PDA

View Full Version : Question Hugh Dallas/UEFA/FIFA ..... anybody??

Jonnyboy
05-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Why have the powers that be done all in their power to take the physical part out of football? Today Brines typified your modern day ref, first hint of contact and the whistle goes.

I suggest Dallas gets all his cronies in and makes them watch games from the 70's, 80's etc and not because the refs then were better but because the kind of 'foul' given at the drop of a hat these days was part and parcel of the game and it didn't do the sport any harm

Rant over :wink:

Oh sorry, one more thing - I've watched football since Adam was a boy and I cannot recall a game where the referee actually physically got in the way more than Brines did today. Not content with blowing his whistle every ten seconds he had to break up play by getting in the flippin way

Rant number 2 over :greengrin

FranckSuzy
05-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Why have the powers that be done all in their power to take the physical part out of football? Today Brines typified your modern day ref, first hint of contact and the whistle goes.

I suggest Dallas gets all his cronies in and makes them watch games from the 70's, 80's etc and not because the refs then were better but because the kind of 'foul' given at the drop of a hat these days was part and parcel of the game and it didn't do the sport any harm

Rant over :wink:

Oh sorry, one more thing - I've watched football since Adam was a boy and I cannot recall a game where the referee actually physically got in the way more than Brines did today. Not content with blowing his whistle every ten seconds he had to break up play by getting in the flippin way

Rant number 2 over :greengrin

David, is that you? :greengrin

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1336946203627&id=029a305eff200e7fe7ebe3076a2b4737&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.pisymbol.com%2fimages%2fincre dible_hulk.jpg

Broken Gnome
05-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Of Hibs' 22 (TWENTY TWO!!!!!!!!!!!) fouls, at least half were for nothing. Not even a biased exaggeration. Some of the most needless halting of play due to minor contact that didn't even obstruct a Motherwell player. There was one quite early on out towards the main stand touchline where the guy threw himself down in the most softest, most wimpy manner I've ever seen when Miller(?) just brushed him.

Gannon would be right to claim that Brines was rubbish.

SloopJB
05-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Unfortunately the ref has to make a decision and sometimes players do their best to con the ref..
It's part of the game sadly but it's still a decent game.h