PDA

View Full Version : Yams Kingston the veteran?

Mark79
31-01-2010, 11:17 AM
This is possibly the best story I have heard about the hearts but it appears they have some suspicions that laryea is actually 35 years old and that his documents were actually faked. Apparently this is why the injuries take such a long time to recover from. They are looking to take up legal action against him. This is from a hearts fan that heard this at their agm. If this is true it's right up there with the best I've heard from our little neighbours. Brilliant!

Hainan Hibs
31-01-2010, 11:22 AM
I've heard this before and it could be true, I think it's not so uncommon for Africans to be a different age to what their birth certificate or passport says. (That could be *****, I heard it from somewhere:greengrin)

Part/Time Supporter
31-01-2010, 11:24 AM
I've heard this before and it could be true, I think it's not so uncommon for Africans to be a different age to what their birth certificate or passport says. (That could be *****, I heard it from somewhere:greengrin)

Ipswich paid £3M for Finidi George (star of world cups in for Nigeria in the 1990s) in 2001, thinking he was 29 y/o. In fact he was 33 and finished.

It's been more of a problem in baseball, where you often get these players from a Central American country (eg Panama) or the Caribbean islands (particularly Dominican Republic) pretending to be years younger than they are to get signed up by a MLB team on the basis that they are a better prospect than some (older) American player in college.

eg1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Almonte

eg2 http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5708800.html

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Obafemi Martins was voted African Young Player of the Year in 1976.

iwasthere1972
31-01-2010, 11:47 AM

and different sex. :wink: His dad is Fatima Whitbread.

poolman
31-01-2010, 12:28 PM
and different sex. :wink: His dad is Fatima Whitbread.

:faf::faf::faf:

DirtyDeeds
31-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Have heard this about a few other players but never Kingston, rather amusing!! Roger Milla was one of the most famous, scored in the '94 World Cup at roughly age 40 according to the records. However its widely believed he was 44 or 45. Which makes his achievements at Italia 90 and USA 94 bloody outstanding!!!

Others i've been told about are Obafemi Martins, Kanu, Babayaro, Taribo West. All faded away from the top level football at far too young an age not to arouse suspicion.

Like someone said about the baseball players, its all about appearing to be a stunning 15 or 16-year old prospect when the truth is that you're a really good player but actually 20 or 21.

Pretty Boy
31-01-2010, 12:36 PM
There could be some legs to this as it's not compulsory to register births in Ghana so it honestly wouldn't surprise me if he is slightly unsure of his actual birthday.

Also when you consider his name is wrong on his passport(he's actually Kingson not Kingston) and the Ghanian authorities wouldn't change it then it seems a possibility all isn't right.

forthhibby
31-01-2010, 01:12 PM
i think its about time we showed due appreciation to larry kingston for the job he's doing at hearts, , he's in the final year of a a 3 year deal, reported to be on between £10k and £15k a week, so that's a basic wage of at least £1.5 million plus bonus and appearance money (although he won't have got much of this the last year) and the odd medical expense here and there, he's right up there with the legend that is Mirsad Beslija :faf:

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2010, 01:19 PM
i think its about time we showed due appreciation to larry kingston for the job he's doing at hearts, , he's in the final year of a a 3 year deal, reported to be on between £10k and £15k a week, so that's a basic wage of at least £1.5 million plus bonus and appearance money (although he won't have got much of this the last year) and the odd medical expense here and there, he's right up there with the legend that is Mirsad Beslija :faf:

I agree, this lad deserves a thread all to himself. A proper legend.:thumbsup:

greenlex
31-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Could they not just cut his leg off and count the rings? Its not like he needs it.