

What free weekends do we have in the calendar over the next couple of months, and I'll see what his teams' schedule is looking like, to see if we can keep up this 1 game a weekend run we've been having of late :thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
11-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Whatever weekend they can make, we can make :agree:

Every other team we're meant to play seem to dick us around so if this mob are willing and reliable, we'll play them whenever :thumbsup:

lyonhibs
11-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Cool - that's me told him to let me know re: upcoming Sunday availability. I'll pass the info on and we can get something sorted.

He knows that an agreement to play on such a date is a guarantee that his 11 will turn up and not bail, given our track record of being dicked around by other teams at short notice.

lyonhibs
11-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Right, because most of his team are likely to be working on a Sunday - at the famous Sports Direct in Falkirk :greengrin - an 8pm kick off would be the earliest they could all make it in for.

I appreciate this is later than normal, but does that rule it out as a friendly match option?? :dunno:

As long as the peasant wagon still runs back in to the centre when the game finishes, that kick-off time is no probs for me.

Except for 21st March, they'll be free all Sundays over the upcoming 6 weeks or so at least.

Let me know if that's KO time is feasible Danny/Fenton/Fritzl and I'll get them committed to a friendly.

:notworthy:

Delboy*
12-03-2010, 06:55 AM
Twilight football, i think some of oor players may need to be in bed with a bobo by then :dummytit:

Nando™
12-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Pencil it in for the 28th at 8pm Tarqs, I'll see about booking a floodlit pitch ASAP.

Judas Iscariot
12-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Right, because most of his team are likely to be working on a Sunday - at the famous Sports Direct in Falkirk :greengrin - an 8pm kick off would be the earliest they could all make it in for.

I appreciate this is later than normal, but does that rule it out as a friendly match option?? :dunno:

As long as the peasant wagon still runs back in to the centre when the game finishes, that kick-off time is no probs for me.

Except for 21st March, they'll be free all Sundays over the upcoming 6 weeks or so at least.

Let me know if that's KO time is feasible Danny/Fenton/Fritzl and I'll get them committed to a friendly.

:notworthy:

Student tory welts aye :cool2:

lyonhibs
12-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Student tory welts aye :cool2:

Haha I doubt it somehow!!!

Anyway, he reckons they should be ok for that, so I guess its ok to start the pitch search.

Mister P
12-03-2010, 10:23 PM
poltonhall?

Judas Iscariot
12-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Saughton?

Mister P
12-03-2010, 10:32 PM
midweek or sundays?

Judas Iscariot
12-03-2010, 10:37 PM
midweek or sundays?

Sunday

lyonhibs
16-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Danny/pitch organising person, do we have a confirmed venue for this at an 8pm kick-off.

My mate was wondering - no great rush, but give me a PM when something is sorted.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Nando™
16-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Danny/pitch organising person, do we have a confirmed venue for this at an 8pm kick-off.

My mate was wondering - no great rush, but give me a PM when something is sorted.

Cheers :thumbsup:
Not yet mate, I'm getting the usual story where some places either are booked or don't accept bookings at a notice of more than a week.

I'll announce on this thread and send you a PM when it's sorted.