PDA

View Full Version : Buying Hibs Strips

Bizzle14
12-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Does anyone know where I can buy a current Hibs strip? Club shop don't have any Medium or Large strips left in stock.

Cheers

Riordans Boots
12-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Does anyone know where I can buy a current Hibs strip? Club shop don't have any Medium or Large strips left in stock.

Cheers

Only available in the clubstore mate :agree:

Hakim Sar
12-02-2010, 10:31 AM
i got a long sleeved one and hardly ever wear the damn thing

I still stick to my black away one from 3 seasons ago with the silver writing on the back - just a classic strip that wasnt used enough

cappoquinboy
12-02-2010, 10:58 AM
I think they are running low on the home strip but still have a good number of the whire and black tops ?

(((Fergus)))
12-02-2010, 11:05 AM
just spoke to the club shop and they are not getting any more in as there's a lead time of 4 months and the new strip comes out in June

(((Fergus)))
12-02-2010, 11:07 AM
apparently the club were left with a lot of stock last season and so lowered their order for this years kit

Hibee-Rocker
12-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Only available in the clubstore mate :agree:

Always wondered why this is the case, surley the club could be losing out on money and even attracting new fan's by only selling the strip at the club store

Speedway
12-02-2010, 11:45 AM
I bet you're wondering why this is as the club is surely losing out on money and attracting more fans to the club.

Well, the answer on both is no.

By having exclusive rights to sell the strip, Hibs can keep their margins high rather than try to compete when Soccer World have it on sale for a fiver.

As for attracting more fans, the club are well aware that they're never going to get significant rack space next to OF tops, even in Edinburgh, hence why the Ocean Terminal concession experiment didn't work out.

Scouse Hibee
13-02-2010, 06:51 PM
I bet you're wondering why this is as the club is surely losing out on money and attracting more fans to the club.

Well, the answer on both is no.

By having exclusive rights to sell the strip, Hibs can keep their margins high rather than try to compete when Soccer World have it on sale for a fiver.

As for attracting more fans, the club are well aware that they're never going to get significant rack space next to OF tops, even in Edinburgh, hence why the Ocean Terminal concession experiment didn't work out.

Dress it up however you like, the fact is the club miss out on sales of the kit by doing it this way.

One Day
13-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Dress it up however you like, the fact is the club miss out on sales of the kit by doing it this way.

Yes but they still sell more and earn more money than they would if they were available in shops all over town, people have to come to the shop and theres a good chance that they will buy something else when they are in.... just my opinion

cappoquinboy
13-02-2010, 07:36 PM
The quandry for the club is that there is a minimum order specification for each top and as there is about to be an announcement on a new kit the club may well find themselves "out of pocket" if they were to order additional home kits and then find themselves left with a over supply come April/May, after the new launch is announced.

No win situation for the club I'm afraid.

magpie1892
13-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Yes but they still sell more and earn more money than they would if they were available in shops all over town, people have to come to the shop and theres a good chance that they will buy something else when they are in.... just my opinion

That's not an opinion, Kevin, that's a fact.

LancashireHibby
13-02-2010, 09:55 PM
If they didn't change the strip(s) every season then I don't think there would be the same concern of being left with a shed load of stock. There again, I usually buy them within a week of their release so don't tend to have a problem in missing out on them, and I completely agree with the club's theory that it's sometimes better to sell less tops but make more money out of them.

Haven't we tried, and failed, in the past to compete with the kinds of prices that Sports Direct etc charge?

Billy Whizz
14-02-2010, 07:41 PM

Cheers
Lose a bit of weight and fit into a small size!