PDA

View Full Version : Miller's Sending Off

seanraff07
21-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Does anyone have a video of their own or a link for it?:rolleyes:
Was at the match but would like to see the incident again.

1875godsgift
21-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Does anyone have a video of their own or a link for it?:rolleyes:
Was at the match but would like to see the incident again.

It's on the BBC SPL page homepage

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8527296.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8527296.stm)

He bundles him off the ball IMO but I don't think it's a "nasty" challenge, and as for the retaliation, it looks just as bad ( if not worse! ) than the challenge.

FranckSuzy
21-02-2010, 07:10 PM
It's on the BBC SPL page homepage

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8527296.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8527296.stm)

He bundles him off the ball IMO but I don't think it's a "nasty" challenge, and as for the retaliation, it looks just as bad ( if not worse! ) than the challenge.

:agree: Totally agree.

Hainan Hibs
21-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Bad challenge but I'd say it was a booking.

What a hard man O'Brien is. Attempts to push Miller and falls over himself. Just missing his handbag and dress to complete his look.

fife hfc
21-02-2010, 08:25 PM
We should appeal it as it was never a sending off and if the ref can't come out and admit he was wrong then he should never handle another spl game. You'll see worse tackles than that in next Sundays OF game without even yellow cards produced.

Geo_1875
21-02-2010, 08:28 PM
It wasn't a malicious challenge and deserved no more than a booking. The reaction of the Motherwell players was over the top and made the situation appear worse than it merited. How the referee can allow 4 players to manhandle Miller and only book one of them is unbelievable. The linesman had no right to interfere after the ref blew for the foul either, unless he had spotted violent conduct and if he did why were they not punished. Refereeing standards are just getting worse.

iwasthere1972
21-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Bad challenge but I'd say it was a booking.

What a hard man O'Brien is. Attempts to push Miller and falls over himself. Just missing his handbag and dress to complete his look.

:agree: No more than a yellow card as far as I am concerned. Let's face it if it was such a bad tackle then O'Brien would have been in too much pain to jump to his feet in double quick time. The fact that he fell over when he retaliated and pushed Miller says it all.

A big girl's blouse. :agree:

monktonharp
21-02-2010, 09:25 PM
We should appeal it as it was never a sending off and if the ref can't come out and admit he was wrong then he should never handle another spl game. You'll see worse tackles than that in next Sundays OF game without even yellow cards produced.appealing aint gonna give Hibs any points. spoke to my 'well supporting uncle today,says never a sending off,papers say much ther same, yogi ***** raging,SFA...........well that's another story. looks like the ref reacted to the misconduct of the 'well players and their fans by sending off an opposing plyer, for virtually eff all ,thereby costing the away club,big style:grr:

Leith_Hibee
21-02-2010, 09:33 PM
It wasn't the ref, watch the highlights, it was clearly the lino that told him it was a seding off.

Can see why he sent him off, two feet off the ground through the back - my issue is with O'Brien not being sent off too for raising his hands.

monktonharp
21-02-2010, 09:46 PM
It wasn't the ref, watch the highlights, it was clearly the lino that told him it was a seding off.

Can see why he sent him off, two feet off the ground through the back - my issue is with O'Brien not being sent off too for raising his hands.thanks for that,me auld unc happened to mention O'Briwn as being a bit of a ****,looking for trouble!

Hibercelona
21-02-2010, 10:05 PM
appealing aint gonna give Hibs any points. spoke to my 'well supporting uncle today,says never a sending off,papers say much ther same, yogi ***** raging,SFA...........well that's another story. looks like the ref reacted to the misconduct of the 'well players and their fans by sending off an opposing plyer, for virtually eff all ,thereby costing the away club,big style:grr:

The sending off didn't cost us.

The players not showing up cost us big time.

greenlex
21-02-2010, 10:07 PM
The sending off didn't cost us.

The players not showing up cost us big time.

Bollox. 10 men for an hour against an in form Motherwell on that tattie field? Of course it cost us.

matty_f
21-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Bollox. 10 men for an hour against an in form Motherwell on that tattie field? Of course it cost us.

:agree:

The pitch makes the game a lottery, and despite that we at least matched Motherwell when it was 11 v 11, and were worth a draw over the piece, IMHO.

Hibercelona
21-02-2010, 10:13 PM

We were pish poor even with Miller on.

We could have had 12 men on the pitch and we still wouldn't have taken anything.

We can complain about the condition of the pitch and the sending off, but the players didn't exactly cover themselves in glory.

Not much more improvement than Wednesday night IMO.

greenlex
21-02-2010, 10:15 PM
We were pish poor even with Miller on.

We could have had 12 men on the pitch and we still wouldn't have taken anything.

We can complain about the condition of the pitch and the sending off, but the players didn't exactly cover themselves in glory.

Not much more improvement than Wednesday night IMO.
Opinions eh. I think you are incorrect on every count.
We were not great but we were a million times better than Wed.

Hibercelona
21-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Opinions eh. I think you are incorrect on every count.
We were not great but we were a million times better than Wed.

We had 1 shot on target in a 90 minute period.

That says it all for me.

If that was a million times better than Wednesday, then i'm hoping we play a trillion times better next weekend.

1875godsgift
22-02-2010, 01:04 AM
It wasn't a malicious challenge and deserved no more than a booking. The reaction of the Motherwell players was over the top and made the situation appear worse than it merited. How the referee can allow 4 players to manhandle Miller and only book one of them is unbelievable. The linesman had no right to interfere after the ref blew for the foul either, unless he had spotted violent conduct and if he did why were they not punished. Refereeing standards are just getting worse.

And the ref was only 5 yards away in the first place! I think everybody who has an opinion needs to make it plain, either by letter or email or both, to the SFA, or otherwise absolutely sweet SFA is ever going to get done about it!
Assault on Zemmamma 2 points.
Over-zealous challenge by Miller-straight red?
Fair enough in the old days, without the benefit of slow motion replays and that, then it was easy to gift the decisions to the infirm.
The Masonic Lodge doesn't have the same power in England as it has in Sctland, and it seems that refereeing in Scotland is a "closed shop" in that they don't have to explain themselves!
Get it buckin sorted Petrie!

craig1875
22-02-2010, 02:34 AM
My computer is jumpy so i can't see the video properly, but to me it looked 2footed. Which if so defines it as "serious foul play". From sfa website:

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Or at least that the reason i think the ref would give, for showing a red card.

The_Horde
22-02-2010, 04:34 AM
My computer is jumpy so i can't see the video properly, but to me it looked 2footed. Which if so defines it as "serious foul play". From sfa website:

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Or at least that the reason i think the ref would give, for showing a red card.

It wasn't 2 footed IMO.

Yellow card. :agree:

bornahibby
22-02-2010, 08:23 AM

Can see why he sent him off, two feet off the ground through the back - my issue is with O'Brien not being sent off too for raising his hands.

No it wasn't! What are you watching! He went in with one foot, not a straight leg, and from the side!

It was hard and late so def a yellow, but if that is a red just be done with it and make football a non-contact sport as every game will finish 7 a side.

Agree with you about O'Brian though Same for the guy who grabs him round the neck - when is that not violent conduct?!

Baader
22-02-2010, 09:02 AM
Not the best challenge and probably worthy of a booking but NEVER a red.

What's worse is that the referee is right beside it and must have had a full view. If he thinks that is a red card decision then God help us...

J-C
22-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Clumbsy challenge which should've got a yellow, should definately appeal. What I'd like to know is why the ref went over to his linesman, did he need a second opinion, specially as the video shows he's only about 15 ft away from the incident.

MussyHibby
22-02-2010, 09:51 AM
I've already said it should have been a yellow, but to me it's borderline red simply because of the apparent anger/venom in him for losing possession. It's not just about the tackle, it's the few seconds before it that made up the mind up the officials. We all want a bit of passion, particularly now, but for a seasoned pro', I think he lost it for a few seconds.:agree:

Holmesdale Hibs
22-02-2010, 10:04 AM
I agree it wasn't a dirty challange or a red card and I think the Motherwell reaction went a long way to getting him sent off. BUT it was still a stupid challange to make and even if he only got a yellow it would still have been a unnecessary booking.

Maybe the rest will do him good (it must be his first full season for a while) and he can return to playing well as he has done for most of the season.

greenlex
22-02-2010, 11:30 AM
I've already said it should have been a yellow, but to me it's borderline red simply because of the apparent anger/venom in him for losing possession. It's not just about the tackle, it's the few seconds before it that made up the mind up the officials. We all want a bit of passion, particularly now, but for a seasoned pro', I think he lost it for a few seconds.:agree:
Thats my take on it and said as much on another thread. At the game from another angle it looked worse than it possibly was. OBrien should have gone and as screaming for it at the time as that looked worse at the time IMO. I was however feeling Miller would be lucky to stay on the park. Stupid reckless and no need. He made the officials make a decision and it could always have turned out as it did. He let himself, his team mates and Hibs down.