PDA

View Full Version : Liam Miller

Hibby Bairn
05-12-2009, 04:56 PM
:not worth

The real deal. Fantastic performance today.

Westie1875
05-12-2009, 04:58 PM

Agreed, just hope we can hold on to him for quite a while. :agree:

Liam89
05-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Hmm, i wonder if he wants to move to a bigger team again like he did with Celtic to Manchester united if he's offered or if he just wants to commit himself to Hibs and enjoy his football.

Cropley10
05-12-2009, 05:03 PM

He hit one pass straight out of play.

First time I can recall him making a mistake.:greengrin

I could watch Miller all day in a Hibs shirt...:thumbsup:

Walkerbaws
05-12-2009, 05:07 PM
I have no doubt that liam miller is a class act but, i'll probably get pelters for saying this, i dont think he has shown it so far in a hibs shirt.

I just think he plays the safe ball all the time, never seems to pass it forward, just side to side or back.

I never seem to come away from a game and say what a great performance he had, fair enough he never does much wrong but he never seems to make a big impact on the game.

Maybe its just the role yogi has him playing but every game ive seen him play i forgot he was on the park.

MacBean
05-12-2009, 05:11 PM
I have no doubt that liam miller is a class act but, i'll probably get pelters for saying this, i dont think he has shown it so far in a hibs shirt.

I just think he plays the safe ball all the time, never seems to pass it forward, just side to side or back.

I never seem to come away from a game and say what a great performance he had, fair enough he never does much wrong but he never seems to make a big impact on the game.

Maybe its just the role yogi has him playing but every game ive seen him play i forgot he was on the park.

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:
:bye::bye:

Cropley10
05-12-2009, 05:12 PM

You're quite right - you will get pelters. Liam Miller is having a great season for us and we're lucky to have him.

Onceinawhile
05-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Didn't see too much of him in the first half, but the second half he was absolutely everywhere. Not sure he was MOTM, but he wasn't far off it.:agree:

Walkerbaws
05-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Of course we're lucky to have him but i would like to see him play further up the park and play balls forward from time to time. One instance today he palyed it back and forth to zemama about ten times and he was three yards away. Thats the only thing that stands out about his performance.

jdships
05-12-2009, 05:19 PM

Don't quite understand your take on Miller
He has never been a flashy player - suggest you watch the next game you see him play in and come back and tell us how many times he played a colleague into trouble with a loose pass
Agree he goes about his business playing the "safe" pass which is more telling than the crazy 50 yard pass that ends up nowhere.
Which would you rather have ?
I would love to have played with LM !!!!
His work rate is phenominal plus he protects the ball .

I rate him my player of the season so far :thumbsup:

HibeeDaz6270
05-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Of course we're lucky to have him but i would like to see him play further up the park and play balls forward from time to time. One instance today he palyed it back and forth to zemama about ten times and he was three yards away. Thats the only thing that stands out about his performance.
Im guessing you didnt play football yourself? Certainly not as a midfielder anyway. Its all about keeping possesion of the ball, and not being forced into playing a pass thats not on.

The Voice Of Reason
05-12-2009, 05:22 PM

No disrespect, but there is clearly a village somewhere missing their idiot. :agree:

You are either on the wind up, or know nothing at all about football (the type of fan that Mikey Stewart loves!) :wink:

Violater
05-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Miller was superb today,i would really like to see him have a few shots on goal. He had oppertunitys to do this today.

Deservedly man of the match.

:greengrin

Cropley10
05-12-2009, 05:24 PM

Please go away. Please.:bye:

Leithenhibby
05-12-2009, 05:26 PM
No disrespect, but there is clearly a village somewhere missing their idiot. :agree:

You are either on the wind up, or know nothing at all about football (the type of fan that Mikey Stewart loves!) :wink:

I think he has nothing to do until the morra :agree: I smell *****e.....

Walkerbaws
05-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Im guessing you didnt play football yourself? Certainly not as a midfielder anyway. Its all about keeping possesion of the ball, and not being forced into playing a pass thats not on.

Ok, fair enough we need to keep possesion but you dont get anywhere by playing the ball side to side and backwards. if we dint have the likes of zemama, nish, murray and wotherspoon running up and down the park all day we would never get out of midfield.

Cropley10
05-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Ok, fair enough we need to keep possesion but you dont get anywhere by playing the ball side to side and backwards. if we dint have the likes of zemama, nish, murray and wotherspoon running up and down the park all day we would never get out of midfield.

You are now making a fool of yourself...

Hibby Bairn
05-12-2009, 05:33 PM
But we have. And Liam Miller brings ALL these players into the game whilst pulling the opposition towards the ball.

A very good player.

Walkerbaws
05-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Tell me one thing that liam miller done today that was outstanding? Defence splitting pass? Last ditch tackle? Nah, not one thing i can remember. I'm not running him down or saying he's a rotten player, I just cant seewhy everyone is bumming him up.

HibeeDaz6270
05-12-2009, 05:38 PM

Watch barcelona..And watcher the number of little side and backwards passes they make, you have to keep possesion of the ball until there is an opening to push forward. You clearly have never kicked a ball in your life, and dont understand the game of football very well. Comments like yours frustrate me, as they are nonsense.

Andy74
05-12-2009, 05:39 PM

Couldn't disagree more. He has shown he's a class act and was outstanding today.

sleeping giant

Head and Shoulders above everyone else on the park today.

Total class:agree:

scoopyboy

He very rarely wastes a ball and wins a helluva lot of balls in midfield through solid tackling and intelligent reading of the game.

Apart from that he does not do very much, doughball.

sleeping giant
05-12-2009, 05:40 PM

:greengrin

Where you not at the game today ?

Walkerbaws
05-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Watch barcelona..And watcher the number of little side and backwards passes they make, you have to keep possesion of the ball until there is an opening to push forward. You clearly have never kicked a ball in your life, and dont understand the game of football very well. Comments like yours frustrate me, as they are nonsense.

Watch barca next time, and every player plays the ball forward even the defenders. Miller never seems to play the ball forward though.

scoopyboy
05-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Watch barca next time, and every player plays the ball forward even the defenders. Miller never seems to play the ball forward though.

Chris Hogg knocks the ball up the park every time he has it, does that mean he should be playing for Barcelona going by your logic?

TheCabbage
05-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Class Act.
Totally ran the midefield in our recent outing to Ibrox.
Ever heard of posession football?

Hibs Spain
05-12-2009, 05:51 PM

He's better than I thought he would be and I thought he would be really good.The main thing that I've noticed is that he gets stuck in much more than I thought he would.Apart from a couple of poor short passes today I thought Rankin earned himself a few Brownie points today too

Walkerbaws
05-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Class Act.
Totally ran the midefield in our recent outing to Ibrox.
Ever heard of posession football?

Tell me this then, Falkirk in the scottish cup final 2008, i seem to recall them playing possesion football did they not?:dunno:

TheCabbage
05-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Could not tell you.
Didnt watch the cup final.
How many games have you seen Miller play then?

Walkerbaws
05-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Could not tell you.
Didnt watch the cup final.
How many games have you seen Miller play then?

Every game he has played mate

MSK
05-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Tell me one thing that liam miller done today that was outstanding? Defence splitting pass? Last ditch tackle? Nah, not one thing i can remember. I'm not running him down or saying he's a rotten player, I just cant seewhy everyone is bumming him up.The guy is class ..if you actually went to games you would see that ..:wink:

sleeping giant
05-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Tell me this then, Falkirk in the scottish cup final 2008, i seem to recall them playing possesion football did they not?:dunno:

Whats your point ?

The kept the ball but couldnt finish.
We can keep the ball AND finish !

Great stuff eh:thumbsup:

Anyway , enough of this nonsense ! We are , after all , all green blooded Hibs fans eh ?:cool2:

TheCabbage
05-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Every game he has played mate

So you left Ibrox thinking he hadnt had a great game then?

Walkerbaws
05-12-2009, 05:58 PM
The guy is class ..if you actually went to games you would see that ..:wink:

If you read my first quote you would see that i said he was a class act but hasnt shown it at hibs.

--------
05-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Miller is a class act. Right now he's missing his mate McBride which possibly means he's being a wee bit more contained than usual, but he is a class act, no doubts.

And what's more, we haven't yet seen the best of him..... :wink:

broonie27
05-12-2009, 06:00 PM

Oh I just love these replies - the knowledge of a "player". It's not ALL about "keeping possesion of the ball, and not being forced into playing a pass thats not on" at all. Those are traits I would expect in any decent player, especially a midfielder. The better players then build on that adding incisive passing, ability to beat a player and scoring to their game. Walkerbaws obviously agrees with me on that one but in saying that I don't really agree with him that Miller needs to show more every game.

MSK
05-12-2009, 06:01 PM
If you read my first quote you would see that i said he was a class act but hasnt shown it at hibs.He has though ..:confused:....take yer blindfold off matey !!!

sleeping giant
05-12-2009, 06:01 PM
If you read my first quote you would see that i said he was a class act but hasnt shown it at hibs.

He has shown it in nearly every match :confused:

Opinions eh ?

What do you think his best game in a Hibs shirt was ?

Walkerbaws
05-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Whats your point ?

The kept the ball but couldnt finish.
We can keep the ball AND finish !

Great stuff eh:thumbsup:

Anyway , enough of this nonsense ! We are , after all , all green blooded Hibs fans eh ?:cool2:

My point is, i think the only reason you have so much praise for this guy is because of where he has come from! Mcbride does exactly the same job as miller yet doesnt get singled out for this praise because he has come from that big club falkirk.

matty_f
05-12-2009, 06:06 PM
My point is, i think the only reason you have so much praise for this guy is because of where he has come from! Mcbride does exactly the same job as miller yet doesnt get singled out for this praise because he has come from that big club falkirk.

If McBride played today he'd have probably received the same praise he has had all season.

MSK
05-12-2009, 06:07 PM
My point is, i think the only reason you have so much praise for this guy is because of where he has come from! Mcbride does exactly the same job as miller yet doesnt get singled out for this praise because he has come from that big club falkirk.Aye he does !!! check out the praise Mcbride has had on here !!! ..jeezo ..:rolleyes:

You are at the wind up ...!!!

Aubenas
05-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Awesome today. Reads the game,intercepts and passes better than anyone else and has a good bit of dig too. Respect!

sleeping giant
05-12-2009, 06:09 PM

:confused:

McBride has been an excellent signing :agree:

My opinion of Miller is based only on the games i have seen him play in.
He oozed class today.

Removed
05-12-2009, 06:09 PM
Aye he does !!! check out the praise Mcbride has had on here !!! ..jeezo ..:rolleyes:

Change his name to Fannybaws :greengrin

The Voice Of Reason
05-12-2009, 06:11 PM
I reckon Walkerbaws is either :-

A. Stevie Wonder
B. David Blunkett
or
c. A Female (no clue about football) :duck:

Cropley10
05-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Change his name to Fannybaws :greengrin

:agree: And then fax him back.

He's in a minority of one and keeps digging...

--------
05-12-2009, 06:16 PM
:confused:

McBride has been an excellent signing :agree:

My opinion of Miller is based only on the games i have seen him play in. He oozed class today.

Absolutely, sg.

Kevin McBride has been first-class for us this season, and he and Liam Miller have formed a seriously effective partnership in the middle of the team. We're missing him right now, but it says it all about Liam Miller that we played as well as all reports suggest without him.

It also suggests that John Rankin can't be quite as useless as some of us would make out. (And then we have Paddy Cregg on the bench....)

I say again - Liam Miller is a class act and while we have yet to see him at his very best, that class has been evident all season to anyone with even half an eye for a footballer.

soupy
05-12-2009, 06:20 PM
If McBride played today he'd have probably received the same praise he has had all season.

Spot on..:top marks

Cropley10
05-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Absolutely, sg.

Kevin McBride has been first-class for us this season, and he and Liam Miller have formed a seriously effective partnership in the middle of the team. We're missing him right now, but it says it all about Liam Miller that we played as well as all reports suggest without him.

It also suggests that John Rankin can't be quite as useless as some of us would make out. (And then we have Paddy Cregg on the bench....)

I say again - Liam Miller is a class act and while we have yet to see him at his very best, that class has been evident all season to anyone with even half an eye for a footballer.

I thought Rankin had a very good game today.... apart from his obligatory squiggler attempt.

euro Hibby
05-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Whilst Miller was very good today and is obviously a good player the difference today was that they were all up for it and it was great team performance.
The attack defended well up the park. The amount of times they causght Motherwell defenders on the ball was amazing. 68 % possession for Hibs and only 32 % back this up.

My man of the match was probably the much maligned Colin Nish or maybe Maka who made the save when needed !

Can't see the issue with Miller ..........good player.

Walkerbaws
05-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Miller oozes class by playing the ball side to side and backwards :confused:

euro Hibby
05-12-2009, 06:25 PM
bit like Barry Ferguson then for you.........

--------
05-12-2009, 06:26 PM

Aw go away. :rolleyes:

Walkerbaws
05-12-2009, 06:27 PM
bit like Barry Ferguson then for you.........

Hit the nail on the head mate, does that mean that we all think ferguson oozes class too?

MSK
05-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Miller oozes class by playing the ball side to side and backwards :confused:By keeping it simple, bringing others into play ..linking up..tackling...he is doing all that & more..what the f do you want ..?..thats where he plays & thats what he does ..!!!!! :confused:

Allant1981
05-12-2009, 06:33 PM

LTYF:bye:

matty_f
05-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Hit the nail on the head mate, does that mean that we all think ferguson oozes class too?

If you cannae see what Liam Miller adds to the side, you probably don't deserve to watch football. He was magnificent today.

The_Horde
05-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Miller is the new Brian Kerr. :grr:

Judas Iscariot
05-12-2009, 06:38 PM

:troll:

--------
05-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Miller is the new Brian Kerr. :grr:

You've taken that TOO FAR! :bitchy:

If Carlsberg made vacant spaces, they'd probably all be called Brian Kerr....

swazzie
05-12-2009, 06:46 PM

And why do you think they get to "run up and down the park all day"?

Could it be because we have someone who keeps the ball moving, passes it from side to side, breaks up oppositions attacks, picks the short and simple ball retaining passes and all that with a high level of skill and class :dunno:

I have a sneaky feeling you are a member of the SFA coaching staff :greengrin

The_Horde
05-12-2009, 06:55 PM
You've taken that TOO FAR! :bitchy:

If Carlsberg made vacant spaces, they'd probably all be called Brian Kerr....

Hopeless.

Barry the crab mixed with Kerr. :agree:

CropleyWasGod
05-12-2009, 07:03 PM
By keeping it simple, bringing others into play ..linking up..tackling...he is doing all that & more..what the f do you want ..?..thats where he plays & thats what he does ..!!!!! :confused:

As I said to my son today, it's been a long time since we have had someone like that in the team.

Can anyone think of the last guy in that mould?

thebakerboy
05-12-2009, 07:23 PM
As I said to my son today, it's been a long time since we have had someone like that in the team.

Pat Stanton but as regards Miller think there is more to come and today he was excellant but is even better with his mate McBride takes the defensive duties from him , as for Walkerbaws sounds like a YAM to me:jamboak:

TornadoHibby
05-12-2009, 07:30 PM

I am sorry but I must make two points in response to your post! :agree:

1. You never go to matches but listen to the Radio Scotland twats for your opinions! :confused: OR

2. You should get straight down to Specsavers to get your spectacle prescription checked and order your new specs immediately! :wink:

Miller was (correctly) the man of the match today! His speed of recovery when he loses a tackle is fantastic and he is constantly breaking things up in midfield when the opposition have the ball and either creating himself or letting his team-mates create our next offensive movement! :wink: :agree:

I can only assume as a "third" option that you were "fishing"! :fishin:

Broken Gnome
05-12-2009, 07:30 PM
In the endless amount of times he won possession back today (with a bit of intelligence too, he can actually challenge a player properly where umpteen players would basically barge someone with the ball) he laid the foundations for the countless chances we had. Add that to the fact he's composed, can beat a man, take the ball in tight situations, is unbelievably fit...... honestly think he's as impressive a signing as Hibs have made or will make in years.

PatHead
05-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Think Miller is a class player and can,t believe questions are even being asked about him. Plays with his head up hence the reason he keeps ball moving. If there is a better midfield player in Scotland just now can anyone tell me who he is?

Hibby Bairn
05-12-2009, 07:37 PM
In the endless amount of times he won possession back today (with a bit of intelligence too, he can actually challenge a player properly where umpteen players would basically barge someone with the ball) he laid the foundations for the countless chances we had. Add that to the fact he's composed, can beat a man, take the ball in tight situations, is unbelievably fit...... honestly think he's as impressive a signing as Hibs have made or will make in years.

:agree: The foundation for his play. Six-pack would love him!

The Voice Of Reason
05-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Think Miller is a class player and can,t believe questions are even being asked about him. Plays with his head up hence the reason he keeps ball moving. If there is a better midfield player in Scotland just now can anyone tell me who he is?

If you read the thread, there is only one clown (imposter) who is asking questions about him.

As stated earlier "he" is either :-

A. Stevie Wonder
B. David Blunkett
or
C. A Female

jdships
05-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Walkerbaws View Post

Aye he does !!! check out the praise Mcbride has had on here !!! ..jeezo ..:rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly :thumbsup:
Miller is class .
As I said in an earlier post would have loved to have played in front of him !!!!
McBride is a different type of player who grafts away doing the "cleaning up" in mid field .
Walkerbaws should take some time to watch McB "at work" , he always seems to have a bit more time, than others, to use the ball and seldom wastes a pass
As you say HH he gets plenty praise and quite rightly so :thumbsup:

:flag:

ronaldo7
05-12-2009, 07:49 PM

I sat watching Liam today, and he reminded me in bits of the great man in your avatar.

Sodjer was a stand out for me in the Tornadoes side, and Liam would have fitted right into that side the way he played today. He was all over them like a rash, and kept the ball until a good opening came our way.

The boy is pure unadulterated class:thumbsup:

thebakerboy
05-12-2009, 07:51 PM
If you read the thread, there is only one clown (imposter) who is asking questions about him.

As stated earlier "he" is either :-

A. Stevie Wonder
B. David Blunkett
or
C. A Female
Or as I suggested earlier he is really a"supporter" of that other "football club" in our beautiful city please note Quotes before I get pelters:devil::devil:

Danderhall Hibs
05-12-2009, 07:52 PM

FFS. :hilarious

You've lasted this long then throw that clanger in. Only a non-football/Hearts fan could come up with that assessment of Miller.

Silversand
05-12-2009, 09:22 PM
The attack defended well up the park. The amount of times they causght Motherwell defenders on the ball was amazing.

My man of the match was probably the much maligned Colin Nish

Sums it up for me! :thumbsup:

Fantastic 2nd half team performance.

EasterRoad4Ever
05-12-2009, 09:42 PM
IMHO best performance by Miller since joining Hibs and best performance by ANY Hibs player this season - simply different class, outstanding. How we've managed to get Miller is a master-stroke.

At one stage int eh 2nd half Miller, Zouma and Deeks were passing the ball around and you could almost see they know they were on a different level.

Enjoy the moment and the next few months because it probably doesn't get much better than this for us Hibbies.

MyJo
05-12-2009, 09:51 PM
miller is hibs class........nuff said :greengrin

AFKA5814_Hibs
06-12-2009, 12:27 AM
Miller was brilliant today.

When he was announced as MoM had a wee clap cause IMO, thought he deserved it. :thumbsup:

Saorsa
06-12-2009, 12:29 AM

Maybe its just the role yogi has him playing but every game ive seen him play i forgot he was on the park.:faf::faf:

:bye:

patlowe
06-12-2009, 01:22 AM
I don't agree with castigating a guy for his opinion but it really frustrates me that someone can't appreciate what we have in Miller. He utterly ran the game today. While Motherwell looked like a team of boys with a bit of potential, Miller just stood head and shoulders above their midfield. Vision, composure, passing, tackling, controlled aggression, what more could you want in a midfielder? It also says a lot for the guy that he has played with some world class players and for one of the best clubs in the world but he is humble enough to go about his business quietly and with an exemplary work-rate. The scary thing is, I think there's better to come!

TornadoHibby
06-12-2009, 09:10 AM
I thought Rankin had a very good game today.... apart from his obligatory squiggler attempt.

:top marks

Agreed, he was very good to day and was one of our best exponents of the pressing style of play IMO! :agree:

Both he and Liam Miller never gave the 'Well midfied any time on the ball which, naturally, meant that they couldn't do much with the ball when they had it! :agree:

Oh aye, why does he do that EVERY game from 40 yds out! :confused:

Munson7
06-12-2009, 01:07 PM

This statement just shows you know very little about football, of course Barca players play the ball forward, but they play it backwards or sideways just as often! It's all about keeping the ball and waiting for the opening.

Xavi does for Barcelona what Miller is currently doing for Hibs, keeps it simple and very rarely loses the ball, both extrememly important players to their clubs and essential players for the style of football both teams try to achieve.

The guy is different class, and that's all there is to it.

--------
06-12-2009, 01:15 PM
I don't agree with castigating a guy for his opinion but it really frustrates me that someone can't appreciate what we have in Miller. He utterly ran the game today. While Motherwell looked like a team of boys with a bit of potential, Miller just stood head and shoulders above their midfield. Vision, composure, passing, tackling, controlled aggression, what more could you want in a midfielder? It also says a lot for the guy that he has played with some world class players and for one of the best clubs in the world but he is humble enough to go about his business quietly and with an exemplary work-rate. The scary thing is, I think there's better to come!

I'm sure of it.

He's a star. :thumbsup:

MyJo
06-12-2009, 01:26 PM
see those argentinians......playing balls backwards and sideways all the time....absolute pish!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0O7KkZn4rk

:wink:

GTMRossaK3
06-12-2009, 04:11 PM
In addition to all the positives ( and surprise at the negatives ) already posted about Miller's performance yesterday I was really impressed with his vision and reading of the game. The number of times he accurately predicted where the opposition would play the ball and either intercepted the pass or was on their player as they received the ball ( and successfully tackled ) was first class. It is a joy to watch such a football brain at work and I am delighted ( and feel very priviledged ) that he is doing it in a Hibs strip. He appears now to put a high priority on enjoyment of playing above financial gain and that is to our benefit and Yogi's credit. We are very lucky to have been able to attract this calibre of player to our club so let's enjoy him while he's ours!

Dashing Bob S
06-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Needs to watch the discipline if he hopes to fill Mikey Stewarts boots at ER.