PDA

View Full Version : Changes for tomorrow, Thoughts?

007 Mickey Weir
19-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Its been talked about before but I think we should try the 3-5-2. Or More 3-1-3-2-1 :greengrin
Murray playing the holding midfielder in front on a back 3. Stevenson coming into midfield.
Not wholesale changes but giving the midfield a lot more strength.

-----------------------------SMITH------------------------------------

---------HOGG--------------BAMBA---------------HANLON--------------

----------------------------MURRAY-----------------------------------

-----WOTHERSPOON--------MILLER--------------STEVENSON-----------

--------------ZEMMAMA----------------RIORDAN-----------------------

----------------------------STOKES-----------------------------------

SUBS
-----
STACK
CREGG
GALBRAITH
GOW
BENJI
THICOT
RANKIN

Carheenlea
19-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Am I the only one on here who is not an aficionado of in-depth tactics and complicated formations..?

I just want to see everyone in a Hibs jersey get fired in and look up for it.

noseyhibby
19-02-2010, 09:10 PM
I favour 4 at the back-5 in midfield and-1 up front (Stokes) and don't care who else plays as long as we smother the midfield, dig-in deep and hit them on the break. Ending this mini-sequence of defeats is essential. Confidence is low and picking up a point is essential. I predict a draw. I also feel that Dundee United will beat Celtic.

down-the-slope
19-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Its been talked about before but I think we should try the 3-5-2. Or More 3-1-3-2-1 :greengrin
Murray playing the holding midfielder in front on a back 3. Stevenson coming into midfield.
Not wholesale changes but giving the midfield a lot more strength.

-----------------------------SMITH------------------------------------

---------HOGG--------------BAMBA---------------HANLON--------------

----------------------------MURRAY-----------------------------------

-----WOTHERSPOON--------MILLER--------------STEVENSON-----------

--------------ZEMMAMA----------------RIORDAN-----------------------

----------------------------STOKES-----------------------------------

SUBS
-----
STACK
CREGG
GALBRAITH
GOW
BENJI
THICOT
RANKIN

Scoring more than than Motherwell :dunno:

ALF TUPPER
19-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Am I the only one on here who is not an aficionado of in-depth tactics and complicated formations..?

good call :thumbsup:

Although errrrrrrrrrrm i'd like to see us play a diamond, flat back four, in a man marking take the game to them sort of a way .............with wingbackers and someone in a hole feeding the goalkicker chaps.

:greengrin

12AlbionPlace
19-02-2010, 09:37 PM

Spot on:thumbsup:

Allant1981
19-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Smith

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Bamba
Murray

Zouma
Miller
Rankin
Riordan

Stokes
Benji

tony higgins
19-02-2010, 09:58 PM

You mean you posted on here and you don,t have coaching certificates.

tut tut.

jakedance
19-02-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm feeling confident and I'm looking forward to the game. It can't be as bad as Wednesday. Yogi can see what we can all see and the obvious changes will be made. Pound for pound we're better than Motherwell so if we're set up to compete then quality will count.

Hibs to come roaring back and win 2-1. Goan my bonny boys.

IWasThere2016
19-02-2010, 10:11 PM
There will be changes ...

silverhibee
19-02-2010, 11:27 PM
There will be changes ...

A plenty. :greengrin

WindyMiller
19-02-2010, 11:33 PM
We've been lacking in midfield for three seasons now.
Cregg and Thicot were both on the bench on Wednesday, play them at some point or ship them out and find others.

Cameron1875
20-02-2010, 12:58 AM
No way can zemmama, riordan, stokes , benji all start in the same team again :grr:

Smith

Wotherspoon
hogg
bamba
murray

miller
rankin
cregg
stevenson

stokes
riordan

Baldy Foghorn
20-02-2010, 06:53 AM
No way can zemmama, riordan, stokes , benji all start in the same team again :grr:

Smith

Wotherspoon
hogg
bamba
murray

miller
rankin
cregg
stevenson

stokes
riordan

Midfield looks a bit light IMO, would play Galbraith to give us more width.

Libby Hibby
20-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Spoony rb, hogg,hanlon,murray lb zemmama,bamba,miller,galbraith, stokes and riordon

allmodcons
20-02-2010, 09:14 AM
IMO we should move Murray into centre midfield alongside Miller and play Stevenson at left back (when he gets an opportunity he's always steady and is a decent passer of the ball).

Who we play in the middle at the back must be a nightmare choice for Hughes. Bamba's been showing really poor form lately, so I'd probably go with Hogg and Hanlon.

I'd like to see us play a 4-3-1-2, but haven't a clue who I'd play up front with Stokes, obviously, it's a straight choice between Benji and Riordan, but with these two you're never sure if either of them will turn up.

Smith

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Hanlon
Stevenson

Rankin/Cregg
Miller
Murray

Zemmama

Stokes
Riordan/Benji

I'd make a sh**e manager 'cos, as you can see, I can't make my mind up in several positions. Wouldn't fancy Yogi's job!!

The Voice Of Reason
20-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Smith

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Bamba
Murray

Zouma
Miller
Rankin
Riordan
Stokes
Benji

Sorry, cannot see Yogi putting these 3 in the same team (given events on Wed and also considering that Fir Park is an even worse surface than ER).

Wouldn't be surprised if he brought Cregg in to the mix. He may even play Hoggy up front........OK, that part was a joke!

Brooster
20-02-2010, 09:29 AM
Riordan and Benji were non triers on Wednesday so I'd expect them to sit out, Hanlon could also miss out. I expect Cregg and Stevenson to come in at the very least.

Steve20
20-02-2010, 09:30 AM
There will probably be a couple of changes. Better performance but we will still lose 2-0 or 2-1

7Hero
20-02-2010, 09:47 AM
so we have shipped in 8 goals yet nobody suggests changing the goalie :dunno:

I would drop smith and also bamba.

no place for the moroccans either, get cregg back in for hopefully a bit of dig.

Gow / riordan and stokes up front

Barney McGrew
20-02-2010, 09:50 AM

no place for the moroccans either, get cregg back in for hopefully a bit of dig.

I don't think you'll be far wrong :wink:

A bit of dig required in midfield today, especially given that the pitch will be rotten.

Baldy Foghorn
20-02-2010, 09:52 AM

Out of the 8 goals conceded, how many were due to Smith?:confused:

Gow was rotten at Ibrox, Riordan was rotten at Perth, big decision for Yogi

hibby4ever
20-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Not saying that smiths to blame for the losses but i would drop him and give brown a shot

would also have bamba out he should never have been put back in the squad as quick as that

deek is also wasted out wide and needs to move up front

GlesgaeHibby
20-02-2010, 11:13 AM

Not saying that smiths to blame for the losses but i would drop him and give brown a shot

would also have bamba out he should never have been put back in the squad as quick as that

deek is also wasted out wide and needs to move up front

Seriously!? Smith has done absolutely nothing wrong since coming into the side, and has pulled off some excellent saves. He kept it from being a cricket score on wednesday night.

To blame him and suggest he gets dropped, when the goals conceded were all due to the outfield players in front of him is absolutely crazy.

7Hero
20-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Out of the 8 goals conceded, how many were due to Smith?:confused:

he has to take some of the blame obviously his job is to stop goals, 8 is a tad much. we have an excellent keeper in brown and also stack has proved he is capable. So why not change the goalie, would be foolish not to IMO...

cannastar
20-02-2010, 11:32 AM
smith has been steady and composed since he has came into the team so cant understand why people would want to see him dropped.its long term consistency we are looking for and prior to the last two games we had gone a long way to achieving it this season.st johnstone game had the look of a team who had accepted the title had gone after the defeat to rangers and played accordingly.today hopefully yogi will have got the lads geed up again and we can see a spirited performance against motherwell and a welcome victory to accompany it.:notworthy:

Hibby 2005
20-02-2010, 11:49 AM
he has to take some of the blame obviously his job is to stop goals, 8 is a tad much. we have an excellent keeper in brown and also stack has proved he is capable. So why not change the goalie, would be foolish not to IMO...

Look at the 8 goals again, apart from Whittaker's one the rest would have been avoided if the back four/midfield had been stronger. Nothing to do with Smith.

Jones28
20-02-2010, 11:51 AM
:agree:

BEEJ
20-02-2010, 11:53 AM
We've been lacking in midfield for three seasons now.

Cregg and Thicot were both on the bench on Wednesday, play them at some point or ship them out and find others.

Haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere but I found this item in the Scotsman (19 Feb) worrying to the extent that it revealed just how predictable our tactics and set-up seems to have become to opposing sides.

St Johnstone certainly won the tactical battle in Wednesday's re-arranged game after both McInnes and Docherty had picked up valuable insight from Hibs' visit to Ibrox on Sunday. It was a worthwhile trip since not only did it offer clues as to how Hibs might set themselves up for Wednesday's fixture, but it also provided a chance to analyse Rangers.

Hughes' side were admirably bold again in Govan on Sunday but fell 3-0 after the hosts found a way to cut through them in the second half. The St Johnstone management team did not expect Hibs to change their approach for the trip to Perth, perhaps reasoning that it would not be regarded as quite so daunting. If they play so openly at Ibrox, then why tighten up for a match against a St Johnstone side spilling goals of late? Hughes knows now the error of his ways.

Motherwell, Hibs' opponents tomorrow, are unlikely to face what St Johnstone did in midweek, when Hughes' side lined up with what effectively counted as four forwards. The submission of the team-sheet confirmed what McInnes and Docherty expected. In response, they pitched Liam Craig, Murray Davidson, Chris Millar and Kevin Moon into the midfield fray, and watched them take command of the middle of the park from the word go.

"Myself and Derek went to see them (Hibs] against Rangers and they only made one change form that game, with Alan Gow left out," explained Docherty. "We know their style. I am very complimentary to Yogi (Hughes] and the way they do things at Hibs. They play an attacking style of football. We knew they would set up that way because it was their game in hand and they were looking to win it in order to get closer to Celtic and further away from Dundee United.

"We guessed it would be that formation and so set up against it, and looked to combat their style of play and impose our style of play on them," he added.

Wednesday wasn't the first time this season that we have fielded a lightweight midfield; it's just that previously we seem to have managed to get away with it.

I hope this lesson has now been well and truly taken on board.

SRHibs
20-02-2010, 11:57 AM
I don't think by any means Smith is a bad keeper, and he does seem to do the basics well. To me though, he doesn't look like a particularly good shot stopper. Most of the 'spectacular' saves he's made would be bread and butter for most decent GK's.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's made any mistakes, or actually cost us any goals, although I do think he could've done better with a few of the goals we've conceded.
I'd give Brown a game tbh.

Long suffering
20-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Yep we need to stop trying to make all our attackers happy and just field a solid looking team with plenty in midfield. Id go for

Smith
Wotherspoon Hogg a focused Bamba(otherwise Hanlon) Murray

Zemamma Cregg Rankin Miller

Nish Stokes

SRHibs
20-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Brown

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Bamba/Hanlon
Murray

Zemmama
McBride
Miller
Rankin

Stokes
Riordan/Benji

To the poster above, Nish is out.:agree:

cad
20-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Get Bamba into midfield would be a good move IMO stop him dicking about in the box .:wink:

............................................Smith

......Spoons ........ Thicot................... Hanlon................ Stevenson

.........................................Bamba

........Zouma ...........Miller ...................Murray............. Galbraith

........................ ...................Stokes

If Mc Brides fit

.................... Smith

Spoons Thicot Hanlon Stevenson

.............Bamba

...Miller Mc Bride Murray Galbraith

..............Stokes

hibby4ever
20-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Seriously!? Smith has done absolutely nothing wrong since coming into the side, and has pulled off some excellent saves. He kept it from being a cricket score on wednesday night.

To blame him and suggest he gets dropped, when the goals conceded were all due to the outfield players in front of him is absolutely crazy.

GLESGAE HIBBY ARE YOU THICK OR CAN YOU NOT JUST NOT READ I NEVER SAID SMITH WAS TO BLAME HERE IS WHAT I SAID "Not saying that smiths to blame for the losses but i would drop him and give brown a shot "
NOW TELL ME WHERE IN THERE IT SAYS I AM SAYING HE IS TO BLAME I SAYS I AM NOT SAYING HE IS TO BLAME" THE PROBLEM ON HERE IS THAT SOME PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL ABOUT HIBS AND NO ONE IS ELSE IS ALLOWED TO SAY WHAT THEY THINK/FEEL IT IS A FORUM AND EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO HAVE THERE SAY OR SHOULD I SAY EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE THERE SAY BUT THERE IS TOO MANY CRY BABYS ON HERE LIKE YOU WHO THINK THEY OWN/RUN HIBS GET A GRIP..............:grr:

MyJo
20-02-2010, 12:52 PM
I dont know what is wrong with Bamba but a couple of games on the bench would do him no harm IMO, Hogg was dropped after a couple of horror shows at the beginning of the season and he was the captain so Bamba shouldn't be exempt from the same treatment, particularly when there is a young, eager and more than capable replacement in Hanlon who had done nothing to deserve being ousted from the team immediately after Bamba returned from Africa.

I think Yogi needs to accept the fact that, yes, we probably have the best attacking options in the league outwith the Old firm but that doesn't mean that playing them all at the same time is going to win us games. 2 up top with a more balanced midfield rather than 4-2-4 will give us time on the ball, build up play and allow better service to our quality strikers putting them in positions to score.

oh and Hogg must never be allowed to play right back EVER again!!!!!

bearing that in mind i'd hope to see us line up like this today:

_________________Smith

Spoony______Hogg______Hanlon______Murray

____________McBride_____Miller

Zemmama_______________________Galbraith

_____________________Riordan
___________Stokes

GlesgaeHibby
20-02-2010, 01:46 PM
GLESGAE HIBBY ARE YOU THICK OR CAN YOU NOT JUST NOT READ I NEVER SAID SMITH WAS TO BLAME HERE IS WHAT I SAID "Not saying that smiths to blame for the losses but i would drop him and give brown a shot "
NOW TELL ME WHERE IN THERE IT SAYS I AM SAYING HE IS TO BLAME I SAYS I AM NOT SAYING HE IS TO BLAME" THE PROBLEM ON HERE IS THAT SOME PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL ABOUT HIBS AND NO ONE IS ELSE IS ALLOWED TO SAY WHAT THEY THINK/FEEL IT IS A FORUM AND EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO HAVE THERE SAY OR SHOULD I SAY EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE THERE SAY BUT THERE IS TOO MANY CRY BABYS ON HERE LIKE YOU WHO THINK THEY OWN/RUN HIBS GET A GRIP..............:grr:

Have you broke your caps lock button?

If Smith isn't to blame, then why drop him to give somebody else a shot? I've never heard so much pish in my life.

This forum is a discussion board, where we discuss Hibs related things. You posted something I disagreed with. Thats how discussions start.

Take a chill pill, we're all Hibbies and I hope we're all celebrating 3 points today.

hibby4ever
20-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Have you broke your caps lock button?

If Smith isn't to blame, then why drop him to give somebody else a shot? I've never heard so much pish in my life.

This forum is a discussion board, where we discuss Hibs related things. You posted something I disagreed with. Thats how discussions start.

Take a chill pill, we're all Hibbies and I hope we're all celebrating 3 points today.

was just my idea and a few other people also sugessted it so it aint just me...just think the whole team needs a bit of a shake up

and yeah you are right we are all hi-bees and 3 points will be great :thumbsup: