PDA

View Full Version : Is Dundee United's challenge over?

Keith_M
31-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Well, now they've lost Levein, has it all gone 'mammaries skyward' for United?

If so, who do you think are Hibs' biggest challengers for a European place?

Mikey
31-12-2009, 01:51 PM
who do you think are Hibs' biggest challengers for a European place?

Their own fans.

iwasthere1972
31-12-2009, 01:54 PM

If so, who do you think are Hibs' biggest challengers for a European place?

Hearts. :agree:

KerPlunk
31-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Their own fans.

:top marks

MacBean
31-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Hearts. :agree:
:agree:

MacBean
31-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Their own fans.
:thumbsup:

i changed my mind :top marks

Spike Mandela
31-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Hibs, hearts, Dundee Utd and Aberdeens target is still 3rd, as it always has been.

Pretty Boy
31-12-2009, 02:04 PM
I'm not so sure Dundee Utd are out of it, if they get the right man in quickly they could steady the ship. They have a decent pool of players.

If Hertz don't sign a striker they can forget it, they could lose a couple of players as well.

Aberdeen are not going to make it this season. They, like Hearts, just don't score enough goals.

blackhibee
31-12-2009, 03:53 PM
I know this might sound daft but I wouldn't rule out st johnstone either. just my opinion.

BEEJ
31-12-2009, 03:57 PM
I think so.

The January window may well demonstrate just how financially challenged the Arabs are - one of the reasons Harry Potter decided to move on.

monktonharp
31-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Hibs, hearts, Dundee Utd and Aberdeens target is still 3rd, as it always has been.that Gorgie mob have halfed the deficit between us and them,in a period of 2 weeks. another couple of 1 nil wins for them could see them breathing down our shoulders.they will be our challengers,along wi United (and Celtic:duck:)

NOLA
31-12-2009, 04:34 PM
can't believe i'm thinking it but ....hertz!!

WindyMiller
31-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Their own fans.

Absolutely Mikey!

Some of the threads posted on here since Sunday are ******ing embarrassing.

Martin
31-12-2009, 04:48 PM
It could work on the reverse, normally when a new manager is appointed they get a second wind, I would not write anyone out from Hearts, Dundee United and Aberdeen.

Jim44
31-12-2009, 06:09 PM
Unless we win or at least draw against the Jambos and win our postponed game, I think the Jambos will go on to get 3rd place.

Steve20
31-12-2009, 06:13 PM
If Hearts win on Sunday and they will probably push on from then and take third again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

down the slope
31-12-2009, 06:36 PM
What a chance for us to cement third place, if we can win on Sunday and push on from that then we can create a gap that others will find hard to close.

ancient hibee
31-12-2009, 06:41 PM
I still think we'll split the OF.

Sent from my padded cell by carrier pigeon.

Prof. Shaggy
31-12-2009, 06:48 PM
I think DU may struggle to recover from their mauling last night and without a manager in place it may take a while. Hearts have crept up while we have been having games postponed and losing to Rangers. Their confidence will have improved but their performances are still pretty poor. Motherwell have lost ground too and Aberdeen are pretty well out of it.
We win or draw at the weekend and keep our heads together and the top three finish is still very much on.

Hakim Sar
31-12-2009, 06:58 PM
I know this might sound daft but I wouldn't rule out st johnstone either. just my opinion.

I wudnae rule oot auchinleck talbot mind ye, yon chic tumilty upfront is as gid as yon drogber felly at chelsea

In all seriousness hearts will probably rope in Dundee utd and will scrap out with them for 4th. hibs just need to focus one game at a time and not set silly targets.

Glory glory

Betty Boop
31-12-2009, 07:04 PM

:faf:

I'm_cabbaged
31-12-2009, 07:09 PM

:faf:

Late contender for post of the year!!!! :thumbsup:

Or it's maybe just the Morgans. :greengrin

AFKA5814_Hibs
31-12-2009, 07:14 PM
There are still a few teams in contention for 3rd place. Every team will go through a bad spell.

Harty95
31-12-2009, 07:38 PM
hearts win three games in a row and theyre challenging us for 3rd place, dont think so incase you dont remember. They're gash! :wink:
still think dundee utd are biggest challengers but pretty sure we can cement third quite easily, i mean come on! we get beat once of rangers and everyone on here thinks we're rotten! stop the pesimistic attitude people!!

Crab apple
31-12-2009, 09:04 PM
United if they get a decent manager. Aberdeen and Motherwell (I think Pa Broon will get them better organised than what I saw on their last visit to Easter Road) will also be there. I'm not an overly glass half full person but I really think third place is ours to lose. The ****bos are a much weaker team than in previous years and I'm confident that we will be well ahead of them come the end of the season.

Free Transfer
31-12-2009, 09:21 PM
hearts win three games in a row and theyre challenging us for 3rd place, dont think so incase you dont remember. They're gash! :wink:
still think dundee utd are biggest challengers but pretty sure we can cement third quite easily, i mean come on! we get beat once of rangers and everyone on here thinks we're rotten! stop the pesimistic attitude people!!

Gash that doesnt concede goals. Not getting carried away but it would be silly to count anyone out in the SPL considering how poor the whole league is where everybody can beat everybody.

Crab apple
31-12-2009, 09:24 PM
And don't score goals. Apart from not having quality strikers your manager appears to be overly cautious even against supposedly easier teams at the PBS. Think it will be close on Sunday but over the course of the season we will be well ahead. We are a much better team than Hearts this year.

Free Transfer
31-12-2009, 09:31 PM
And don't score goals. Apart from not having quality strikers your manager appears to be overly cautious even against supposedly easier teams at the PBS. Think it will be close on Sunday but over the course of the season we will be well ahead. We are a much better team than Hearts this year.

Well aware of the not scoring goals part. Over cautioness is down to not having a single striker that can hit a barn door. Still though the SPL has tightend up at a few weeks ago Hibs and Dundee Utd looked to have ran away with the european places but the league has tightened up over the last couple of weeks.

I'm_cabbaged
31-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Gash that doesnt concede goals. Not getting carried away but it would be silly to count anyone out in the SPL considering how poor the whole league is where everybody can beat everybody.

Gash that's been lucky enough not to concede goals. :wink:

Crab apple
31-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Well aware of the not scoring goals part. Over cautioness is down to not having a single striker that can hit a barn door. Still though the SPL has tightend up at a few weeks ago Hibs and Dundee Utd looked to have ran away with the european places but the league has tightened up over the last couple of weeks.

Think a less cautious manager might have been tempted to use Glen more along with one of your more 'established' strikers. Must be great to watch though.:wink:

madabouthibs
31-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Yams are still our main rival for third.
I'm actually pissed right off, the very fact that we've only just lost a great unbeaten run to the Huns, after offering a decent challenge for the last few months, and now we're genuinely worried about Hertz catching us, even though they were in a relegation battle 2 or 3 weeks ago!
We usally go through a pretty barren patch in Jan/Feb. Hopefully its past this seaz! :thumbsup: