PDA

View Full Version : Wayne Bridge

Hibernian Verse
27-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Can anyone enlighten me as to why HE'S getting booed?

--------
27-02-2010, 01:00 PM

Maybe because he didn't shake Terry's hand? Because he's withdrawn from the England team? :confused:

Hibernian Verse
27-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Maybe because he didn't shake Terry's hand? :confused:

I just picked it up 6 mins in so didn't know that, still seems like a pretty poor reason. Can't really see the fans booing him shaking the hand of their misses' bit on the side.

Judas Iscariot
27-02-2010, 01:05 PM

Cos Chelsea fans are English Hun mungos :agree:

NOLA
27-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Maybe because he didn't shake Terry's hand? Because he's withdrawn from the England team? :confused:

I'd have stuck the nut on terry

Cool_Hand_Luke
27-02-2010, 01:11 PM
You think any of the Chelsea players will try and wind Bridge up about it in the hope he gets himself sent off?

Hibernian Verse
27-02-2010, 01:14 PM
You think any of the Chelsea players will try and wind Bridge up about it in the hope he gets himself sent off?

I'm sure a lot of them are good mates, so I'd hope this isn't the case. As for Terry, Tevez should go right through him :agree:

Cool_Hand_Luke
27-02-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm sure a lot of them are good mates, so I'd hope this isn't the case. As for Terry, Tevez should go right through him :agree:

There's no mates on the football pitch :agree: :greengrin

--------
27-02-2010, 01:28 PM

I'd be very surprised if ALL the Chelsea players side with Terry.

Between Terry, Bridge, and the Cole business, Capello must be more than a trifle peeved right now....

Judas Iscariot
27-02-2010, 01:32 PM
There's no mates on the football pitch :agree: :greengrin

Your right :wink:

ScottB
27-02-2010, 01:57 PM
There were reports that several of the Chelsea team had sided with Bridge, he was there a while, I'm sure he has many mates in the team still.

Would be brilliant if someone halfed that cocky pr!ck Terry though...

--------
27-02-2010, 02:51 PM
There were reports that several of the Chelsea team had sided with Bridge, he was there a while, I'm sure he has many mates in the team still.

Would be brilliant if someone halfed that cocky pr!ck Terry though...

:agree: He isn't half as good as he thinks he is.

KerPlunk
27-02-2010, 02:57 PM

True, we'll find out for sure in SA, won't we ? :greengrin :cool2:

--------
27-02-2010, 03:01 PM
True, we'll find out for sure in SA, won't we ? :greengrin :cool2:

I surely hope so.

Terry's a player I've always found very hard to like.

Compared to some previous England captains, he doesn't compare well, either as a player or as a person.

KerPlunk
27-02-2010, 03:07 PM
I surely hope so.

Terry's a player I've always found very hard to like.

Compared to some previous England captains, he doesn't compare well, either as a player or as a person.

The best thing I can find to say about him is that he's an odious piece of $h1t.

heretoday
27-02-2010, 03:11 PM
It's all media hype. The players themselves don't give a toss. They're too busy counting their wages.
As for the WAGs - well, there'll be another one along in a minute!

Mantis Toboggan
27-02-2010, 03:12 PM
It's all media hype. The players themselves don't give a toss. They're too busy counting their wages.
As for the WAGs - well, there'll be another one along in a minute!

dunno about that - if bridge doesn't care why did he refuse to shake terry's hand, and withdraw from the england squad in a world cup year?

robinp
27-02-2010, 03:12 PM
YouTube - Craig Bellamy's Scathing Attack on John Terry in Live TV Interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjhbv1UxjjU&feature=player_embedded)

heretoday
27-02-2010, 03:30 PM
dunno about that - if bridge doesn't care why did he refuse to shake terry's hand, and withdraw from the england squad in a world cup year?

That's not in stone, I reckon. He may "bow to pressure" once the WC draws near. If Capello appeals to him to join the cause nearer the time his "resolve" may weaken. Then he won't lose face.

Don't forget you read it in The Sun first!

DrSpaceMonkey
27-02-2010, 03:37 PM
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs376.snc3/24097_328643239719_854709719_3319362_4245885_n.jpg
(http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs376.snc3/24097_328643239719_854709719_3319362_4245885_n.jpg )

JE89
27-02-2010, 03:44 PM
YouTube - Wayne Bridge blanks John Terry Chelsea Man City (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbfSceXplZ0)

:top marks

cheltenhamhibee
27-02-2010, 03:48 PM
fair play tae bridge, terry is a knob of the highest order

Hainan Hibs
27-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Well done to Bridge.

Must have been hard not to hand out a right hook.

Woody1985
27-02-2010, 03:52 PM
YouTube - Craig Bellamy's Scathing Attack on John Terry in Live TV Interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjhbv1UxjjU&feature=player_embedded)

'I know what JTs like and nothing surprises me about him'. :faf:

This is why I like Bellamy, tells it like it is. I wonder what JTs wife will make of that comment!

KerPlunk
27-02-2010, 03:55 PM

This is why I like Bellamy, tells it like it is. I wonder what JTs wife will make of that comment!

JT's wife is no MENSA member and as long as he's supplying her with shoos, parfum and a Harvey Nick's card, she's probably not too bothered.

Oh, and she's also a hatchet faced wee boot.

:duck:

Hainan Hibs
27-02-2010, 03:58 PM
JT's wife is no MENSA member and as long as he's supplying her with shoos, parfum and a Harvey Nick's card, she's probably not too bothered.

:agree:She won't be bothered as long as she can still go out and go radio rental with the credit card.

Nice wee holiday in Dubai to pretend to be angry and then back to London. No bad for some.

ScottB
27-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Not exactly on topic but...

Why do both Man Utd and Man City have each others colours on their away kits this year? :confused:

Future17
27-02-2010, 05:45 PM

Interviewer calls Craig Bellamy "Wayne"! :greengrin

Hibernian Verse
27-02-2010, 05:51 PM

If you watch this video...

YouTube - The Terry-Bridge Hand Shake That Didn't Happy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHq5PM0aFqI)

Just a second in, Bellamy shakes Terry's hand but looks away :agree:

Speedy
27-02-2010, 05:55 PM

Hardly a scathing attack :wink:

Phil MaGlass
27-02-2010, 05:59 PM
MILKY - Does he not look away and at the same time calls him a wanqer? certainly looks like it.

Hibernian Verse
27-02-2010, 06:02 PM
MILKY - Does he not look away and at the same time calls him a wanqer? certainly looks like it.

:greengrin Didn't notice that, well spotted.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-02-2010, 06:15 PM
What a complete bunch of fannies booing Bridge!! :confused: Like ANYONE in that crowd booing him would stand and shake hands with someone whos bn servicing their missus behind their backs for months!!! Especially if it was someone who u were supposedly mates with?!?! Clowns.

Pedantic_Hibee
27-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Thought he called him a humper of the hand as well.

I like wee Bellers. He's a ticking timebomb who must be an absolute nightmare to manage but he tells it like it is.

And he does an absolute shedload for charity that is rarely publicised as the media love to portray him as a vile wee fud.

Pedantic_Hibee
27-02-2010, 06:18 PM
What a complete bunch of fannies booing Bridge!! :confused: Like ANYONE in that crowd booing him would stand and shake hands with someone whos bn servicing their missus behind their backs for months!!! Especially if it was someone who u were supposedly mates with?!?! Clowns.

Unsurprisingly, Therapist on JKB idolises Chelsea so that fits right into the character assessment above.

Get that 4v2 wrapped right roond ye, Therapist, you cretinous little bigot.

goosano
27-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Speaking of Terry how bad is his haircut

Pedantic_Hibee
27-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Speaking of Terry how bad is his haircut

He's a classless chav. As is his mother and father.

He's the very embodiment of Chelsea actually......lots of money without actually deserving it.

KerPlunk
27-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Thought he called him a humper of the hand as well.

I like wee Bellers. He's a ticking timebomb who must be an absolute nightmare to manage but he tells it like it is.

And he does an absolute shedload for charity that is rarely publicised as the media love to portray him as a vile wee fud.

Yup, me too. A nightmare to manage, a nightmare to play against but a guy you'd just love to have in your team. He's got pace, great control and a good shot.

Still a wee bawbag though..........:faf:

Scorrie
27-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Yup, me too. A nightmare to manage, a nightmare to play against but a guy you'd just love to have in your team. He's got pace, great control and a good shot.

Exactly and on days like this, great to have on your side. Game confirmed that Terry is nowhere near as good as he and the media think he is either.

Pedantic_Hibee
27-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Exactly and on days like this, great to have on your side. Game confirmed that Terry is nowhere near as good as he and the media think he is either.

I've always thought that about him. £130,000k a week for that? I swear I've come up against folk like him at amateur level; industrial footballers who clog their way through a game halving, chopping, tugging and pulling.

He was promoted by Chelsea and used as a poster boy in a vain attempt to convince all and sundry that they remained true to their roots amidst the Russian Revolution that blessed them with ill-gotten riches.

He's a classless thug and if he's worth £40m as per press reports in the summer, slap a £5m tag on my head. I can kick, grab and hoof my way through 90 minutes as well and I won't bonk my team-mates bit of skirt into the bargain.

And my mother and father are full-time workers who don't rob or punt drugs for kicks either.

hibztilltheend
27-02-2010, 06:57 PM
its really lucky we couldn't sign terry in the summer:greengrin

Hainan Hibs
27-02-2010, 06:59 PM
its really lucky we couldn't sign terry in the summer:greengrin

Bottom 6 standard at best:agree:

Monts
27-02-2010, 08:46 PM
http://wsilva.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/transvestite_lucy_mbd210109display.jpg

AugustaHibs
27-02-2010, 08:52 PM
http://wsilva.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/transvestite_lucy_mbd210109display.jpg

:faf::faf::faf:

Hiber-nation
27-02-2010, 08:53 PM

Used to hate the wee bassa but you could never question his ability - his performance against us at ER near the end of the season that celtc fkd it up was just different class.

ArabHibee
27-02-2010, 09:01 PM

Think that's a bit out of order. She never asked her husband to **** about behind her back, did she?

Albanian Hibs
27-02-2010, 11:35 PM

:faf:

Speedy
28-02-2010, 01:13 AM
Slightly off topic but does anyone know why they do all the hand shaking stuff in England, or alternatively why we don't do it up here?

mully_bear
28-02-2010, 01:17 AM
correct - slower than a week in the jail.

did you see him again inter, all over the place

ian cruise
28-02-2010, 01:39 AM
Slightly off topic but does anyone know why they do all the hand shaking stuff in England, or alternatively why we don't do it up here?

apparently its in their fair play guidelines (or something along those lines)down there, there was talk that bridge could get in trouble with fa for not taking part

Woody1985
28-02-2010, 02:53 AM
:greengrin Didn't notice that, well spotted.

:agree:

Steve-O
28-02-2010, 03:15 AM
Think that's a bit out of order. She never asked her husband to **** about behind her back, did she?

She did forgive and forget rather quickly though...

basehibby
28-02-2010, 09:36 AM

Maybe because he's chucked his toys out his pram and refused to play for his country because another england player (who has been severely taken to task about it) ****ged his EX-missus???

Admittedly I don't know all the details but from what I can gather this whole thing is the definition of a storm in a teacup.

I think fans of the England team have every right to be angry about Bridge insulting the jersey by using what amounts to a petty personal difference as an excuse for backing out of his national side.

He would maybe have a point if it was his current partner that was involved - the fact that it was his EX makes the whole thing a total joke and has me scratching my head as to why it even made the papers at all :dunno:

ArabHibee
28-02-2010, 12:27 PM
She did forgive and forget rather quickly though...

Maybe, but probably putting on a front for the cameras?

The point I was trying to make is she is hardly a hatched faced boot, is she?

KerPlunk wouldnae be saying no to a bit of that if it chatted him up in a nightclub, would he?

Gus
28-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Maybe because he's chucked his toys out his pram and refused to play for his country because another england player (who has been severely taken to task about it) ****ged his EX-missus???

Admittedly I don't know all the details but from what I can gather this whole thing is the definition of a storm in a teacup.

I think fans of the England team have every right to be angry about Bridge insulting the jersey by using what amounts to a petty personal difference as an excuse for backing out of his national side.

He would maybe have a point if it was his current partner that was involved - the fact that it was his EX makes the whole thing a total joke and has me scratching my head as to why it even made the papers at all :dunno:

what p1sh............they roomed together at Chelsea, were good friends & fair enough they were split up a MONTH before, but come on, terry has then done the dirty on bridge - when he is married with two kids

The ONLY England fans having a go are one's at Chelsea, i think ANYONE would find it hard being in Bridge's position

Wonder how you would react

CropleyWasGod
28-02-2010, 12:47 PM
what p1sh............they roomed together at Chelsea, were good friends & fair enough they were split up a MONTH before, but come on, terry has then done the dirty on bridge - when he is married with two kids

The ONLY England fans having a go are one's at Chelsea, i think ANYONE would find it hard being in Bridge's position

I think there's a little bit of sanctimony going on here. Imo, the neds at Chelsea are booing Bridge because he's NOT Chelsea. He's an easy target for narrow-minded abuse. That's what football supporters do.... find something to have a go at. We (the collective "we" in the sense of some East standers) had a go at Morais yesterday.... was it justified?

MOTD highlighted the Chelsea fans who clapped Bridge off...

Speedy
28-02-2010, 02:34 PM

It depends on how they broke up. If he told her to GTF then your comments would maybe be fair but for all we know, she may have left him and he might still have been devastated about it.

J-C
28-02-2010, 04:33 PM

Made the papers cause Tarry is meant to be happily married with kids, also whether or not they had broken up, he was Bridges mate at Chelsea and you just don't do that to your mate, ex or not.

KerPlunk
28-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Maybe, but probably putting on a front for the cameras?

The point I was trying to make is she is hardly a hatched faced boot, is she?

KerPlunk wouldnae be saying no to a bit of that if it chatted him up in a nightclub, would he?

Ah, but wait a minute.........this KerPlunk character might be gay, or a rugmuncher, or celibate or an urban spaceman.

Never assume. :gun:

ArabHibee
28-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Ah, but wait a minute.........this KerPlunk character might be gay, or a rugmuncher, or celibate or an urban spaceman.

Never assume. :gun:

Fair point but still think what you said was a bit off.

Hibs On Tour
01-03-2010, 01:16 AM

Wasn't aware that JT had done this *after* WB and her had split - had thought that it was done while they were together? If its after the split then WB needs to have a Coke and a smile and get the **** over it really and stop all this poor wee me ******. If it was while they were together though, he should go through JT's door and melt his knees wi a hammer... :devil:

Dunbar Hibee
01-03-2010, 01:32 AM
She also had an abortion thinking it was Terry's baby but maybe it was Bridge's :confused: Terry's Mrs and Bridge's Mrs were also best friends which adds insult to injury.:agree: JT = ******. Team Bridge:thumbsup:

basehibby
01-03-2010, 07:55 AM

NOT an excuse to walk out on your country - typical of the modern day overpaid, faint hearted football pro IMO.

Danderhall Hibs
01-03-2010, 08:12 AM
She also had an abortion thinking it was Terry's baby

They denied that story.

Danderhall Hibs
01-03-2010, 08:13 AM
Did anyone see Craig Bellamy's interview on Goals on Sunday? He basically called Terry a **** and said everyone in football knows he's a ****. :thumbsup:

Phil MaGlass
01-03-2010, 01:01 PM
enjoyed that one too,it was also good to see some Chelsea fans cheer Bridge off when he was subbed.

(((Fergus)))
01-03-2010, 02:15 PM

Up here, all handshake formalities are conducted in the referee's room

jgl07
01-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Up here, all handshake formalities are conducted in the referee's room
No that's just the funny handshaking.

hibsboy90
01-03-2010, 03:20 PM
I think what a lot of the England fans slagging off WB for leaving his country are not consiering one notion: That WB thought that it would be impossible for him to give 100% for his nation whilst alongside Terry. It's not like JT is a fringe player, who if Capello had to choose only one to play, it would be WB every time.

IWasThere2016
01-03-2010, 03:34 PM
If you watch this video...

YouTube - The Terry-Bridge Hand Shake That Didn't Happy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHq5PM0aFqI)

Just a second in, Bellamy shakes Terry's hand but looks away :agree:

And says "winker" :wink:

IWasThere2016
01-03-2010, 03:35 PM
At FT, Bridge texted Terry to say "that's how you play away from home. TWAT"

mjhibby
01-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Hardly a scathing attack :wink:

Not a great fan of bellamy but that was a brilliant put down of terry and his arrogance while praising him as player.You would nave made fergie proud with that.So glad chelsea and terry are getting their just deserts for their arrogance and the title is now between manu and the erse imho as the chelsea defence is all over the pace and minus cech for a month will drop a few points.Never liked the chelsea of the last ten years and would love arsenal to win it but suspect that as usual fergie will win depite a horrendous injury list he has had to deal with.If he wins the league and/or the champions league i reckon it could be his greatest achievement considering he has had up to 7 defenders injured at one time and his best one has missed nearly all the season.