PDA

View Full Version : If Hearts finish above us?

Coco Bryce
27-02-2010, 05:07 PM
If God forbid the unthinkable happens. Will anyone still be considering this a 'good' season :confused:

Sylar
27-02-2010, 05:10 PM
If God forbid the unthinkable happens. Will anyone still be considering this a 'good' season :confused:

Depends - do we have a Scottish Cup title to our name or not??? :wink:

ScottB
27-02-2010, 05:11 PM
Considering our position at New Year, or even at the start of February, anything less than third will be a pretty poor effort.

Last year we were pretty consistently mince, I'd find it harder to take if we end up 5th this year due to all the promise we have shown until recently.

Steve20
27-02-2010, 05:13 PM
They will finish above us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erskine-hibby
27-02-2010, 05:13 PM

NO!!
And serious questions would have to be asked of the manager and players if this happened:agree:

Sent from my laptop using kneejerk reaction.

Jim44
27-02-2010, 05:15 PM

As pointed out by Jambo aquaintences, they now consider themselves above us in the league as they, with some justification I think, will probably take all six points from the two remaining derby matches. Think what you want about their shambolic club, they are on the way up and we are struggling to stand still.

erskine-hibby
27-02-2010, 05:20 PM
As pointed out by Jambo aquaintences, they now consider themselves above us in the league as they, with some justification I think, will probably take all six points from the two remaining derby matches. Think what you want about their shambolic club, they are on the way up and we are struggling to stand still.

Do you mean we are struggling to stop a slide turning into freefall???

Hainan Hibs
27-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Fat Jim Knew has got them squirming wins while playing *****, like they did under Shabba.

Our defence has fallen to pieces and the midfield has fallen apart. Recently it has been piss poor performance after piss poor performance.

Time to re-group the cavalry and get 3rd place back because it would be diabolical to throw away the great start to the season we had.

Hamish
27-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Heard Paul Merson say a few weeks ago that confidence plays an immeasurable part of a footballers make-up. At the moment it appears ours is shot to pieces. We need to get it back very quickly. Looking at the fixtures there is now every chance Hearts could finish above us - especially if they win at Tannadice next week.

The_Horde
27-02-2010, 05:25 PM
If my auntie hud baws..

Cannae see it though, aye the yams have had some lucky wins recently but they'll soon get dragged back down to earth.

Too early to say they will continue to win IMO on top of that we are just in need of one win to get the confidence back, we have been beaten by Rangers, our 'bogey team' (okay that one was a disgrace) and an on form Motherwell side by 1 goal on a horrible 'pitch' while down to 10 men and missing two of our key players from the midfield.

It was never going to be a pretty match today, we had to try and grind it out but a 1-1 draw is far better than a 5-1 or 3-1 defeat, we have Killie next so lets hope we can get back to winning ways and the Yams draw with Dundee UTD.

GGTTH

Castle Hibs
27-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Many people seem to talk about hearts winning ugly or just scraping through but ignoring the fact that Hibs can't achieve results like that. Its great to win playing good football but more often than not it wins you nothing. We need to get tougher and win scrapy games. At the moment we lack real leaders on the park who can roll their sleeves up and get stuck in. You can't just give up because its not going for you or its to cold or the pitch is cut up

erskine-hibby
27-02-2010, 05:30 PM
If my auntie hud baws..

Cannae see it though, aye the yams have had some lucky wins recently but they'll soon get dragged back down to earth.

Too early to say they will continue to win IMO on top of that we are just in need of one win to get the confidence back, we have been beaten by Rangers, our 'bogey team' (okay that one was a disgrace) and an on form Motherwell side by 1 goal on a horrible 'pitch' while down to 10 men and missing two of our key players from the midfield.

It was never going to be a pretty match today, we had to try and grind it out but a 1-1 draw is far better than a 5-1 or 3-1 defeat, we have Killie next so lets hope we can get back to winning ways and the Yams draw with Dundee UTD.

GGTTH

Don't agree with your assessment of the last couple of weeks, it makes us sound like we were unlucky...we weren't!!.
The only bit that makes sense is the bit in bold.

machibby
27-02-2010, 05:38 PM
can't believe this thread, talk about glass half empty. Yep we're going through a slump but comments like 'we never grind out wins' are over the top. I've got ever faith in the team regrouping and winning again. Some of you are sounding like my jambo mates with all this -the the derby points are theirs. Get a grip man!!

Castle Hibs
27-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Many people seem to talk about hearts winning ugly or just scraping through but ignoring the fact that Hibs can't achieve results like that. Its great to win playing good football but more often than not it wins you nothing. We need to get tougher and win scrapy games. At the moment we lack real leaders on the park who can roll their sleeves up and get stuck in. You can't just give up because its not going for you or its to cold or the pitch is cut up

AugustaHibs
27-02-2010, 05:43 PM

Why are you always so bloody negative?

Sent from my computer using Mozilla Firefox.

RoYO!
27-02-2010, 05:48 PM
can't believe this thread, talk about glass half empty. Yep we're going through a slump but comments like 'we never grind out wins' are over the top. I've got ever faith in the team regrouping and winning again. Some of you are sounding like my jambo mates with all this -the the derby points are theirs. Get a grip man!!

aye absolutely. :thumbsup:

this is the same team that got us to third and people now seem to be of the opinion that we are pish!

get a grip and get behind the team

The_Horde
27-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Don't agree with your assessment of the last couple of weeks, it makes us sound like we were unlucky...we weren't!!.
The only bit that makes sense is the bit in bold.

The Motherwell one was unlucky IMO, a red that has since been reduced to yellow putting us down to 10 men on a shoddy pitch.

Rangers wasn't unlucky, we were good 1st half but didn't turn up in the 2nd albeit there was never 3 goals in it.

St J away was piss poor obviously and there is no hiding the fact that we conceded 8 goals in a dreadful 135 minutes of football and we probably haven't recovered fully since.

I couldn't make the game today (earache) so i couldn't tell you what we were like but i can tell the difference between 5-1 and 1-1 so there must have been some improvement, disappointed to lose a late goal but how many times this season have we played p!sh but just nicked it?

A fair few at home anyway. :agree:

I did listen to bits and pieces on the radio and I'm sure we had 2/3 chances before they got their penalty to kill off the game and never, can anyone who was at the game confirm just how good those chances were?

RoYO!
27-02-2010, 05:55 PM

1. if you play good football you win matches,

thats why why good players play in good teams....

winning ugly only gets you so far.

2. not so long ago hibs went on a run of stealing games in the last minutes, so the character is there but we've taken a knock. we will get over it.

unfortunatley for many selective amnesia has set in and suddenly we are deemed by many hibs 'fans' to be she-ite

Bobo
27-02-2010, 05:56 PM

Not a hope in F*** with the current style of play and inept formation and tactics Yogi seems happy to churn out!!

We are a poor side and getting poorer by the week and it doesn't seem like Yogi has the ability to stop our usual slide into mediocrity!!

Really piss poor considering the early advantage we'd managed to give ourselves, despite indifferent performances, in the early part of the season!

RoYO!
27-02-2010, 06:00 PM
The Motherwell one was unlucky IMO, a red that has since been reduced to yellow putting us down to 10 men on a shoddy pitch.

Rangers wasn't unlucky, we were good 1st half but didn't turn up in the 2nd albeit there was never 3 goals in it.

St J away was piss poor obviously and there is no hiding the fact that we conceded 8 goals in a dreadful 135 minutes of football and we probably haven't recovered fully since.

I couldn't make the game today (earache) so i couldn't tell you what we were like but i can tell the difference between 5-1 and 1-1 so there must have been some improvement, disappointed to lose a late goal but how many times this season have we played p!sh but just nicked it?

A fair few at home anyway. :agree:

I did listen to bits and pieces on the radio and I'm sure we had 2/3 chances before they got their penalty to kill off the game and never, can anyone who was at the game confirm just how good those chances were?

a couple of strong chances, could easily have led to goals. especially deeks rounding the goalie-did everything right only to be cleared off the line by a defender who did really well to get back.

and a couple of half chances, scrambles in the box etc, bamba almost got his toe on one.

all that said we created nowhere near enough, link up to the front line consisted of high balls. Nish was inevetably out jumped for the majority of these by Duberry (i think i think it was)

we seem to be having real difficulty getting the ball to stokes and deeks was wasted once again out wide

machibby
27-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Sounds to me like you've pretty much given up, maybe you should go to the pbs and watch some of that winning ugly you seem so fond of.

RoYO!
27-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Not a hope in F*** with the current style of play and inept formation and tactics Yogi seems happy to churn out!!

We are a poor side and getting poorer by the week and it doesn't seem like Yogi has the ability to stop our usual slide into mediocrity!!

Really piss poor considering the early advantage we'd managed to give ourselves, despite indifferent performances, in the early part of the season!

this is the same team that got us into the early position, so keep it together and back the team.

to say we are a poor side is a bit much when you consider some of the talent that we are lucky to be witnessing playing in green. all in my opinion of course.

Westie1875
27-02-2010, 06:04 PM
a couple of strong chances, could easily have led to goals. especially deeks rounding the goalie-did everything right only to be cleared off the line by a defender who did really well to get back.

and a couple of half chances, scrambles in the box etc, bamba almost got his toe on one.

all that said we created nowhere near enough, link up to the front line consisted of high balls. Nish was inevetably out jumped for the majority of these by Duberry (i think i think it was)

we seem to be having real difficulty getting the ball to stokes and deeks was wasted once again out wide

We looked dangerous when Deek drifted into the middle today, this is why he should be playing there with a partner IMO - he'd get many more chances like that than he does playing out wide.

Pedantic_Hibee
27-02-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm not one for knee-jerk reactions and I refuse to let the last few results cloud over the immense progress we have made so far this season.

What I will say though, is we need to get 3 points at home to Killie next week.

Mag7
27-02-2010, 07:03 PM
As I said on another thread, Yogi would have to seriously consider his position if that were to happen. It would be close to untenable due to the embarrassment factor.

noseyhibby
27-02-2010, 07:23 PM
this is the same team that got us into the early position, so keep it together and back the team.

Hibs have flattered to deceive this season and sneaked a few last minute winners on the back of mediocre performances. This is no longer happening and our confidence has been shot to pieces over the last few games. Sitting third in the table in November is all very well, but it is a mere indicator of results up to that point. Dundee United have suffered similar thrashings to Hibs this season and currently occupy third again. Motherwell, have come from nowhere to being another serious threat to our european aspirations, and how can we dismiss the Jambos, who have cut our 18 point lead over them to a mere 7? Where Hibs sit at the end of the season is where they deserve to be. There is much to play for, but the 3 teams mentioned are on a roll compared to our free-fall. It's soul destroying watching our healthy position in third in terms of point and goal differences being not just eroded but completely shattered. It's like a collective defeatist attitude has kicked in, with discipline going out the window and players now uncertain to the point of "bottling" it when teams like St.Johnstone get in their faces. Hibs have been found out big time. It maybe coincidental, but Hibs have all but capitulated since Yogi challenged his players to show what they are made of in the run up to the business end of the season. He asked questions and is getting answers. Without doubt, Yogi is right in saying that Hibs are a long, long way to being where he wants them. His expectations of this current group of players will have been diminished dramatically. The early season swagger has dissapeared and players are now being found out big time regarding their mental resolve. Where Hibs end up this season is where they will have deserved to be - whether it is 3rd, 4th or 5th in the league, and/or a scottish cup exit pre the Hampden final or standing gloriously after 108 years. It's a knife-edge situation. Time will tell how it all pans out.

northern-hibee
27-02-2010, 08:26 PM
As I said on another thread, Yogi would have to seriously consider his position if that were to happen. It would be close to untenable due to the embarrassment factor.

Correct, if things don't improve fast ie starting next week with a win against Kilmarnock, a cup win against Ross County and a resounding victory in the derby, then I doubt Yogi will be here to bother about the league positions at the end of the season.

Jim44
27-02-2010, 08:51 PM
If we don't win next week against Killie we will be lucky to finish in the top six. Yogi will have flattered to deceive and we will have made no progress from last season. What we have achieved up until a week or two ago will mean nothing. Where do we go from there? The thought of starting from scratch and looking for a new manager is depressing. What is also depressing and cringeworthy is the way I laughed at my Jambo aquaintences when they kept on and on about our inevitable falling away and their coming good.

Speedway
27-02-2010, 09:01 PM
If my auntie hud baws..

GGTTH

Just like we are now that our lucky wins are over?

When will we ever learn the following:

1. The yams are a joke, but a joke that tends to do better than us, over the piece.

2. Hibs mediocrity has lasted 135 years, bar three or four decent spells lasting no more than three years at a time.

3. Yogi's position will not be untenable as he'll simply be achieving what almost every other manager has achieved before him, mediocrity.

son of haggart
27-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Very few Hearts fans believe we can finish above you, although you are making a great effort at arranging that. We are still not playing well and have a huge injury list (inluding all four recognised centre halves now) . If we had Zaliukas, Goncalves, Craig Thomson, Scott Robinson, Driver and Kingston all fit and available I think we might do it but they are all out for a bit. We had Obua and Johnsson at centre half at the end today (and the very young, weak and inexperienced Jason Thomson at right back). We also have no central attacking players of any quality.

You should still do it but I find it hard to believe that HUghes wants to play Bamba at centre half when as far as iIwas aaware all the evidence last year pointed to him being a standout at defensive mid , but shaky in the back four.

allmodcons
27-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Correct, if things don't improve fast ie starting next week with a win against Kilmarnock, a cup win against Ross County and a resounding victory in the derby, then I doubt Yogi will be here to bother about the league positions at the end of the season.

Are you for real suggesting we should be thinking about replacing Yogi?

The last 4 matches have been worrying but to suggest we should consider sacking him in his 1st season is just plain crazy.

Apart from the fact that he's not been long enough in the job, who's going to come in and do a better job?

I think some on here need to sober up. If we win next week and Hearts lose we'll be 10 points ahead of them.

FFS let's try and be a little more positive eh.

IWasThere2016
27-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Just like we are now that our lucky wins are over?

When will we ever learn the following:

1. The yams are a joke, but a joke that tends to do better than us, over the piece.

2. Hibs mediocrity has lasted 135 years, bar three or four decent spells lasting no more than three years at a time.

3. Yogi's position will not be untenable as he'll simply be achieving what almost every other manager has achieved before him, mediocrity.

And that is acceptable? :confused:

The Voice Of Reason
27-02-2010, 09:22 PM

Don't think he was saying it is "acceptable".

Apologies if I am wrong - Speedway will no doubt answer you in due course.

Sergey
27-02-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm not one for knee-jerk reactions and I refuse to let the last few results cloud over the immense progress we have made so far this season.

What I will say though, is we need to get 3 points at home to Killie next week.

If we win next week and the Arabs do the Yams, then we're 10 points to the good with a better goal average.

Job done, and the final nail will be hammered in at the PBS.

AgentDaleCooper
27-02-2010, 09:33 PM
just a thought...but we only drew with a team that we've found very hard to play against...it wasn't as though they pumped us again :dunno:

shamo9
27-02-2010, 09:33 PM
If we win next week and the Arabs do the Yams, then we're 10 points to the good with a better goal average.

Job done, and the final nail will be hammered in at the PBS.

I'd rather go nine points ahead of them:wink:

vahibbie
27-02-2010, 09:48 PM

I think it's very lucky we have the easiest (seemingly) draw in the next round or that particular prospect would be coming to an end:bitchy:

As to the question. If the Yams end up above us....it will have been a very depressing second half to the season so overall *****e:grr:

Sergey
27-02-2010, 09:50 PM

I won't argue with that.

Having watched the Sheep Vs East Coast Hun's at lunchtime, I'd like to state here and now that they (ECH) are truly dire.

Scrambled wins in recent weeks over the bottom 2 clubs and a win away to a rank rotten Aberdeen is merely papering over the cracks and isn't indicative of the bigger picture.

Sir David Gray
27-02-2010, 09:51 PM

:agree: I hope they get a draw against United next week.

I think it's entirely possible that they could finish above us this year. Their win over Aberdeen today all but confirms who will finish in the top six/bottom six this year, so they will probably have the opportunity to get ahead of us and there will therefore be two more derbies this season.

We really need to get back to form sooner rather than later.

To answer the question, if they end up ahead of us then no I wouldn't deem this season to have been a success.

Speedway
27-02-2010, 09:54 PM

It is never acceptable, only predictable.

jabis
27-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Hibs have flattered to deceive this season and sneaked a few last minute winners on the back of mediocre performances. This is no longer happening and our confidence has been shot to pieces over the last few games. Sitting third in the table in November is all very well, but it is a mere indicator of results up to that point. Dundee United have suffered similar thrashings to Hibs this season and currently occupy third again. Motherwell, have come from nowhere to being another serious threat to our european aspirations, and how can we dismiss the Jambos, who have cut our 18 point lead over them to a mere 7? Where Hibs sit at the end of the season is where they deserve to be. There is much to play for, but the 3 teams mentioned are on a roll compared to our free-fall. It's soul destroying watching our healthy position in third in terms of point and goal differences being not just eroded but completely shattered. It's like a collective defeatist attitude has kicked in, with discipline going out the window and players now uncertain to the point of "bottling" it when teams like St.Johnstone get in their faces. Hibs have been found out big time. It maybe coincidental, but Hibs have all but capitulated since Yogi challenged his players to show what they are made of in the run up to the business end of the season. He asked questions and is getting answers. Without doubt, Yogi is right in saying that Hibs are a long, long way to being where he wants them. His expectations of this current group of players will have been diminished dramatically. The early season swagger has dissapeared and players are now being found out big time regarding their mental resolve. Where Hibs end up this season is where they will have deserved to be - whether it is 3rd, 4th or 5th in the league, and/or a scottish cup exit pre the Hampden final or standing gloriously after 108 years. It's a knife-edge situation. Time will tell how it all pans out.

did anyone actually read past the first 7 words of this ?

Paragraphs...........there is no excuse !

JimBHibees
27-02-2010, 10:10 PM

Complete nonsense.

IWasThere2016
27-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Given the resources Yogi's had 5th or 6th is not improvement IMHO - it is arguably on like for like basis worse.

iwasthere1972
27-02-2010, 11:06 PM

We have to concentrate on what we do and not on the Yams. They are the ones chasing us and if we can get back on track next week with a win over Killie then they will either be 7,9 or 10 points behind us.

The Yams next 4 games are

Dundee Utd - Tannadice
Motherwell - Fir Park
Us - Tynecastle
Rangers - Tynecastle

I wish them well. :devil:

Part/Time Supporter
27-02-2010, 11:14 PM
If we don't win next week against Killie we will be lucky to finish in the top six. Yogi will have flattered to deceive and we will have made no progress from last season. What we have achieved up until a week or two ago will mean nothing. Where do we go from there? The thought of starting from scratch and looking for a new manager is depressing. What is also depressing and cringeworthy is the way I laughed at my Jambo aquaintences when they kept on and on about our inevitable falling away and their coming good.

:wtf:

Have you looked at the league table?

4th Hibs 44pts P27
7th Aberdeen 29pts P26
8th St. Johnstone 28pts P24

St. Johnstone's games in hand being Falkirk (A), Huns (H) and Aberdeen (H).

Even if Saints win all of those (which they won't), they would be seven points behind Hibs with six games to play. If Aberdeen won their one game in hand (away to Saints, more likely but not a certainty), they would be 12 points behind Hibs with six games to play (and they still have to go to Ibrox before the split).

Would some people please read what they write before they click "submit reply"?

:rolleyes:

Saorsa
27-02-2010, 11:22 PM
Why are you always so bloody negative?

Sent from my computer using Mozilla Firefox.What have you seen lately that gives you grounds for being positive?

noseyhibby
27-02-2010, 11:30 PM
did anyone actually read past the first 7 words of this ?

Paragraphs...........there is no excuse !

I stand corrected. I got carried away. Sorry.

RoYO!
27-02-2010, 11:34 PM
What have you seen lately that gives you grounds for being positive?

there's a HUGE amount of things to be positive about concerning hibs right now, i shouldnt even need to list them... in fact i wont... its not about recent results, thats not how you measure success.

For some to be hitting the panic button in such a way is, imo ridiculous and narrow minded.

Saorsa
27-02-2010, 11:37 PM
there's a HUGE amount of things to be positive about concerning hibs right now, i shouldnt even need to list them... in fact i wont... its not about recent results, thats not how you measure success.

For some to be hitting the panic button in such a way is, imo ridiculous and narrow minded.Aye, better just tae just pretend there's nothing wrong.

3pm
28-02-2010, 10:33 AM
I can't understand why it's taken long for people to see this happening. The writing has been on the wall all season.

We have very rarely played well and the general performance levels have been distinctly average. Lots of work to be done and some big decisions to be made in the summer.

Typical Hibs.

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2010, 10:59 AM

Mr Positivity returns! Do you ever have anything positive to say? Hopefully our players aren't as depressing as you.

Sent from my laptop using a positive frame of mind.

If we don't win next week against Killie we will be lucky to finish in the top six.

As PTS said go and have a look at the league table before you spout pish like this.

Part/Time Supporter
28-02-2010, 11:08 AM
I can't understand why it's taken long for people to see this happening. The writing has been on the wall all season.

We have very rarely played well and the general performance levels have been distinctly average. Lots of work to be done and some big decisions to be made in the summer.

Typical Hibs.

Please define "average".

weonlywon6-2
28-02-2010, 11:12 AM

what hearts have in their favour is they are always hard to score against. if they had a weak defence they would be close to bottom just now.

we have not been great by any matter of means but have landed in 3rd.
we will get better i have no doubt. teams are working us out and killing our game.
we have to adjust to that.

our next game v united is crucial and if we get a win at the pbs all will be rosey again

ggtth:thumbsup:

3pm
28-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Please define "average".

OK. In my opinion (:greengrin), we rarely dominate a game for the quality of squad we have, we huff and puff in games without being that dangerous, we concede too many chances for my liking, not enough urgency in our play.

Maybe I am being too harsh but I don't believe we have played that well.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Although I can only comment on Hearts from what I've seen of them on the box or in Derby games quite frankly it will be embarassing to finish below them they make my eyes bleed when I sit through 90 mins of their keek! We have never really been able to win games playing the way they have for most of the season. To answer the OP I doubt it'll happen tho!

Golden Bear
28-02-2010, 12:14 PM

Absolute nonsense Jim.

For a start there's absolutely no guarantee that the mighty hawrts will even finish in the top 6.

Sergey
28-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Absolute nonsense Jim.

For a start there's absolutely no guarantee that the mighty hawrts will even finish in the top 6.

Correct.

I've just checked the remaining fixtures and St. Johnstone have 3 matches in hand over the Yams. 2 are against Falkirk (home/away) and the other is a home match against Aberdeen.

3 wins and they'll be in 6th.

Jim44
28-02-2010, 01:08 PM
As PTS said go and have a look at the league table before you spout pish like this.

OK, caught out on a technicality.:greengrin We'll manage to hang on to 6th place at worst. Big deal. To answer the OP, no it will be a disaster if they finish above us, which, on recent form and past trends, is more than likely.

Hibernia Na Eir
28-02-2010, 01:19 PM
i really dont know how Yams are winning. All their goals are coming from non strikers and they carry some luck in games (as we have), but they'll probably sneak into Europe.

Christ, i hate them.:jamboak:

Part/Time Supporter
28-02-2010, 01:19 PM
OK, caught out on a technicality.:greengrin We'll manage to hang on to 6th place at worst. Big deal. To answer the OP, no it will be a disaster if they finish above us, which, on recent form and past trends, is more than likely.

The technicality being that you were talking pish.

:greengrin

IWasThere2016
28-02-2010, 01:29 PM
It is never acceptable, only predictable.

So, if its predictably unacceptable - why wouldn't the manager's position not be untenable? :devil:

EasterRoad4Ever
28-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Fact is pitches in Scotland - outside the OF - at this time of year suit the industrious, physical, humping type football that Hibs are just not geared for but team like Yams, St J, Well are. Earlier this season we were playing the best football in the SPL, on carpet like pitches which suited that game.

Easter Road pitch is nothing short of a disgrace, and we only have ourselves to blame for that. Yogi has has to try adapt to that pitch, but has the type of players that are LEAST able to do so.

Cropley10
28-02-2010, 02:54 PM
We're on the slide. They're on the rise. Nade isn't going to feature again. The lad Stevenson looks like he might - actually - be quite useful. Ironic we 'capture' Gow but he's looking a long way off being an asset right now...

We'll flatter to deceive - they'll GRIND it out to the end of the season. Hope Im wrong, but can't see it.

Vini1875
28-02-2010, 04:25 PM
They're on the rise? Give me a break. I can't believe all the crap about looking over our shoulder at to see where the diet huns are. They have beaten who exactly? Hamilton, Falkirk and Aberdeen, all three of which are struggling and they just beat them by all accounts. We have lost to 3 teams who are on a roll and doing quite well.

All the teams around us have to play each other during March while we have to play Dundee Utd and hearts. If we win our games at home against killie and ross county we go into the derby confident and if we win it go into the dundee utd game full of confidence.

Even yesterdays game we were unlucky not to get a second goal which would have killed the game. We had the chances. We only need one win for the tails to go up again.

I'm not worried about the jambos I think we are fighting for 3rd with dufc.

seanraff07
28-02-2010, 04:28 PM
The only difference between Hearts now compared to realier in the season is they are grinding out wins now, they werent doing that a few months ago.

Tyler Durden
28-02-2010, 05:57 PM

There seems to be alot of p*sh spoken on this thread but this takes the biscuit for me. What justification would Hearts have for thinking they will win the two remaining derbies?

Is this not the same Hearts team who have failed to beat us for the last 6 SPL derbies? Having only held a lead for about 10 minutes of those 6 games?

We've had a dip in form but there's a fine line between winning and losing and we're not that far away from getting back on track IMO.

IWasThere2016
28-02-2010, 06:02 PM
It's a results business - so the Yams are on the rise. Their recent form is markedly better than ours.

Sergey
28-02-2010, 06:10 PM
It's a results business - so the Yams are on the rise. Their recent form is markedly better than ours.

Let's look at the results of the matches in question.

Sheep 0 - Yams 1
Yams 2 - Hamilton 0
Yams 3 - Falkirk 2

Our corresponding fixtures...

Sheep 0 - Hibs 2
Hibs 5 - Hamilton 1
Hibs 2 - Falkirk 0

Edit: Our last 3 fixtures and how well they did.

St Johnstone 1 - Yams 0
Huns 1 - Yams 1
Yams 1 - St Johnstone 2

Hearts also took 1 point out of a possible 9.

Crab apple
28-02-2010, 06:10 PM

Only St Mirren and the Sheep have poorer form than us over the last six games. Motherwell and Killie (despite yesterday's defeat) are the SPL form teams just now. I'm confident that we will be above the Yams come the end of the season but we do need to steady the ship by getting a win - soon!

147lothian
28-02-2010, 06:17 PM
I can't believe this thread, simply because I can't see it happening, in fact it had never even entered my head until I read the thread.

I 'll give it a bit of thought if the situation gets worse, but im forever the optimist!

allmodcons
28-02-2010, 06:28 PM
I can't believe this thread, simply because I can't see it happening, in fact it had never even entered my head until I read the thread.

I 'll give it a bit of thought if the situation gets worse, but im forever the optimist!

You're first post 147!

I'd stop now if I were you. I've not been posting long, but have quickly gotten to know that there's not much room for optimism on these boards.

Jim44
28-02-2010, 06:29 PM
There seems to be alot of p*sh spoken on this thread but this takes the biscuit for me. What justification would Hearts have for thinking they will win the two remaining derbies?

Is this not the same Hearts team who have failed to beat us for the last 6 SPL derbies? Having only held a lead for about 10 minutes of those 6 games?

We've had a dip in form but there's a fine line between winning and losing and we're not that far away from getting back on track IMO.

:agree:
Our confidence has taken a huge blow and I disagree about us being not that far away from getting back on track, while the Jambos, albeit beating so-called 'lesser teams', are beginning to build in confidence. If we fail to beat Killie on Saturday and they manage to beat D. Utd on Sunday, they'll go into the derby expecting to win.

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Our confidence has taken a huge blow and I disagree about us being not that far away from getting back on track, while the Jambos, albeit beating so-called 'lesser teams', are beginning to build in confidence. If we fail to beat Killie on Saturday and they manage to beat D. Utd on Sunday, they'll go into the derby expecting to win.

If we win and they lose we'll be 10 points clear. Sounds good to me. I think I'd prefer to be only 9 points clear though.

allmodcons
28-02-2010, 06:36 PM

Usual glass half empty from Jim44.

Can you not bring yourself to say 'if we BEAT Killie and Hearts lose to Dundee Utd we'll go into the derby looking to win'.

IMO this is a more likely scenario!

Jim44
28-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Usual glass half empty from Jim44.

Can you not bring yourself to say 'if we BEAT Killie and Hearts lose to Dundee Utd we'll go into the derby looking to win'.

IMO this is a more likely scenario!

Well, you've certainly got to know me in such a short space of time. I hope you're not a stalker. :hmmm:

I certainly can bring myself to say ''if we BEAT Killie and Hearts lose to Dundee Utd we'll go into the derby looking to win'.................it's just the believing in what I'm saying that's the problem. Anyway, enough about my problems. Just leave me to my sackcloth and ashes and I promise that no pessimistic realism will pass my lips or keyboard in the immediate future......................unless Killie beat us of-course. :greengrin

Spike Mandela
28-02-2010, 09:32 PM
A few weeks ago some Hearts supporting pals were saying they didn't expect to lose against us,they've changed that to they expect to win against us and are looking beyond.

I do think we will be a different proposition against them and a winner is as hard to predict as usual.

Why all this negative pish!!

But for the very unlucky loss of a penalty late in the game yesterday we would have been sitting 5 points off second place today.

As it stands we are seven points off second and Hearts are seven points off us. If it is so conceivable they could catch us then it is equally conceivable we can catch Celtic.

Let's get right int tae them and get behind the team:notworthy:

jacomo
28-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Given the resources Yogi's had 5th or 6th is not improvement IMHO - it is arguably on like for like basis worse.

Yogi's had more backing than Mixu or Collins - both of whom were pilloried for only finishing 6th.

Yogi seems to be thinking long-term, and that's great as I'd like to see him be here for several years. But I do think lower than 3rd would be very disappointing this season.

therealgavmac
01-03-2010, 09:50 AM
NO!!
And serious questions would have to be asked of the manager and players if this happened:agree:

Sent from my laptop using kneejerk reaction.

:faf::faf:

hibbymark
01-03-2010, 05:36 PM
I think if the gap was still 7 points going into the derby it would be a must win for them. However if they win and cut it to 4 points the momentum would be with them,but 7 points is huge after the split because the fixtures makes points very hard to come by so a draw wouldnt be a bad result.

Regards Yogi, this is the best squad of players outside the old firm by a country mile and this season has been a huge improvement on last but with much improved resources. Both him and this squad have under achieved if they finish lower than 3rd/4th imo.

We were always going to hit a rocky patch like this at some point during the season infact im sure Hughes said this . Still a work in progress but very much the best of the rest! ggtth

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2010, 05:51 PM
I think if the gap was still 7 points going into the derby it would be a must win for them. However if they win and cut it to 4 points the momentum would be with them,but 7 points is huge after the split because the fixtures makes points very hard to come by so a draw wouldnt be a bad result.

Regards Yogi, this is the best squad of players outside the old firm by a country mile and this season has been a huge improvement on last but with much improved resources. Both him and this squad have under achieved if they finish lower than 3rd/4th imo.

We were always going to hit a rocky patch like this at some point during the season infact im sure Hughes said this . Still a work in progress but very much the best of the rest! ggtth

I find that a strange quote, if you read this message board, we have no right back, 2 central defenders who are hopeless. A midfield that only has 2 players, and Colin Pish. How can we have the best squad outside the old firm, with all that crap in the team?:confused:

hibbymark
01-03-2010, 06:08 PM
I find that a strange quote, if you read this message board, we have no right back, 2 central defenders who are hopeless. A midfield that only has 2 players, and Colin Pish. How can we have the best squad outside the old firm, with all that crap in the team?:confused:

Not sure if im taking the bait here but which team do you think has a stronger squad?

jabis
01-03-2010, 06:39 PM

"Happy Clappers do irony" :agree:

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Not sure if im taking the bait here but which team do you think has a stronger squad?

If i'm honest, i dont really know what other teams squads are like. I think we must have a squad good enough to challenge for 3rd, as we are.All i know is we are 4th now, in a fight for that elusive 3rd place, a european spot. That was good enough for me at the start of this season, and is still good enough now.

Dashing Bob S
01-03-2010, 08:29 PM
It's been a funny season. I think we've the 3rd best squad in the league, but we've seldom gelled as a team. A lot of players seem off the boil at the moment, but I do expect us to come good again and battle it out with DU for 3rd. It's Yogi's first season in charge, and he'll know what needs to be done for next season.

We need physically stronger players, especially in midfield, to offer some protection to the likes of Miller and Zemmama, who are obviously less comfortable on mud than on grass. I personally think that Bamba should be back in midfield at the moment.

We desperately need a performance against Killie.

The Yams are as usual, big on arrogance, but as has been pointed out they've beaten pretty demoralised sides, and certainly haven't looked world beaters doing it. If they get results at Tannadice and Fir Park i'll be a bit more impressed.

Speedway
02-03-2010, 01:45 PM
So, if its predictably unacceptable - why wouldn't the manager's position not be untenable? :devil:

Double negatives ahoy!!

turning it around you've asked me:

Why would the manager's postion be tenable?

Because there's more to take into consideration when firing and replacing a manager than his first season's placing, especially if that placing is top 6.

Doesn't that not make sense? :devil:

Cropley10
02-03-2010, 01:56 PM

How many Hibs players would get into a non OF SPL team? Stokes, defo. Miller? Bamba? McBride? Murray? Not many anyway IMHO.

hibbymark
02-03-2010, 03:07 PM
How many Hibs players would get into a non OF SPL team? Stokes, defo. Miller? Bamba? McBride? Murray? Not many anyway IMHO.

Weatherspoon? zemmama? Riorden? Stack/smith/brown?

mjhibby
02-03-2010, 05:22 PM

My word talk about ott.We are currently 1 point off third and are seven ahead of hertz.We play killie at home on saturday and the arabs play hertz.The odds are we will be 9 or ten points ahead of hertz and possibly third.We will then be at least 6 to 9 points ahead of hertz going into the derby depending on their result in the game against well.As for not being in the top six,i think a wee look at the table shows we have virtually wrapped up that already.Too many fans are overreacting now as they were when we were going well.
Its anybodys guess who will finish 3rd but i cant believe hibs fans can see us finishing any lower than 4th.Plus the small matter of the scottish cup.As for hertz they have ground our results against poorer teams and now face 1st.third 4th and fifth in their next 4 games.I think they will be kucky to win one of them so will still be well behind us going into the split.They havent beaten us in the league for two seasons now and remember the last time we went to the pbs minus half a team and lacking in so called confidence.Wins against killie and ross county and our season will look much brighter.Its always the way supporting hibs but i trust yogi to get it sorted. :thumbsup:

HFC 0-7
02-03-2010, 05:32 PM
aye absolutely. :thumbsup:

this is the same team that got us to third and people now seem to be of the opinion that we are pish!

get a grip and get behind the team

And its the same team that got humped 5 - 1 from St Johnstone. It doesnt mean anything that the team got is to third if they cant keep us there, right now all the signs are pointing to us falling further down the league. The players that were playing well in the first half of the season are faltering and the players coming in for them arent cutting it either, the tactics right now are questionable and even the manager is sounding much less confident than before. IMO January transfer window was where we started the fall, we knew where the weaknesses were and nothing was done about it. IMo if Yogi doesnt stop playing long ball football to Stokes up front we wont pick up many points and we will be firmly in the pockets of the more physical sides.

hfc rd
02-03-2010, 06:22 PM
If the yams do finish above us then it would probably be a dissapointing season, as we have been above them throughout this season and we were tipping them for a relegation dog-fight with Falkirk. I think finishing 3rd or 4th or even winning the SC will be a season to remember. As long as we get into Europe or win the SC will do me fine.

Alex Trager
02-03-2010, 07:32 PM
this is like a post from jk

Cropley10
02-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Weatherspoon? zemmama? Riorden? Stack/smith/brown?

Take the green tinted specs off:greengrin Zemmama doesn't even get a regular start and Wotherspoon's not even had a full season. As for the keeper's you really think they're the best outwith the OF?

Part/Time Supporter
02-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Take the green tinted specs off:greengrin Zemmama doesn't even get a regular start and Wotherspoon's not even had a full season. As for the keeper's you really think they're the best outwith the OF?

There isn't a particularly good keeper outside the OF now. Cerny is probably the best of an average bunch IMO.

Alex Trager
07-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Can i just say :
'if hearts finish above us?':faf: stupid thread ,keep the faith

mjhibby
07-03-2010, 06:05 PM
My word talk about ott.We are currently 1 point off third and are seven ahead of hertz.We play killie at home on saturday and the arabs play hertz.The odds are we will be 9 or ten points ahead of hertz and possibly third.We will then be at least 6 to 9 points ahead of hertz going into the derby depending on their result in the game against well.As for not being in the top six,i think a wee look at the table shows we have virtually wrapped up that already.Too many fans are overreacting now as they were when we were going well.
Its anybodys guess who will finish 3rd but i cant believe hibs fans can see us finishing any lower than 4th.Plus the small matter of the scottish cup.As for hertz they have ground our results against poorer teams and now face 1st.third 4th and fifth in their next 4 games.I think they will be kucky to win one of them so will still be well behind us going into the split.They havent beaten us in the league for two seasons now and remember the last time we went to the pbs minus half a team and lacking in so called confidence.Wins against killie and ross county and our season will look much brighter.Its always the way supporting hibs but i trust yogi to get it sorted. :thumbsup:

As i said.

Coco Bryce
23-03-2010, 10:46 PM

Well?

Danderhall Hibs
23-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Well?

They need to win 3 more matches, we need to lose all of ours to allow them to catch us. They only raise their game for us and if they make the top 6 only get to play us once more.

Coco Bryce
23-03-2010, 10:49 PM
They need to win 3 more matches, we need to lose all of ours to allow them to catch us. They only raise their game for us and if they make the top 6 only get to play us once more.

Thats what worries me most DH :boo hoo:

Sir David Gray
23-03-2010, 10:51 PM
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Hearts finish above us.

Like I said last week, we are in complete freefall with absolutely no sign of it coming to an end any time soon.

Hearts are by no means a great side either but they are playing with a bit more spirit and desire than we are.

Depor Hibs
23-03-2010, 10:54 PM
Hearts are by no means a great side either but they are playing with a bit more spirit and desire than we are.[/QUOTE]

Who isn't???

Vince White
24-03-2010, 12:12 AM

Hopefully we won't lose them all but the way we're playing it's hard to see us winning many.

noseyhibby
24-03-2010, 12:34 AM

Hearts, to me, mean little in the grand scheme of things. They are just another club capable of taking and losing 3 points of us and/or finishing above or below us. I long ago purged myself of the belief that somehow the world would end if my team lost against "THEM" and/or finished below them. I long ago shook off the nonsense of defining my teams success against their performance and/or league placing. Neutrals would see that both hibernian and Hearts have achieved relatively little, trophy-wise, in their combined 271 years of competing for the 3 major trophies. Neither club is entitled to feel "superior" to the other as their fan bases are historically similar, their trophy collection separated by a mere 6 trophies over the timescales mentioned, but a neutral might conclude that the future looks a whole lot healthier for the Easter Road club with a soon-to-be-completed modern stadium, little debt and a state of the art training complex enticing more and more youngsters towards Hibernian, whilst the Tynecastle outfit are riddled with unsustainable debt, a stadium they don't own and have to compete with university students for training facilities.