PDA

View Full Version : Question Buying an East stand seat

Sir David Gray
26-02-2010, 02:10 PM
Do East stand ST holders have the opportunity to buy their own seat?

Having checked the wording of the article on the website earlier in the week when the club announced the scheme, it seems to me that it might just be a random seat that you are purchasing and not necessarily your own seat.

I know that the scheme is open to anyone to buy a seat and not just "east standers" but I thought that people with ST's in the East stand would have the opportunity to buy their own seat and anyone else who wanted to buy an east stand seat could purchase one that wasn't occupied by a ST holder.

I thought about buying my brother his seat for his birthday but I don't think I'll bother if it's not his own seat.

Any help would be appreciated!

Riordans Boots
26-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Do East stand ST holders have the opportunity to buy their own seat?

Having checked the wording of the article on the website earlier in the week when the club announced the scheme, it seems to me that it might just be a random seat that you are purchasing and not necessarily your own seat.

I know that the scheme is open to anyone to buy a seat and not just "east standers" but I thought that people with ST's in the East stand would have the opportunity to buy their own seat and anyone else who wanted to buy an east stand seat could purchase one that wasn't occupied by a ST holder.

I thought about buying my brother his seat for his birthday but I don't think I'll bother if it's not his own seat.

Any help would be appreciated!

Not sure exactly but I filled in the form at the ticket office today and asked for a specific seat number and the guy just said that they would be in touch next week re me collecting it.
You'll have to move quick though as forms have to be in by 5pm today.

Sir David Gray
26-02-2010, 02:43 PM
Not sure exactly but I filled in the form at the ticket office today and asked for a specific seat number and the guy just said that they would be in touch next week re me collecting it.

Cheers.

I'm going to phone the ticket office and pay over the phone rather than fill in a form and hand it in as the only time that I'm ever in Edinburgh is when I'm at the football and obviously tomorrow is too late.

I'll give them a phone just now and see what they say.

Thanks again.

woody47
26-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Have tried the bl00dy ticket office for the past three afternoons and get a
bl00dy message saying "message for number 000" then an automated voice telling me the other person has cleared. :grr::grr::grr::grr:
As I can't get to ER due to work commitments I have to rely on the phone but this is a piece of nonsense.
When are they going to sort this shambles out. They seem to think that people can just pop along anytime to ER and by giving us only weekdays to get there they have alienated fans like myself who don't live in Edinburth and WORK during the week.
Not impressed in the slightest. Complaint on its way to the board :grr:

Sir David Gray
26-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Have tried the bl00dy ticket office for the past three afternoons and get a
bl00dy message saying "message for number 000" then an automated voice telling me the other person has cleared. :grr::grr::grr::grr:
As I can't get to ER due to work commitments I have to rely on the phone but this is a piece of nonsense.
When are they going to sort this shambles out. They seem to think that people can just pop along anytime to ER and by giving us only weekdays to get there they have alienated fans like myself who don't live in Edinburth and WORK during the week.
Not impressed in the slightest. Complaint on its way to the board :grr:

I phoned up right after my last post on this thread and I got through to someone in less than a couple of minutes.

I phoned the 0844 number and then pressed option 2 and then it went straight through to the ticket office.

In my experience, phoning the ticket office has been a lot less hassle-free in the last couple of years, it's certainly a lot easier than it used to be.

Obviously if you're experiencing problems that you think Hibs should sort out then you're quite entitled to complain.

mixumatosis
26-02-2010, 05:52 PM
I phoned up right after my last post on this thread and I got through to someone in less than a couple of minutes.

I phoned the 0844 number and then pressed option 2 and then it went straight through to the ticket office.

In my experience, phoning the ticket office has been a lot less hassle-free in the last couple of years, it's certainly a lot easier than it used to be.

Obviously if you're experiencing problems that you think Hibs should sort out then you're quite entitled to complain.

Then it must have been you blocking the one phoneline that they've allocated to this whilst I was trying to get through !!! :wink:

Having failed to get through on the phone I've just been up to the office and shelled £30 for three seats and not been given anything in the way of a receipt. It's been very badly thought out IMO.

Hermit Crab
26-02-2010, 08:07 PM
I went down and filled 2 forms in at the office and put specific seats on the form and all the lady said was thats went through we will be in touch next week. Didnt say you will defo get the specific seats. Also go hand written receipt saying paid £20 cash for 2 east terrace seats but no seat numbers on the receipt. SO still unsure if i will get the seats i asked for:dunno::dunno:

BigKev
26-02-2010, 09:20 PM
I tried for about three hours this afternoon to call on the 0844 number to buy a seat and like Woody kept getting the answering machine.

Have to say I'll be majorly pi$$ed off if I don't get to purchase a seat.

Like many others I think Hibs organisation of this has been poor.

If you don't have the internet then the information coming out the club leaves you very little time to react.

My Dad got his letter about the East yesterday when he got in from work - An hour and a half after requests for ST holders in the East to contact ER closed if they had specific wishes relating to whom they wished to sit beside or any other query relating to relocation.

Pretty poor from our admin tbh.

The Harp
26-02-2010, 10:13 PM

I did the same this morning. Handed over the cash for a few seats and was told they would try to give the seat numbers I wanted and would phone me when they are ready to be collected. Only realised later I've not got a receipt or any proof of the deal.

Riordans Boots
27-02-2010, 12:19 AM
I did the same this morning. Handed over the cash for a few seats and was told they would try to give the seat numbers I wanted and would phone me when they are ready to be collected. Only realised later I've not got a receipt or any proof of the deal.

Good point. I never thought to ask for a receipt either :grr: