PDA

View Full Version : Going against the grain - Credit to McGhee for his post match interview

The Voice Of Reason
17-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Firstly, I am delighted that Raith won last night ! :thumbsup:

Have to say though, I have just listened to McGhee's post match interview :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/8519190.stm

Sorry if this goes against the grain, but I think he actually spoke really well under the circumstances and made a lot of sense. :agree:

Credit to him for that at least. :agree:

:tin hat:

allmodcons
17-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Firstly, I am delighted that Raith won last night ! :thumbsup:

Have to say though, I have just listened to McGhee's post match interview :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/8519190.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/8519190.stm)

Sorry if this goes against the grain, but I think he actually spoke really well under the circumstances and made a lot of sense. :agree:

Credit to him for that at least. :agree:

:tin hat:

:agree: I agree with comments regarding last night's interview, however, problem for McGhee has been all the nonsense he's spouted since going to Aberdeen. Guy's made a 'rod for his own back' over the last 2 - 3 months, in particular, by being very disingenuous and disrespectful of Aberdeen's opponents.

Danderhall Hibs
17-02-2010, 02:42 PM
I listened to it last night. I thought it was a really good interview - he was very honest and sounded genuinely gutted.

Nae joy eh. :greengrin

Vini1875
17-02-2010, 03:17 PM
It's been said before but I have agree, in years gone by I didn't pay much attention to aberdeen results, but with McGhee at the helm I really enjoy seeing them beat.

Oscar Lomax
17-02-2010, 03:53 PM
He has acted like a spoiled brat at time's giving opposing teams and players stick but, to be spat at and abused after last nights match from his own so called supporter's was sickening to the core.
Nobody should have to take that from anyone. I just hope the police can root them out and ban the troglodyte's for life......Good to see them getting beaten mind :thumbsup:

marinello59
17-02-2010, 04:00 PM
He has acted like a spoiled brat at time's giving opposing teams and players stick but, to be spat at and abused after last nights match from his own so called supporter's was sickening to the core.
Nobody should have to take that from anyone. I just hope the police can root them out and ban the troglodyte's for life......Good to see them getting beaten mind :thumbsup:

McGhee has said that he can understand the fans frustration and will not be seeking to get him banned from Pittodrie or trying to identify him in any way. As much as it pains me to say it that seems a dignified and level headed reaction rorm McGhoo. I still intensely dislike the torn faced ****.

Jim44
17-02-2010, 04:17 PM
I've read somewhere else , Scotsman I think, that he said that he deserved to be spat at. This contradicts other reports where he talks of his disgust at the treatment he got. It was shocking treatment by any standards but I can't help feeling that McGhoo is playing the sympathy card a bit.

lapsedhibee
17-02-2010, 04:35 PM

Did he talk much about the Celtc job? :dunno:

Jim44
17-02-2010, 06:28 PM
There's a thread overby which starts off laughing (yuck) at the horrendous spitting incident but lapses into an intrigue about a scandalous hidden agenda that McGhee is said to have. This reminded me of something which I read very recently (possibly earlier today) but can't remember where. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

rubber mal
17-02-2010, 06:37 PM
McGhee has said that he can understand the fans frustration and will not be seeking to get him banned from Pittodrie or trying to identify him in any way. As much as it pains me to say it that seems a dignified and level headed reaction rorm McGhoo. I still intensely dislike the torn faced ****.

Or... as a lot of the sheep who were there are apparently claiming, maybe he exaggerated the whole incident and wasn't spat at at all, and was just seeking to deflect the attention away from the fact that once again his gutless team have been knocked out by lower league opposition...

Either way, he is a torn faced ****.

BroxburnHibee
17-02-2010, 06:53 PM
I felt the same when I heard the interview - still a monumental TWAT though :greengrin

stokesmessiah
17-02-2010, 07:09 PM
I've read somewhere else , Scotsman I think, that he said that he deserved to be spat at. This contradicts other reports where he talks of his disgust at the treatment he got. It was shocking treatment by any standards but I can't help feeling that McGhoo is playing the sympathy card a bit.

I was reading a paper today (pretty sure it was The Sun) where he hinted towards him reacting towards the Dons fans after the whistle and this had lead to the "Spitgate" incident.

As a few people have said, nobody deserves that treatment...although i do live in Aberdeen and if you were subjected to the daily mince he seems to spout in the local rag you would realise he is an even bigger tit than you coud imagine.

I also work with a couple of pretty die hard Dons fans and they hate having him as manager. In fact you know things are pretty bad when one of them said to me today, i wish we still had Jimmy Calderwood !!!!!

Bostonhibby
17-02-2010, 07:33 PM
I felt the same when I heard the interview - still a monumental TWAT though :greengrin

:agree: I think its simply a case of reaching the point where he has used up his menu of ill chosen excuses and deflective criticism of everything but himself and his tactics, it coincides with the Dons fans reaching the end of their willingness to accept it if last night is anything to go by so he is throwing himself at their mercy and looking for wider sympathy and maybe prospective employers at the same time by trying to appear reasonable - might have been better if he'd applied the process in reverse and started out with a bit more grace, humility and refelection before he spouted out what he did earlier.

No sympathy.

blackhibee
17-02-2010, 07:58 PM
I can't stand McGhee at any time, but I do sympathize to a certain extent. And it's not just him that's created a rod for his own back, the Aberdeen fans have, all the ones who hounded out a manager who had taken them into the group stages of UEFA and regularly had them finishing in the top 6. I've got very little sympathy for them, they wanted McGhee, they should just shut the ***** up and get on with it. Just my opinion though.

jdships
17-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Hold no brief for the guy but there is no place in sport/life for spitting at someone .
These people are the lowest of the low.
Remember many many years ago being spat at during a game and the opposing manager insisting the culprit came to our dressing room and apologised in front of everyone there !
Thought McGhee handled the situation very well

:bye: