PDA

View Full Version : Fundraiser, Racenight.

Mister P
05-02-2010, 08:38 PM
right guys,

Im keen on making sure this happens so as the saying says 'strike while the iron is hot'

So.

I have made provisional enquiries to hire the Sighthill Powerleague bar/function room on
SATURDAY 10th APRIL

cost is free, but they need a £100 deposit BEFORE they can confirm the booking.

the hall holds upto 120 so theres plent room if it turns out to be more popular than we're expecting.

They have 2 Large screens, 1 at either end of the bar to run the races on and the sound is piped into their speaker system.

Im sure it would be simple enough to hook a laptop/ipod for music later on.

*forgot to ask about providing our own buffet but im 100% sure thats ok.

WE NEED £100 pronto for the deposit.

WE ALSO NEED £100 pronto for the deposit for entering the league.

Im willing to chip say £50 personally to get this money together.
we have a few bucks in the team kitty as well.

can anyone else offer some cash asap, obviously when the race night happens you will get your cash back.

Mister P
05-02-2010, 08:46 PM
we need the following.

7 people/players to sell 8 horses @ £5 each.
I will make up the sheets etc to sell them, get your friends/family to pull their horse out the hat, you write on the sheet the persons name, what horse they've drawn and tick when they've paid you. also will sell the sponsorship of a race for £20. I will make sure each pack has 1 winner in it.(I obviously know the outcome of the races)

every player to bring an item for the raffle, around the £10 mark. anything from a bottle of wine to a crate of beer. free beauty treatment from Lesley/Amanda, haircut from me (£52:wink:) etc......

4 volunteers to work the betting desks.

Delboy*
05-02-2010, 09:33 PM
John, i strongly suggest that you get some garauntees about the amount of bar staff they will have on before paying up.

For the raffle, I will chuck a complimentary 4ball voucher for any Edinburgh Leisure golf course. (worth up to £100 depending on which course you play)

Willing to help out wi funds if i can but seeing as i just had to shell out £260 for my car this week, end of the month would be more do-able.

Gus
05-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Aye double check about the bar staff

where can we get those scratch cards from because that's a quick way of getting some easy money

craig1875
05-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Aye double check about the bar staff

where can we get those scratch cards from because that's a quick way of getting some easy money

Don't ask :grr:

craig1875
05-02-2010, 10:40 PM
7 people/players to sell 8 horses @ £5 each.
I will make up the sheets etc to sell them, get your friends/family to pull their horse out the hat, you write on the sheet the persons name, what horse they've drawn and tick when they've paid you. also will sell the sponsorship of a race for £20. I will make sure each pack has 1 winner in it.(I obviously know the outcome of the races)

So what do the people who have bought a horse get if there hose wins?

And sponsorship for a race? So someone pay's £20 to sponsor a race, and what do they get in return?

Nando™
05-02-2010, 10:51 PM
I'll stick £50 in to the deposits.

Mister P
05-02-2010, 10:57 PM
So what do the people who have bought a horse get if there hose wins?

And sponsorship for a race? So someone pay's £20 to sponsor a race, and what do they get in return?

the winning owner gets £20

the race sponsor gets advertising. so the race will be named after them, such as, the Craig Drysdale Plasterers Steeplechase. It would also have your business phone number, website, email address etc listed at the top of that race card.

Nando™
05-02-2010, 11:03 PM

the race sponsor gets advertising. so the race will be named after them, such as, the Craig Drysdale Plasterers Steeplechase. It would also have your business phone number, website, email address etc listed at the top of that race card.
:hilarious !!!

Judas Iscariot
05-02-2010, 11:19 PM
John, i strongly suggest that you get some garauntees about the amount of bar staff they will have on before paying up.

For the raffle, I will chuck a complimentary 4ball voucher for any Edinburgh Leisure golf course. (worth up to £100 depending on which course you play)

Willing to help out wi funds if i can but seeing as i just had to shell out £260 for my car this week, end of the month would be more do-able.

Why did you not phone me!?!

I'll do anything I can to get this team up and running properly!!!

Lets *****in do this lads :notworthy:

craig1875
06-02-2010, 12:08 AM

ok, i get it now. The owners get a 1 in 8 chance of wining 4x there money (3/1), i think that will be hard to sell. Possible £25 or £30 to the winner would be alot easyer to sell. could possible sell each horse twice, would sell them alot easyer and would make the same amount (at £30) or more (at £25). Just an idea.

Delboy*
06-02-2010, 08:40 AM
Why did you not phone me!?!

I'll do anything I can to get this team up and running properly!!!

Lets *****in do this lads :notworthy:

I tried to get road tax online last sunday as it ran out on the monday. found out my MOT had ran out last August!!!!:grr::confused:

Was in a panic n needed it done pronto, so took it down to Farmers. All it needed was 2 tyres to get through the MOT, 160 badboys for that:grr:, then the friggin road tax........eh, 6 months please!!!:grr::grr:

Chuckie
06-02-2010, 08:49 AM
Dae it.

I'll donate a chemo machine that I chored.
Hope Gummy wins it..

Delboy*
06-02-2010, 08:55 AM
ok, i get it now. The owners get a 1 in 8 chance of wining 4x there money (3/1), i think that will be hard to sell. Possible £25 or £30 to the winner would be alot easyer to sell. could possible sell each horse twice, would sell them alot easyer and would make the same amount (at £30) or more (at £25). Just an idea.

Think uv shot ur bolt like......:kbacker:

Simplicity is the key here. Its easy to sell the horses as its done in advance of the actual night.(it is worth discussing naming ur horse cos it gives a bit of banter seeing ur named horse on the cards, even though it will have a different name on screen its still got a number!!)
Generally cultured gamblers will studiously inspect the odds n conditions of REAL horse racing at the BOOKIES.
This is just a bit of fun n most people that go like to buy a horse for a few quid just for involvement.
people arent coming to a race night looking for that knockout accumulator so they can tell their boss to stick it and head off to the carribean!

So, on that...KEEP IT SIMPLE :monkey:

Entry ticket. Sell horses. Raffle. Race bets. Auction last race. Coin at the bottle. Buffet. Bevvy/Dance/be-merry!!!

This isnt about making a killing n peeing each indiviual off cos we are just trying to wring out their wallets/purses. Its about having a great night that people will enjoy whilst bringing in some much needed funds for the team. if we do this then we have started something that we can build on n not pee everyone off so they would just never come to another Beer event.

In the words of the immortal Gandalf: Keep it simple, Keep it safe!

Judas Iscariot
06-02-2010, 09:06 AM
I tried to get road tax online last sunday as it ran out on the monday. found out my MOT had ran out last August!!!!:grr::confused:

Was in a panic n needed it done pronto, so took it down to Farmers. All it needed was 2 tyres to get through the MOT, 160 badboys for that:grr:, then the friggin road tax........eh, 6 months please!!!:grr:

:faf:

Did this not happen last year aswell!?

Can't grumble with the cost of getting it through the MOT, pretty good :agree:

Think uv shot ur bolt like......:kbacker:

Simplicity is the key here. Its easy to sell the horses as its done in advance of the actual night.(it is worth discussing naming ur horse cos it gives a bit of banter seeing ur named horse on the cards, even though it will have a different name on screen its still got a number!!)
Generally cultured gamblers will studiously inspect the odds n conditions of REAL horse racing at the BOOKIES.
This is just a bit of fun n most people that go like to buy a horse for a few quid just for involvement.
people arent coming to a race night looking for that knockout accumulator so they can tell their boss to stick it and head off to the carribean!

So, on that...KEEP IT SIMPLE :monkey:

Entry ticket. Sell horses. Raffle. Race bets. Auction last race. Coin at the bottle. Buffet. Bevvy/Dance/be-merry!!!

This isnt about making a killing n peeing each indiviual off cos we are just trying to wring out their wallets/purses. Its about having a great night that people will enjoy whilst bringing in some much needed funds for the team. if we do this then we have started something that we can build on n not pee everyone off so they would just never come to another Beer event.

In the words of the immortal Gandalf: Keep it simple, Keep it safe!

Spot on :top marks

Why tinker/confuse a format which has been repeatedly successful for many, many years!!

Think it'll be a superb night :thumbsup:

Ritchie
06-02-2010, 10:15 AM
right guys,

Im keen on making sure this happens so as the saying says 'strike while the iron is hot'

So.

I have made provisional enquiries to hire the Sighthill Powerleague bar/function room on
SATURDAY 10th APRIL

cost is free, but they need a £100 deposit BEFORE they can confirm the booking.

the hall holds upto 120 so theres plent room if it turns out to be more popular than we're expecting.

They have 2 Large screens, 1 at either end of the bar to run the races on and the sound is piped into their speaker system.

Im sure it would be simple enough to hook a laptop/ipod for music later on.

*forgot to ask about providing our own buffet but im 100% sure thats ok.

WE NEED £100 pronto for the deposit.

WE ALSO NEED £100 pronto for the deposit for entering the league.

Im willing to chip say £50 personally to get this money together.
we have a few bucks in the team kitty as well.

can anyone else offer some cash asap, obviously when the race night happens you will get your cash back.

ace john... really looking forward to this and will help out with whatever.:thumbsup:

i should be able to help with deposits and things but need to check the bank balance ken!

only thing.... SIGHTHILL!!!

could you have picked anywhere further from the centre of town??

not the easiest place to get to.:grr:

Delboy*
06-02-2010, 02:59 PM
ace john... really looking forward to this and will help out with whatever.:thumbsup:

i should be able to help with deposits and things but need to check the bank balance ken!

only thing.... SIGHTHILL!!!

could you have picked anywhere further from the centre of town??

not the easiest place to get to.:grr:

ah ken likesay, shood huv it in Pissycuik yocal grunters club. Bubba Gump on the bar n if ye dinnae get stabbed or sexually accosted, yuv no hud a gid nicht!!

sauzee=legend
06-02-2010, 06:57 PM
I am working monday night at the gym (so won't be playing footie monday night) so I will speak to manager and try get at least a 1month free membership for the gym to go towards the raffle. MON THE BEERS

Ritchie
06-02-2010, 07:08 PM
ah ken likesay, shood huv it in Pissycuik yocal grunters club. Bubba Gump on the bar n if ye dinnae get stabbed or sexually accosted, yuv no hud a gid nicht!!

Calm down Derek
wasn't having a go at your beloved sighthill

just thought it would be better somwhere more central where everyone could get to

wouldn't have it in penicuik either as it's a *****hole

Delboy*
06-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Calm down Derek
wasn't having a go at your beloved sighthill

just thought it would be better somwhere more central where everyone could get to

wouldn't have it in penicuik either as it's a *****hole

Sighthill? Fae the Hailes lad.

Ritchie: http://images.paraorkut.com/img/emoticons/images/r/rooster-171.gif (http://graphicshunt.com/emoticons/images/rooster-171.htm) chookter numpty.

Delboy*
06-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Just a thought, but i was thinkin about Ritchie n anyone he brings from chooktermukty. maybe you could get a couple of "male chickens" n take bets on a fight-til-the-death instead of one of the horse races, put some pork scratchings on the tables n sell scrumpy behind the bar. make them feel at home, ken?

I know its a gruesome sport but its Ritchies favourite n gives him an excuse every time he gets caught looking at g*y p*rn: "Honestly darling, i had googled c*ck fighting!!"

:tee hee:

Delboy*
06-02-2010, 08:06 PM
http://images.paraorkut.com/img/emoticons/images/c/chicken_dance-176.gif (http://graphicshunt.com/emoticons/images/chicken_dance-176.htm)

Ritchie
06-02-2010, 11:13 PM
sighthill? Fae the hailes lad.

Ritchie: http://images.paraorkut.com/img/emoticons/images/r/rooster-171.gif (http://graphicshunt.com/emoticons/images/rooster-171.htm) chookter numpty.

just a thought, but i was thinkin about ritchie n anyone he brings from chooktermukty. Maybe you could get a couple of "male chickens" n take bets on a fight-til-the-death instead of one of the horse races, put some pork scratchings on the tables n sell scrumpy behind the bar. Make them feel at home, ken?

I know its a gruesome sport but its ritchies favourite n gives him an excuse every time he gets caught looking at g*y p*rn: "honestly darling, i had googled c*ck fighting!!"

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/emoticons/images/c/chicken_dance-176.gif (http://graphicshunt.com/emoticons/images/chicken_dance-176.htm)

worst......... Chat.................. Ever.............. Boooooooooooooo

Judas Iscariot
07-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Just a thought, but i was thinkin about Ritchie n anyone he brings from chooktermukty. maybe you could get a couple of "male chickens" n take bets on a fight-til-the-death instead of one of the horse races, put some pork scratchings on the tables n sell scrumpy behind the bar. make them feel at home, ken?

I know its a gruesome sport but its Ritchies favourite n gives him an excuse every time he gets caught looking at g*y p*rn: "Honestly darling, i had googled c*ck fighting!!"

:faf:

MacBean
07-02-2010, 11:52 AM
really looking forward to this lads!
ill help out in anyway i can. Im not too far from sighthill (ten mins in car if that!) and ill help out with prepping everything on the night too.

I cant help out with funds at the moment got £50 to my name to last me a fortnight!!

anything i can do let me know!
:notworthy::notworthy:

sauzee=legend
08-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Just spoke with manager at the gym, got 1month free gym membership for a prize for the race night.

Ritchie
08-02-2010, 12:12 PM
john, ill print they things off and hand them into you.

Gus
08-02-2010, 12:33 PM
I could get us the cricket club in Leith pretty cheap

but we need somewhere with projectors etc.....

its a 22 bus from the centre of town............

simples

Delboy*
08-02-2010, 01:28 PM

simples

:rolleyes: ur so English

Judas Iscariot
08-02-2010, 02:20 PM

simples

A what!?

Mister P
09-02-2010, 09:26 AM
on the racenight, the last (8th) race will be an auction.

I would be willing to banter with the crowd to sell off all the even numbered horses, and someone else can do the same with the odd numbered ones.

whoever sells the lowest combined total.......will have to get their chest waxed there and then from Lesley.

Fenton, u up for it?

anyone else brave enough:devil:

Judas Iscariot
09-02-2010, 09:28 AM
on the racenight, the last (8th) race will be an auction.

I would be willing to banter with the crowd to sell off all the even numbered horses, and someone else can do the same with the odd numbered ones.

whoever sells the lowest combined total.......will have to get their chest waxed there and then from Lesley.

Fenton, u up for it?

anyone else brave enough:devil:

BOLT :bye:

Mister P
09-02-2010, 09:41 AM
BOLT :bye:

cmon ya pussy, it'll generate a bit of banter.

you chicken?!!!!!!

Judas Iscariot
09-02-2010, 09:52 AM
cmon ya pussy, it'll generate a bit of banter.

you chicken?!!!!!!

Aye, it's the sairist thing ever!!

I'll get my ballbag done though..

Ritchie
09-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Aye, it's the sairist thing ever!!

I'll get my ballbag done though..

is it really sair??

i've got quite a thick chest-fro... always considered waxing it but dont fancy the pain much.

Judas Iscariot
09-02-2010, 10:03 AM
is it really sair??

i've got quite a thick chest-fro... always considered waxing it but dont fancy the pain much.

Mate, I've never had my chest done but do get my back waxed and I can say, hand on heart, that it's the sorest thing ever!!

Worse than 10+ tattoos, worse than snapping ankles, doing knee ligaments, the lot!!

I can only imagine that getting my chest waxed will be even sorer than my back and that's just a paint I don't want to experience!!!

Mister P
09-02-2010, 10:04 AM
would get our respective friends and family bidding like beggery tho...raise some much needed cash for the cause :greengrin

mind u, most of my folks would want to see me in pain.

Gus
09-02-2010, 11:13 AM
You are on some strong crack Fonz......lets not do this :bitchy:

Personally I think we just keep it simple & do the race night, with raffle.........thats it.

We are gonna be selling tickets to friends & family who may not be aware of the beers witty banter.

I know we want to make as much money for the beers but lets not go OTT

Mister P
09-02-2010, 12:29 PM
bunch of bottle merchants lads.

Ritchie
09-02-2010, 12:34 PM
bunch of bottle merchants lads.

you just want touched up by lesley ya big perv......:devil:

Delboy*
10-02-2010, 06:22 AM
I feel violated.

u grubby little worms

:bitchy:

Ritchie
10-02-2010, 07:46 AM
I feel violated.

u grubby little worms

:bitchy:

you've not been truelly violated till you've been RITCHIE violated.....:devil:

your time will come. :agree:

Judas Iscariot
12-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Any updates John?

MacBean
12-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Date and Venue should be first things checked off the list i would imagine?

Date
Venue
Advertisement
Racenight vids
Racenight sheets (Horses et al)
Tickets
Buffet?
Raffle & prizes

Perhaps we could set up a paypal site to see if anyone on the main forum would want to buy a horse. we could say to them about how you have the chance of winning 3/4x your money and that will also be sent to you via paypal unless you attend on the night.

We could also use this for selling tickets to would be punters or to those who are feeling overly generous and fancy a donation to the Beers cause

Mister P
12-02-2010, 02:23 PM
all very much in my plans alreadt mate. :wink:

paypalbuttons are easy peasy...only problem is u lose about £1 per horse on charges.

MacBean
12-02-2010, 03:11 PM
all very much in my plans alreadt mate. :wink:

paypalbuttons are easy peasy...only problem is u lose about £1 per horse on charges.

really?! i always though paypal was free to transfer funds too and fro?

never mind!

hibs.net charge an extra £1 when selling items fromt he shop when paying by paypal im sure we could do the same?

Judas Iscariot
12-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Good shizzle Fonz :thumbsup:

Mister P
12-02-2010, 11:43 PM
cheers Ritchie:thumbsup:

betting tickets are now ready:greengrin

70 per horse in each race......that should be enough, but Matt can you still do 5 sheets of each I sent you asap buddy:thumbsup:

Mister P
14-02-2010, 09:30 PM
football scratch cards
raffle
50p at the bottle
quiz
guess the baby????

any thoughts?

Delboy*
15-02-2010, 06:27 AM
football scratch cards
raffle
50p at the bottle
quiz
guess the baby????

any thoughts?

Fenton pinata

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:TEOmdQDcVai-QM:http://fiftyonefiftyone.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/donkey-pinata.jpg (http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://fiftyonefiftyone.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/donkey-pinata.jpg&imgrefurl=http://fiftyonefiftyone.com/2008/10/world-record-pinata-to-be-destroyed-sunday/&usg=__bATtKnoGDUC-jXgC-E2pndKzjBg=&h=400&w=373&sz=35&hl=en&start=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=TEOmdQDcVai-QM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpinata%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Dactive%26sa %3DN%26um%3D1)

Mister P
15-02-2010, 11:57 PM
right folks, we have 48 horses to sell at £5 each. the winning owner of each race gets £20 cash.

we also have sponsors for 7 races to find. the sponsor gives £20 and that race will be named after their business. so if yer dad has his own plumbing business for example the race will be listed as the "we Rabs pipework Steeplechase".... you get the idea!.

I have sales sheets made up, 5 horses on each.
I also have the additional 7 sponsor sales sheets made up.

who would be willing to take one on and sell some.

the actual night itself is not yet confirmed. Im in touch with a user on here who is enquiring about getting the hibs club for us.

Judas Iscariot
16-02-2010, 01:52 PM
I've just secured a second race sponsor and close to getting a 3rd confirmed!

REALLY need to get a date, time and venue secured ASAP like!

Gus
16-02-2010, 02:44 PM
I've just secured a second race sponsor and close to getting a 3rd confirmed!

REALLY need to get a date, time and venue secured ASAP like!

:agree: Defo, i'm in the algarve 13th - 20th April but to be honest there is NO point trying to sell horses until we have the basics confirmed

Scooter
16-02-2010, 04:47 PM
:agree: Defo, i'm in the algarve 13th - 20th April but to be honest there is NO point trying to sell horses until we have the basics confirmed

I'm glad you said it mate. It was the first thing I got asked (the date). To be then told you want me to buy a horse for a venue that doesn't exsist

Mister P
16-02-2010, 09:36 PM
aye, you're no supposed to sell the horses yet obviously :doh:

I have had a reply from the guy who's gonna try to book us the hibs club. Ive also phoned them myself today to ask a few questions.

probably looking at may 1st.

Mister P
20-02-2010, 07:40 AM
DEPOSIT PAID
HIBEERNIAN RACENIGHT
SATURDAY 1st MAY
SIGHTHILL POWERLEAGUE
FIRST RACE 7:45 (be in the bar for 7:30 sharp)
ENRTY TICKETS £5
BUFFET, RACES, RAFFLES, DISCO
7:45 - 12midnight

Delboy*
20-02-2010, 08:48 AM
DEPOSIT PAID
HIBEERNIAN RACENIGHT
SATURDAY 1st MAY
SIGHTHILL POWERLEAGUE
ENRTY TICKETS £5

:thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
20-02-2010, 09:23 AM
DEPOSIT PAID
HIBEERNIAN RACENIGHT
SATURDAY 1st MAY
SIGHTHILL POWERLEAGUE
ENRTY TICKETS £5

Good Stuff Fonz :thumbsup:

Well done to the chipper inners for the deposit :notworthy:

Nando™
20-02-2010, 07:09 PM
DEPOSIT PAID
HIBEERNIAN RACENIGHT
SATURDAY 1st MAY
SIGHTHILL POWERLEAGUE
ENRTY TICKETS £5
Fritzmond I said I was gonnae stick in 50 squid for the deposit.

Either way, glad this is sorted. Hibeers!

Mister P
20-02-2010, 07:42 PM

you still can bud, I just put as much in as I could so i could get it booked.

you're welcome to cross my palm with silver any time you like:greengrin

Nando™
20-02-2010, 08:00 PM
you still can bud, I just put as much in as I could so i could get it booked.

you're welcome to cross my palm with silver any time you like:greengrin
Ahright good good then, I can contribute such an amount at our next game :aok: (whenever that is :yawn:)

Are we still due like 300 quid?

Gus
21-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Fenton and I were chatting to the guy @ Sighthill Pitz this morning (assistant manager I think)

He informed us that the function suite only has a drinks licence until 12....if we wanted to get a licence until 1am then its an additional £50

This is a must I think.......

thought

Mister P
21-02-2010, 03:09 PM
that would be a further £50 coming out if the team funds. surely a taxi into town would be better for the team, especialy if we have a game the following morning :dunno:

Gus
21-02-2010, 03:24 PM
that would be a further £50 coming out if the team funds. surely a taxi into town would be better for the team, especialy if we have a game the following morning :dunno:

I see your point.......but

1. £600 has to be spent at the bar to get the deposit back - extra hour would no doubt confirm getting this figure - if we get 60 people then the only have to spend £10 a head - but i'm a little wary that we wont get that figure

2. A game the next day......you insane?

HH81
21-02-2010, 08:20 PM
GUYS/GIRLS.

Depending who Hibs get on this date I might come up and do the game and this event.

Quite enjoy a racenight. How far outside the centre of Edinburgh is the event?

craig1875
21-02-2010, 10:26 PM
GUYS/GIRLS.

Depending who Hibs get on this date I might come up and do the game and this event.

Quite enjoy a racenight. How far outside the centre of Edinburgh is the event?

about 15 - 20 mins on a bus, under £10 in a taxi.

Scooter
22-02-2010, 09:26 AM
about 15 - 20 mins on a bus, under £10 in a taxi.

guys i have some sad news. Archmond will NOT be at this event. im workingb:grr:

Judas Iscariot
22-02-2010, 09:45 AM
guys i have some sad news. Archmond will NOT be at this event. im workingb:grr:

Mate, it's well over 2 months away surely you can get it swapped/changed/time off etc!?

Scooter
22-02-2010, 09:50 AM
Mate, it's well over 2 months away surely you can get it swapped/changed/time off etc!?

nope

swapped maybe but i cant see anyone swapping off their long weekend

Judas Iscariot
22-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Holiday?

MacBean
22-02-2010, 02:43 PM
John,

ill take some tickets/horses etc off your hands, think ill buy a few for myself anyway and ill have a few willing folk in the office that will come along / buy horses

Delboy*
22-02-2010, 04:05 PM
how many does this place hold?

surely we will sell it out, naw????????????

pretty shan if the drinks stop at 12

Judas Iscariot
22-02-2010, 04:30 PM
how many does this place hold?

surely we will sell it out, naw????????????

pretty shan if the drinks stop at 12

I defo think the £50 for the extended license is worth while :agree:

Mister P
22-02-2010, 04:54 PM
fair enough, i just didnt want to commit to anything. think we'll need to pay the additional £50 up front tho...any volunteers:dunno:

Judas Iscariot
22-02-2010, 05:12 PM
fair enough, i just didnt want to commit to anything. think we'll need to pay the additional £50 up front tho...any volunteers:dunno:

:cool2:

Ritchie
24-02-2010, 09:01 AM
I CANT GO!!!:grr::grr:

JUST REALISED ITS THE SAME WEEKEND THAT IM IN LONDON TO SEE DEADMAU5 AT THE BRIXTON ACADEMY!!!!:boo hoo::boo hoo:

GAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!:grr:

Delboy*
24-02-2010, 09:52 AM
I CANT GO!!!:grr::grr:

JUST REALISED ITS THE SAME WEEKEND THAT IM IN LONDON TO SEE DEADMAU5 AT THE BRIXTON ACADEMY!!!!:boo hoo::boo hoo:

GAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!:grr:

Words cannot describe how much of a f***ing loser u are

Judas Iscariot
24-02-2010, 10:08 AM

:agree: x1000

Ritchie
24-02-2010, 11:04 AM

:agree: x1000

how?? cant be helped....

think it should be moved to the 8th of may!! :agree:

Gus
24-02-2010, 11:23 AM
how?? cant be helped....

think it should be moved to the 8th of may!! :agree:

I am washing my Benji hair that night, so we canne do it

I think this date has now been agreed, so although its a shame both Archie & Ritchie canne make it, it puts a little more pressure on other folk to bring their friends,families,neighbours,birds, boyfriends :wink:

Its still a wee bit away.....how may of other folk are gonna pull out:boo hoo:

Mister P
24-02-2010, 12:33 PM
more to the point, whos willing to sell horses etc?

Ritchie
24-02-2010, 12:45 PM

dont think theres any point in me selling horses now cause i would have been selling them to my friends who would have been coming.

no point in buying horses if you aint there for the races.

i will still try and find race sponsors though.

MacBean
24-02-2010, 01:58 PM

as said i'm more than happy to help out with the sales of horses etc... I'll probably buy a few me-self!

Judas Iscariot
24-02-2010, 02:10 PM
I am washing my Benji hair that night, so we canne do it

I think this date has now been agreed, so although its a shame both Archie & Ritchie canne make it, it puts a little more pressure on other folk to bring their friends,families,neighbours,birds, boyfriends :wink:

Its still a wee bit away.....how may of other folk are gonna pull out:boo hoo:

It's the Beers remember..

Probably another 5 at least :rolleyes:

Ritchie
24-02-2010, 04:22 PM
It's the Beers remember..

Probably another 5 at least :rolleyes:

constant negativity!! :bitchy:

:devil:

Judas Iscariot
24-02-2010, 05:55 PM
constant negativity!! :bitchy:

Constant realism :agree:

Chuckie
25-02-2010, 07:36 AM
Constant crack :agree:

Agreed..

Delboy*
25-02-2010, 08:44 AM
No sure if this is wot the P man meant, but, we will need guys to be the bookies on the night- take da moneys n hand outda tickets.

I would suggest a pint or two for those doin it

i feel if i do any more then im just monopolising team tasks:cool2:, so i will step back from this and let you eager little beavers take lead on this:tee hee::tee hee::tee hee:

MacBean
25-02-2010, 08:55 AM
No sure if this is wot the P man meant, but, we will need guys to be the bookies on the night- take da moneys n hand outda tickets.

I would suggest a pint or two for those doin it

i feel if i do any more then im just monopolising team tasks:cool2:, so i will step back from this and let you eager little beavers take lead on this:tee hee::tee hee::tee hee:
ahhhh
I see!!
I'll happily help out with that!

Mister P
25-02-2010, 08:59 AM
lynnes volunteered for this. 1 person can work 2 desks, so just need 3 more.

mhari, lesley?:dunno:

Ritchie
25-02-2010, 09:45 AM
see when your talking about selling horses....... most racenights ive been to, you auction off the horses on the night before the races start.....

would it not be better doing that???

if not you could always auction off the horses you didnt manage to sell before the night.

Delboy*
25-02-2010, 11:15 AM
see when your talking about selling horses....... most racenights ive been to, you auction off the horses on the night before the races start.....

if not you could always auction off the horses you didnt manage to sell before the night.

F***ing loser! :grr:

Ritchie
25-02-2010, 11:26 AM
F***ing loser! :grr:

:bye:

Judas Iscariot
25-02-2010, 12:55 PM
lynnes volunteered for this. 1 person can work 2 desks, so just need 3 more.

mhari, lesley?:dunno:

Archie's no coming so I doubt Mhari will be!

Your no coming so dinnae worry :bye:

Gus
25-02-2010, 01:09 PM

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:Qytj15tggY47EM:http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/8ea7Zas1qMc/default.jpg (http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/8ea7Zas1qMc/default.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.youtube.com/user/janaji&usg=__d4y9QsEGWWVJhBFL7Z-tL493kso=&h=90&w=120&sz=4&hl=en&start=92&itbs=1&tbnid=Qytj15tggY47EM:&tbnh=66&tbnw=88&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmr%2Bchow%2Bthe%2Bhangover%26start%3D 80%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs% 3Disch:1) toodaloo mother f****rrrrrrrrr:wink:

Ritchie
25-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Archie's no coming so I doubt Mhari will be!

Your no coming so dinnae worry :bye:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:Qytj15tggY47EM:http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/8ea7Zas1qMc/default.jpg (http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/8ea7Zas1qMc/default.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.youtube.com/user/janaji&usg=__d4y9QsEGWWVJhBFL7Z-tL493kso=&h=90&w=120&sz=4&hl=en&start=92&itbs=1&tbnid=Qytj15tggY47EM:&tbnh=66&tbnw=88&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmr%2Bchow%2Bthe%2Bhangover%26start%3D 80%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs% 3Disch:1) toodaloo mother f****rrrrrrrrr:wink:

seriously like... your all *****..... i resign from the team.

mongs.

Delboy*
25-02-2010, 02:15 PM
seriously like... your all *****..... i resign from the team.

mongs.

Job done, nice one lads. Archie here we come....................:bye:

Ritchie
25-02-2010, 02:23 PM

bullies! :bitchy:

Judas Iscariot
25-02-2010, 05:14 PM
We REALLY need a massive effort from everyone regarding the racenight!

If we are to make a success of next season folk have to commit to getting themselves and others along to this fundraising night and selling horses, raffle tickets, getting sponsors etc

There's no good in everyone getting all Jizztastic about new strips and training tops if they can't do the hard, dirty work like I mentioned above!!

The racenight is IMO the most important event for the Beers to date and we HAVE to all do our best so it succeeds :agree:

Mister P
25-02-2010, 07:40 PM
we really need a massive effort from everyone regarding the racenight!

If we are to make a success of next season folk have to commit to getting themselves and others along to this fundraising night and selling horses, raffle tickets, getting sponsors etc

there's no good in everyone getting all jizztastic about new strips and training tops if they can't do the hard, dirty work like i mentioned above!!

The racenight is imo the most important event for the beers to date and we have to all do our best so it succeeds :agree:

amen brother

Scooter
25-02-2010, 07:59 PM

Bolt baldy :grr:

Delboy*
25-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Bolt baldy :grr:

Get yersel a hairstyle......then slag ma slapped heid:greengrin

Judas Iscariot
25-02-2010, 11:22 PM
Get yersel a hairstyle......then slag ma slapped heid:greengrin

He has..

Mr Walnut Whip :agree:

Delboy*
27-02-2010, 07:05 AM
He has..

Mr Wheelnut Whip :agree:

Josh 01
27-02-2010, 10:48 AM
are you bringin the sheets with horses on it tomorrow john? i'll sell some and try get a few mates along

Judas Iscariot
27-02-2010, 12:34 PM
are you bringin the sheets with horses on it tomorrow john? i'll sell some and try get a few mates along

Aye, he'll have all the stuff..

Get the wallet oot :agree:

Judas Iscariot
02-03-2010, 08:34 AM
Aye, he'll have all the stuff..

Get the wallet oot :agree:

Did this happen :confused:

Mister P
02-03-2010, 09:28 AM
naw I forgot them

Judas Iscariot
02-03-2010, 09:39 AM
naw I forgot them

Choob

Mister P
02-03-2010, 09:47 AM
ken :idiot:

Judas Iscariot
06-03-2010, 08:53 AM
I got a price fir a DJ..

If anyone else knows any DJ's get a quote on how much and we'll go with the cheapest :agree:

Gus
06-03-2010, 08:59 AM
I got a price fir a DJ..

If anyone else knows any DJ's get a quote on how much and we'll go with the cheapest :agree:

£120 - good times disco's......they do race nights also:cool2:

Mister P
06-03-2010, 03:48 PM
£120 + to do the race night Gus...ffs man ther'll be no funds raised if we keep paying out. £50 for the licence etc....u donating all that cash like :greengrin

Ritchie
06-03-2010, 03:52 PM
£120 + to do the race night Gus...ffs man ther'll be no funds raised if we keep paying out. £50 for the licence etc....u donating all that cash like :greengrin

My birds brother is a function dj. Could ask him how much he'd do it for if you want

Judas Iscariot
06-03-2010, 05:01 PM

My birds brother is a function dj. Could ask him how much he'd do it for if you want

Ritchie
06-03-2010, 05:31 PM

What's the script though?? Will he need to be there all night or just after the races finish for the disco??
Is john hosting the racenight?

Mister P
06-03-2010, 06:48 PM
i'll host the racenight so just need a disco from 10ish till 1.
(ive asked for the late licence).

Ritchie
06-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Ignore me guys. He has a gig that night.

*queue loser comments*

Ritchie
06-03-2010, 06:59 PM
i'll host the racenight so just need a disco from 10ish till 1.
(ive asked for the late licence).

You get my text??

Judas Iscariot
12-03-2010, 09:30 AM
Ignore me guys. He has a gig that night.

*queue loser comments*

Muppet :agree:

Anyone else had any joy with prices for a DJ?

I wa quoted £120 which, for around 3 hours work is pretty ridiculous :bitchy:

Mister P
12-03-2010, 09:50 AM
you have to remember any DJ will be passing up a full nights work to do just 3 hours work, so Id expect all of them to be pretty similar in price.:dunno:

Teo10
12-03-2010, 10:02 AM
They are all going to be around £120-£140 ish

Judas Iscariot
12-03-2010, 10:42 AM
you have to remember any DJ will be passing up a full nights work to do just 3 hours work, so Id expect all of them to be pretty similar in price.:dunno:

Not if they don't have anything booked on that night they won't!!

£75 ish is better than nowt isn't it!?

Mister P
12-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Not if they don't have anything booked on that night they won't!!

£75 ish is better than nowt isn't it!?

defo...if we can find someone for that

Judas Iscariot
12-03-2010, 04:58 PM
defo...if we can find someone for that

Yep!

Right, so who's all going to commit to coming to this, making the effort to sell horses, get sponsors, bring folk along with them etc?!

We've not had HALF the response in this thread compared to the training tops/new strips threads :rolleyes::bitchy:

Priorities eh boys :cool2:

MacBean
13-03-2010, 11:20 AM
as said im happy to help out with what i can. Cant do too much though got shed loads on at the moment but certianly happy to help out!!