PDA

View Full Version : Yams We are Celtic sympathisers, apparently

1two
12-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Now i've heard this a few times that us hibbies have a soft spot for sellick.

but just read this kickback post www.15pointsbackwithagameinhand.com (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=67830)

Following magoos latest slavering about playing a weakened side they have put us top of the celtic sypathisers table :confused: followed by aberdeen:confused:, dundee united:confused: and st mirren:greengrin

I personally could not give a **** what celtic and rangers are up to, who wins the league, who signs who etc.
They are one and the same. The only thing that affects me is when hibs are involved, such as i'd rather get drawn against celtic just now than rangers in the cup because of their current form.

I don't think the jambos are rangers sympathisers, but i do think they are mini huns due to the filth they sing.
The same cannot be said about us though (in the past we may have sung some of the crap celtic sing, but thats no longer)

Whats everyones thoughts?

Part/Time Supporter
12-02-2010, 06:21 PM
What gives them the idea that St. Mirren are Celtic sympathisers?

:confused:

:greengrin

Steve20
12-02-2010, 06:23 PM
I think alot of people on here would not give the level of abuse to them as they do to the Huns.

Sylar
12-02-2010, 06:27 PM
I can quite confidently say that I despise Celtic and their fans more than any other club in the SPL :agree:

1two
12-02-2010, 06:28 PM
or maybe in effort to hide their hunnish tendancies they think that making up a myth that we are celtic sympathisers makes their royal blue leanings ok?

Broken Gnome
12-02-2010, 06:33 PM
I think alot of people on here would not give the level of abuse to them as they do to the Huns. Very true. Loch inn before the new year derby... Lets just say celtics goal was afforded with a slightly more enthusiastic reception than rangers' equaliser. Loathsome for different reasons, but equally loathsome.

1two
12-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Whats wrong with my tile?:grr:

monktonharp
12-02-2010, 06:36 PM
I can quite confidently say that I despise Celtic and their fans more than any other club in the SPL :agree: I can honestly say that i despise Rangers and their fans more than any other club in the SPL.:cool2:

Part/Time Supporter
Whats wrong with my tile?:grr:

It's cracked?

:cool2:

KerPlunk
Very true. Loch inn before the new year derby... Lets just say celtics goal was afforded with a slightly more enthusiastic reception than rangers' equaliser. Loathsome for different reasons, but equally loathsome.

Aye, you were dancing on the tables when the hoopy clowns scored, eh ? :greengrin

Andy74
12-02-2010, 06:37 PM

but just read this kickback post www.15pointsbackwithagameinhand.com (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=67830)

Following magoos latest slavering about playing a weakened side they have put us top of the celtic sypathisers table :confused: followed by aberdeen:confused:, dundee united:confused: and st mirren:greengrin

I personally could not give a **** what celtic and rangers are up to, who wins the league, who signs who etc.
They are one and the same. The only thing that affects me is when hibs are involved, such as i'd rather get drawn against celtic just now than rangers in the cup because of their current form.

I don't think the jambos are rangers sympathisers, but i do think they are mini huns due to the filth they sing.
The same cannot be said about us though (in the past we may have sung some of the crap celtic sing, but thats no longer)

Best ignored. The mini Huns have a cheek. If ever a teams fans sympathised with others it's them.

The Mook
12-02-2010, 06:39 PM
I can quite confidently say that I despise Celtic and their fans more than any other club in the SPL :agree:

Agree 100% :agree:

degenerated
12-02-2010, 06:40 PM
:singing: oh father why are you so sad.......... :singing:

oops wrong board :devil:

hibbymark
12-02-2010, 06:43 PM
One of my yam mates once called us the beasts of the east with reference to the goings on over at torbet towers! Still think they think we are some kind of cousins and apparently they hate the glasgow smellys more than they hate us. Most celtic fans say the p.b.s is worse than going to ibrox. Personally i hate both sides of the old firm equally...........

An Leargaidh
12-02-2010, 06:51 PM
I look at like this.

The only team I sympathise with in daily life is the one I support :notworthy:
In the circumstances of a particular non-Hibs match I would probably sympathise with one team or another if there exceptional or interesting playing circumstances, e.g. player crushed to death when Nadé fell on top of him etc. :jamboclow I'd never sympathise with the Yams or Gers in ANY circumstances though :angelic:

In a mêlée (aka a brawl) and a load of Gers were setting on a Hoopy well I'd wade in for the green and white, but let's not forget the way some of them were behaving towards Hibbies after we beat them at Darkheid the other week :bitchy:

The only Hoops fan I know really well is an immature idiot with the mentality of a 15 year old and he really needs a slap sometime, so in general I don't sympathise with the Hoops at all.

We were here first! They just copied us :greengrin

:notworthy:

givescotlandfreedom
12-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Some of us probably hate Celtc more than Hearts so does that make Jambo lovers by their logic? :blah::crazy: I find it embarrassing on their forum the Huns are referred to as "Rangers FC" by some whereas Celtc are "the Mhanks".

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-02-2010, 07:00 PM
I can honestly say that i despise Rangers and their fans more than any other club in the SPL.:cool2:

I can honestly say that you couldn't fit a fag paper between Celgers and Rantic and as they are opposite sides of the same bad penny, they are both equally despicable and reviled in my book for the non-football agenda that they ply as their stock-in-trade. See when Cheeky-Chic-Chico-Young is heavy breathing and hiding his four-times-a-season-semi as he gushes about the OF derby being the game that divides Scotland? What he means is those who care, and those of us who don't give a Donald Duck. The suggestion that the rest of the teams fall in line behind them, and I include Hearts in that, is just insulting.

marleyhib
12-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Celtic fans all have a massive chip on their shoulders - I canny stand them and the way the try to include us in their fu**ed up narrow minded Irish bull**it.

Wee brothers my ar*e.

Mind you when I lived at the top of Easter Road it was always the huns that pished in my garden.

An Leargaidh
12-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Wee brothers my ar*e.

Aye that is THE thing that irritates me. My mate that is a Hoopy always comes out with pish like, "blah blah...our wee cousins" and "the wee cousins of the Tims" etc.

1888-1875 = losers

They even copied our 1875/78 strip. Bloody plagiarists :grr:

greenginger
12-02-2010, 07:46 PM
I despise both sides of the Bigot Brothers equally, but the loathing varies from season to season depending on whoever is the current greatest whinging a**eholes.

The east-end smellies have had a commanding lead lately but the Huns are making a hard push with this Lloyds Bank bull****.

Dashing Bob S
12-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Rangers, Hearts, Celtic...I hate, loathe and detest all those abominations, all for different reasons, and all of which have been well articulated by people on this board. I'm not even going to emotionally sully my mind by thinking about which one I detest the most - my levels of hostility to all are so high that it would be an utterly pointless exercise.

oldbutdim
12-02-2010, 07:50 PM
There are a minority of fans from both Edinburgh sides that seem to favour one or the other of the Old Firm.

I'm in the majority that frankly can't be arsed with the baggage that comes with the Bigot Bros. and I could wax lyrical for hours on the eminently reasonable grounds for despising them both.
However, just as there are ****s who "sympathise" with Der Hun it is quite clear that more than a few Hibs fans feel a similar affinity with the Mhanks.

Don't understand it, but it's there.

Edit: Is G**t banned here?

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Just WTF is wrong with these bams?, it's always everbody is against us and they let other teams win :blah::blah::blah::blah:

Never in my life have I come across such a pathetic bunch o fannies at any level that blame others and spout so much pish all at the same time.

Please please God make them dissapear!

The_Todd
12-02-2010, 08:20 PM
They just want us to rise to the bait so we can be a mini Old Firm and to make them feel better about their own Hunnish behaviour.

Just ignore it and let them have their own bigotfest without us getting involved on either side. We know we hate both sides of the manky Old Firm divide equally, that's good enough.

Part/Time Supporter
12-02-2010, 08:22 PM
They just want us to rise to the bait so we can be a mini Old Firm and to make them feel better about their own Hunnish behaviour.

Just ignore it and let them have their own bigotfest without us getting involved on either side. We know we hate both sides of the manky Old Firm divide equally, that's good enough.

Also plays into the whole big team mince if they equate themselves with the Huns.

The_Todd
12-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Also plays into the whole big team mince if they equate themselves with the Huns.

True. Next they'll be giving it "we welcome the chase" when it comes to their globally envied and world renowned Cup record... :wink:

Saorsa
12-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Both ceptic and the huns are equally despicable (and the g-unts for that matter). Personally I couldnae give a flying fiddlers **** what those inbred gorgie cretins think. Cannae understand why anybody would want tae go on that site and read that inane drivel.

erin-go-bragh87
12-02-2010, 08:36 PM
The best way to put it is "They are 2 cheeks of the same arse" who hate each other so much that when it comes to sponsorship and money they cant wait to team up.

I hate both of them equally!!

NOLA
12-02-2010, 08:36 PM
I can honestly say that i despise Rangers and their fans more than any other club in the SPL.:cool2:

I concur, i know 1 gers fan who only supported them after joining the army and doing tour of duty in N.I, has some cracking tatts as well, if you like horses and historical figures:bitchy:

O'Rourke3
12-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Don't know what the fuss is. There's logic and there's Jambo logic, surprised we are not at the top of every list of theirs as sympathisers of one sort or another: Celtic, Rangers, SFA, Meeja, Anti Mr Romanov Bias, First World War, Flair Football, Jambo anti football etc.

They have nothing to look forward to each Saturday, so making up lists like a bunch of Jakey Rainmen is about all that's left. As a certain Shellic sympathiser once said, they are more to be pitied than scolded....:cool2:

surreyhibbie
12-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Any Yams reading this - take note.

This is one hibbie who hates those barstewards, and Rangers too, in equal measure.

Hearts are our rivals, and there are times when I hate them as well, but generally they are on a lower level in my hatred.

I couldn't give a toss who wins the league between the Ugly Sisters - really doesn't bother me one way or the other, and I would only ever want either one to win any match if it was to Hibs' advantage.

And I am not alone.

jabis
12-02-2010, 09:58 PM
F.O. the O.F.

the end

wpj
12-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Equal ops! Hate em both with a passion 'mon the HIBS :agree:

Bostonhibby
12-02-2010, 10:07 PM
So its on sickback, thats alright then, it must be true - probably posted by one of the eastern bloc sensors who collapse their website from time to time as a convenient, but ultimately futile attempt to distract anyone with half a brain from their current plight / failure to deliver on the old Champions league / world class stadium myth.

Personally I dislike what both sets of fans spout but devote less time to the unwashed than the yams simply because the unwashed (probably because they have less access to electricity) don't come out with this type of thing as often as the yams, or the propoganda machine down the PBS do :blah:

Bostonhibby
12-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Any Yams reading this - take note.

This is one hibbie who hates those barstewards, and Rangers too, in equal measure.

Hearts are our rivals, and there are times when I hate them as well, but generally they are on a lower level in my hatred.

I couldn't give a toss who wins the league between the Ugly Sisters - really doesn't bother me one way or the other, and I would only ever want either one to win any match if it was to Hibs' advantage.

And I am not alone.

:thumbsup: count me in

cheltenhamhibee
12-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Some of us probably hate Celtc more than Hearts so does that make Jambo lovers by their logic? :blah::crazy: I find it embarrassing on their forum the Huns are referred to as "Rangers FC" by some whereas Celtc are "the Mhanks".

sorry a wee bit off subject here, but had tae do a double take at your photo, thought it was ma auld man ( a die hard hibee by the way) maybe he's been down at the PBS stirring the s***e lol:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: ps, hope you dont mind me pinching the photo, just makes me chuckle tae maself

IWasThere2016
12-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Best ignored. The mini Huns have a cheek. If ever a teams fans sympathised with others it's them.

:agree: I gave up on viewing KackBack a long long time ago

Rangers, Hearts, Celtic...I hate, loathe and detest all those abominations, all for different reasons, and all of which have been well articulated by people on this board. I'm not even going to emotionally sully my mind by thinking about which one I detest the most - my levels of hostility to all are so high that it would be an utterly pointless exercise.

Aye me tae!

monktonharp
12-02-2010, 11:12 PM
good reading..........from all you out of town boys in Englandshire,but,where I stand,Rangers fans are the only ones to spit in ma face,threaten me(on ma todd)of a f/kin kickin' cos am a fienan barsteward,had pish thrown from the stand above,over many years and lots of other scrapes btw. from cellic fans,had a few words,scrapes over the same amount of years,and dislike them more and more after the banners at ER (feeder club etc) but Ive never had the absolute bile on the streets outside a ground that can match the Huns. anyone who says different is making it up. f/kin end off.

Bostonhibby
12-02-2010, 11:22 PM
good reading..........from all you out of town boys in Englandshire,but,where I stand,Rangers fans are the only ones to spit in ma face,threaten me(on ma todd)of a f/kin kickin' cos am a fienan barsteward,had pish thrown from the stand above,over many years and lots of other scrapes btw. from cellic fans,had a few words,scrapes over the same amount of years,and dislike them more and more after the banners at ER (feeder club etc) but Ive never had the absolute bile on the streets outside a ground that can match the Huns. anyone who says different is making it up. f/kin end off.

Hear what you say but it started of as a thread re Celtc experience.

My personal experience of the Hun is on an entirely different level, for pure hatred - not really requiring football to be on at the time - is unrivalled, the football interupting it was purely incidental for these Filth, my missus never went to another away game after Ibrox, being spat on and sworn at by spotty malformed off spring of bigots who clearly just spouted what adults around them said rather than understood was enough. Definitely a class apart yet strangely not a million miles away fron your average Jambo........

NB Hibby
12-02-2010, 11:28 PM
What gives them the idea that St. Mirren are Celtic sympathisers?

:confused:

:greengrin

Something to do with the 1986 league Championship when St Mirren "lay down" to Celtic (0-5) while Albert Kidd was doing the business in Dundee.
I know--it's pathetic.

bawheid
12-02-2010, 11:35 PM
Something to do with the 1986 league Championship when St Mirren "lay down" to Celtic (0-5) while Albert Kidd was doing the business in Dundee.
I know--it's pathetic.

:thumbsup:

Bostonhibby
12-02-2010, 11:38 PM
I know--it's pathetic.

:confused: must have missed it - don't suppose there are any handy pictures or stories you could recommend?

Frazerbob
12-02-2010, 11:43 PM

Genuine question here Monktonharp:

When did the pish get thrown from the stand above?

I've read this many times but have never witnessed it. I don't think I missed a Hibs game at Ibrox from the late 80's and throughout the 90's and can honestly say that I maybe saw on a few occasions the odd pie being chucked but that's about it. I have been spat at and verbally as well as physically abused outside the ground on a number of occasions but never seen the pish being thrown. Was it before my time?

Don't get me wrong, I despise them as much as you and their behaviour often disgusts me. I even spent a night in the cells at Govan nick once, for the henious crime of sticking up for myself.

poolman
13-02-2010, 12:58 AM

The thing is about Yakbak these days is that their season is finito and they all know it

Now a lot of their threads are about bigger crowds, scottish cup wins, Hibs players getting in trouble, :blah::blah:

Another very strange thing about these weird people is their fixation about sex, odd sex that is :confused:

A lot of them think its great to call our site things like " Ipumpedmysister.net" and so on :bitchy:

It really is a very weird thing

They must think its funny or something or have some sort of competition who can make up the most stupid sexual sort of name

They obviously dont do irony

Anyway I couldn't give a **** about the rest of the SPL as long as The Cabbage are doing good, that will do me :thumbsup:

Its really odd that a fan from an edinburgh team could come up with the idea that St Mirren are Celtic sympathisers unless 86 springs to mind:greengrin

sadtom
13-02-2010, 01:09 AM
When celtc play hertz or the huns i'm happy to see celtc hammer 'em.
When celtc play anybody else i'm to see celtc hammered.

Institutionally i hate them in equal measure. After all they are two halfs of the one whole.

In the past i've indulged in fisticuffs with both sets and at their worse they are both loathesome cretins.

I wholly disagree that they are equally repulsive.
Tonight i thought i would browse a couple of hun boards to see what their view on the game was.
I've looked on other teams sites before, and its been easy to look at what they had to say.
Most had the usual share of muppets, anoraks, wideoes, wierdoes and sound folk. For celtc you could throw in a dollop of dewey eyed fantasists and a sprinkling of 'brendan bombthrowers' (copywrite J Regan).
They were all open and accessable to see (without joining. Yeuk! just the thought!). All except two.
Yep you guessed it. Out stoical, uptight, dsysfunctional neebs.
And the angry mutants from the Govan Home for the Hard of Thinking.

What do they have to hide?

There are some hertz sites you can view, its either dull or unpleasant. its not to be recommended.

The tiny amount of hun 'opinion' the can be viewed is eye poppingly astonishing.
The welcoming "for rangers fans only" or 'no access' is perhaps a good thing given the small sample that slips through.

Its almost exclusively revolting, imbecilic, violent, rascist, agressive, pea brained, bigotted, moronic trash.

The worst examples of the O/F fan show that although they might be related to us Hibernian homosapiens.
Celtc are 'cheeky monkeys'!
But the huns are F***ING APES!

lyonhibs
13-02-2010, 01:14 AM
Over the past few years, my animosity towards Ra Sellick has grown exponentially. It's only after attending a few Hibs vs Celtic games that you realise that Celtic fans are like Rangers fans, but without the honesty to say "Hibs, we *****ing hate you"

Instead they dress it up in all this "Catholic Brothers", oh "The Old Country" nonsense that is in equal measures pathetic, repulsive and patronising.

Both sides of trhe OF have a crushing paranoia complex, allied with a "the other lot are pure worse than us, so that makes our behaviour ok" mentality, but, if anything, Celtc's is worse.

I don't go for this "all fans of both Old Firm teams are unspeakable ******s/bigots" line, so I can only base my judgement on the Old Firm fans that I've actually met, as opposed to whatever the media chooses to portray at any given moment.

On that basis, how can I put this, Celtc fans don't come out smelling of roses.

***** the both of them. One is more vile, and one is more deceptive and patronising.

It's like lining up Hitler and Pol Pot then asking "Who's the biggest *****"

truehibernian
13-02-2010, 01:26 AM
Ibrox and Parkhead are what I would call the holding pen for the Jeremy Kyle or Trisha audience/participants. I would say that Celtic fans would just shade it failing the lie detector tests and most Rangers fans DNA results would prove that they are most definitely not the father as they are not human.

Lucius Apuleius
13-02-2010, 05:33 AM
hertz I hate. The OF I detest with an absolute passion. Both sides. I really do not care which of either of them wins any trophies. However, living in a mainly hun infected area, drinking in a hun infected pub I have to admit it gives me a smug look and feeling when they have been royally humped by anyone, including celtc. But I have had a thought. I went to a "protestant" school where I was surrounded by hun sympathisers, maybe this gives you a greater hatred of them that if you went to a "catholic" school where you would be surrounded by dhims?

CmoantheHibs
13-02-2010, 08:04 AM
Getting spat on, punched, kicked and generally terrorised tends to stick in your mind.Especially when you are 9 years old.The huns are complete filth and Ive never had anything nearing the sheer venom at darkheid so I certainly have a preference for celtic.In saying that just because I hate one more than the other doesnt mean I have sympathies to celtic.I hate them both, just not in equal measure as other posters do.I think your personal experiences dictate if you hate one side more than the other and I would imagine more people have worse experiences against the huns.

hibbymac
13-02-2010, 08:09 AM
F.O. the O.F.

the end

Like it!!, could be the start of a new campaign......F.O.O.F. :cool2:

brydekirk
13-02-2010, 08:14 AM
dont like any of the two, most of the celtic fans i have spoken to have a soft spot for hibs, thats until we beat them, anyway.

Bostonhibby
13-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Genuine question here Monktonharp:

When did the pish get thrown from the stand above?

I've read this many times but have never witnessed it. I don't think I missed a Hibs game at Ibrox from the late 80's and throughout the 90's and can honestly say that I maybe saw on a few occasions the odd pie being chucked but that's about it. I have been spat at and verbally as well as physically abused outside the ground on a number of occasions but never seen the pish being thrown. Was it before my time?

Don't get me wrong, I despise them as much as you and their behaviour often disgusts me. I even spent a night in the cells at Govan nick once, for the henious crime of sticking up for myself.

in 81 or 82 (?) we drew 1 - 1 there with Willie Jamieson scoring a header. 4 mates and my now wife were in the lower stand and we were spat on to such an extent that one of our less restrained members tried to get up to sort them out, it was a group of manky kids who were doing it right in front of the stewards and assorted older trolls who thought it was funny. At least we had the satisfarction of knowing they all be jail bait in the coming years. The fact that the stewards did nothing sums up the arrogant culture that has encouraged the **** to think they can get away with what they do. Nae piss though as I am pretty sure they were all in nappies still for the teenagers and incontinence pads for the rest.

Bostonhibby
13-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Over the past few years, my animosity towards Ra Sellick has grown exponentially. It's only after attending a few Hibs vs Celtic games that you realise that Celtic fans are like Rangers fans, but without the honesty to say "Hibs, we *****ing hate you"

Instead they dress it up in all this "Catholic Brothers", oh "The Old Country" nonsense that is in equal measures pathetic, repulsive and patronising.

Both sides of trhe OF have a crushing paranoia complex, allied with a "the other lot are pure worse than us, so that makes our behaviour ok" mentality, but, if anything, Celtc's is worse.

I don't go for this "all fans of both Old Firm teams are unspeakable ******s/bigots" line, so I can only base my judgement on the Old Firm fans that I've actually met, as opposed to whatever the media chooses to portray at any given moment.

***** the both of them. One is more vile, and one is more deceptive and patronising.

:agree: neither would get a game for the Huns, too liberal.

HarpyHibby
13-02-2010, 09:26 AM
Its the same old pish about us being 'friends' or 'cousins with celtc. In the past ive been asked why i dont want celtc to win when they are playing anyone else in the league other than us! Thats the main reason i hate celtc more than ANY other team in the spl. The yams are right. There are far too many celtc sympaphisers in our support.

Oh, and best supporters in the world? My arse!

Cabbage East
13-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Sympathy for the schemies, good one :greengrin

franks
13-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Hate rangers, celtic and hearts but when it comes down to it probably hate OF worse.

Every club in Scotland hate the OF. I hate both halves equally and I couldn't care less who wins when they play each other. Just hope they kick lumps out of each other and cards come out throughout the match.

--------
13-02-2010, 12:04 PM

In and around the Caldera there are fans of both OF teams I can get on with fine. And fans of both OF teams I cross the street to avoid.

But there are more of the second type than the first, I'd say.

The difference, as you say, is that while the Rangers fans tend to be more violently outspoken, the Celtic fans are smarmy, patronising, and snide.

But arguing about which of them are the worse is like discussing whether one would rather die of gangrene or cancer.

And the clubs are equally and indistinguishably loathesome.

PS: as far as this forum's concerned, I have to say I find blueisthecolour a fair bit less obnoxious than RhentaBhoy. But then he hasn't been around infesting the place for as long.... :devil:

Hainan Hibs
13-02-2010, 12:45 PM
It really does infuriate me when people come up with crap excuses for preffering Celtic over Rangers

We are talking about a club that put us out of existence, continually pillaged us for our players, practically copied everything from us, and threw a CS gas canister into our stand.

If for some reason you prefer Celtic because "they are less bad than Rangers" then get a grip of yourself.

--------
13-02-2010, 03:03 PM
It really does infuriate me when people come up with crap excuses for preffering Celtic over Rangers

We are talking about a club that put us out of existence, continually pillaged us for our players, practically copied everything from us, and threw a CS gas canister into our stand.

If for some reason you prefer Celtic because "they are less bad than Rangers" then get a grip of yourself.

Two sides of the same rotten coin, IMO. :agree:

Hibercelona
13-02-2010, 03:13 PM
I'm so sad that our beloved cousins failed to gain all 3 points today. :boo hoo:

:rolleyes:

monktonharp
13-02-2010, 04:26 PM
in 81 or 82 (?) we drew 1 - 1 there with Willie Jamieson scoring a header. 4 mates and my now wife were in the lower stand and we were spat on to such an extent that one of our less restrained members tried to get up to sort them out, it was a group of manky kids who were doing it right in front of the stewards and assorted older trolls who thought it was funny. At least we had the satisfarction of knowing they all be jail bait in the coming years. The fact that the stewards did nothing sums up the arrogant culture that has encouraged the **** to think they can get away with what they do. Nae piss though as I am pretty sure they were all in nappies still for the teenagers and incontinence pads for the rest.did they not fill a couple o' balloons or summit with urine?:confused: maybe Idreamt it

hibbybrian
13-02-2010, 04:31 PM
did they not fill a couple o' balloons or summit with urine?:confused: maybe Idreamt it

In the good old days it was McEwans export cans :grr:

heretoday
13-02-2010, 05:37 PM
I like Celtic better than Rangers. It's obvious isn't it?

Hibercelona
13-02-2010, 06:19 PM
I like Celtic better than Rangers. It's obvious isn't it?

Brizo
13-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Id suggest that up to the 80s there was generally a more Celtc leaning than the current equal disdain for both sides of the OF. Up till the 80s we sang a lot of the same "folk" tunes so there was little opportunity for hibbies to get morally outraged about the rebs. Also while Celtc had their bigots Rangers religious apartheid signing policy did give some credence to those arguing that they were less bad than Rangers. The CS gas incident , the fact that 80s onwards the OFs wealth has hoovered up all the players and nearly all the prizes , the media sycophancy , the gloryhunters , the lip service to bigotry etc etc has all shown them to be two branches of the same Glasgow firm.

FWIW I find both their away supports equally repellant , have had far more bother at Ibrox than Parkhead and believe that when theyve travelled abroad the sticky buns behaviour has been far worse than Celtcs. I hope that doesnt make me a sympathiser :devil:

oneone73
13-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Id suggest that up to the 80s there was generally a more Celtc leaning than the current equal disdain for both sides of the OF. Up till the 80s we sang a lot of the same "folk" tunes so there was little opportunity for hibbies to get morally outraged about the rebs. Also while Celtc had their bigots Rangers religious apartheid signing policy did give some credence to those arguing that they were less bad than Rangers. The CS gas incident , the fact that 80s onwards the OFs wealth has hoovered up all the players and nearly all the prizes , the media sycophancy , the gloryhunters , the lip service to bigotry etc etc has all shown them to be two branches of the same Glasgow firm.

FWIW I find both their away supports equally repellant , have had far more bother at Ibrox than Parkhead and believe that when theyve travelled abroad the sticky buns behaviour has been far worse than Celtcs. I hope that doesnt make me a sympathiser :devil:

In the last four/five years, since they moved us to our own segment, I've found Ibrox a much safer environment than Parkhead. Coach park just over the road, Underground just around the corner. And I don't get patronised, just hated, which I find a lot easier to deal with. I agree with an earlier poster, my hatred of Celtic exceeded that of the Huns after the CS gas episode. And don't get me started on Jock Stein stitching us up over Ronnie Simpson...

lapsedhibee
13-02-2010, 08:33 PM
:confused: must have missed it - don't suppose there are any handy pictures or stories you could recommend?

Be surprised if there are any surviving pictures, youtube clips, etc of matches as long ago as 1986.
St Mirren were one of very few teams to beat the yams (2-1) during season 64-65. Not sure how close the league race was that year, or whether such a narrow defeat would have had any bearing on the eventual outcome. :dunno:

jabis
13-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Like it!!, could be the start of a new campaign......F.O.O.F. :cool2:

FOOF it is then :thumbsup:

RickyS
14-02-2010, 01:06 AM
for my sins, I have a few Yam mates and from my perspective, they (Gers and Yams) have a deep hatred of anything that remotely relates to Catholicism.
Ive always been happy to leave all of that out of it and rip the pis* for normal things. Pink Stadium, Bus Shelter, the elusive 51m stand, Nade. but they foam at the mouth when they get going. Fenian *******s is the favourite.
Ive never been able to understand why that is, after all they widnae ken King Billy from King Mars Bar:jamboak:

Billy McKirdy
14-02-2010, 01:34 AM
Be surprised if there are any surviving pictures, youtube clips, etc of matches as long ago as 1986.
St Mirren were one of very few teams to beat the yams (2-1) during season 64-65. Not sure how close the league race was that year, or whether such a narrow defeat would have had any bearing on the eventual outcome. :dunno:

Don't encourage me to shamelessly SPAM my youtube page video........ AGAIN!!,
.....Oh go on then...

YouTube - Arise! Sir Albert Kidd. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uA1UEowQaA)[/URL]

....you know you want it :wink:

hibiedude
14-02-2010, 06:25 AM
One of my yam mates once called us the beasts of the east with reference to the goings on over at torbet towers! Still think they think we are some kind of cousins and apparently they hate the glasgow smellys more than they hate us. Most celtic fans say the p.b.s is worse than going to ibrox. Personally i hate both sides of the old firm equally...........

And the yams would know all about beasts because they have employed a few or the years :greengrin

hibiedude
14-02-2010, 06:30 AM
I think alot of people on here would not give the level of abuse to them as they do to the Huns.

100% agree

I have a dislike for Ragers that goes deep down that I don't have for Celtic.

Septimus
14-02-2010, 07:52 AM
The only thing that I have in common with Celtic supporters is a deep dislike of the more radical Hun. There was a time when watching Celtic was a pleasing experience and that is something I cannot say about Rangers even during the George Young, Willie Thornton, Willie Waddell, Ian McCall, Sammy Cox era. All great players but conservative to the extreme.

What do I have in common with Rangers supporters? My father was one and he was a pleasant enough character if somewhat patronising towards people like me who supported their local team.

Listen to the commentary from Ibrox today. You will almost certainly hear comments in the background from a singularly uneducated Rangers supporter who in many ways epitomises the unreciprocated hatred which they, the Rangers supporters, seem to have towards me and my like.

Poor sad people in spite of their financially induced success. Do they go home happy? Somehow I don't think so.

tony higgins
14-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Living across the road from an Orange Hall in Glasgow i always found the Rangers fans very friendly.
When they were banging their big bass drums i often waved my Hibernian scarf out the window to join in and they would throw up drinks to me.
Sometimes there would be little mishaps and the beers would go through my neighbour,s front windows.
Overall a great bunch of people and they did a lot of work for the disabled.
I know that because most of them turned up when there was a parade.
Even the local Sellick fans called it Lourdes because there was that many disabled hanging about.
Fantastic group of human beings with their colourful fancy dress custumes, flags and banners.
Very religous i believe also, i know that because they were always shouting things about the Pope and nuns.

Brizo
14-02-2010, 08:49 AM
In the last four/five years, since they moved us to our own segment, I've found Ibrox a much safer environment than Parkhead. Coach park just over the road, Underground just around the corner. And I don't get patronised, just hated, which I find a lot easier to deal with. I agree with an earlier poster, my hatred of Celtic exceeded that of the Huns after the CS gas episode. And don't get me started on Jock Stein stitching us up over Ronnie Simpson...

I know thats the pov of a lot of folk but tbh its one I just dont get. The old childhood ryhme sticks and stones always springs to mind when I hear or read that pov. My experience at away games is that ive been patronised by weasel faced pond life in Gallowgate boozers and chased down Paisley Road West by tooled up huns. Never once when I was getting patronised did I wish I was getting chased instead :faf: Maybe thats just me ?

Sandy
14-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Getting spat on, punched, kicked and generally terrorised tends to stick in your mind.Especially when you are 9 years old.The huns are complete filth and Ive never had anything nearing the sheer venom at darkheid so I certainly have a preference for celtic.In saying that just because I hate one more than the other doesnt mean I have sympathies to celtic.I hate them both, just not in equal measure as other posters do.I think your personal experiences dictate if you hate one side more than the other and I would imagine more people have worse experiences against the huns.

Same for me, being brought up (mid teens) in Aberdeen, I had more than my fair share of run ins with der hun. My wife was also kicked and spat on at a cup final at Hampden (she is an Aberdeen fan), oh by the way she was 12 at the time :grr: Can't stand the yer oor wee cousins by ra way from the other lot, but my hatred for all things Rangers knows no bounds.

mim
14-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Detest Rangers.
Cannae stand Celtic.
No much time for Hearts.

Yup, there's a difference.

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Same for me, being brought up (mid teens) in Aberdeen, I had more than my fair share of run ins with der hun. My wife was also kicked and spat on at a cup final at Hampden (she is an Aberdeen fan), oh by the way she was 12 at the time :grr: Can't stand the yer oor wee cousins by ra way from the other lot, but my hatred for all things Rangers knows no bounds.

FFS even Zemamma waited until his wife was 16.:wink:

Sandy
14-02-2010, 12:42 PM
FFS even Zemamma waited until his wife was 16.:wink:

:top marks:faf::faf::faf:

hibbymac
14-02-2010, 03:45 PM
for my sins, I have a few Yam mates and from my perspective, they (Gers and Yams) have a deep hatred of anything that remotely relates to Catholicism.
Ive always been happy to leave all of that out of it and rip the pis* for normal things. Pink Stadium, Bus Shelter, the elusive 51m stand, Nade. but they foam at the mouth when they get going. Fenian *******s is the favourite.
Ive never been able to understand why that is, after all they widnae ken King Billy from King Mars Bar:jamboak:

Not meant as a dig at you but, ....... maybe this will help you understand ... YouTube - Heart of midlothian flute band 31st october 2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nf3BQ4kGRE)

tony higgins
14-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Not meant as a dig at you but, ....... maybe this will help you understand ... YouTube - Heart of midlothian flute band 31st october 2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nf3BQ4kGRE)

Maybe it was,nt rangers fans after all that were waving back at my Hibernian scarf.

sadtom
14-02-2010, 10:37 PM

Is it just me or does anyone else feel the need to steam into these qhants with a claw hammer?

By the way what talented musicians!!! Especially the bit where they had to hit the drum twice! The levels of concentration on the 2 ******wits at the front is astonishing.
You can absolutely guarantee there is no chance of them being able to read without moving their lips.

Sir David Gray
15-02-2010, 12:28 AM
There is absolutely no difference between Rangers and Celtic. They both represent very different points of view but they are both utterly detestable in equal measures.

I used to be of the opinion that you couldn't get any worse than Rangers and the fans of no other club came even remotely close. However, over the past couple of years my eyes have been opened as to what Celtic FC actually stands for and I don't like it. As I said in another thread recently, the actions of some of their fans on Remembrance Sunday last year was absolutely disgraceful and Celtic should be thoroughly ashamed of these people. They also patronise us with their "wee Irish cousins" nonsense but, as we saw after our win there last month, if we ever happen to beat them then that quickly goes out the window and we see what they are really like.

With Rangers, at least they are open about their hatred of us but they probably patronise Hearts fans in the same way that Celtic fans patronise us, but whenever Hearts beat Rangers, I'm quite sure their mood changes. The bile that they spout in every game is no different to the bile that comes out of Parkhead.

Some Celtic fans wear scarves with "God bless the Pope" written on them, despite the probable fact that they have never been inside a chapel in their entire lives and wouldn't know what the Pope looked like if he was staring them in the face. On the other hand, some Rangers fans (like the wee boy at the end of today's game) wear scarves with "No Surrender 1690" on them, despite the probable fact that, apart from anything else, some of them couldn't even tell you where the battle of 1690 took place and those that could, couldn't tell you anything about the actual battle itself. Although they seem to adore "King Billy" so much, they also probably couldn't tell you a single thing about the man himself, some of them probably don't even know what country he came from.

They are totally ignorant about real facts and haven't the first idea about religion.

Both sets of supporters are, in general, also extremely arrogant and they both honestly believe that they have a divine right to win every single game that they play.

You do get Rangers and Celtic fans who are decent, law abiding people who just love their team and can't be bothered with all the crap that comes with the Old Firm. Sadly these aren't the people that fans of other teams encounter on match days and subsequently we assume that all Old Firm fans are lowlife filth.

The best thing that could possibly happen is that the pair of them leave Scottish football and let the rest of us get on with it. It would be hard for the first few years but I'm sure that we would eventually learn to adapt to life after the Old Firm and I think we would thrive in a league that would be far more competitive.

As for Hibs and how we allegedly favour one half over another, sadly I think that's true in the case of quite a number of Hibs fans. When I was in Behind The Goals before the last derby and they were showing the OF game, there was a massive cheer when Celtic scored and nothing when Rangers scored. Personally I couldn't care less who wins in an OF game and I also couldn't care less who wins the league. If it's not going to be Hibs then I'm not bothered who wins it, as long as it's not Hearts.

In terms of how our fans actually behave though, there is no comparison between us and Celtic. I have never heard a rebel song sung by the Hibs support, I have never heard an Irish song sung over the Easter Road tannoy, I have never seen a Hibs fan in possession of a rebel banner, or any other kind of banner that relates to Irish politics. Finally, when there was a minute's silence before the Edinburgh Derby last year for Remembrance Day, you could have heard a pin drop at Tynecastle that day, including in the Hibs end. If all of the above doesn't prove to you that we are not in any way, shape or form a mini version of Celtic, then nothing will.

As some Hibs fans put it quite succinctly this afternoon, "We're not sectarian".

I'm not saying that some of the following issues aren't important and that it makes you a bad person for having an interest in them, but when I'm at the football, I'm there to watch a game of football and to support my team, I really couldn't give a monkeys about anything else for those ninety minutes.

Therefore;

You can shove King William of Orange
You can shove the Pope
You can shove The Battle of the Boyne
You can shove the IRA
You can shove the UVF
You can shove Bobby Sands
You can shove the Queen
You can shove Aiden McAnespie
You can shove Rule Britannia
You can shove The Boys of the Old Brigade
You can shove Derry's Walls
You can shove famines and oppressions
You can shove Orange walks

In actual fact, you can shove the Old Firm.

Do us all a favour and feel free to GTF. :bye:

tony higgins
15-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Think a few teams are getting an easy time with this one.

Falkirk in particular, Motherwell and Airdrie.

Would need to think hard of sets of supporters that were non anti Hibernian back pre segregation days.

ps, who the hell is aiden whats his name ?

tony higgins
15-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else feel the need to steam into these qhants with a claw hammer?

By the way what talented musicians!!! Especially the bit where they had to hit the drum twice! The levels of concentration on the 2 ******wits at the front is astonishing.
You can absolutely guarantee there is no chance of them being able to read without moving their lips.

The problem with anybody posting up these things is just know what,s coming next.

Somebody,s going to point out a Hibernian season ticket holder playing with said MacNamara,s Band.